Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram (12514 Views)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / 5 Controversies Joseph Mbu, ‘lion Of The Police Force’, Will Be Remembered For / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by ichommy(m): 1:35am On May 19, 2013
The National Publicity Secretary of the apex socio-political group of the North, Arewa Consultative Forum, Anthony Sani, tells LEKE BAIYEWU, why the region rejects the state of emergency declared by the President

Why does the ACF think the state of emergency in the northern states might not work?

The state of emergency might not work because of our past experiences when state of emergency was applied in Plateau State, and later in some local government areas in the North-East that never worked.

Moreover, what happened in Baga was actually the use of force, which did not go down well with many Nigerians and the international community because they thought excessive use of force tends to inspire more extremism than solve the problems of insurgency. ACF thinks that since state of emergency amounts to mere increase in the use of force, it may not work concurrently with dialogue. The forum prefers that the committee in place be given a chance by both governments and Nigerians.

But many believe military intervention is the best solution to the recurrent terrorists’ attacks in those areas?

Those who believe military option can work are too quick to forget the fact that military was used in 2009 and 700 members including the leader of the sect were killed. Yet, the sect has remained unbowed.

They also forget the experiences of Baga and the controversy that has come with it. But since the government, which has more facts than those of us in the ring side, believes the fight against terrorism is multidimensional and has gone ahead to declare state of emergency amid dialogue, I think Nigerians have no choice but to support government’s efforts to succeed in both the state of emergency and the dialogue that now exist side by side. This is more so, if it is true that the sect has overrun some local government areas in those states, thereby making the situation a conventional conflict with the state. This may be easier to confront formally by the authority.

Do you see abuse of human rights by military personnel during their operations in the states?

There are rules of engagements for all military interventions across the globe. Nigeria cannot be an exception to the rules of the game, considering the recent outcry against the manner force was applied in Baga. I believe the military is too intelligent not to know the negative effects of operating outside the rules of the game.

Do you think military involvement in national assignments such as elections and security is a threat to Nigerian democracy?

Military involvement in national assignments does not promote democratic culture and attitudes. But what do you want them to do in situations where democratic institutions are overwhelmed? If Nigerians do not want military in national assignment, then they should strengthen the democratic institutions for performance, as well as make judicious use of their democratic rights as a way of promoting purposeful leadership.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/force-will-not-stop-boko-haram-acf/

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/05/force-will-not-stop-boko-haram-acf.html

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by okosodo: 6:09am On May 19, 2013
The heat is now on acf because the army will discover their secrets with boko haram

7 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Otutu1(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2013
I pray the ACF is talking trash on this one
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:19am On May 19, 2013
what will?

Boko Haram says they want an Islamic State, does ACF want that? if yes let the referendum begin, if no then Government must use all force to eliminate Boko Haram

4 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:24am On May 19, 2013
Everything is politics to these guys.
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Naijalastborn(m): 10:24am On May 19, 2013
Well Force cannot stop Boko Haram, then what's gonna Stop them now.
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by kaybills(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2013
Screw ACF

2 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by effisyman: 10:25am On May 19, 2013
Naija politics is different from the rest of the world!

Even when someone is loosing, he will be singing victory song.

2 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:25am On May 19, 2013
Neither will amnesty? undecided

3 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Decapo: 10:25am On May 19, 2013
what wll stop them then SMILING FACE?
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by sureway1(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2013
The kingdom of God suffereth violence and..for the battle of our warfare are not canal but mighty thr christ.praying with my brethren now. with d power of ordination l declear that dat jtf shall conquer by force.if you agree with me shout a big Amen.

9 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by favinvest: 10:32am On May 19, 2013
The sponsors re all showing themselves one after the other:-
First it was ACN; then Northern Elders Forum (NEF)

Now its ACF...

We are waiting for more and more of them ...
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:34am On May 19, 2013
ACF

i smell butt-hurt

2 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by alphaconde(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2013
Ok ACF let's do this, wait for GEJ to finish using force, when he finished u can proceed with your options. Until recently no one had a clear cut solution to fight these criminals but now we know some of the boko boys are dying, hence we are relieved.
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by betrani(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2013
I c! These northern leaders are determined to have boko haram cause mayhem for as long as they desire! Ok nw! Who looses out in d long run? I gues iliteracy has a stake in their plan against GEJ's "supposed success"
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by searay(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2013
SSS should be doing their work. See suspect(ACF) here

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by naptu2: 10:38am On May 19, 2013
But since the government, which has more facts than those of us in the ring side, believes the fight against terrorism is multidimensional and has gone ahead to declare state of emergency amid dialogue, I think Nigerians have no choice but to support government’s efforts to succeed in both the state of emergency and the dialogue that now exist side by side. This is more so, if it is true that the sect has overrun some local government areas in those states, thereby making the situation a conventional conflict with the state. This may be easier to confront formally by the authority.

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:38am On May 19, 2013
but why is ACF not calling for a referendum on secession or confedration since they agree with Boko Haram?

The rest of us will gladly grant them their islmanic state if they will pursue this agenda through legitimate means!

4 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:45am On May 19, 2013
Yeah right!!!. Like all the pleadings from the govt to the NGO's to the masses for them to cease fire and turn a new leaf solved s*hit!!!

