Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 PM

Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. (26567 Views)

Ayokunle Adeniran Invents A ‘Nepaless’ Iron / Student Invents T-shirt That's Impossible To Stain / 18 Year Old Female Student Invents 20 Second Phone Charger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by a1solution: 6:18pm On May 20, 2013
I tried to invent exactly what this girl did now in 2010 but I only succeeded in making destop charger charge battery faster. What inspired me was the number of batteries I see in some parks in lagos then being charged in phone boot while the passengers will collect their battries half charged. I wish I can meet this girl I will show her my dead destops I used then. Naija is not encouraging when it comes to invention if not I would have succeeded before this girl.

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by supaeagles(m): 6:36pm On May 20, 2013
wiegraf: Fear hook me. The years of the lone einsteins are probably gone. She didn't invent it, this guy and his partners did a while back www.chemistry.ucsc.edu/faculty/singleton.php?&singleton=true&cruz_id=yatli
He supervised her. That said, it's still a hugely impressive feat for an 18 year to be able to grasp and replicate the experiments. Even better if she added some refinements of her own (dunno)

Maybe na him pikin?
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by ini4brandon(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2013
Okija juju: YAY!!!

Blackberry has been saved..

**Meanwhile over 500,000, 25 - 55 year old Imo State unemployed graduates are on the streets celebrating the governments decision to pay dem a monthly allowee**

God Bless Rochas! grin
grin
Okija juju: YAY!!!

Blackberry has been saved..

**Meanwhile over 500,000, 25 - 55 year old Imo State unemployed graduates are on the streets celebrating the governments decision to pay dem a monthly allowee**

God Bless Rochas! grin
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by ini4brandon(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2013
chronique: Good one. Hoping to give birth to a child that will achieve and even better this record someday. I love people who use their head a lot.
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Dewze(m): 6:53pm On May 20, 2013
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by ini4brandon(m): 6:54pm On May 20, 2013
chronique: Good one. Hoping to give birth to a child that will achieve and even better this record someday. I love people who use their head a lot.
na ur pikin u shift am to abi,... you, you , nkor?

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Dewze(m): 6:54pm On May 20, 2013
And i was reading the stupid comment one NLer had to say abt girls being only interested in relationships, gossips and sanitry pads. I wish tht guy is seeing this and being put to shame.

This kind of achievement by a woman can only happen in an environment were women are allowed to be free to express, and are not caged behind veils all in the name of piety.

Let the power of God be shown in and through evry kind be it male or female.

For the record. I am Male.

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by WinkWrld: 7:08pm On May 20, 2013
Incredible! Nigeria is finished. Same principle will apply to battery vehicles and all other battery supported equipments. Wo will buy our oil.
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by shyvicky: 7:09pm On May 20, 2013
i was thinking of inventing that and this girl done that before me,anyway i will invent an electric bulb that will bring darkness in the afternoon,for those who want stay in dark areas in the afternoon

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: ...Meanwhile her mates dey Naija dey open threads such as: "10 ways to know your boyfriend loves you"

Most of her mates in America are all about boys too.
In fact, I'm sure her high school cheerleaders must have called her a nerdy loser sometime or the other.

1 Like

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by tripledub: 7:22pm On May 20, 2013
The events of this world is so unpredictable and amazing. When we think that technology have reached its peak, an intention will just pop up out of thin air. Look at the series of intention of film viewing as a case study, from turn-table to analog projectors to vhs to vcd to dvd to blue ray to satellite decoders and online video streaming. My fellow Nlanders the things that are yet to be invented are three times more than the things that have been produced already, so go into ur rooms and get a decent meal. Focus and get ur brains thinking cos u might just turn out to b the next bill gate tomorrow.
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by omotayos01(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2013
Kslib: Our 18-22yr olds dey cry make make jamb reduce cut off mark to 170 so dat dem go fit enter university go cram wetin one rugged scientist discover before dem born their papa,while this 18yr old dey help the world solve one problem positively..
and d question is wat u, urself av invented in ur miserable life. Mtcheeew
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by omotayos01(m): 7:33pm On May 20, 2013
Kslib: Our 18-22yr olds dey cry make make jamb reduce cut off mark to 170 so dat dem go fit enter university go cram wetin one rugged scientist discover before dem born their papa,while this 18yr old dey help the world solve one problem positively..
and d question is wat u, urself av invented in ur life. Mtcheeew
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by snthesis(m): 8:02pm On May 20, 2013
omotayos01:
dis guy na suspect

1 Like

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by fasuyit: 8:15pm On May 20, 2013
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by naijathings(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2013

omotayos01:

NaWahOh..SheyNaFight?? LOL
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by chronique(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2013
I said that cos I can't beat the age again. On my own,I have developed at least 6 projects that would be worldwide renowned. It's just the finance that's holding me back. The finance to bring them to fruition is not what an individual can provide(except the inividual is in them Dangote and Bill gates level. I know one day,it will come true though.

ini4brandon: na ur pikin u shift am to abi,... you, you , nkor?
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by gabsteve(m): 8:43pm On May 20, 2013
We all speak as if the system here in Nigeria is well balanced. Lets wake up from our slumber..
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by mrlaw93(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2013
slap1: Kudos. Most of her age-mates in Nigeria don't know how to shutdown a computer.
wetin U̶̲̥̅̊ don build
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by taharqa2: 9:42pm On May 20, 2013
This is GREAT!!!
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by wiegraf: 9:45pm On May 20, 2013
supaeagles:

Maybe na him pikin?

