Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (15838 Views)

Poll: Should wives have to submit and obey?

Yes: 79% (39 votes)
No: 20% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Ephesians 5:22: Wives, Submit To Your Husbands As To The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Easyy(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2007
I'm a christian and I just accept what the word of God tells me.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2007
It is easy to submit to a man who submits to the authority of God.
I have absolutely no problems with that.

Let's not confuse being submissive with being abused.
They are totally different issues.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Seun(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2007
It is easy to submit to a man who submits to the authority of God.
A man that says "this is what God wants" is more dangerous than one that admits, "this is what I want"
What if he says God wants you to leave your job and slave at home? How do you know it's really God?
If you believe in submitting to God through your husband, then he'll just use "God" as a tool of domination.

"Submission" is a silly idea that will never allow wives to achieve their full potential, no matter how you look at it.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2007
Seun has said it all. smiley
I dont think there's anymore to add.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2007
Seun:

A man that says "this is what God wants" is more dangerous than one that admits, "this is what I want"
What if he says God wants you to leave your job and slave at home? How do you know it's really God?
If you believe in submitting to God through your husband, then he'll just use "God" as a tool of domination.

"Submission" is a silly idea that will never allow wives to achieve their full potential, no matter how you look at it.

There is a book called the Bible used by Christians to verify what God says and wives are allowed to read it.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Seun has said it all. smiley
I don't think there's anymore to add.

After you're married and garnered some experience in that department,I'll listen to you.
I wouldn't seek marriage counselling from a thrice divorced therapist, neither would I hire a 300 pound dietician in my weight management.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2007
who said you should listen to me? Please quote where I said my word is the law. I agreed with Seun's comment and that's it

So, take your nasty attitude away from me babyosisi because I really don't know what your problem is all of a sudden. This is not your first time in acting up when it comes to me.

to ba ya sin (soon enough) this will be the same person that will attack how I refer to others. Hypocrisy in the highest order.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by software(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2007
dont submit 2 ur husband and see the other side of him. when a woman is submissive, every man would go extra miles for her. and besides that, it is God's commandment. rememeber what revelations says about anybody who change what God has commanded. Big big curses o. ME i don doge my head o. Women pls be summisive
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by software(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2007
dont submit 2 ur husband and see the other side of him. when a woman is submissive, every man would go extra miles for her. and besides that, it is God's commandment. rememeber what revelations says about anybody who changes what God has commanded.

Big big curses o. ME i don doge my head o. Women pls be submissive smiley
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by boyalinco: 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2007
wow,im very impressed with most of the responses of the lovely LADIES iv read here and to think that a good nos of them are actually not in naija,they have really broken down the real meaning of being submissive,forgive my skeptism but i hope theyr not all "born again" sistas,hence their response wink.or is it because certain people havent or didnt contribute yet? i will just say a simple prayer for yall .MAY U FIND THE BONE OF YOUR BONES,THE FLESH OF YOUR FLESH,THAT WILL LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND MAY YOU BOTH BE THE BEST OF FRIENDS.naija ladies rock!! grin.
well,let me not speak too soon contrary opinions have started coming in lipsrsealed
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Eurphoria(f): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2007
I will submit to my husband , provided he is loving, caring, attentive, has no other but me. worships me. Such a man i would submit to tongue
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Seun(m): 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2007
babyosisi: After you're married and garnered some experience in that department, I'll listen to you.
Then why do you pay attention to the opinions of Jesus and Apostle Paul who were never married?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2007
re: software
double entry and still said nothing of importance.

