Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience (19459 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima's Backless Dress At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating / Ibinabo Fiberesima & Fred Amata's Daughter Joins Nollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by obiajurum25: 9:13am On May 18, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-3W7Y7Kk0CGY/UZctrmytoeI/AAAAAAAAIVs/-p9LYmIkvYI/s640/13688620179821.jpg[/img]
Ex beauty queen and now President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Ibinabo Fiberesima, who was imprisoned for manslaughter in 2009 recounts her painful ordeal.

Ibinabo admitted that she went through hell in the past. While her ordeal lasted, she said, she put her trust in God who saw her through. “Because I believe in God, I have been able to stand strong to become who I am today,”she said.

Ibinabo however, disclosed that she is setting up a foundation to cater for the welfare of families of accident victims. According to her, “I do have a foundation which I’m setting up. In 2006, I had an accident and a medical doctor, Mr. Suraj Giwa died in the process. A lot of things went wrong, I was sent to jail because of the accident.
It is quite painful, it’s taking me this long because I needed to find myself again. The foundation is going to be for the families of accident victims. I’m going to get people to talk to them and to heal their wounds. What I went through, I was healed by the grace of God.”
She made these statements at a celebrity hangout in Lagos while she was honoured as the first female AGN President.
Source: http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/05/agn-president-ibinabo-fiberesima.html?m=0
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 18, 2013
It's only in Nigeria you go to prison and come out a superstar/ president of something

16 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by denip: 3:16pm On May 18, 2013
1st to comment. Thank God 4 u
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by obicentlis: 3:18pm On May 18, 2013
A great ideal.... So u don serve finish?

Welcome back to the federal republic.

Prison world na another world.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by symbianDON(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2013
quite thoughtful of her....after the ordeal she went through, it's nice to know she has come out a stronger and more thoughtful woman....all the best dear.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by martin1772(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2013
Is she not guilty?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by dayokanu(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2013
When would she get a Presidential Pardon like others

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Napolitano(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2013
She went to prison and came out a better person. This happens 5% of the time.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Djtm(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2013
Where is the experience now?

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by bebe2(f): 3:22pm On May 18, 2013
Just drive carefully and stop killing fellow citizens, dats all we ask.

U can keep the foundation to ur self lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Istie: 3:26pm On May 18, 2013
naija self, everyone wan run an NGO abi foundation. make i hear word abeg.....

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 18, 2013
bloody konvict grin grin
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by megareal: 3:27pm On May 18, 2013
Nice to know she came out stronger. NO bitterness, no regrets.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by toluleke(m): 3:37pm On May 18, 2013
wow prison no easy n nigeria...wen u get dere you would knw dat d poorest man in d world is d happiest man in d world...

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by angelTI(f): 3:38pm On May 18, 2013
evrybody in d entertainment industry in naija has a NGO. nawa o
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by dgitrader(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2013

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by dgitrader(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2013
9jadelta: bloody konvict grin grin

They only need encouragment, not discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by vedd: 3:39pm On May 18, 2013
Sebi you have learnt some painful lessons. But dont forget to wait for Jona's pardon.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by sholay2011(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2013
bebe2: Just drive carefully and stop killing fellow citizens, dats all we ask.

You are really swift with insensible comments. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by igomen: 3:43pm On May 18, 2013
I've known her before the accident. She is right, the prison experience has really changed her. She is a better person now. This should also serve as a lesson to everyone; pls drive carefully and be safe, it is better to be late than be LATE

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by IleIfe2(m): 3:49pm On May 18, 2013
convict music ♫♪

4 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by fckyourman: 3:49pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
It's only in Nigeria you go to prison and come out a superstar/ president of something
I don't know if you are an imbe-cile or you are just saying dis just to be the first to comment. Do you want me to start mentioning hundreds of thousands of celebrities who have gone to jail and came back to their career?

6 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 18, 2013
, it is better to be late than be LATE[/quote]

it is better to be late than the late.

we thank God for her life Oo
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Lakayana: 3:58pm On May 18, 2013
Who knows she might have seen the light. The NGO might be be her calling to greater heights like church things.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by fashizie(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2013
dont be too quick to insult pls.
this woman murderd an innocent DOC going for nite duty..according to reports,she was dead drunk n driving on top speed..if u were the one involved,am sure the least u will get is 25yrs without parole..IF U FOLLOW IT UP U WULD KNOW the case was really partial..FACT.she comited murder under the influence..if she was not drunk,i would say its manslaughter.this is exactly what is wrong with this country..shameful judiciary..a nation where only influence thrives.wesley sniped spent almost 10yrs for tax evasion..think about that bro
sholay2011:
You are really swift with insensible comments. Kudos to you.

7 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by denitro(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Are you sure?
Cause the last time I checked:
South Africa President (ex)- Nelson Mandela
South Korea President (ex)- Kim Dae-jung
USA - Akon
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Omexonomy: 4:15pm On May 18, 2013
She was so drunk and she refuse the plea of her siblings not to drive the new jeep her boyfriend bought for her. That was how she drove at break neck speed, killing, maiming and climbing people at the busstop. That doctor kiled was the breadadwiner of six children.
bebe2: Just drive carefully and stop killing fellow citizens, dats all we ask.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by supaeagles(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2013
denip: 1st to comment. Thank God 4 u
no you are not, you missed it, so why not modify your post and say something different smiley

@OP nice post. Hopefully she can turn some positives out of this like talking about the dangers of drunken driving.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Chinex911: 4:18pm On May 18, 2013
Must u people use harsh words if u dont like d story dont comment embarassed
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 18, 2013
denitro:

Are you sure?
Cause the last time I checked:
South Africa President (ex)- Nelson Mandela
South Korea President (ex)- Kim Dae-jung
USA - Akon

How many of these people were imprisoned for manslaughter?

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Recounts Her Prison Experience by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 18, 2013
What a misleading headline. She hardly recounted any prison experience. I clicked on the headline hoping to read about her prison lesbian partner, how she traded sex for phone calls etc.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda Lovely In Blue Jumpsuit / Emeka Ike Meets Emeka Ihedioha (Photos) / Photos From Ibinabo Fiberesima's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.