Nah, she's just a bright student/lab hand of his from what I can tell
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Kslib(m): 10:12pm On May 20, 2013
omotayos01:
Lol.. Did i hit a nerve? Is it my fault that you haven't done anything reasonable yet in your miserable despicable and frustrating life.. Iddiot,be ashamed at yourself,at 22 you're still waiting for jamb to reduce cut off mark to 170..LMAO
All thanks to seun and the internet,dogs like you have the oppurtunity to even talk to people like me.I wont even spit on you in real life cos you're a worthless pig.Your frustration stinks all over the place you failed worthless baboon..
I wont even bother saying what i've achieved here but know this "even if your 5th generation to come appear now and join you in your miserable struggle,working 365 days non-stop,all of you collectively will never achieve 1/4 of what i get in a week"...
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by adeemi07(f): 10:19pm On May 20, 2013
[quote
author=MalasparkBlog]18yrs Old Girl Invents Device That Can Charge
Phone Battery In Just 20 Seconds

A California teen has attracted the attention of tech giants Google for
her potentially revolutionary invention which charges a phone in 20
seconds flat.

The super-fast charging device has been dubbed a super capacitor by
18-year-old Esha Khare, of Saratoga - as she took home $50,000 from the
Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, which took placein
Phoenix this week.
The device will make waiting hours for a phone to charge a thing of the
past and the gizmo packs more energy into a smaller space than
traditional phone batteries and holds the charge for longer. Eesha
Khare, 18, of Saratoga, Calif.,received the Intel Foundation Young
Scientist Award of $50,000 for the invention of a tiny energy-storage
device With great power: The supercapacitor is flexible and tiny,and is
able to handle 10,000 recharge cycles, more than normal batteries by a
factor of 10.

So far, Khare has only used her supercapacitor to power a light-emitting
diode or LED - but she sees a bright future that one day will see her
invention powering cellphones, cars and any gadget that requires a
rechargeable battery.

Heading to Harvard, Khare told CBS San Francisco that this is only the
start and that she will 'be setting the world on fire' from here. 'My
cellphone battery always dies,'she told NBC News when asked what
inspired her to work on the energy-storage technology.

Specializing in nanochemistry allowed Khare to reduve the size of her
invention.'Really working at the nanoscaleto make significant advances
in many different fields.' Khare claimed the top three prizes at this
year?s Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Phoenix
Aspirations: Google have been in contact with Miss Khare to explore how
she plans to change the makeup of cell phone battery life 'It is also
flexible, so it can be used in rollup displays and clothing and fabric,'
Khare added.
'It has a lot of different applications and advantages over batteries in
that sense.' The supercapacitor is flexible and tiny, and is able to
handle 10,000 recharge cycles, more than normal batteries by a factor of
How an 18-year-old girl has managed to figure out something that
multi-national corporations have not has led to her being flooded with
offers for her amazing leap forward.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327021/Teenager-invents-revolutionary-device-charges-cell-phone-20-seconds.html?ico=ushome^mostread
http://www.malaspark.com/girl-invents-device-that-can-charge.html?m=0[/quote] we have many people like this in Nigeria but no one wants to help them
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by BabaOlowo: 10:39pm On May 20, 2013
slap1: Kudos. Most of her age-mates in Nigeria don't know how to shutdown a computer.

The only thing they know is buy me blackberry!

1 Like

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by AbuMikey(m): 10:41pm On May 20, 2013
NiceEe
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 20, 2013
And her mates for naija here especially for nairaland dey create thread like "how to know he loves you" or "how to know your boy-friend is cheating" or "how to know he is a player"na only such things dem dey use their brain think,and make them dey know the type of latest hair-styles and make-ups and creams

1 Like

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 20, 2013
And in another thread, wot some people could notice is that she is not wearing hijab!

1 Like

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by sonety2k(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2013
cool
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Nwaotu10(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2013
She is my bilogical sister;;;; grin
Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by ogbiwa: 9:54am On May 21, 2013
Kudos to the young lady. I believe the problem is a lot of bright minds who'll rather queue up for job interviews in 'flashy' companies, where their creative abilities will be sucked dry al for peanuts salary. Rather than using their minds to think their way out of poverty. “use your brain for yourself or someone else will pay you to use it for them“ -Henry Ford

1 Like

Re: Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. by Emmyk(m): 10:07am On May 21, 2013
Lol. Must ya all make reference to Nigerian female teenagers? It's not like any of you did something remarkable while at 18!.. Lol. Ohh, you might do something remarkable, on the negative side tho!
Good one from the lady. #entering another thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.