Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed (11191 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / I Need Candid And Honest Opinion / Call For An Open And Honest Online Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:11am On May 20, 2013
A woman with good behavior would act irrational if her baby father marries another woman after 17 good years and 4 kids not to talk of one who obviously is mentally challenged.I find it hard to believe the man was tricked into having the other kids though.Maybe he must resigned himself to his fate at the time.Anyway,that’s over and done with.

If it were possible,i'd have asked her to opt out of this relationship cos her sanity is going to be at stake soon.Dealing with baby mamas is a very very hard thing in all parts of the world not to talk of Nigeria where people will side the woman who has been with the man for ages and borne him kids regardless of her behavior.After all he was humping her for 17 years despite her character so why the sudden change?We Nigerians believe in do or die and the longer you are with someone,the more likely and acceptable it is for you to die in the situation.

You say your cousin has already had 2 miscarriages?It’s probably stress and living in fear.TTC is no joke and having to mix that with a crazy woman?She is strong oo.
Since the man is in his childrens life,she will forever be in the picture,how will your cousin cope?As long as the kids live with them,madam will always know what is happening in the house.If she changes number,her children will find out.If she's going out,they will also know and relay to their mom(acid bath thingz)..The teenage son being rude is a small issue.Teenagers rebel at a point.The other ones are coming up so more headache looming in the horizon.

A stalker is a stalker,fixated and obsessed.Even the ones that chase after celebrities are given restraining orders and yet disobey but this one you’ve got here is a stalker with a vendetta ontop mixed with righteous anger! Hmmmmm.. .I do not know how you all expect this to end but believe me when I say that police and lawyer cannot stop a mentally challenged person.Saying the man should talk to her is worth a try but useless cos he couldn’t get her under control for 17 years,is it today he will start?I really hope your cousin has the real picture of the situation cos sometimes a man could sugarcoat things and also get his family to concur with him.The womans' version may be totally different.This one unfortunately is also tinged with psycho tendencies,she will not stop o!

One man woke up and believed i was his wife,he used to call my phone like 300 times per hour,he found my home,tormented my family,was calling my friends and sending credit to all and sundry to get info on me.He made my life HELL!I left Nigeria fortunately but he still managed to get my number,calling endlessly,texting without ceasing,and went on to steal pics off my sisters fb,splashed it all over his and was writing poems and saying i'm his wife.I was so afraid of coming back for my wedding.This is a man i was friendly with oo until i realised he was somewhat off.Infact ehh,if not that i don't live in Naija,i don't know what would have happened by now.It's God that delivered me.I'm just telling you this so you have an idea of how these psycho people think.They never ever give up once they believe you belong to them.It's even scarier that it's a woman who is angry,has dedicated a huge chunk of her life to this man,suffered 4 pregnancies along with the stretch marks,saggy boobs,sleepless nights nurturing the kids etc.Who is he dumping her for?Since he's left her unhappy,i doubt she's about to let them enjoy any sort of bliss.

The fact is that your cousin should just go and invest heavily in a bp machine and start early to research about hi bp medication cos she will need them.

You say the man deserves happiness,your cousin also deserves to be married happily without drama,being married to a baggageless person is hard enough already.How long can she live like this?What can the man do to shield her if he couldn't even shield himself?Sacrificing peace of mind for everlasting fear and torment isn't worth it abegg.Not saying she should up and leave but the main fact is that she will never be able to relax and enjoy this marriage.

Short of relocating,changing her sim monthly and carrying weapons,I can’t think of any other solution so good luck.

PS No need to get upset or defensive over what people have said,different opinions,different interpretations of the scenario at hand.

7 Likes

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:56am On May 20, 2013
@pslm23, you find it easy to believe your coz stories and the stories her man lover cooks now abi? but call the woman a liar? where is common sense? 17years with 4 kids? and you said some of the man's family members still give her ears, right? when your coz show them one third of what the ex show him, all the family members will in one day give the ex ear and they all will rally round to drive your coz out.

common sense, use your case to judge this your coz case now cos i well followed your story, am sorry to say, if you both dont can think right now, then i see a rebirth of what you went through to this your coz in the nearest future.

the cain that was used to beat the ex, is somewhere under the bed.

