Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. (12601 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Former Rivers Speaker And 3 Other Legislators / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:34am On May 19, 2013
Speaker assassination threats backfires.

Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mbu Joseph Mbu, has ordered the arrest of the Speaker of State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Otelemaba Dan-Amachree for allegedly threatening to assassinate him and Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.
Mbu, who gave the order yesterday while addressing journalists in Port Harcourt, said Amachree’s statement has security implications.

He said, “The Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly will be invited and interrogated by the CID in other for him to prove his innocence or otherwise in the allegation levelled against him. His statement has security implication.”

The police chief denied withdrawing the security aides of the Speaker, pointing out that out of the 24 security personnel (15 anti-terrorism policemen and nine mobile policemen), only nine mobile policemen were withdrawn.

http://leadership.ng/news/180513/cp-orders-arrest-rivers-speaker
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by RichDad1(m): 4:01am On May 19, 2013
Like play, like play. Goodluck to you Patience

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Nobody: 5:00am On May 19, 2013
I hope my limited knowledge of the english language did not stop me from comprehending the part where the CP said 24 security personnel are attached to the speaker?
Nigerian politicians are incurable megalomaniacs whose pre-occupations are to revel in aggrandizement and strut around exhuding pussilanimous pomposity. Is this service to fatherland or self?
What a people! What a democracy! Black boots and green berets are not far from us, if we keep practising this our brand of democracy.

9 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Tritone02: 5:51am On May 19, 2013
Hmmmm, sit sown look na dog name
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by KnowAll(m): 5:58am On May 19, 2013
Interesting shocked a poor police commisioner inviting a very rich & wealthy speaker for question.

Those men in black can never be trusted? just imagine d conversation of d cp & speaker?

CP: Mr speaker wetin u and oga Governor come do to Mr President, our boys want to work for u but oga at d top say we should withdraw some of our boys.

Mr Speaker: You know all these things na politics, I am sure we can come to some reasonable arrangement.

CP: If pressure from Abuja continues, this is what we shall do. Our boys would be in mufti either way oga u go win this battle. Abuja would not know we are still given u security cover.

Mr Speaker: Mr mbu I know u will come out with a fantastic idea, i will talk to d Governor about it, least I forget we will be celebrating d 20th remebrance annivesary of my wife's grate uncle, so see u next weekend.

CP: yes sir, u know i cannot come in person but send something through Musa.

Mr Speaker: I understand. Don't worry i will give Musa something for u.

CP: Thank u sir, oga boys here would always be loyal.

Mr Speaker: I know that, I can always trust u boys.

14 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by rooftech: 5:59am On May 19, 2013
it has happened before the house of assembly will pass a no confidence vote on him, and when nigerians and press rubbish this policeman abuja will abandon him to his fate
see as the man follow dey play with Politicians.
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Pacesetter2: 6:13am On May 19, 2013
Seh this man just received this job ni? Abi he dey ignorant our political system? It takes God's grace & backing of super powers to do such
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Symphony007: 6:33am On May 19, 2013
In the next few days speaker aminu tambuwal will invite the inspector general of police to the house and a coalition of opposition party members and some select PDP members will order him to remove that police commissioner or her will be held in contempt by the hous. Senator. George sekibo(rivers) will soon start the same prosedure in the senate.

By next month, ameachi will formerly leave PDP, and with tonye princewill and g.u ake crush what is left of the shattered rivers PDP. Watch how all this will playout and backfire on the idiots ochestrating this.

2 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:46am On May 19, 2013
Symphony007: In the next few days speaker aminu tambuwal will invite the inspector general of police to the house and a coalition of opposition party members and some select PDP members will order him to remove that police commissioner or her will be held in contempt by the hous. Senator. George sekibo(rivers) will soon start the same prosedure in the senate.

By next month, ameachi will formerly leave PDP, and with tonye princewill and g.u ake crush what is left of the shattered rivers PDP. Watch how all this will playout and backfire on the idiots ochestrating this.

Bravo! U just took d words out of my mouth.

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by dinachi(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2013
Symphony007: In the next few days speaker aminu tambuwal will invite the inspector general of police to the house and a coalition of opposition party members and some select PDP members will order him to remove that police commissioner or her will be held in contempt by the hous. Senator. George sekibo(rivers) will soon start the same prosedure in the senate.

Dont mind the funny peeps here, who think Amaechi cannot effectively neutralize Jonathan!
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by gramci: 10:03am On May 19, 2013
dinachi: Dont mind the funny peeps here, who think Amaechi cannot effectively neutralize Jonathan!

Only a dreamer will believe that President Jonathan will lose Rivers State in 2015

5 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Dracula27: 10:08am On May 19, 2013
He will be invited and not arrested.The heading is not accurate.

