Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver (3128 Views)

South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) / How You Can Transfer Your Data Bundle From Your MTN Sim To Another Easily. / HELP Can't Make Calls On With My MTN Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 6:54am On May 19, 2013
Please, I need your help on my MTN Sim card.
For 4 days now, the Internet icon have refused to show up on my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS. I had made up my mind to subscribed to MTN BBC plan but, before I could do it, I discovered that the Internet icon was not displaying again.
So, I inserted another MTN Sim card on my phone and it came up. But, when I inserted my MTN Sim card on another phone, the Internet icon refused to show up as well.
I called CC 3 times yesterday and they promised it has been refreshed but, it's still the same thing. The last guy that attended to me asked me to take it to their centre if it continues.
Well, I am thinking of doing so tomorrow Monday. Again, I am thinking of outright Sim card swap. What is your advice to solving this problem? Thank you all.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Jeffy1206(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2013
luluosas: Please, I need your help on my MTN Sim card.
For 4 days now, the Internet icon have refused to show up on my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS. I had made up my mind to subscribed to MTN BBC plan but, before I could do it, I discovered that the Internet icon was not displaying again.
So, I inserted another MTN Sim card on my phone and it came up. But, when I inserted my MTN Sim card on another phone, the Internet icon refused to show up as well.
I called CC 3 times yesterday and they promised it has been refreshed but, it's still the same thing. The last guy that attended to me asked me to take it to their centre if it continues.
Well, I am thinking of doing so tomorrow Monday. Again, I am thinking of outright Sim card swap. What is your advice to solving this problem? Thank you all.
maybe its de old sim u are using dats why. check de back if it is de 32k sim den u nid to visit deir center for a welcome back. Same thing happened to me but now am njoyin my 132k sim. I bet u with only edge in ma syd i decided to join de bis thing until glo realise what they are missing and am not regreting it at all cos is far beta to airtel 3.75g.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 7:30am On May 19, 2013
Jeffy1206: maybe its de old sim u are using dats why. check de back if it is de 32k sim den u nid to visit deir center for a welcome back. Same thing happened to me but now am njoyin my 132k sim. I bet u with only edge in ma syd i decided to join de bis thing until glo realise what they are missing and am not regreting it at all cos is far beta to airtel 3.75g.
Yes, it is the old Sim card but, it was working before this problem surfaced. I think I will just do the Sim swap one time. Thanks for your advice.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Jeffy1206(m): 9:40am On May 19, 2013
luluosas:
Yes, it is the old Sim card but, it was working before this problem surfaced. I think I will just do the Sim swap one time. Thanks for your advice.
anytime! dat is just de only way cos even if u browse it will be very slow...
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 12:16pm On May 19, 2013
Jeffy1206: anytime! dat is just de only way cos even if u browse it will be very slow...
So much on point. The speed of Sim card is like snail speed.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Jeffy1206(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2013
luluosas:
So much on point. The speed of Sim card is like snail speed.
/gudluck den. But make we hope for glo o cos der are de best in Benue here o.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2013
I have now done a Sim swap on my old MTN Sim but, the problem has persisted. What should I do now?
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Jeffy1206(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2013
luluosas: I have now done a Sim swap on my old MTN Sim but, the problem has persisted. What should I do now?
give it some time cos mine took 48hrs before it startded working well.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 20, 2013
Jeffy1206: give it some time cos mine took 48hrs before it startded working well.
experienced the same problem their customer service also asked me to do a welcome back... but I didn't although it took like 4 days but my sim now browsing with 3g
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2013
Jeffy1206: give it some time cos mine took 48hrs before it startded working well.
Na wah for MTN sef. I have even sent data on to 131 but yet, no show till now.

Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2013
Finally, my MTN Sim card is now displaying the Internet icon, and I am browsing with the Sim card now.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Jeffy1206(m): 2:04am On May 22, 2013
luluosas: Finally, my MTN Sim card is now displaying the Internet icon, and I am browsing with the Sim card now.
njoy ur time bro...'patience to prevail'
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by luluosas(m): 6:20am On May 22, 2013
Jeffy1206: njoy ur time bro...'patience to prevail'
Thank you but, I was mad with MTN yesterday.
This is why I will continue to prefer Glo above other telecoms providers in Nigeria today.
Yesterday, when my MTN Sim card I did a Sim swap became active with Internet access, I thought of exhausting the free 9MB they gave me on my previous recharge, before I will subscribe to the BBCDAY plan of N100.
So, I started to browse with the free MB, thinking I will be disconnected by MTN just like Glo when the free MB is exhausted. How wrong I was!
Therefore, after browsing for a while, I decided to check my account balance lo and behold, the N530 I was having have been reduced to 80 something naira. Honestly, I was very angry with MTN.
Now on the Glo network, whether you are on a paid or on a free bonus data plan, you will be disconnected free Internet service once your allocated data volume is exhausted, and your remaining airtime on your account untouched. This way, you can then decide to resubscribe or continue to browse on PAYU basis, depending on what you want to do.
Why can't other telecoms providers emulate Glo on this one? Sad!!!
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by calm9090(m): 11:19am On May 22, 2013
luluosas:

Please help me out Bro, what exactly did you do?
I have done a simply swap to a 128k sim, yet I don't have the internet network, this has taken up to 2months now. Please can you help me out?
Probably a step by step process? Because I have done a sim swap, and have died of patience.
Thanks.
Re: Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver by Jeffy1206(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2013
luluosas:
well mtn is not lyk glo dat has different platform to dat effect. Hence dey will charge frm ur account once u ve exhausted ur data plan.next tym be checking ur mb to avoid de repetition of it.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Lady Behind The Customer Voice Care On MTN / How To Activate MTN Unlimited Night Free Browsing For N25 / Sold sold Uk Used LG G6 Forsale 4GB Ram/32gb Rom 3300mah, Snapdragon 821 @38k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.