@debrief, did i get that right? that you have an ex and it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for the rest, you might have not looked well before starting that relationship that led you into another, so pls desist from advising people to play it the way you did, i beg you. So everyone shoukd divorce today and remarry tommorrow,huh, all this coming from you mama, common. Read in between the lines. One is a liar cos she is at the receiving end and the other is saint John cos he is the welcoming inlaw. make all of una talk true to una head.

Dont you follow up her story before now? i guess you did cos you welcome her back, you should have think deep before giving this sort of short term 'good' advise. lipsrsealed

@steph, so if you were dropped by your own father to follow one woman lover to ogbodo oyinbo you will live to bless him abi?

Satan has bewitched some people, because you go school no make your brilliant ooo.

How old is the man himself? maybe 50 years, just finding true love?

5 Likes

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:26am On May 20, 2013
@caropy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin ( my belle oh)
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:37am On May 20, 2013
jidegirl12: @caropy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin ( my belle oh)

why you dey laugh now, nothing but the truth must be said. I hate eye service. if them like make them abuse me back, i no care, but my pen had dropped the word in their heart, it cant be erased. i pray them take the right path. amen.

I urge everyone who has not read her past stories to go and read it before advising her and the coz, them talk say 'a stitch in time saves nine', but if the coz go on with the marriage then 'a stitch in time go cause tear tear cloth'.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:59am On May 20, 2013
^^^Trust me you're on the right track.

But I've decided not to share my opinion on this Topic cos my stones will hit everybody's eyes for the kill.

I'm very familiar with OP and her story and honestly my heart always goes out to her. I understand where you're going But lets not get carried away this is bout her cuz not her.

@Topic reminds me of one of my Fav person on this forum; Treat people how you want to be treated. Shikena grin
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by ifyalways(f): 5:39am On May 20, 2013
I won't trust nor believe whatever a man that humped a woman for 17 solid years without marrying her properly.
4 kids, 4 freaking pregnancies no be 4 cars.

The man created this situation for himself, he should do the right thing first : settle the ex peacefully.

I dunno why anybody would open her eyes and get involved in such a scary, messed up situation.

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Yvete(f): 6:01am On May 20, 2013
@ Pslm23

Your cousin can actually back out of this messy situation. Baby mama, married or not, the other woman has a strong presence in that house and would only get stronger as her kids get older. Who knows if all these stories about the other woman are true?

My late gorgeous aunt got married to a family friend at 34. I remember when the man came to ask my aunt's hand in marriage, my mum furiously screamed 'over my dead body', but my aunt won't listen. There were so many spritual accusations here and there concerning the Ex-wife with 2 kids. The man was always in an accident, escaping death, falling sick, etc. Well, after multiple miscarriages, I lost my aunt during child birth in 2010. Where is the man now? hmnnn ... peace restored! This won't be your cuz portion anyways, just feel the need to share a smiliar story.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:22am On May 20, 2013
jidegirl12: @caropy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin ( my belle oh)
Hey sis,don't laugh,he is sayin d truth!assumin I've not witnessed dis kind of scenerio,I wouldn't hv commented.
Till tomorow my cos regreted goin into such r/ship.d man is wicked and ur cous,wickedier(if there is something like that)and u guys supportd her! When money no dey nko? When d man decide to look for another woman again cos I bet u he will? Lots of ?s.
U know in my cous case now,d man don't care again,she has 5 kids. For one day he has never bought clothes for these children,2 of d other woman children lives with them.now his attention has gone to d elderly one cos she is ripe for marriage.my cous never finished her project(went to uni)
I hope u r reading,and so many things I can't write down here.
Bc of d man's age,he can't hussle much again. So its my cous all d way.cos no matter how young u might look,u can never cheat nature.
So my dear op,u pple rnt seen nothin yet! Tell ur cous to brace up since she want happiness,she will get it in full dose.
I wonder how some pple think these days cos if its my pple,that man has just digged his own grave.they will make life hell for him.if I were that woman,I will continuosly target ur cous!did u know d implication of what she did? 17 yrs,oh lord,some pple r so self centered and wicked!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by nadesh(f): 6:28am On May 20, 2013
The woman has every right to act mad.17 years,4 kids without a ring and now within 3 years his eyes suddenly open to the idea of marriage with another woman?
I would fight and frustrate the woman who did not know to stay away from some situations.Love indeed.Na so dem go dey waka looking for another woman's left overs.
hiss angry
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:41am On May 20, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:40am On May 20, 2013
Not one . . . Not two . . Not three . . but FOUR kids! shocked shocked angry angry