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by thelastPope(m): 10:11am On May 19, 2013

Once Amaechi leaves PDP in Rivers, his political career will simply die a natural death. You are drunk to think that Rivers people will support Amaechi over Jonathan. We are not interested in a second fiddle VP position and we have a way of dealing with traitors. You know absolutely noting about ND. Stick to your local government area my friend

11 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by effisyman: 10:20am On May 19, 2013
See gobee!
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by whoawa(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2013
thelastPope:

Once Amaechi leaves PDP in Rivers, his political career will simply die a natural death. You are drunk to think that Rivers people will support Amaechi over Jonathan. We are not interested in a second fiddle VP position and we have a way of dealing with traitors. You know absolutely noting about ND. Stick to your local government area my friend
Amaechi is nothing but a selfish politician, who thinks something cqn come out from nothing. A gud Governor can not put his state in a war against the presidency just for a selfish desire of being a VP. If he is man enough let him come out and vie for presidency then we will support him

2 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Akainzo(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2013
The CP invites the Speaker for alleging threat of assassination because the statement has security implications.

The IG says Asari has no case to answer for threatening bloodshed and disintegration of Nigeria.

Are the two reading from the same law and constitution?

21 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Akainzo(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2013
whoawa: Amaechi is nothing but a selfish politician, who thinks something cqn come out from nothing. A gud Governor can not put his state in a war against the presidency just for a selfish desire of being a VP. If he is man enough let him come out and vie for presidency then we will support him

It is docile and spineless goats that berate an elephant standing up to a lion while wondering where it's horns are.
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Nobody: 10:40am On May 19, 2013
Who's the CP that he thinks he can't be challenged ? This is an abuse of office by ordering the arrest of the speaker least he would have done was to sue the speaker for defamation in the court of law but since the brain of an average policeman lies in the barrel of a gun,they trip over issues where they ought to take right decisions.

A quick look at the seditious claim by the the presidency against Gbenga Aruleba during the tokunbo plane saga,the guy floored the presidency in the court because the presidency didn't show transparency in the purchase of the aircraft.How will peace be achieved in Rivers state if the CP and the state government are at loggerhead with each other ?

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Hadeyeancah(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2013
24 security personnel
(15 anti-terrorism policemen and
nine mobile policemen),
ONLY FOR ONE PERSON.....

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Akainzo(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2013
thelastPope:

In essence, you are saying ND people are driven by sentiments rather than a capacity to evaluate needs, desires and make a choice on who can deliver to them. That they'd rather be loyal to a nincompoop than select better candidates!

2 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Nobody: 10:51am On May 19, 2013
There are about 300,000 policemen in Nigeria providing security for about 160million people, and just one person has 24 policemen guarding him! Imagine, how many policemen will now be guarding the Deputy Governor, Governor, Speaker of the House of Reps, Senate President, Vice President and the President? When all the political office holders have contracted all the policemen as their security men, how man policemen would be left to provide security for the rest of Nigerians angry

8 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by lonelydora: 10:51am On May 19, 2013
Mr. Mbu, if I were you, I will just do my work effectively without joining in this politics. You are not from Rivers State. Very soon, Abuja will abandon you to your fate. Btw, Rivers State is getting interesting every day by day.
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Nobody: 10:55am On May 19, 2013
utumunta: I hope my limited knowledge of the english language did not stop me from comprehending the part where the CP said 24 security personnel are attached to the speaker?
Nigerian politicians are incurable megalomaniacs whose pre-occupations are to revel in aggrandizement and strut around exhuding pussilanimous pomposity. Is this service to fatherland or self?
What a people! What a democracy! Black boots and green berets are not far from us, if we keep practising this our brand of democracy.
Jimmy English

2 Likes

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by imsuboi(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2013
Hmmm
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by ASPchris(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2013
utumunta: I hope my limited knowledge of the english language did not stop me from comprehending the part where the CP said 24 security personnel are attached to the speaker?
which grammer this guy dey speak?
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Nobody: 11:11am On May 19, 2013
These same treatment should be applicable to both buhari and dokubo

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by funshint(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2013
Guess I'm right Mbu was former CP of Oyo state during the callous PDP era in d state. Mbu is a PDP henchman. No wonder the Police force is getting worse daily; no thanks to evil people like Mbu cry!!!
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by Nedu31(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2013
Do some1 note this statement? 'out
of the 24 security personnel (15
anti-terrorism policemen and nine
mobile policemen), only nine mobile policemen were withdrawn'. I expect some self-aclaim student of good politics to say something about that,unfortunitely non utter a word. They ar busy talking about Ameachi will crush and kill jona blablabla......

1 Like

Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by kaeto(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2013
Mhn.
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by kokosheen(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2013
Akainzo: The CP invites the Speaker for alleging threat of assassination because the statement has security implications.

The IG says Asari has no case to answer for threatening bloodshed and disintegration of Nigeria.

Are the two reading from the same law and constitution?

I'm shocked myself. Imagine the volte face in 24 hours by the police authorities.

And the CP can't say he didn't hear IG's statement yesterday because its all tied to the same thing: 2015 elections.
Re: CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. by lain: 11:30am On May 19, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

The police chief denied withdrawing the security aides of the Speaker, pointing out that out of the 24 security personnel (15 anti-terrorism policemen and nine mobile policemen), only nine mobile policemen were withdrawn.

jesus christ... 24 security personnel for only one speaker. Nigeria is finished. Out of 24 ONLY 9 was withdrawn, that means he still has 15. Is rivers state afghanistan. That means goodluck would have more than 100 security personnel. Smh. Nigeria is finished

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N45.9bn Fraud: EFCC To Try Tompolo Separately / President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues / Lai Mohammed: Nigerians Have Better Values Than US, Europeans; Crimes More There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.