Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Wrong Turns Right: A Prequel To Over The Edge - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wrong Turns Right: A Prequel To Over The Edge (571 Views)

Over The Edge (a True Life Story Of Regrets) / Professor Wole Soyinka Turns 78 Today-a Poem For Wole Soyinka / Sitting At The Edge - Those The Earth Does Not Favor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Turns Right: A Prequel To Over The Edge by Abisoyee(m): 1:51pm On May 19, 2013
"Thank you for ruining my life. You have been a very good friend but I think you should stay away from me. I have just come to realize that I can never be like you and I don’t think I even want to be anymore.” (Extracted from ‘Over the Edge’)

It was just like the first time, his call came in at the oddest of hours; he called around 5.am in the early hours of the morning to tell me that he was coming back to Lagos and he wants to see me. When I first saw the call, my hand shook with trepidation as I wondered what could be wrong again. The last time he had called me was to tell me to stay away from him and announce that I had been a part of his ‘ruining’ his life.     

I told him he could see me anytime he came around and that I will always be available for him. Our separation as friends had come when he believed that I had pushed him to make some decisions that had led him to the hands of some cult guys and also ended in him contracting a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).

He called me as soon as he arrived in Lagos and said he had to see me first before going home. We met at our usual hang out spot when things had been right between us and for the first few minutes we stared at each other awkwardly with neither of us knowing what to say to the other. He cleared his throat uncomfortably several times and I fidgeted in my sit as I pinned my stare on him and waited for him to talk. I didn’t want to be the first person to say anything since I didn’t know whether to apologize for having pushed him or whether to yell at him for the stupid decisions he had made and the end results and his trying to blame me for them. In the end I finally opened my mouth and asked him how his health was and how he was faring.

That was the opening ground; he suddenly loosened up and reminded me of that person I used to know. He told me that he was much better now and was treating the STD, he told me about how it had been challenging trying to gain his parents trust back and how his life was beginning to get back together. Then the magic happened, he apologized for having been over the top in blaming me for the whole incident that happened. He said he has come to realize that every man his responsible for his own destiny and therefore I may have influenced some of his decisions didn’t mean that I had to be responsible for his mistakes.

I heaved a sigh of relief and told him I was sorry too, for having been too hard on him and trying to make him something he clearly wasn’t made out for. I promised to be more understanding and let him grow at his own pace since everybody was different. After the entire world is an interesting place because of our diversity. I sure am glad to have my bestie back.                     

For a better understanding of this, you may like to check out the write up "Over The Edge" on the blog.

Posted by Poshkid Charming
http://poshkidcharming./2013/05/19/wrong-turns-right-a-sequel-to-over-the-edge/
@PrinceTeardrop
Re: Wrong Turns Right: A Prequel To Over The Edge by Mynd44: 1:58pm On May 19, 2013
okay......

(1) (Reply)

Chapter 2 Of New Crime Story, A Must Read. Follow @alexijezie1 For More / The Thirty Sixth / Iris Reading - Memory Improvement Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.