Sorry to say Psalm23, but some men are simply scum and your cuz's hubby is the height of it! He wants to eat his cake and have it . . . such heartlessness.

The poor woman has gone crazy, who wouldn't 4 kids and 17 years with a man and he dumps you like a sack of grain for the next available chick. Shame Shame Shame! shocked

Please, tell your cousin to respect herself and go back to Austria. Why would she sell herself so cheaply just to be a Mrs. undecided I suppose she'll claim 'age' was no more on her side, but must she kill herself because of marriage undecided

The irresponsible man kept impregnating the woman 4X and banging her uncountable times . . even though she was crazy? undecided He only decided to end thing with her when he met your cousin . . . your cuz must be really gullible and naive to fall for his crap! angry angry angry

Infact, I dey vex . . . let me go and take a cold shower . . . angry angry
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by nora544: 8:41am On May 20, 2013
I am an Austrian lady and i can tell you why he didnot marry the wife here in austria.

When you live as single mother in Austria you get much help from the goverment you pay les tax, you get money for your children. You get a cheap house to rent. When the man cannot give money to the woman than the goverment help also.

It was all about money not more.

Our sozial system in Austria is very good it is very different from nigeria.

I know from what i speak i was a singl mother and get help from the goverment because here father leave us and we get no moey from him. I could stay at home for the first 3 years from my child and i get money from th goverment. Than i start working full time but my tax i have to pay was low. i could give my child in a private school, and i still get money from the goverment because her father was not in austria. When she start with the university we got help from the goverment.

That is why this man didnot marry his wife and trust me all he tells about this wife is not true because he want to but him in a good position. why a woman would get 4 children from a man when she didnot love him.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Connoisseur(m): 8:45am On May 20, 2013
ileobatojo:

I'm sorry, why do you think people should unleash venom on them?

I made this statement in reference to this

pslm23:
No wonder what? Because she is 38 that makes her what? or means what? FYI, she might be 38 but she looks like she's in her late 20s. Again, stop with the stereotype.

Marrying a man who has been with another woman for 17 years and 4 kids to show for it portrays nothing short of desperation. Left for me, it is better to remain single than to become entagled in such mess. The honourabke thing to do is to leave this man for his wife. If the man is unhappy in the relationship, it is his duty to sort himself out before dragging someone else into it..

people should learn tolove themselves first before loving another. not all love feelings are acted on, some are left to die cold especially when they come with too much wahala.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:05am On May 20, 2013
Hmmm, so the summary is that this man is to remain single forever right? Either die with this 17yr woman or die alone. This is quite serious. Even people who were actually married can divorce anytime and move on with whomever they want. They don't become properties of their ex even if they had 15 children together after 40 yrs of marriage.

Abi, am I the only one that read the bolded?

pslm23:
3 years ago, my cousin was in Abuja for a funeral and that was how they met. It was platonic, they were just friends and he told her then that he was having serious problems with the mother of his kids.

in 2011 she came to Nigeria for vacation and they met and spent time together and that was when he told her he was finally done with the woman and asked my cuz to date him.

Even if they developed feelings for each other while they were still friends and he was with the other woman, the bottom line is they didn't act on their feelings till he broke up with her which was the noble thing to do here. Was it not in the thread where the woman cheated on her cheating husband people were saying a clean break is better than cheating? So should he have kept on with the 17yr woman and started cheating on her with OP's cousin instead?

Now of course lots of finger pointing and blaming for different things can be done here. But I quite disagree with the blame for them being together and married now. Until there is evidence that they started phocking while he was still with his other woman, I won't call her a man snatcher.

