Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Da Vinci Code - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Da Vinci Code (1697 Views)

Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie / Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Da Vinci Code by dre901(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2006
Hi guys,
guess some of us must have heard about this new movie coming out on the 19th of this month called Da Vinci Code.
Pls does anyone ave an idea what this film is trying to pass across to its viewers.

Re: Da Vinci Code by KAG: 11:05pm On May 15, 2006
That late Italian painters like to mess with people's minds, and French people are complex?
Re: Da Vinci Code by hotangel2(f): 11:10pm On May 15, 2006
Jesus was married to mary magdaline (sp?)
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2006
That the church/christianity has been decieving it's congregation for 1800 years about the humanity of Jesus.The movie is about to tell you part of the greatest cover up in history.
Re: Da Vinci Code by mlksbaby(f): 4:29pm On May 16, 2006
If you believe in the Da Vinci Code, you're the one with a cover up story to sell. Christian apologetics aside, what serious historian or art critic worth his or her onions has come up to authentic the claims of the Da Vinci Code?
Re: Da Vinci Code by KAG: 4:34pm On May 16, 2006
jagunlabi:

That the church/christianity has been decieving it's congregation for 1800 years about the humanity of Jesus.The movie is about to tell you part of the greatest cover up in history.

This might help save a lot of explanations, go to your local bookshop, look for the Da Vinci Code book. Now bear in mind most bookshops are divided intofiction and non-fiction sections, take good note of which section the book is in. Now ask your self, would the film be that much different from the book?
Re: Da Vinci Code by mlksbaby(f): 4:47pm On May 16, 2006
Hmmm, sense there, KAG.
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 8:03pm On May 16, 2006
@KAG
The book is based on other books that treated this issue with much more insight and scholarly research.
Books like;
The Templar Revelation
Holy blood,Holy Grail
Woman With The Alabaster Jar
The Nag Hammadi Texts

These are all non-fiction,scholarly works on which DVC was based.
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 8:06pm On May 16, 2006
Ha!You know nothing!You see nothing!What's the point?Keep on being a blind sheep jare!It suits you perfectly.Afterall,"Ignorance is bliss".
mlks_baby:

If you believe in the Da Vinci Code, you're the one with a cover up story to sell. Christian apologetics aside, what serious historian or art critic worth his or her onions has come up to authentic the claims of the Da Vinci Code?
Re: Da Vinci Code by KAG: 9:25pm On May 16, 2006
jagunlabi:

@KAG
The book is based on other books that treated this issue with much more insight and scholarly research.
Books like;
The Templar Revelation
Holy blood,Holy Grail
Woman With The Alabaster Jar
The Nag Hammadi Texts

These are all non-fiction,scholarly works on which DVC was based.

Very loosely and a lot embellished in the name of fiction. Also, a lot of the conclusions and research done by the authors of some of those books, should be taken with a grain of salt.
Re: Da Vinci Code by mlksbaby(f): 3:54am On May 17, 2006
@jagunlabi,

For the bold in my quote that caused you a headache:

mlks_baby:

I only asked you a question, and all you had to offer was to dodge it; so here again: "what serious historian or art critic worth his or her onions has come up to authentic the claims of the Da Vinci Code?" Be so kind as to give me a list of names of historians or art critics to check up.

While you're on that, here's something for you to ponder over from a peep view of the DVC by critics just before the movie hits the big screen in a matter of days (reactions from Cannes movie critics):

|| While readers worldwide devoured the novel, reaction from Cannes critics ranged from mild endorsement of
its potboiler suspense to groans of ridicule over its heavy melodrama.

|| The Cannes audience clearly grew restless as the movie dragged on to two and a half hours and spun a long
sequence of anticlimactic revelations.

