Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? (1382 Views)

Opensource Social Networking Script(Facebook Clone) - Available on Github / Facebook Clone 2010 Supreme Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? by nairawall: 1:52am On May 18, 2013
A client just requested that I build a facebook clone for him using Php+MySql and JQuery.

I was a bit hesitant to give a price for the job. What would be an ideal price to develop a project like facebook?
Re: Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? by Nobody: 7:37am On May 18, 2013
$1000
Re: Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2013
Actually, you can charge whatever you like.
But here are points to know:
1. Make sure you know all the features the client want.
2. You need to know that facebook is more than php, mysql and jquery.
3. It will take more than one developer to create a facebook-like site.
4. Facebook is more robust than you think, it's not a piece of cake.
5. It will take months to create it.
Re: Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? by nairawall: 11:44am On May 18, 2013
segzy54: $1000
thanks for your suggestion.

GraphicsPlus: Actually, you can charge whatever you like.
But here are points to know:
1. Make sure you know all the features the client want.
2. You need to know that facebook is more than php, mysql and jquery.
3. It will take more than one developer to create a facebook-like site.
4. Facebook is more robust than you think, it's not a piece of cake.
5. It will take months to create it.

Actually the presentation is going to look like facebook but the implimentation will definitely be somewhat different. The core functionality is what I am developing for him. These are the features requested:

i.) Wall (News feed)
ii.) Friends connect
iii.) Photo Sharing and Gallery
iv.) User registration and authentication
v.) Notification and alerts
vi.) Inbox Messaging
Re: Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? by mitey(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2013
nairawall:
Actually the presentation is going to look like facebook but the implimentation will definitely be somewhat different. The core functionality is what I am developing for him. These are the features requested:

i.) Wall (News feed)
ii.) Friends connect
iii.) Photo Sharing and Gallery
iv.) User registration and authentication
v.) Notification and alerts
vi.) Inbox Messaging

Then simply choose your favourite php framework, check for the cost of extensions or plugins that can give you the desired functionality. For extensions that are not available compute the cost of development of such extensions, then add your own charges and bill him. Shikenah, problem solved! cool
Re: Building A Facebook Clone - How Much? by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 18, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Vamido Vs Tolet Vs Privateproperty: Best UI/UX Goes To? / What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php / How Much Does NIIT Scholarship Award Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.