The bulk of the blame goes to the man here. I blame him for being totally spineless. He was a too much of a chickenshit to marry her, yet too much of a chickenshit to leave her for 17yrs. And he continues to be a spineless amoeba for not being able to shield his woman from the psychotic ex. Since he lacks the ba*lls to handle the situation, he should either move with her to austria or say goodbye to her.

I blame OP's cousin for not being a tiger before chooking her head into this situation. You have to have a high level of crazy to be able to handle such a situation which she clearly doesn't possess so what the hell was she thinking? She knew the 17yr woman was cray before marrying the guy. She heard the stories, but she refused to pause and take it all in.

I blame the 17yr woman for staying with someone for 17yrs without having a ring on it. I hope this is not something all her supporters would actually do. What manner of desperate crap is that? Seriously, how dumb can one be? Reproducing at will for someone that can't bring himself to marry you and hanging on for years and years. Now trying to feel like she owns the man. Even wives are dispensible how much more this woman? His main responsibility right now is to his kids so she should please take a seat. She's not the first to be dumped and she won't be the last.

Once again, if he started cheating on her while they were still together, then yes, feel free to go to town on OP's cousin.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:02am On May 20, 2013
What kind of man bangs a woman for 17 years and impregnates he 4X without marrying her? IMO, the cousin was blinded by her desperation. She should have asked hrself what kind of man she was falling in love with first. If he married her and their marriage didn't work out, I would have blamed him less. But for 17 years he was taking it all for free and all of a sudden realized she wasn't the one!
SMH!

She was a 'devil', not worthy of being called his wife, and yet he kept going back for more . . .

His relatives advised him not to marry her but to keep banging her abi

Na wah!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:13am On May 20, 2013
Ujujoan: What kind of man bangs a woman for 17 years and impregnates he 4X without marrying her? IMO, the cousin was blinded by her desperation. She should have asked hrself what kind of man she was falling in love with first. If he married her and their marriage didn't work out, I would have blamed him less. But for 17 years he was taking it all for free and all of a sudden realized she wasn't the one!
SMH!

She was a 'devil', not worthy of being called his wife, and yet he kept going back for more . . .

His relatives advised him not to marry her but to keep banging her abi

Na wah!

Exactly Uju! The man is a real chump. OP's cousin was just too blinded by emotion.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by mysticgal(f): 10:28am On May 20, 2013
I will advice your cuz relocate to austria cos her life is in serious danger as in having 2 miscariages is not a good sign atleast if not for health her safety should be considered,sorry to say a 17 year old is not small enugh to commit murder,it's his mother that is disadvantaged and i hope the hubby understands and he the hubby should sort out his mess before things get out of hand and lastly there is nothing prayer cannot do,the heart of a king is in the hands of God.takia
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:28am On May 20, 2013
Hang on, so he never married the other woman and continued to "live in sin" for 17 years? I thought he divorced her undecided

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:33am On May 20, 2013
caropy: @pslm23, you find it easy to believe your coz stories and the stories her man lover cooks now abi? but call the woman a liar? where is common sense? 17years with 4 kids? and you said some of the man's family members still give her ears, right? when your coz show them one third of what the ex show him, all the family members will in one day give the ex ear and they all will rally round to drive your coz out.

common sense, use your case to judge this your coz case now cos i well followed your story, am sorry to say, if you both dont can think right now, then i see a rebirth of what you went through to this your coz in the nearest future.

the cain that was used to beat the ex, is somewhere under the bed.

@debrief, did i get that right? that you have an ex and it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for the rest, you might have not looked well before starting that relationship that led you into another, so pls desist from advising people to play it the way you did, i beg you. So everyone shoukd divorce today and remarry tommorrow,huh, all this coming from you mama, common. Read in between the lines. One is a liar cos she is at the receiving end and the other is saint John cos he is the welcoming inlaw. make all of una talk true to una head.

