Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry (3621 Views)

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry By Vera Ezimora / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by AmicableEd: 4:06pm On May 19, 2013
Hahaha, who agrees with Vera Ezimora abeg, lol!
The most popular union seems to be the one between the Igbos and the Yorubas. With this in mind, I have compiled a list, specially for everyone who is currently in such a relationship. If you have been pressured into breaking up because of tribal differences and you have no idea why you should – or if you should, then I am here to help you make that decision. Please read, digest, and understand the lists below.
Reasons Igbos Should NOT Marry Yorubas:
1. They’re dirty.
2. All they know how to do is party.
3. They eat too much oil.
4. Their women flirt/sleep around too much.
5. Their men will ALWAYS cheat with a Yoruba woman.
6. They are loud and obnoxious. You can hear them from a mile away.
7. They are wild. They are the real “Akata” people.
8. They are Nigeria’s problem.
9. They don’t understand the Igbo culture.
10. They do too much juju.
11. They betrayed the Igbos during the Biafran war.
12. And to top the list, they are not Igbo.

Reasons Yorubas Should NOT Marry Igbos:
1. They’re rude; they have no respect.
2. All they know how to do is chase money.
3. Their pounded yam is as hard as stone.
4. They don’t put enough oil and spice in their food.
5. Their in-laws are wicked! The husband’s family will always maltreat the woman.
6. They cannot speak Yoruba, and even if they can, they do not know our culture.
7. They will sell their brother for money.
8. They won’t let us play our fuji music at home.
9. They’re Nigeria’s problem. They keep trying to divide us.
10. When their women die, their bodies have to be returned to Igbo Land to be buried.
11. They eat human beings.
12. And the mother of all crimes, they are not Yoruba.

Top 12 Reasons You Should NOT Consider Before Getting Married
1. He/she does not appreciate you.
2. He/she has a turbulent past and a shaky present.
3. He/she can never be faithful to you. And you know this.
4. You have nothing in common, except your tribe, of course.
5. Your dreams, values, and aspirations couldn’t be further apart from each other – even if you stretched them thin.
6. He/she just doesn’t get you.
7. He/she knows how to bring out the worst in you.
8. You cannot quite place your finger on it, but you know that something isn’t right with this relationship...
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/05/the-12-top-reasons-why-igbos-and.html

1 Like

Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by badassnigga(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2013
there was this igbo girl that I used to bang like hell during ma service yr. she was too gud in bed. coolcoolcoolshe told me they had history of cannibalism. she is frm ngwa land.

@op ur write up is a crap
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by JameyMaxwell(m): 5:05pm On May 19, 2013
Poster.
Why such rubbish? So yhu were not as matured as I thought.smh.
Be careful wat yhu type. This lukz like a racist post.

3 Likes

Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Chanchit: 5:14pm On May 19, 2013
Pls what is the main aim of this post..? You are just talking from both sides of ur mouth. Pls stay one place so I go know where to lambast you from. He/shediot.

4 Likes

Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Adegite5(m): 5:23pm On May 19, 2013
Different ppl with different ways of thinking.pls tell me who cant flirt wen der is room for it,who cant cheat,who doesnt like money......just dat our perspectives to issues differs,take for instance;ma sister is married to an Igbo man although both are God fearing,soo dat checks der tendency to sin,still d husbands way being a lawyer worsened things,it raised much of his ego and 1 thing i hate in him is dat PRIDE refflects in his ways and talk and dat is d only thing i have against dem although i learnt a lot frm him positively.sooo ders nofin wrong in getting along togeda,but make sure Christ is ur fundation,cus without HIM d home will crumble[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
KKK
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by mysticgal(f): 7:12pm On May 19, 2013
sad embarassed cry :-Xmy friend is married to a yoruba,op na lie
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 19, 2013
Stop posting BULSHIT
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by mankand(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2013
Only one reason will scrap this.

Yorubas should not marry Igbos because they have done nothing good than bringing shame to the country called nigeria. On the ground that

They are criminally minded
If yoy check the populations of Nigerians currently in Jail, you find them to be Igbos. Iran, Botswana, Pakistan, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Mali, South Africa, Rep of Benin, you find many of them to be igbos.

They do no good than cheating and crime which is in their blood.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 19, 2013
@OP

Lovely! Bravo! That's a very creative way to say "tribalism sucks". cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Sijo01(f): 9:49pm On May 19, 2013
Op is high on plantain flower.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by 4words: 10:58pm On May 19, 2013
We just love each other...
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by killuminati(m): 11:24pm On May 19, 2013
Bigflamie:
Amala brain, go get a life
guy amala dey sweet oh.... Tryam wit gbegiri mixam wit ewedu, omo na honeymoon tins be dat oh. Thou I know u dey chop am sha..
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by neversaynever(m): 11:34pm On May 19, 2013
Height of idleness. tribalism + inferiority complex is your problem
undecided
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Vansnickers: 11:56pm On May 19, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: there was this igbo girl that I used to bang like hell during ma service yr. she was too gud in bed. coolcoolcoolshe told me they had history of cannibalism. she is frm ngwa land.

That's true. My dad told me stories about that.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Xaviers(m): 12:16am On May 20, 2013
YAWNS!!! RUBBISH!!!!! .... Dis shudnt get to d fp Ooº°˚˚°ºº.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:48am On May 20, 2013
mankand: Only one reason will scrap this.