Now these are movie critics rather than historians; even so, their reactions weren't all that happy-clappy, were they? And I find it rather amusing that you are undecided and very inconsistent about your campaigns. One day you write off Jesus as a myth, and the next you strenously believe He did exist as long as He's misrepresented in a fictional piece. Do you really have a badge to your sense of being?
Re: Da Vinci Code by baby4u2(f): 6:48pm On May 17, 2006
Dan Brown has clearly stated that "THE DA VINCI CODE" is a book based on fiction. pluz the book was also plagiarized. why would u want to believe a thief? whatz wrong with u jagunlabi? you have choosen to believe it clearly because u have always despised christianity. its like reading the harry porter and saying its a true account of the life of a boy. as for dre you can go ahead and watch the movie its coming out this friday it wont hurt to see it, go there with an unbiased mind sha.
Re: Da Vinci Code by dafizee: 2:53pm On May 18, 2006
The Author and publishers of the book, The producer and director of the movie, and the actor and actresses used are all sick. This is a typical example of psychopaths who are suppose to be in an asylum but are allowed to be with normal people. This is a practical work of the agents of satan. Imagine an idiot telling u that Christ isn't real,

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2006
baby4u2:

why would u want to believe a thief? whatz wrong with u jagunlabi? you have choosen to believe it clearly because u have always despised christianity.
Nothing wrong with me,baby.I don't believe it,and neither do i believe the bible.Afterall,they are both books of fiction,talking about fictitious characters in fictitious events.
Re: Da Vinci Code by KAG: 4:03pm On May 18, 2006
baby4u2:

Dan Brown has clearly stated that "THE DA VINCI CODE" is a book based on fiction. pluz the book was also plagiarized. why would u want to believe a thief? whatz wrong with u jagunlabi? you have choosen to believe it clearly because u have always despised christianity. its like reading the harry porter and saying its a true account of the life of a boy. as for dre you can go ahead and watch the movie its coming out this friday it wont hurt to see it, go there with an unbiased mind sha.

The book wasn't plagarized, some claims in the book were said to have been plagarized.

dafizee:

The Author and publishers of the book, The producer and director of the movie, and the actor and actresses used are all sick.

No they aren't they are mostly healthy.

This is a typical example of psychopaths who are suppose to be in an asylum but are allowed to be with normal people.

Are you projecting?

This is a practical work of the agents of satan. Imagine an idiot telling u that Christ isn't real,

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wll I know someone who hasn't read the book.
Re: Da Vinci Code by baby4u2(f): 4:44pm On May 18, 2006
jagunlabi wrong again, Bible is not fiction. Kag common now i didnt say the whole book but all in all the book is ficticious not true events.
Re: Da Vinci Code by KAG: 5:39pm On May 18, 2006
baby4u2:

jagunlabi wrong again, Bible is not fiction. Kag common now i didnt say the whole book but all in all the book is ficticious not true events.

My bad, sorry.
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 11:12am On May 19, 2006
baby4u2:

jagunlabi wrong again, Bible is not fiction.
And you can't prove that,either.But if you believe that,then that is fine with me.
But as far as i am concerned,THE BIBLE is nothing but a hebreic anthology of myths and legends.
Atleast DVC has a more cohesive storyline.The bible is a completely jumbled up book of fiction that gleefully contradicts itself.
Re: Da Vinci Code by baby4u2(f): 5:12pm On May 19, 2006
jagunlabi wrong again, i can prove it because it has been proven. their are ancient manuscripts that have supported the revelations and stories in the Bible. what is ur own proof that its fiction and not real? there are many stories we believe not because we where present when it happened but because it was passed down from generation to generation. Bible is not fiction i know u have choosen to believe what u want.
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2006
baby4u2:

jagunlabi wrong again, i can prove it because it has been proven. their are ancient manuscripts that have supported the revelations and stories in the Bible. what is your own proof that its fiction and not real? there are many stories we believe not because we where present when it happened but because it was passed down from generation to generation. Bible is not fiction i know u have choosen to believe what u want.
Ancient manuscripts!Hahaha!You're a joker!You want to prove the historical authenticity of the bible with ancient manuscripts!Hahahahaha!Will you be able to prove the authenticity of those manuscripts,baby?I doubt it.
Anybody could've concocted anything on some papyrus,in the ancient times.The ancient jewish priests were known for their glowing fantasies.

