Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,141 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:38 AM

Power Steering Pump Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Power Steering Pump Issues (2191 Views)

Honda Accord 2004 Power Steering Pump / Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Steering Pump Issues by Harbb: 4:25am On May 19, 2013
My power steering developed some problems (not pumping sometimes and making noise). I decided to change it. I have changed it up to five times (both fairly used and new ones) with no solution. The last one am using now is a new one but still making noise when turning the steering. I was advised to change the pipe that transmits the fluid, I did that but the problem is still there. Gurus in the house, what advise do you have? Thanks.
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by splashbaby(m): 6:34am On May 19, 2013
May be you should change the container containing the oil. This happened to my car too. Usually there is a kind of filter in that container which might be blocked. Check to see if the oil is foaming while the engine is running...if this is the case then the pump is not doing well, you may have to change it. Again the steering rack may also cause it if you have been driving the car with the faulty pump. I am not a mechanic but I'm sure the problem won't be far from all these.
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by kablooee: 9:16am On May 19, 2013
How did you even buy a car when you dont even know the name or model of your vehicle? because if you do, you would at least give a name or model before requesting for help. i assume youre using a 504 1982 model or a MAN DIESEL.
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by lonelydora: 10:31am On May 19, 2013
splashbaby: May be you should change the container containing the oil. This happened to my car too. Usually there is a kind of filter in that container which might be blocked. Check to see if the oil is foaming while the engine is running...if this is the case then the pump is not doing well, you may have to change it. Again the steering rack may also cause it if you have been driving the car with the faulty pump. I am not a mechanic but I'm sure the problem won't be far from all these.
You are correct. I assume it's Honda car(2003 accord and upwards). This is the common problem with them. From Engineering put of view.......how can they put the pump higher than the container it's taking suction from?
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:18pm On May 19, 2013
Harbb: My power steering developed some problems (not pumping sometimes and making noise). I decided to change it. I have changed it up to five times (both fairly used and new ones) with no solution. The last one am using now is a new one but still making noise when turning the steering. I was advised to change the pipe that transmits the fluid, I did that but the problem is still there. Gurus in the house, what advise do you have? Thanks.

1st check if those pipes are leaking, if not try to find a way to check if there are blocked

and also check the steering rack
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by cretin: 12:42pm On May 19, 2013
bleed the system thorougly..and also check ur steering rack
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by Harbb: 1:17am On May 23, 2013
kablooee: How did you even buy a car when you dont even know the name or model of your vehicle? because if you do, you would at least give a name or model before requesting for help. i assume youre using a 504 1982 model or a MAN DIESEL.

Kablooe, you funny o! It's a Honda 2000 commonly called baby boy.
Re: Power Steering Pump Issues by Harbb: 1:21am On May 23, 2013
Thanks guys. I'll check all you suggested.

(1) (Reply)

777777777777777777777777777777 / Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? / The Fear Of V6 And V8 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.