Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana (1166 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by RickyRoss1(m): 3:49pm On May 19, 2013
Four persons have been confirmed dead at the Spintex Road branch of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) founded by Prophet T.B. Joshua in Accra.

The tragic incident occurred after a stampede ensued at the church Sunday during the distribution of free holy water.

Greater Accra Police Public Relations Officer DSP Freeman Tetteh confirmed the death to Joy News and said the bodies of the deceased have been deposited at the 37 and Police Hospital mortuaries.

Some 13 persons were also severely injured during the incident, officials have said.

He said the incident happened around 8:30 am shortly after the announcement that the holy water was going to be distributed for free.

According to DSP Tettey, the church was advised by the Police to truncate the service, which they did.

Thousands of people had flocked the church in pursuit of healing, spiritual and financial breakthrough.

The holy water, according to many TB Joshua followers, is acclaimed to be the panacea to the many spiritual afflictions.

The church is yet to formally issue a statement on the incident.

SOURCE: http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=274432&comment=0#com
Re: 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by omiobo: 3:54pm On May 19, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by Chanchit: 4:01pm On May 19, 2013
The holy water would wake them very soon. By the way is it imported from Nigeria..? Or was pastor TB Jo' there.? I just hope he's not there, @least that would reduce the mouth/typing attack he's about to recieve.
Re: 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by iamdsam: 5:08pm On May 19, 2013
@op Are you trying to put the blame on T.B Joshua. How can one verify this your post. Be careful of what you post. I warm!
Re: 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by K4: 5:10pm On May 19, 2013
This is indeed a tragedy.The church should take a major share of the blame for their poor organisation of the event.My condolences to the bereaved families.Apart from ghanaians,there were lots of nigerians,ivorians n burkinabes.RIP 2 d departed.
Re: 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by K4: 5:16pm On May 19, 2013
iamdsam: @op Are you trying to put the blame on T.B Joshua. How can one verify this your post. Be careful of what you post. I warm!
Yes,unfortunately d story is true! I saw it happen!
Re: 4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra, Ghana by RickyRoss1(m): 10:09pm On May 19, 2013
iamdsam: @op Are you trying to put the blame on T.B Joshua. How can one verify this your post. Be careful of what you post. I warm!

I have never blamed TB Joshua for the tragic event but the story is true and you can ask anyone in Ghana to confirm. By now it is supposed to be on the church website and other Nigerian news sites.

(1) (Reply)

How Lazarus Mouka Sacrifices Members Life / Who Lured Satan To Sin? / 8 Types Of Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.