Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Why Is Marraige Getting Harder - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Marraige Getting Harder (1867 Views)

Love Story: Between Love, Aristo & Marraige...part 2 / Imagine This Marraige List Given To Me Before I Can Marry Their Daughter / Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2013
I am young man of 32 yrs old just got married to a beautiful girl..her mum is Igbo but dad is Hausa...so there are times her female friends do come to the house..my wife is 24yrs graduate of a polytechnic...she is so so nice..BUT I CANT BEAR HER GIRL FRIENDS COMING TO OUR HOUSE ANYMORE....COS HONESTLY AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY WIFE...THESE GIRL ARE TEMPTING....My wife is very slim and i "like" it...the last time her cousins came to our house..they are girls Jos...the girls were just too pretty...my young wife was always sitting on my laps and enjoying my presence...i respect myself...dats how i was raised up decent and contentment...but i wont lie to you the ladies around my wife are too much jare.......and d worst thing is she doesnt even notice anything.... i just wanna share my ordeal....
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by onechance(m): 11:55pm On May 17, 2013
hold on to your before you slip
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nobody: 1:01am On May 18, 2013
I dont know dude but you kinda confused me....I think the appropriate tittle for the thread should have been "How should I tell my wife to stop bringing her friends to the house because their presence is tempting me touch."...THE TITLE AND YOUR POST ARE BIG CONTRASTS....but i will answer your question though Chalay....marriage is getting harder because women are more independent...before, a women's place was the kitchen and her duties were to take care of the kids and her husband. But now days, women are equal to men and they dont have to put up with stupid crap. And also, men have failed to evolve and realized that women were not put on earth to be their slaves. The way I see it: women are evolving while most men are still ignorant and mere old relics of the male superiority propaganda reinforced by religion. cheers

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nnekacherry: 6:57am On May 18, 2013
OP you have 4 options..
1) Tell your wife to stop bringing the girls to the house..
2) She can invite them only when you are not around..
3) Stay in your room whenever they come or anywhere you wont be seeing them..
4) Or continue to be the good guy that you are, whether they are around or not and concentrate only on your wife..
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Princeparix(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
I dont know dude but you kinda confused me....I think the appropriate tittle for the thread should have been "How should I tell my wife to stop bringing her friends to the house because their presence is tempting me touch."...THE TITLE AND YOUR POST ARE BIG CONTRASTS....but i will answer your question though Chalay....marriage is getting harder because women are more independent...before, a women's place was the kitchen and her duties were to take care of the kids and her husband. But now days, women are equal to men and they dont have to put up with stupid crap. And also, men have failed to evolve and realized that women were not put on earth to be their slaves. The way I see it: women are evolving while most men are still ignorant and mere old relics of the male superiority propaganda reinforced by religion. cheers
I really don't understand the point your stressing-from women leaving their duty post{like what you said} to men being ignorant. Abeg explain
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by 190: 9:04am On May 18, 2013
Choose one of these young ladies carefully and make your move

Remember we are in africa and can marry as much as 4wives

Christians or muslims included

Good luck wink
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by GraceBestowed(f): 10:09am On May 18, 2013
^^ LOL!! Omo, you go fear bad advice!!! ^^

OP, it's time to be honest and tell your wife exactly what you think. Risking her being upset is way better than cheating on her.
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Princesszoe: 10:29am On May 18, 2013
190 how can you profer such an immoral and unholy advise? How can you advise a man to commit adultery? This is exactly what the society is suffering today, moral decadence. Any married man that keeps you as a friend will be doomed forever. May God deliver good men from guys like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 18, 2013
Leave the house when they come over or jus go chill in ur room
Learn self-control while u are at it smiley
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 18, 2013
Princeparix: I really don't understand the point your stressing-from women leaving their duty post{like what you said} to men being ignorant. Abeg explain

Ill explain

There was a time when women were expected only to take care of their family. Those days, having a career or simply being ambitious was almost unheard of for a women. However, the time has changed. Women are now in the work place, political offices, CEO, and successful business owners. But, most men still think that a women's role is to take care of her family, or if she has a job, the men has to control the money because he is man.

For example, there is this couple that know that got divorce because of the male superiority propaganda thats reinforced by religion. The lady was an accountant for a big hospital here, she was an expert with handling money, she knew how to spend, when to spend, and how to save money. But the husband was just a register nurse and was kinda clueless about handling money. The husband insisted that he should be in-charge of the money because he is the man of the house even though he has no clue how to handle money....The lady tried to explain to him that she understand that hes the man of the house but she should handle the finances because that's her job...shes an expert at it....well needless to say...the marriage didn't work.....IF YOUR WIFE IS AN ACCOUNTANT COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL YOU TO LET HER HANDLE THE HOUSE FINANCES

MEN ARE NOT EVOLVING FAST ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLDS HAS CHANGED....WOMEN ARE NOT SLAVES, A MEN MUST HELP COOK, CLEAN, TAKE CARE OF THE BABY, AND MAKE MONEY...BECAUSE WOMEN ARE DOING THIS SAME THING....
IT SOUNDS STRANGE BUT THIS IS THE REALITY.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Princeparix(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2013
^^^ok
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by dasparrow: 7:13pm On May 18, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

You are really making a lot of sense. Good post.
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:03pm On May 19, 2013
i need to talk to her else....
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nobody: 5:02am On May 20, 2013
190: Choose one of these young ladies carefully and make your move

Remember we are in africa and can marry as much as 4wives

Christians or muslims included

Good luck wink

#pushes him into isi-adighi-mma river#
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Princeparix(m): 6:42am On May 20, 2013
lynpetra:

#pushes him into isi-adighi-mma river#
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by miss20(f): 3:22pm On May 20, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Ill explain

There was a time when women were expected only to take care of their family. Those days, having a career or simply being ambitious was almost unheard of for a women. However, the time has changed. Women are now in the work place, political offices, CEO, and successful business owners. But, most men still think that a women's role is to take care of her family, or if she has a job, the men has to control the money because he is man.

