Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath (30165 Views)

Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano / Is Ritual bath(janaba) Compulsory On Him Or Not? / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by LagosShia: 12:46pm On May 18, 2013
5.13.2013, 17:41 PM

Franck Ribery, Muslim midfielder for Bayern Munich, furious after getting doused with beer following Bundesliga win

Good times and good beer flowed during Bayern Munich's Bundesliga title celebration over the weekend — much to the dismay of Franck Ribery.

Ribery, a convert to Islam who shuns alcohol, was left a soaking, sulking mess after teammates chased him down the Allianz Arena field following Bayern's 3-0 win over Augsburg and doused him with beer, despite his pre-game warning to keep the booze far away from him.

Bayern Munich's Jerome Boateng pours beer over team mate Franck Ribery as the team celebrates victory after their German first division Bundesliga soccer match against Augsburg in Munich, May 11, 2013. 
Chief on his list of new enemies was Jerome Boateng, whom Ribery reportedly vowed never to speak to again after the defender unloaded a massive pitcher of beer over his head.

"He knows that I'm Muslim. I'm pissed off," Ribery seethed out loud, according to the UK's Sun newspaper.

The religious Ribery should be well-versed in the Koran, which urges followers to "hold to forgiveness." Hopefully he’ll do just that and turn the page with Boateng before May 25, when Bayern faces fellow German side Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhtCiILmPrA

Excerpts courtesy:

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1342859
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by ChristKid1: 3:03pm On May 18, 2013
Ok Boateng should increase his security personnel. A muslim has been oppressed with beer bath. This calls for jihad. Any fatwa bounty on his head? I'm kinda Broke... Just kidding. grin

18 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by maclatunji: 5:06pm On May 18, 2013
He has a valid reason to be angry. They should have kept their beer to themselves. He should file a formal complaint and the erring parties should apologise and not repeat such.

14 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by dominique(f): 6:42pm On May 18, 2013
he has every reason to be angry, its lack of respect for a teammate's religion. Boateng did whad he did to stir up reactions from Ribrery, thats so darn low.

2 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On May 18, 2013
dominique: he has every reason to be angry, its lack of respect for a teammate's religion. Boateng did whad he did to stir up reactions from Ribrery, thats so darn low.
You know this how? Could it be that in the spur of the moment, Boateng forgot that Ribery was a Muslim.

14 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by IYANGBALI: 7:47pm On May 18, 2013
After using style to swallow the thing,abeg make I hear word

36 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 18, 2013
undecided pour me that alomo jawe!! angry
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by delors(m): 7:47pm On May 18, 2013
He wasnt angry oooooooooo! It was just a 'mock story' cooked up for attention. Check Givemefootball.com to confirm and see the video and enjoy the fun. How can he claim to be a good musulumi when he has been yanshing teenage girls at strip clubs? grin grin grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by gluv01(f): 7:49pm On May 18, 2013
It was only an act of the moment...Joyous celebration
Forgive them for they know not what they are doing grin

Infact they knew, just forgive

3 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by speeder(m): 7:50pm On May 18, 2013
In midst of celebration, you forget religion, country and just have fun. Ribery, u were wronged. But what the heck?
Abeg join celebrate.

1 Like

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by oloriooko(m): 7:50pm On May 18, 2013
this is the reason for continous violence by some people that label themselves muslims with the slightest clue that when you say you worship the Most High God who tolerated you inspite of your countless mistakes, i think not talking to your team mate for this act is an obvious sign that Ribery does not know who he worships.

shame on you frank, shame
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by yuzedo: 7:51pm On May 18, 2013
IYA NGBALI: After using style to swallow the thing,abeg make I hear word
grin
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Bofemsky(f): 7:52pm On May 18, 2013
maclatunji: He has a valid reason to be angry. They should have kept their beer to themselves. He should file a formal complaint and the erring parties should apologise and not repeat such.
File a formal complaint? Na wah o! SMH

7 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by speeder(m): 7:52pm On May 18, 2013
But this muslim, nobody drink reach dem. Dem go just hide for corner with hipocricy. E get one man for our area, he doesn't give a damn what you think.

8 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by IbrahimB: 7:55pm On May 18, 2013
@Afam4eva I hardly think so. They just didn't respect his beliefs/principles enough, that's all. It was plain mischief. Why continue drenching him even while he lay on the ground?

5 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by chelseabmw(m): 7:57pm On May 18, 2013
SMH
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by ajanaku2(m): 7:59pm On May 18, 2013
There are certain times some religious tenets just need to be eschewed and relegated! Times like winning the Bundesliga title!

I really don't blame Boateng...He was overwhelmed by the rapturous moments...

And what's with Ribery with his "holier-than-thou" attitude?...No be the same Ribery dem charge for sleeping with an underage girl sometimes last year!

8 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by DMainMan: 8:01pm On May 18, 2013
Alhaji Ribery. Forgive him because d unbelievers are trouble makers. They love making jest of Muslims and inciting hatred. They love violence and inflicting pain. After, if he reacts, they will say he is a terrorist.

U guys will surely win champions league. I hope dat guy doesn't dare pour u beer again because dat is their job.

The Unbelievers propaganda- Incite anger towards Muslims. Brutalise them. Lie and promote falsehood . Abuse and make jest of their values. When they react, we will call them terrorist.

36 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by mascot87(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2013
Lol,see has Ribery dey run like Usain Bolt grin grin grin grin
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by emmabest2000(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2013
哈哈哈 just laughing in Chinese

10 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by dridowu: 8:02pm On May 18, 2013
Respect my belief , my opinion, my religion ,my personality etc

8 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Demdem(m): 8:03pm On May 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
You know this how? Could it be that in the spur of the moment, Boateng forgot that Ribery was a Muslim.

The report made mention of pre match warning to this effect. Boateng has no excuse.

3 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by maclatunji: 8:03pm On May 18, 2013
ajanaku2: There are certain times some religious tenets just need to be eschewed and relegated! Times like winning the Bundesliga title!

And what's with Ribery with his "holier-than-thou" attitude?...No be the same Ribery dem charge for sleeping with an underage girl sometimes last year!

You miss the point. He does not want it, you do not do it. That is what respect and decency is all about.

4 Likes

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Afam4eva(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2013
Demdem:

The report made mention of pre match warning to this effect. Boateng has no excuse.
I didn't see that part.
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Pita99(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2013
Walahi Muslims don sofer angry some people coment na 2 just insult them grin
but RIBERY NA MUMU!! Why him go talk say him no go talk 2 Baoteng again
Later him go talk say him be Muslim undecided
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 18, 2013
Did he drink it?
What exactly is he furious about? His body coming in contact with alcohol or the smell of it?
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 18, 2013
I like people as stubborn as boateng. grin
Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Evestar200(f): 8:15pm On May 18, 2013
Jerome baoteng? Is he nt d half brother of ghanaiah prince baoteng?

1 Like

Re: Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2013
ajanaku2: There are certain times some religious tenets just need to be eschewed and relegated! Times like winning the Bundesliga title!

Alcohol is forbidden.

Paedophilia? errrrrmmmm...

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In The Mosque This Morning, After Morning Prayers, Something Happened. / What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? / Dr. Muti’ah Olaide Refused Entry At Nigerian Embassy In Jeddah Because Of Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.