Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

[tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. (36241 Views)

Pls Advice On Which To Buy Btw Tecno D5 And L3 / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 03, 2013
Sama i think u made a great point cos i remembered i once did that the day i bought the phone. Let me add it.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2013
Here is the solution i found at last. It surely works for all types of phone. But you must be connected online before it works:

DISCLAIMER: Rooting your device will void its warranty. Furthermore,
performing the rooting procedure incorrectly may brick or damage your
phone. Please, use this guide at your own risk.

1. First back up your phone.

2. Download SRSRoot from this website to your computer.[ SRSRoot
Download www.srsroot.com/ ]

3. After downloading SRSRoot, install the application on your computer.

4. On your Android phone go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Tick USB
Debugging.

5. Then, connect your Tecno D5, N7 (ANY TECNO OR ANDROID PHONE) to your computer using your USB cable.

6. Run the SRSRoot software on your computer.

7. Then click on “Root Device [All Method]” and the rooting process starts.

8. Be careful to follow all the on-screen instructions including
“Restoration”.

That’s all. Your Android phone is now rooted.
NOTE: SRSRoot is totally reversible by just clicking the “Unroot Device”
button.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2013
Great
davit: Here is the solution i found at last. It surely works for all types of phone. But you must be connected online before it works:

Debugging.

5. Then, connect your Tecno N7 to your computer using your USB cable.

“Restoration”.

button.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by samthomp(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
ohhh tnks man so happy nw rootin successful
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by biggboy(m): 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
davit: Here is the solution i found at last. It surely works for all types of phone. But you must be connected online before it works:

Debugging.

5. Then, connect your Tecno D5, N7 (ANY TECNO OR ANDROID PHONE) to your computer using your USB cable.

“Restoration”.

button.
what do u mean by CONNECTED ONLINE
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Lstar4real(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
i dnt ave laptop or desktop.... m in ikorodu lagos.... can anybody help me......
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
i am at berger yard mile 2,apapa
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by W3xy1(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2013
EMMAUGOH: i am at berger yard mile 2,apapa
emma will i press one on my laptop or phone?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2013
W3xy1: emma will i press one on my laptop or phone?
you only gonna press the root file that is in ur pc not in your phone.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by W3xy1(m): 7:40am On Jun 04, 2013
after i run the runme.bat file, it ask me to make a choice and i press 1 on my laptop, nothing happen fa
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2013
W3xy1: after i run the runme.bat file, it ask me to make a choice and i press 1 on my laptop, nothing happen fa

Forget about that method. Take your phone to a cybercafe with your USB cable. Connect your phone to the system. Download srsroot from their site. install it and press root on the interface. make sure your phone is connected to the system and debugging is checked on the phone. Wait for the software to finish the rooting. Follow every step to details. You can also do this at home if you have access to the Internet.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2013
EMMAUGOH: AFter rooting my tecno D5 under 10-15mins , i think opening a tread for this will help others that want to root thier Android 4.o phones in order to install apps that need root privileges.

[center]REQUIREMENTS[/center]
1. A laptop or desktop.
2.An internet Bundle to download file of 30mb.
3.A Usb cable.
And off-course Any 4.o Android Phone.
pls this is not app its a hack so I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters.

Download any android Debugging app that will let you install android driver and let your phone connect with your pc, apps like http://pdanet.co/a or download this http://snappea.en.softonic.com/ used for many purpose like moving all apps to SD

Download this file http://205.196.120.206/456kv5f0zm3g/aluaaotbbuv5g7k/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18_2.7z

Install the Debugging app and when it prompts you to plug you phone,do it quickly and make sure it installs the drivers. If that is well done close the App on your pc.

OPen the root with Restore you downloaded extract it to any folder in your pc .
Run the Runme.bat file, a command prompt window will open
when it prompts for an option.
PRESS 1 and it will continue to execute the task.
Then after that another window will open in your phone PLEASE ENTER YOUR DEVICE ENCRYPTION PASSWORD BELOW,when you see that dont mind it ignore it and just click RESTORE MY DATA below and wait for the process to finish
. Your device will restart, and if you see the SUPER SU icon on your apps drawer it means that you had successfully rooted your phone.N.B=note , if you click on the runme.bat file and it continues without rooting your phone,pls try backing up your apps and do a factory reset and try rooting it again. BESTLUCK. if you wanna learn more go here [url]http://hdc-galaxy.com/how-to-root-any-chinese-android-running-android-4-0-ics4-1-jb/
[/url]
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by W3xy1(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2013
thanks to emma and davit. hav successfully root my tecno q1 after 5 tryings cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by miccodb(m): 11:02am On Jun 04, 2013
cant find root with restore on 4shared anymore. can someone pls send it to my box. miccodb@yahoo.co.uk
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Damix007(m): 4:51am On Jun 08, 2013
This is not working for me.

Whats the confirmed method of rooting a TEcno D5
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 08, 2013
Damix007: This is not working for me.

Whats the confirmed method of rooting a TEcno D5
,check the tutorial by davit here in page 1
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by sadeyjc(m): 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Please please can somebody give me the link where i can download
the D5 ICS ROM or the Jelly Bean or the ones between the
two of them?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Lstar4real(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2013
Tecno D5: for sale..a month old contact me on whatsapp 08136072824 m in lagos
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Babanhajiya(m): 9:28am On Jun 19, 2013
Is there any method of rooting this phone without a PC?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Babanhajiya: Is there any method of rooting this phone without a PC?
No way for now. You have to be connected to a PC to have the rooting properly done. Though there are other apps that work with some other android phones. Cheers!
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
sadeyjc: Please please can somebody give me the link where i can download
the D5 ICS ROM or the Jelly Bean or the ones between the
two of them?
Sorry bro. There is no custom ROM for this phone. I guess it is because it is a Chinese phone as there are custom ROMs for other phones that are not China made. If you are interested, my TECNO D5, fully ROOTED with cool apps, is up for sale.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Babanhajiya(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
davit:
No way for now. You have to be connected to a PC to have the rooting properly done. Though there are other apps that work with some other android phones. Cheers!
thanx.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by macklef(m): 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
which method is beta davit n Emma.. i prefare d 2nd method cos it dosnt involve most app dwnld lyk d 1st tut but is it workin wella??
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by oscar4luv(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2013
This is really interesting. I can now Root My Tecno D5 android phone. Thanks
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by 1on1: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
Tnx a lot for the tutorial. It was very helpful in rooting my tecno d5
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by 1on1: 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Those who wish to partition and increase their phone's internal storage location can refer to this link pls:
http://www.aroundandroid.com/tag/how-to-increase-android-phones-internal-memory-with-link2sd-app/
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by McWelling: 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
the 2 methods didn't work on my d5 help please.i want to root today
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Have you tried the 2nd method.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by McWelling: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
i used snappea to install drivers,maybe i should try pdanet
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Dcrucial: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2013

Debugging.

“Restoration”.

button.
how can i backup my tecno D5
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by McWelling: 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
i'm having probs with the pdanet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out Whatsapp New Update With Cool Features / Infinix Note 8(N90,400) Vs Infinix Zero 8(N116,900), Which Should U Buy?(photos) / Tecno Camon C7 Official Specs, Photos And Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.