Dont you follow up her story before now? i guess you did cos you welcome her back, you should have think deep before giving this sort of short term 'good' advise. lipsrsealed
If my mother was a good wife , taking good care of the home et al, of course I will be stark raving mad, but if the woman is anything like the

@steph, so if you were dropped by your own father to follow one woman lover to ogbodo oyinbo you will live to bless him abi?

Satan has bewitched some people, because you go school no make your brilliant ooo.

How old is the man himself? maybe 50 years, just finding true love?
If my mother was a good wife , taking good care of the home et al, of course I will be stark raving mad, but if the woman is anything like the what the Op has said, then my father deserves peace.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:37am On May 20, 2013
steph7: If my mother was a good wife , taking good care of the home et al, of course I will be stark raving mad, but if the woman is anything like the what the Op has said, then my father deserves peace.

I am going to cut the woman some slack here. Yes she might be everything the Op have said here, she might have threatened the cousin which I do not doubt but have you and I questioned ourselves or asked why she's being a bitter woman? Do you and I know if this woman has labored for this man only for him to go hook some other woman? Do you think 17 years is 17 days?

Do we know if this man fell short in his responsibilities as a father and a lover? Yes she did all that psm23 has stated here, but even though some of us will not stoop so low the truth still remains that , 17 years of her life and his was wasted, so lets give her room to vent.

Your father married your mother steph7 , yous were not brought into this world out of wedlock

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:43am On May 20, 2013
Uju's reply made me go back and read psm23's post on this thread. I just saw her cousins age and I guess I was right, I knew that "desperation" (psm23 please I am not trying to be rude here) would have contributed to her meeting this man with so many baggages and falling for him.

Truth is, there is more to this story that her "husband" is letting out. For 17 years you fvcked a woman and produced children and still felt within yourself that she wasn't the one for you . She was good enough for sh@@g and be the mother of his children but not good enough for marriage? That speaks volumes.

And instead of yous bashingthis woman here like she is a mentally retarrrdeddd junkie, find out why she is bitter and stuck with him for 17 years.

No responsible man will do this. Tell your cousin to buckle up, cos the cane that was used on his ex, will be used on her. For an exposed woman, I expected her to dig deep even before being his girl, and find out what exactly happened in that 17 years that produced children.

We all should not expect the children to be nice to their step mother.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:01am On May 20, 2013
This is a past that is hard to put away. People should learn from this to listen to themselves and grow enough to trust their own judgement. He was advised to stay and work on a crazy relationship yet he is the one doing time.

This is my first thought-If he won't relocate i will advise your cousin to move on but then again its easy to judge when you are watching from the sidelines if the woman is as bad as this is the man now condemned to a lifetime of troubles?

He made a mistake should he be condemned for life? Sometimes we don't need advise we just need to trust ourselves. So i'll say this your cousin and this man need to put their heads together since they are now two and do what is best for both of them and they should keep in mind safety first.

This man after all he has been through in the hands of well wishers,pastors and parents should have learnt to trust himself and this time his new wife. I know how you hope for the best and before you know it years have gone by and you don't even know how you got lost in the maze of having too many people make and interfere in decisions that should have been personal.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by greatgod2012(f): 11:08am On May 20, 2013
Abegi, that woman has the right to vent, abeg, 17 years with the man and 4 kids to crown the union/relationship, no be beans/joke, infact, she has the right to show op's coz madness.

Who knows what she(the wife) had gone through with the man, we are all human beings, we have to learn to do unto others what we want them do unto us.
@op, if it was your coz that this happened to, how will she feel or handled the situation. The fact is that, that man is a pathological liar, he only said those things he said about his wife to your coz, in ordet to win her soul, tell your coz that she is worth more than that man, because, that man may later treat your coz the way he treated the first woman. Abeg, truth is bitter, but, say it, it might save her life and restore her sanity.
May God help them all.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:15am On May 20, 2013
greatgod2012: Abegi, that woman has the right to vent, abeg, 17 years with the man and 4 kids to crown the union/relationship, no be beans/joke, infact, she has the right to show op's coz madness.