What is my own proof?Well let's start with the fact that there are no archaeological finds to proof the historicity of the events in the bible.
Re: Da Vinci Code by mlksbaby(f): 7:25pm On May 19, 2006
@jagunlabi,

jagunlabi:

The ancient jewish priests were known for their glowing fantasies.

With all due respect, common sense does not make for you to talk so brashly against a people whose culture you know nothing about. It would be interesting if you could be fair enough to show just how "the ancient jewish priests were known for their glowing fantacies." Second, since Christianity, Islam, Judaism and some other major religions are not a viable way of life for you, do you care to tell us what informs your own worldview. It's one thing to attack the faith and worldview of others, but at least go one step further to show where you belong.
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 8:31pm On May 19, 2006
With all due respect, common sense does not make for you to talk so brashly against a people whose culture you know nothing about.
And with all due respect,i take it that you know a thing or two about their culture,right?
Second, since Christianity, Islam, Judaism and some other major religions are not a viable way of life for you, do you care to tell us what informs your own worldview
Native african tradition/culture. grin
I am an african,you see,so my worldview will obviously be african. wink
BTW,which one are you?The mighty defender of and aspirer to other cultures?
Re: Da Vinci Code by mlksbaby(f): 9:15pm On May 19, 2006
@jagunlabi

If I knew nothing about them, I wouldn't have asked how you came across such assertions, if not accusations. I know you're in the habit of polarising to just about anybody's sloppy research on the web for "proof" of your position, so it won't be surprising to find that's about all you can do.

Meanwhile, I'm an African as well. What other cultures are you referring to, and what makes them "other cultures"?
Re: Da Vinci Code by baby4u2(f): 1:19am On May 20, 2006
jagunlabi when u can prove that Jesus/the Bible/ and Christianity are fake then laugh even harder. until then your laughing at yourself.
Re: Da Vinci Code by syrup(f): 1:58am On May 20, 2006
He won't prove it - he just can't. At best he'll tell you that it's a myth (and we're not tired of hearing that); then he'll come back to tell you that he strongly believes that this mythical figure called Jesus actually married according to the Gospel of Judas, or according to an 18 year old UK student (Andrew Walker) who wrote a sloppy runaway "research" posted on the web, or he'll next tell you that another one of his "researchers" by the name of Niels Lemche saw something in Deuteronomy and so twisted the Hebrew language you'd suppose Niels escaped from an asylum. . . or something like that.

Jagunlabi enjoys the fun of being neither here nor there - his ATR/ABR has failed him, and like the rest of his crew, the best way to revive his beliefs is not to share his own, but to attack other people's beliefs. Quaint.
Re: Da Vinci Code by jagunlabi(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2006
What is the point in supplying proofs to people who have chosen to remain blind?
Enough evidences have already been provided in other threads on this forum.
Can any of you prove that the bible is not fiction?I guess not.
All you have is your FAITH,which tells you to believe without proven facts whatever you're told.
Re: Da Vinci Code by baby4u2(f): 2:07am On May 22, 2006
jagunlabi:

What is the point in supplying proofs to people who have chosen to remain blind?
Enough evidences have already been provided in other threads on this forum.
Can any of you prove that the bible is not fiction?I guess not.
All you have is your FAITH,which tells you to believe without proven facts whatever you're told.

guess ur blinded also, so whatz the use of providing proof wink
Re: Da Vinci Code by Seun(m): 2:08am On May 22, 2006

(1)

Elucidating The Symbols Used In Daniel & Revelation / Armed Robbery At Canaanland Today! / Is It A Sin?:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.