For example, there is this couple that know that got divorce because of the male superiority propaganda thats reinforced by religion. The lady was an accountant for a big hospital here, she was an expert with handling money, she knew how to spend, when to spend, and how to save money. But the husband was just a register nurse and was kinda clueless about handling money. The husband insisted that he should be in-charge of the money because he is the man of the house even though he has no clue how to handle money....The lady tried to explain to him that she understand that hes the man of the house but she should handle the finances because that's her job...shes an expert at it....well needless to say...the marriage didn't work.....IF YOUR WIFE IS AN ACCOUNTANT COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL YOU TO LET HER HANDLE THE HOUSE FINANCES

MEN ARE NOT EVOLVING FAST ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLDS HAS CHANGED....WOMEN ARE NOT SLAVES, A MEN MUST HELP COOK, CLEAN, TAKE CARE OF THE BABY, AND MAKE MONEY...BECAUSE WOMEN ARE DOING THIS SAME THING....
IT SOUNDS STRANGE BUT THIS IS THE REALITY.
1000000+likes.tnk God men like u still exist.bt it dosnt mean women should fosake their primary assignment sha
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Sanboy25: 6:35pm On May 20, 2013

Maybe you're way too Hot, and you sees everything around you as desirable/dooable...
Is you wife satisfying you as she should ?
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by bethnals: 9:46pm On May 20, 2013
Hmm. Are you and her muslim? Your wife sits on your lap in front of her mates? That to me shows lack of respect of you by her.

If she respects you she won't be bringing around people anytime.
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 20, 2013
^^^^this is a perfect example of ignorance reinforced by religion...
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by mendax: 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
bethnals: Hmm. Are you and her muslim? Your wife sits on your lap in front of her mates? That to me shows lack of respect of you by her.

If she respects you she won't be bringing around people anytime.

I am kind of confused here, what has muslim got to do with his wife sitting on his lap?
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by zeb04(f): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
190 u r such a douchebag
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: I am young man of 32 yrs old just got married to a beautiful girl..her mum is Igbo but dad is Hausa...so there are times her female friends do come to the house..my wife is 24yrs graduate of a polytechnic...she is so so nice..BUT I CANT BEAR HER GIRL FRIENDS COMING TO OUR HOUSE ANYMORE....COS HONESTLY AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY WIFE...THESE GIRL ARE TEMPTING....My wife is very slim and i "like" it...the last time her cousins came to our house..they are girls Jos...the girls were just too pretty...my young wife was always sitting on my laps and enjoying my presence...i respect myself...dats how i was raised up decent and contentment...but i wont lie to you the ladies around my wife are too much jare.......and d worst thing is she doesnt even notice anything.... i just wanna share my ordeal....

tell her immediately to save your marriage
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by 190: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2013
Princess zoe: 190 how can you profer such an immoral and unholy advise? How can you advise a man to commit adultery? This is exactly what the society is suffering today, moral decadence. Any married man that keeps you as a friend will be doomed forever. May God deliver good men from guys like you.

huh what did i do!!

i only gave my side of the advice why advising men not to be friends wif me wetin i do angry
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by jhydebaba(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2013
OP, abeg go remove that insect from ur eyes. U don get wife, u still dey looku looku up and down. Wetin dey between those tiny girls leg wey no dey under ur wife
Abeg, face ur wife joor.
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by chikk(f): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2013
@Mr knowitall, indeed, u know it all.

@prinparix, I join my hands for a stronger force so he can go deep down into the river.

@Op, This your post should serve as a good lesson to everyone, men and women alike. Maturity is not only of age. There is also maturity of the mind. Its not like its too early for a woman to marry at 24. A woman of 24 is of marriageable age, but is she ready in all ramifications? Your wife might be old enough to marry but deep inside her, she still misses her 'girls' gatherings and gists. Remember, most of her friends are likely to be of same or lesser age and may not be able to give her the right advices as a married woman. she's probably still clinging to her teenage life

Understanding the unspoken words(I.e, expressions) in your partner is very important in relationships, so also is putting the feelings of your partner ahead of your own. Your wife probably doesn't know all these.

I suggest you sit her down and talk to her. You can't keep hiding in your room or running away from your house for ever na! till when? I also suggest you don't let her know you're attracted to her friends as a reason for wanting them to stay away. That might reduce her trust in you. Try to make her understand that as a married woman, she should learn to act as one, cut down on some childish things and learn to consider your feelings.

Above all, you need to be patient. She may not understand now, but with time, she will. Be patient with her and pls, zip up. U said your wife is fine and 'shapely' as u like, then what more can u possibly ask for?
Re: Why Is Marraige Getting Harder by Monicasque(f): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
she must just stop loving friends so much. there is a way a married woman must associate with ppl and once u get married u cut down on certain types and the way u just hang out

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Factors Must One Consider Before Getting Married? / To The Ladies 16 Truths You Should Know / What Does It Mean Whn Ua Ex Call And Ask For Frdship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.