Who knows what she(the wife) had gone through with the man, we are all human beings, we have to learn to do unto others what we want them do unto us.
@op, if it was your coz that this happened to, how will she feel or handled the situation. The fact is that, that man is a pathological liar, he only said those things he said about his wife to your coz, in ordet to win her soul, tell your coz that she is worth more than that man, because, that man may later treat your coz the way he treated the first woman. Abeg, truth is bitter, but, say it, it might save her life and restore her sanity.
May God help them all.

Abeg preach joooo. YOu are singing to the choir. 17 years na joke? Let her vent jooo. What kind of nonsense is this? angry
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by honeric01(m): 11:24am On May 20, 2013
Funny turn of event.

From the start, everyone supported the op, then came an opposite view, viola, everyone is against the op's story.

Nigerians and sheep mentality!

5 Likes

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by nwababy: 11:25am On May 20, 2013
@OP did your cousin checked all this before venturing in this kind of marriage?if the man didn't have any issue,it will be a different ball game.I think she's leaping before looking.the best thing is for her to leave the country with the hubby.but OP anybody that hears this will believe that your cousin is heartless knowing fully well that four children are involved(grown ups for that matter)I just pity her cos she has a very long way to go.Atimes if you dey fall love,use your head.sorry if am a bit blunt but that's the simple truth.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:56am On May 20, 2013
Wow. This is really intense.

Sister Pslm, to be honest, there's very little your cousin can do to keep this woman at bay, and the same goes for her husband. If he couldn't tame his ex in 17 years, when they were living under the same roof, it'll be virtually impossible to do so now they're living apart, and she's this angry. And naturally, the children will side with their mother. If your cousin thinks it's bad now, this is just the beginning, it'll get much worse, as the younger children get older. Their mother will certainly drum it into their heads that their father's new wife was the cause of their split, the new wife drove her (their mother) away. She could even say the new wife was cheating with their father long before they split up.

The police will be pretty useless given the circumstances here, we are talking Nigeria here. They're likely to see the new wife as the source of all the problems, despite the fact as LEO's they're meant to be neutral.

The only way I see here is for your cousin and her husband to relocate to Austria. Her husband can, and should still pay maintenance for his children, unless he's complete bum. I understand your cousin's husband is not keen to leave Nigeria, but this is a safety concern for his new bride. He should be looking at transferring his business concerns out of the country, in preparation for life in Austria. Or seek alternative employment / start self employment if he's not currently self-employed in Nigeria.

If he refuses to relocate, then I'm afraid your cousin has one option. Leave her husband, forget about doing her traditional. Right now, there are no children involved between your cousin and her husband, think of the risks when she has children, with the crazy ex and her own children not too far away.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by pslm23(f): 12:01pm On May 20, 2013
chaircover: Psalm23 baby uve been ignoring my emails abi angry

. . .but im glad to see that you are gud, so i have a response to my mails cheesy

On the issue of your cousin, Honest truth is that from my experience with these kinds of issues, there is usually much more to the story and when push comes to shove and a man/woman wants to get rid of their partner, the way they will paint an ordinary innocent story will become full of nollywood drama all in the name of giving a dog a bad name. So in short dont believe hook line and sinker every single thing that this man is saying about his wife

17 years is a very very very long time to be in a relationship and 4 kids is a lot of kids to have with a bad woman and no one can trick a man into having more kids than he really wants. What am I saying? if the relationship was as bad as the man is trying to portray, then it wouldn't have lasted that long.

The wife has a right to be angry (put yourself into her shoes and you will see why) I call her a wife, because simply because she didnt sign the dotted line doesnt mean that she is not a wife. Im sure the woman bears Mrs somebody on her papers, at work, in church and she wears and co with her husband to events etc. In many other countries, she will be a deemed as a common law wife and will have some rights too.

The man I will call a coward for not ending the relationship properly and completely shutting one door before opening another. In fact the man was cheating with your cousin while still in a relationship with his wife and that is one of the reasons why the wife is so angry and he bears some responsibility for the drama that is happening now.

