Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

2 Killed At OOU Student Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest (20133 Views)

Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death / Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague / "mapouka 101 At Oou" Abeg My Fellow Nairanlanders, True Or False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by amurx(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2013
Two student of Olabisi Onabanjo University have been reportedly shot dead with several other
wounded. Following the Ongoing protest about the new introduced policies. The armed police men
came in there numbers as directed by the vice chancellor Prof. Saburi and Gov. Of Ogun state Sen. Ibikunle Amosun and started shooting sporadically at the student whom were conducting their protest peacefully.. so far two students have been shot with several others stranded in the bush of Ago Iwoye...

More update coming soon

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by amurx(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2013
Pic

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by momodub: 2:29pm On May 20, 2013
whats going on, dont we have right to protest in this country or are we still in MILITARY RULE

2 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by ZUBY77(m): 2:30pm On May 20, 2013
The organizers of the protest are not prudent. Nigeria is in a very delicate security situation now. The Soldiers and Police are being killed in large quantities all over the Country.. Katsina, Adamawa, Ombatse, Bayelsa, East and West. They are angry and will not hesitate to show that anger with every little provocation.
Students dont also hold anything near peaceful protest. Here in Nigeria, a larger percentage of students believe they are untouchable especially when they belong to all this petty cults.
I was coming back from Abakiliki to Enugu sometime last year and the students of EBSU blocked the single road to Enugu. I spent over 4 hours inside the car while the army negotiated with them. They broke bottles, pushed sign posts down, harrased passengers and every other thing.
They should not expect kid gloves all the time.

This is a bad time to provoke security operatives

36 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Dogzimalon: 2:30pm On May 20, 2013
i always advice .pls dont be infront at any protest cause these guys no dey care to shoot first and ask questions later
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Decapo: 2:31pm On May 20, 2013
choi!!! wait @op why were the students protesting self
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by israelboy1(m): 2:32pm On May 20, 2013
Hmm, protesters protesting
damages not seen,
harm not seen,
just shouting and screaming,
vice chancellor call governor,
governor call DPO,
DPO call general,
general call army
army hear go but no come
army see students, fear fear,
student see army fear fear
army fear because student fear
army carry gun wanted to shoot air
gun waka, mis road meet student
student shout yeeeeeeeee, milk like blood dey come out
student fall, others tear race
one shouting, this one no be season film, me no fit wait.
Students run comot from school
and thats the end of the story.

Father, save us all

25 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 20, 2013
I still don't understand this our country! Students that are protesting are being shot at (peaceful or violent protest)! It's just crazy! Why should the VC involve armed police men? what happened to using rubber bullets or baton sticks? I don taya for this country! Very soon now, the Police spokesperson for the state will soon release a press statement saying the police officers felt threatened and shot at the students in self-defense. undecided

In fact, i'm raging inside me now!!!!

Why........why..........why...........why all this unwarranted killings by the Nigerian Police.........Why? undecided

Na for Students and law abiding citizens them get power....but when thieves appear, they'll remove uniform and run.....see as they mumu themselves and were slaughtered in Nassarawa by Ombatse cult members.....since that incident, the Police haven't gone to arrest any1 cos they've met their mates....but innocent students that are the future leaders of this country are wasted everyday by "trigger happy cops"!!!

The VC (dat invited the police) and the Police CP that released the men should not be spared! angry

Where are all you CLOs....una no go talk now because there's no financial gain in this struggle undecided

6 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 20, 2013
sad
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Anabaraonyepete(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2013
wow.. rip...[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] sad
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 20, 2013
Chei
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Artistree: 2:36pm On May 20, 2013
Human life in Nigeria has become cheaper than a satchet of pure water.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by SincereBigot: 2:36pm On May 20, 2013
[size=30pt]JONATHAN IS IN TROUBLE[/size]

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Ideasroole: 2:37pm On May 20, 2013
OOU shaaaaaa!!!
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 20, 2013
I DONE TOLD YALL THAT THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SORROWS. EXPECT MANY MORE. THIS IS JUDGEMENT PERIOD. THE KINGDOM COMETH AMIDST MUCH BLOODSHED AND DEATH AND CLEANSING. OBAMA WILL BE THE LAST PRESIDENT OF AMERICA BEFORE THE KINGDOM COMETH. I WILL LET YALL FIGURE OUT THE TIMELINE WE HAVE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO BE DESTROYED WITHIN THAT SHORT TIME-LINE. OF COURSE THE MAJOR DESTRUCTION WILL TAKE PLACE IN ARMAGEDDON. BUT IT HAS STARTED. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE FRONTPAGE

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by DJDOLA(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2013
Just like that..ogaooo
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by cold(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2013
Hmmm...