They went on killing innocent christains and missing the moslem targets. Mtchewww!!

If they can't heed to diplomacy, then sheer force is the next solution

That the govt even thought of negotiating with these bloody terrorists makes me sick

America will never try such

Use force o jare, them must surrender. No be run them dey run since?. Can't you see that their camps are being conquered?. Mtchewww.

JTF, as long as innocent lives are not wasted, fire on. We dey una back

Nansense and ingrident!!!

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by franchizy(m): 10:46am On May 19, 2013
I strongly support the ACF, I think the use of force is not the best solution. The Federal Govt should ve a rethink and use dialogue through the right people wit honesty and sincereity.
Boko Haram wil never give up inspite of the declaration of emergency rule. I urge Nigerians to rise up and condemn the military action as they are killing innocent civilians and boast that they are killing Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by okooloyun1(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2013
If force will not stop them at least it will kill them, ACF should just go to hell.
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2013
If amnesty was not used in 1967 then amnesty shouldn't be used now in 2013.
Force is the word. Only that we ain't gonna adopt any STARVATION POLICY up north to help hasten the mission.
What goes around comes around.
Same NIGERIAN ARMY u deployed against me in 1967 is what i am using against u today. No condition is permanent.

5 Likes

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by OsunOriginal: 10:49am On May 19, 2013
I am for up rooting of boko haram or whatever they call themselves.

But guys, how do we get their sponsors who are probably big wigs in PDP?

If the sponsors are still there, they will always find other idle hands to engage.

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:49am On May 19, 2013
can someone tell me what the problem of these arewa and other northerners are,they should just keep quiet,since they dont have meaningful solution to the problem of boko haram,they should just allow the government to handle them.Boko haram became uncontrolable under their watchful eyes they couldnt do anything bout it.All they clamour for is to become the president while boko rams were destroying their land.What I expect from any sensible northerner is how to eliminate boko haram completely before thinking of any other thing.Stop your hatred for Gej,support him in the fight against boko ram and see how better the country will be.

1 Like

Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2013
franchizy: I strongly support the ACF, I think the use of force is not the best solution. The Federal Govt should ve a rethink and use dialogue through the right people wit honesty and sincereity.
Boko Haram wil never give up inspite of the declaration of emergency rule. I urge Nigerians to rise up and condemn the military action as they are killing innocent civilians and boast that they are killing Boko Haram.
i suspect u. Anyway, if u r really interested in Amnesty for this blood suckers why not volunteer and go talk to ur brothers.
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Afroconnect: 10:51am On May 19, 2013
Arewa and Northern governors forum,and ACF are sponsors of boko haram.United Nations you must not fail to bring their leaders to the international criminal courts for engaging in ethnic cleansing.
Boko haram is killing christians they said they want all christians in the North dead and these beast still support them-woe betide them.
Death to Arewa forum,death to ACF,death to Northern governors-they are enemies of the Nigerian state-working with foreign meceneries and terrorists to take over the government.
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by IYANGBALI: 10:53am On May 19, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Well Force cannot stop Boko Haram, then what's gonna Stop them now.
72 dirty virgins
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:55am On May 19, 2013
franchizy: I strongly support the ACF, I think the use of force is not the best solution. The Federal Govt should ve a rethink and use dialogue through the right people wit honesty and sincereity.

WTF are you blabbing about?

Do you know how many times the govt have tried to reach out to these sicktards but they don't want peace?

How can a country be held at ransome by this f0ols? Huh?

How can the govt grant them their wishes of an islamic north when other parts of naija that want secession have not been granted their's?.

Please why don't you volunteer yourself and go over to their death camp and dialogue with them

Smh!!!
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Archmed(m): 10:56am On May 19, 2013
In the first place,u dont beg terrorists to accept amnesty.U push them so hard that they're d ones that will roll on d floor begging for amnesty.State of Emergency is a better way to achieve this.There shld be no room for lapses or else..''
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by betrani(m): 10:56am On May 19, 2013
which part of d continent are u from? Well ur vision is blurr! Fuckers rejected amnesty, dialogue a presidential handshake, dinner nights in aso villa, free rides, and comedy sessions in muson centre what again do they want? Well d president had it right this time! At least he isn't a pumpkin! Y is atiku, buhari, IBB and all those iliterate notherners not sayin anytin other than "rejection of state of emergency"? Imposition of yar 'adua by a southerner started d mill, victory by a southerner at the 2011 polls added gasoline! I sense these idiots are just agains anytin south! Bomb
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:58am On May 19, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:

i suspect u. Anyway, if u r really interested in Amnesty for this blood suckers why not volunteer and go talk to ur brothers.

You dey mind am

Talk is cheap

Siding these terrorist say a lot about his type of person
Re: ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram by Acelifted: 11:00am On May 19, 2013
If force won't stop them, what will? They tried persuasion and caution...BH said NO. They tried Amnesty, BH said NO. So let's try force. Agreed, force may not have worked in some cases in the past, but at this point, we are really left with no option. A man who keeps on rejecting instruction, persuasion and reason shall suddenly be broken one day. The day of their breaking has come if this is what will do the work then please... ACF, we are really sorry but this has to be done!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal & Sultan Flag-off 2016 Hajj Airlift Operation(photos) / El-rufai Sues Shehu Sani For Defamation For N2 Billion / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.