The truth is that there is nothing your cousin can do than to ride it. The woman she is in loggerheads with is not a 6 month old girlfriend to the man. She is a wife of 17 years who has been unceremoniously dumped. She is bitter and she is angry and no court of law will be able to stop that and even if you took her to court and told her to keep the peace (I dont know under which law) she still has 4 Generals ie her children who will continue to make your cousins life a misery and the older they get the harder it will be. Taking her to court will still not stop her from sending snide remarks via her children at any opportunity. Basically your cousin is in for a long haul and I hope that she has the strength to deal with it. She has already suffered 2 miscarriages, probably due to all the stress, and this is just the first year and she is going to have to contend with this woman for a lot more years to come.

Personally I will make a decision judge my cousins character and if I know that she doesn't have the strength to deal with this, I will tell her to move on and find a man with less drama and baggage and let husband and wife sort themselves out . . afterall they have been "tolerating" each other for the past 17 years until your cousin came into the picture.

My darlyn aunt, forgive me. I did not intentionally ignore your emails. I still haven't seen them cos I can't remember my hotmail password anymore.

Thank you for your candid opinion on this issue. I just want to point out a few facts here. This case is about someone I hold dear to my heart and she is confused, this isn't about ME so the person directing posters to my previous posts on this site should stop trying to derail my thread! Secondly, yes if it were me, after 4 kids and being with a guy for 17 years, i'd feel hurt and betrayed but I must say that this can never be me because there is no way in hell i will be with a guy after one year and one kid out of wedlock and he hasn't married me in one way or the other. As much as I would like to empathize with the ex, i also would like to know why she stayed all those years and kept having babies. Her own younger brother sent an email to my cousin telling her to ignore his sister because she is a manipulative person who even as a child never failed to use the things people loved the most against them. In this case, she used the fact that the man being an only child had a fondness for children and would die for his children to keep having more in the hopes that he would marry her. Misguided thinking if you ask me.
Obviously he stayed that long with her because he truly cared for her and wanted to make it work but the stress was killing him and affecting his job. There were days she would up and disappear with the children for days on end without telling him just because they had an argument.
I must say again that everything was fine between my cuz and her hubby until the ex found out that he was married. they had amicably BROKEN UP and everybody had moved on. She found out he was married and now she wants her pound of flesh and unfortunately, my cousin is in the cross fire. That girl has done nothing wrong. She DID NOT SNATCH any man from any woman. The man left the lady under advisement from his own folks. He did not marry her for papers. and above all this is the fact that they love each other.
Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 20, 2013
ifyalways: Confusing or am I high already ?
You said "married" in first post and now "they are about to do trad ?"
If your cousin is NOT yet bound to this man by marriage its better for her to look else where oh. The man's baggage na serious over load, why would she want to inherit that?

Ify, I believe they've had a court wedding so far.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed by pslm23(f): 12:10pm On May 20, 2013
jennykadry:

I am going to cut the woman some slack here. Yes she might be everything the Op have said here, she might have threatened the cousin which I do not doubt but have you and I questioned ourselves or asked why she's being a bitter woman? Do you and I know if this woman has labored for this man only for him to go hook some other woman? Do you think 17 years is 17 days?

Do we know if this man fell short in his responsibilities as a father and a lover? Yes she did all that psm23 has stated here, but even though some of us will not stoop so low the truth still remains that , 17 years of her life and his was wasted, so lets give her room to vent.

Your father married your mother steph7 , yous were not brought into this world out of wedlock

Uju, hi dear! It's been a while!

From what we were told when both families met before the bride price and marriage etc. My folks wanted to know straight up if the woman will be a problem in the future and they were told no. They asked all the question being asked and concerns being raised. It was from the Edo in-laws that we got most of the true jist of the ex. Since she graduated, she has never worked a day in her life. He has been the sole provider. She was very demanding. He wanted to stop at 2 kids and she assured him she was on her BC and he felt she deceived him and thus 2 more kids came into the pic when he wasn't financially capable. He asked her to get a job she refused. She spends more than he can make. She uses the kids as a foorm of blackmail each time they have arguments. They have several police cases of violence against him. She tried to stab him at night while he was sleeping.
The list goes on and on.
I would really love to know how many women out here will stick with a guy for that long and remain un-married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed / For Married and soon to be married Men / Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.