2 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by dplomaticVal: 2:40pm On May 20, 2013
N d reasn 4 dia protest ws wt undecided
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2013
What are these students protesting for?

Moreover, this people which are paid to serve as our security and protection are the ones killing and destroying our properties. When is Nigeria going to flush out this hell?

It was once Aluu4, followed by Nassarawa 4 and now OOU2.

We need national student protest.

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by batstan(m): 2:42pm On May 20, 2013
Dogzimalon: i always advice .pls dont be infront at any protest cause these guys no dey care to shoot first and ask questions later
If we all sit at the who will lead? You are just pathetic

2 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by mike404(m): 2:42pm On May 20, 2013
OSU NA SCHOOL

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2013
One of the reasons Ombatse boastfully eliminated 61 of them the other day. Police spews hatred because of their incompetencies.
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by fuckluv(f): 2:43pm On May 20, 2013
See what these evil people who parade themselves as policemen are doing to students! When it comes to robbery gang now they become jellyfish. These villainous acts by these stupid thieves called policemen should not be handled with leniency. How i wish they would all be wiped out by the robbers since they are no better than them.

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by AAAdam(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2013
amurx: started shooting sporadically at the student whom were conducting their protest peacefully..

More update coming soon
If na peaceful protest you will see police @ their front or any securety agents. And they have to tell security agencies about their protest. While be their souls rest in peace.
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by SincereBigot: 2:44pm On May 20, 2013
ZUBY77: The organizers of the protest are not prudent. Nigeria is in a very delcate security situation now. The Soldiers and Polce are being killed in large quantities all over the Country.. Katsina, Adamawa, Ombatse, Bayelsa, East and West. They are angry and will not hesitate to show that anger with every little provocation.
Students dont also hold anything near peaceful protest. Here in Nigeria, a larger percentage of students believe they are untouchable especially when they belong to all this petty cults.
I was coming back from Abakiliki to Enugu sometime last year and the students of EBSU blocked the single road to Enugu. I spent over 4 hours inside the car while the army negotiated with them. They brole bottles, pushed sign posts down, harrased passengers and every other thing.
They should not expect kid gloves all the time.
[size=20pt]so what exactly is your point??[/size]

5 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Pacesetter2: 2:44pm On May 20, 2013
Chai...but please tell us the policies that brought this up

Hope no be EKSU package dey wan do
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by abatajjvii: 2:47pm On May 20, 2013
democracy, i fear cry
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Jaideyone(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2013
obadiah777: I DONE TOLD YALL THAT THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SORROWS. EXPECT MANY MORE. THIS IS JUDGEMENT PERIOD. THE KINGDOM COMETH AMIDST MUCH BLOODSHED AND DEATH AND CLEANSING. OBAMA WILL BE THE LAST PRESIDENT OF AMERICA BEFORE THE KINGDOM COMETH. I WILL LET YALL FIGURE OUT THE TIMELINE WE HAVE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO BE DESTROYED WITHIN THAT SHORT TIME-LINE. OF COURSE THE MAJOR DESTRUCTION WILL TAKE PLACE IN ARMAGEDDON. BUT IT HAS STARTED. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE FRONTPAGE
aint u suppose to be in a mental hospital? undecided

8 Likes

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by 2gbasky22(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2013
Jst passing
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
aint u supposed to be in a mental hospital? undecided
grin grin LWTMB

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course / Another Male Student In Tears As His Girlfriend Dumps Her (Video) / Moses Isah: 200-Level ATBU Student Declared Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.