Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

New Frsc Driver's License - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Frsc Driver's License (22798 Views)

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Frsc Driver's License by Kinikini: 3:52pm On May 20, 2013
Can you share your experiences on getting the new FRSC driver's license. How would you rate FRSC on the convenience of the process and the manner the driver's license scheme have fared so far.

Let's share and give FRSC constructive feedbacks.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Mueeze(m): 6:29pm On May 20, 2013
Kinikini: Can you share your experiences on getting the new FRSC driver's license. How would you rate FRSC on the convenience of the process and the manner the driver's license scheme have fared so far.

Let's share and give FRSC constructive feedbacks.

I want to get mine for the first time. i dont know how to go about it. i went to their site, and there is no room for first timers, only renewal. How am I to go about it?
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 20, 2013
Have gotten mine.... Damn! It was so stressful, I fell ill for two days after the whole exercise... First , go to FRSC office at Ojodu, after Omole phase 2. And ask any of the officers at the gate to direct you to the main quarters where the form is collected. Then talk to one of the officers at the main quarters they will tell you , processes on how to go about it... But be ready to wait in different queues for long long hours, and u will go through two different eye tests, also a driving test....and a short exam about driving codes. If u pass the test, lucky you, then the next crucial stage of Capture comes up...which u must be there before 7am... Anything after 7am for Capture? U are on your own.. That day of capture is another stressful day on its own ... Be ready to spend the whole day there.. At the end of that day, u will be given another 3 months to come take a picture, with your finger prints taken...and other datas, be ready also to spend another full day there...
See queues, u go bow nah.... Every appointment day, they attend to 250 people , on every appointment day... The driver license is honestly for the Brave hearts !......
Omo, I fell ill after the last lap... Am still regaining myself since those fateful weeks. sad cry
But at last, I av an Authentic driver license...
Beginners and renewals can go to Ojodu headquarter , FRSC...
Best of luck, cause anyone going there, really need all the luck they can lay their hands on...
Lemme take my remaining blood tonic... sad

24 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Kinikini: 11:48am On May 21, 2013
In year 2013, must Citizens go through this stress for driver's license?

6 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by sunnypiano: 12:44pm On May 21, 2013
can the officers in road safety pass the exam also.we make life
difficult in this country for ourself.yet that will not solve the problem.

2 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by bfmconcepts: 2:27pm On May 21, 2013
It's high time we begin to explore other states.
This thing can be done in Ogun and Oyo State.
I did mine in ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Burger01(m): 3:26pm On May 21, 2013
bfmconcepts: It's high time we begin to explore other states.
This thing can be done in Ogun and Oyo State.
I did mine in ogun state.

Please, how was the process in Ogun State and which part of Ogun State? Thanks.

sad

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Kinikini: 3:54pm On May 21, 2013
Folks, It just does not speak good about FRSC as a progressive parastatal in this age. There are backlog in most states of the SW but I don't know about states outside SW. Imagine the driver's license is valid for 3 yrs and it has taken some people over a year still without getting the chance to take the computer data picture talkless of getting the license.
How would people not patronise quacks. Has FRSC set up the new driver's license to fail like the previous ones and to enrich the fakers?

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by imsuboi(m): 5:43pm On May 21, 2013
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 21, 2013
A drivers licence in sharjah, uae take 10 months with around N400k in naira.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Decapo: 5:50pm On May 21, 2013
se i wan collect anoda car with the license ni
illitrate: A drivers licence in sharjah, uae take 10 months with around N400k in naira.

4 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by wales(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2013
Got my in Abuja for 7k !
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by kelvincoll(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2013
Not a pleasant experience at all... where FRSC and VIO are more like competiting for relevance.

2 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by groovie(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2013
Kinikini: Folks, It just does not speak good about FRSC as a progressive parastatal in this age. There are backlog in most states of the SW but I don't know about states outside SW. Imagine the driver's license is valid for 3 yrs and it has taken some people over a year still without getting the chance to take the computer data picture talkless of getting the license.
How would people not patronise quacks. Has FRSC set up the new driver's license to fail like the previous ones and to enrich the fakers?

the major problem of the new drivers licence stems from the states bir and vio
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by onandon: 5:57pm On May 21, 2013
It has been over 2 months since I paid for a new license, I passed all the tests and was directed to an office to get a "capture" date. I went to the FRSC office and asked the young man there for the procedure to get a capture date, he pointed to 2 numbers on the wall ( 08033927892 and 08066067903) and asked me to call any of the numbers to get a date. I have been calling for 2 months now,one day a lady answered the phone and asked I call back in a months time, I was shocked. Fast forward 2 months, I have been calling the numbers but the phone keeps ringing and no one ever answers, I have had my completed forms and receipt with me for 2 months, this is very frustrating. What kind of country is this ? like seriously !!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by chelseabmw(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2013
onandon: It has been over 2 months since I paid for a new license, I passed all the tests and was directed to an office to get a "capture" date. I went to the FRSC office and asked the young man there for the procedure to get a capture date, he pointed to 2 numbers on the wall ( 08033927892 and 08066067903) and asked me to call any of the numbers to get a date. I have been calling for 2 months now,one day a lady answered the phone and asked I call back in a months time, I was shocked. Fast forward 2 months, I have been calling the numbers but the phone keeps ringing and no one ever answers, I have had my completed forms and receipt with me for 2 months, this is very frustrating. What kind of country is this ? [/b]like seriously !!!!!!!!!!