Yorubas should not marry Igbos because they have done nothing good than bringing shame to the country called nigeria. On the ground that

They are criminally minded
If yoy check the populations of Nigerians currently in Jail, you find them to be Igbos. Iran, Botswana, Pakistan, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Mali, South Africa, Rep of Benin, you find many of them to be igbos.

They do no good than cheating and crime which is in their blood.
https://www.nairaland.com/1248109/credit-card-fraud-32-people-nigerians

Look at the number of Yorubas on that list, it is absolutely outstanding. Before you remove the speck from another person's eye, remove the filth from your own eye. Criminally minded my äss, go tell that to your people as well.

2 Likes

Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by RickyRoss1(m): 3:42am On May 20, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: there was this igbo girl that I used to bang like hell during ma service yr. she was too gud in bed. coolcoolcoolshe told me they had history of cannibalism. she is frm ngwa land.

You claim to be a university graduate but the above post proves you are a semi illiterate.
Where in Ngwaland do they eat human meat?
I am from Imo State and have heard series of stories about Ngwa people being canibbals. About 12 years ago we were in Ngwaland to marry a certain girl and I was afraid they could eat my meat, but its over 12 years since we married from Ngwa and nothing like that has happened. I have been to many villages in Ngwa and nobody eats anybody's meat. It is only a semi illiterate that would believe those tales by moonlight.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by mankand(m): 7:59am On May 20, 2013
ItsModella:
https://www.nairaland.com/1248109/credit-card-fraud-32-people-nigerians

Look at the number of Yorubas on that list, it is absolutely outstanding. Before you remove the speck from another person's eye, remove the filth from your own eye. Criminally minded my äss, go tell that to your people as well.

Is this the best list you can come with?

Let us start with 1966, who caused the killings of 2 million Yigbos, who caused the civil war, coward Ojukwu, is he a yoruba man?

Ask google.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 8:21am On May 20, 2013
When federal govt of nigeria cut supply of food from the east during biafra war what do you think ibos were eating..
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Temismith(f): 8:45am On May 20, 2013
Dis thread na trouble e dey find.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by sakaguchi(m): 8:46am On May 20, 2013
I'm not angry with the OP
Is vacuity is blindingly obvious, what I'm angry with is that our comments( and ofcourse mine too for stressing it) will drive traffic to this his/her brainless thread.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 9:05am On May 20, 2013
Seriously, do you guys not understand sarcasm and satire? The OP is very obviously pointing out how stupid tribalism is. Didn't y'all see the third category of reasons? Jeez!
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 9:31am On May 20, 2013
Ihedinobi: Seriously, do you guys not understand sarcasm and satire? The OP is very obviously pointing out how stupid tribalism is. Didn't y'all see the third category of reasons? Jeez!
story, NAIRALAND MUST BAN AND BLOCK DIS OP. ASAP. I'm begging nairaland to hear the voice of the people and block dis blockhead. Dis post will boil to 11 pages with abuses from all corners.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by CNN80: 10:45am On May 20, 2013
Ihedinobi: Seriously, do you guys not understand sarcasm and satire? The OP is very obviously pointing out how stupid tribalism is. Didn't y'all see the third category of reasons? Jeez!

Guy, I thought I was the only one that understood the sarcasm in the OP. Colour me shocked when I started seeing posts spitting poison and vitriol left, right and centre.

Haba, Nigerians lipsrsealed
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 11:06am On May 20, 2013
googlepikin: story, NAIRALAND MUST BAN AND BLOCK DIS OP. ASAP. I'm begging nairaland to hear the voice of the people and block dis blockhead. Dis post will boil to 11 pages with abuses from all corners.

Bros, to be honest, it's blockheads that are making a tribal issue out of the OP. They're fighting because they are sociopathic mmorons who bark and growl at the sound of their tribe's name not because there's anything wrong with the OP.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 11:08am On May 20, 2013
CNN80:

Guy, I thought I was the only one that understood the sarcasm in the OP. Colour me shocked when I started seeing posts spitting poison and vitriol left, right and centre.

Haba, Nigerians lipsrsealed

I think it's mostly people who have been at war so long that everything that moves is suddenly an enemy.
Re: The 12 Top Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry by Nobody: 11:58am On May 20, 2013
I'm not here to debate on which tribe is criminally worse, that's an effort in futility. I can come up with a million sources showing the different crimes Yoruba people committed, just as you can for the Igbo people. My point is stop making it seem like Yoruba people are devoid of terrible crimes and atrocities, your people are equally not saintly so drop your useless brouhaha. You don't even know how silly your rebuttal makes you look. The OP was being sarcastic but tribalism has sucked deep into your brain that you totally did not see it.

P.S: That list was pretty comprehensive. Why don't you tell me why your brothers were engaged in credit card fraud? cat got ya tongue?

mankand:

Is this the best list you can come with?

Let us start with 1966, who caused the killings of 2 million Yigbos, who caused the civil war, coward Ojukwu, is he a yoruba man?

Ask google.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cats In Nigeiran Culture / Hausa Greetings / Decent Or Indecent : Woman's Breast Spills Out Of Her Dress In A Public Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.