Lol @ Seun cheesy
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2007
I don't believe that the leadership should be decided according to the sex. Before being man and woman we are all individuals with different capacities. Being a man doesn't make you necessarily adapt to lead. We should stop giving ourselves roles. Everyone is born to lead!
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by software(m): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2007
re:ThiefOfHearts

I was only trying to talk about what the book of revelation says about those who change God's commandments. Its so simple,
As for the double entry I need a new mouse. try get me one. i will appreciate it, cool
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2007
Not everyone believes in your book so get over yourself.

and I only buy things for people i like. Sorry cry
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by boyalinco: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2007
michelin89:

. Everyone is born to lead!

but only one person can lead,there cant b two presidents.
my take on this is just that the woman just has to humour him,like they say if theman is the head of the family,the woman is the neck and without the neck,the head cant turn.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Eurphoria(f): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2007
not every one is born to lead i disagree there. There are skills involed.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2007
boyalinco:

but only one person can lead,there can't b two presidents.
my take on this is just that the woman just has to humour him,like they say if theman is the head of the family,the woman is the neck and without the neck,the head can't turn.

true wink
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Eurphoria(f): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2007
well said BOyalinco cheesy
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by boyalinco: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2007
yes oh i know the way my mum handles my dad, with wisdom
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2007
Eurphoria:

not every one is born to lead i disagree there. There are skills involed.

Mine was just to say everyone should be given the possibilty to take charge regardless the sex. Of course not everyone can lead!

boyalinco:

but only one person can lead,there can't b two presidents.

You haven't understood what I am saying. Why should you decide that the president must be a man? Is it because it is written in a book of uncertain source? Sorry. I am an atheist and so I look at the matter from a secular point of view. Some women are able to lead better than some men and vice-verse. But the leading role shouldn't be unilateral. As I have said we must value the individual!
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Eurphoria(f): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2007
ok Micheline
i see wat u mean now.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by frankiriri(m): 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2007
Thank God that there are still a lot of women in thier right senses. I am surprised that there are guys that equate submisiveness to slavery.
A slave has no opinion of his own but a woman does.
I beleive that whoever I will marry will trust me enough to trust my judgement and that after we have discussed an issue and have come to a conclusion then she will carry out that decision in spite of her initial stand. That to me is my definition of submission.
Anything to the contrary would be tantamount to having two captains on a ship and would be a recipe for chaos.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2007
what's the point of having an opinion if despite your wife sharing her "humble' opinion with you, you still believe it's not worth taking seriously cos she's a mere woman and only your decisions stand?

might as well be a house slave.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2007
A slave has no opinion of his own but a woman does.
Your post fails because slaves have opinions of their own. It's just that their opinions can be simply ignored.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2007
frankiriri:

I beleive that whoever I will marry will trust me enough to trust my judgement and that after we have discussed an issue and have come to a conclusion then she will carry out that decision in spite of her initial stand.

What makes you think that you are wiser than she is? Does her sex make her intellectually inferior to you and make her incapable of taking the so called "right" decisions?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by boyalinco: 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2007
@michellin,puttn it that way i gotcha now with regards to the fact that any person of either sex can lead,but concerning marriage,i believe its a symbiosis,give and take and that the things inthe bible are for there to b some semblance of order in life and for there to b peace.im sure u wont want a wimp for a husband.so ur an athiest,mayb u and admin should get together and pen a LIBEL(BIBLE) wink
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2007
I and Seun would be a marvellous couple! lipsrsealed
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by boyalinco: 8:33pm On Jan 23, 2007
hmmmn,i smell a proposal in da house grin
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Seun(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2007
What makes you think that you are wiser than she is?
The perfect question.

software: don't submit 2 your husband and see the other side of him.
Don't marry such a husband in the first place. If he demands obedience, don't enslave yourself to him.

software: anybody who change what God has commanded. Big big curses o.
What a clever way to keep women under control. The fear of "big big curses o".

I and Seun would be a marvellous couple!
I doubt it. Inasmuch as I don't like to control people close to me, I also don't like being controlled. wink
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2007
boyalinco:

but concerning marriage,i believe its a symbiosis,give and take and that the things inthe bible are for there to b some semblance of order in life and for there to b peace.

At the end of the day a man will always be a man. It's of no use arguing with ya.  lipsrsealed

boyalinco:

im sure u wont want a wimp for a husband.

Of course i don't want one. I don't want any dummy beside me because they irritate me. And I don't need a typical sexist mentality man either because the day he opens his mouth to speak rubbish he is finished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Orphanages In Nigeria. / Marital Agreement / Contract / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.