[b]
The name of the country is NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Sotty05(f): 6:04pm On May 21, 2013
Not stressful in bayelsa state...just go to their licencing office,pay,get ur receipt,fill a form, they capture ur image ,give u an authorised letter u can use in driving,within 1wk you can pick up the temporary licence and by 3months u get ur permanent licence.no eye test ,no hurdles..no bank payments too cus they made theirs 9k so 2k can enter their pockets. grin
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by zolajpower: 6:06pm On May 21, 2013
PLEAS HOW MUCH IS THE RENEWAL OF TH DRIVERS LICENCE
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by olajide8(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2013
I may have to digress a bit.
Its crazy and dirty, some people always look for an avenue to make small bucks show *territorialism* and useless importance because they wear uniform, they harass the law abiding ones that for just some certain difficult reasons are struggling to make ends meet just because of these plastic licenses which are not acceptable in even, cotonou.
Secondly the process is too time consuming in abuja you have to get there very early by 9am and wait till 11am/12noon to start the process, its totally impossible for you to steal some minutes to do it.
Thirdly its to damn expensive N7,000, they have turned themselves into a revenue earner for the government, *which cannot be found in the law creating them* what is the problem of our so called nigerian political and executive class, I ask do things have to always be difficult, in this country we already have sufficiently enough challenges to be faced with more challenges where there shouldn't be any.

3 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Sijo01(f): 6:30pm On May 21, 2013
10-20 names (depends) are put together monthly, FRSC official are invited, they comes with forms; forms filled and given back to them with cash, days later they call to say, come over on 'an agreed date(s)' for the necessary processes (test, finger prints, physical capture) etc. Temporary license given. When the original's ready, they call to inform and collection follows.

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by kachy: 6:37pm On May 21, 2013
I think owerri has a peculiar problem.after the whole process and u're issued with the temporary license that lasts for two months, u go back to them only to be told to photocopy it, an officer then stamps on d photocopy and writes that it has been extended for another 2months and it just keeps happenin like dat as if the original never comes for people in owerri.mine has been like dat for about 6months now.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by kachy: 6:37pm On May 21, 2013
I think owerri has a peculiar problem.after the whole process and u're issued with the temporary license that lasts for two months, u go back to them only to be told to photocopy it, an officer then stamps on d photocopy and writes that it has been extended for another 2months and it just keeps happenin like dat as if the permanent one never comes for people in owerri.mine has been like dat for about 6months now.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Dukechimi: 6:39pm On May 21, 2013
The process is blood sucking. I've been been using a temporal license since October 2012. Since then come 2day, come 2mrw. I dey use d rubbish like dat. [i][/i]Reporting from Asaba

2 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by toskut(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2013
Omo, na wa oh.

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by o4diley: 6:50pm On May 21, 2013
What are the processes for renewal?...
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by tgbaba(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2013
wales: Got my in Abuja for 7k !
Osanobua !!! Like seriously, for renewal or first time. One guy bin dey tell me say make I bring 16k for here. Abeg clarify b4 I break smone's head O

2 Likes

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by jossy26: 7:02pm On May 21, 2013
You guys should free lagos jare, its already too populated, let's explore other states; I did mine in ogun state and it was quite easy, paid 6300 in sterling bank.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Haslad(m): 7:06pm On May 21, 2013
WHY EVERYTHING IN SO CALLED NIGERIA, IS FRUSTRATING TO ITS CITIZENS BUT,TO SHARE THE NATIONAL CAKE,
ITS VERY EASY FOR OUR LEADERS.....GOD WILL DELIVER US FROM THEM.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by tundeOjo: 7:09pm On May 21, 2013
In my case, i was quite lucky that my previous driver's license which expired sometime in feb was authentic which they confirmed at the frsc office in ojodu. . .so instead of paying 12k or so like i was just registering afresh. . .i paid 6000+ . . and did only the written test.. . .unlike the freshers who were told to take the driving test. Spent approximately 2hrs at their office...and did i mention? i went on a saturday..
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by tunax5loon(m): 7:09pm On May 21, 2013
zolajpower: PLEAS HOW MUCH IS THE RENEWAL OF TH DRIVERS LICENCE

i think it is almost the same price and process
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by splashbaby(m): 7:12pm On May 21, 2013
Kinikini: In year 2013, must Citizens go through this stress for driver's license?
In the spirit of the fresh air! Unbanned finally...Skillz watch your back grin
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by kokoye(m): 7:12pm On May 21, 2013
Things are getting better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Unveils Its Self-driving E-palette Delivery Pod / Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.