Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid (15312 Views)

Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison / Bright Dike Celebrates With Yonger Sister, Courtney Over World Cup Final / Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by lanreabbey(m): 9:03pm On May 20, 2013
i wonder this so call Law....,Definitely u are chasing away people from dis site.,Total Rubbish
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 9:05pm On May 20, 2013
successking: Pls GEJ, hear him out
and sponsor the fight abi ?what happens if he goes into coma after the fight , we will all come here to be calling gej clueless and retardeen ,

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 20, 2013
Jeeeezzzz is it not bash_ali I knew sinx wen I was an infant? Nawa oooo wat made him so broke to the extent of been a gateman Wen he was vewi famous he dint manage his income verry well naw look @ were he his today a gateman uhmmmm issokay
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Cornel88(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2013
Dewze: See how Nigerians think one-sidedly. We just dont want to see the bigger picture.
If this were to be a white community this man wld be supported by the people (however old he may be). This is because they wld know in the back of their mind tht this man even though it seems tht he is fighting for himself, in the real sense he is fighting for something much bigger.
When (if) some day some of u who ve jocked on this man's expense wld ve the cause to run to the Government for help and you get ignored then u wld see the significance of his actions.

The blacks and other ethnic groups in America did not over whelmingly vote for Obama simply because he was handsome and charismatic. They voted for him because they knew tht tht was d chance they had to brake tht jinxs and open the way for evry other tribes to take a surer shot at leadership in America.
This man Bash Ali is not fighting for himself alone he is fighting (unknowingly maybe) for the liberty of U and I.
Think outside the box Nigeria.
My brother, tell me one person, whos name is in guiness book of records that was sponsored by the govt of his or her country. He is just being funny.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 20, 2013
He should fight with one ofde klitcko brothers so that they will end his career. I think this guy is broke
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2013
no wife ,no children , no house , no property , former world champion yet he is broke ,
awon aiye dey follow this man undecided undecided
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Dewze(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2013
For one, the Government had already made a commitment to the fight in the first place. The man is simply asking tht they honor their word.

Secondly, the man is not saying he wants to fight and beat the klicthko brothers. All he asking for is a chance (for a Nigerian) to be in the Guiness book as 'the oldest man to fight in a ring' whether he wins or looses.

The general assumption tht he is going to die on the ring is all tht it is 'an assumption'.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Akiika: 9:30pm On May 20, 2013
Seriously, is anybody thinking right in Nigeria again? wetin concern the already clueless Govt with some stupid fight to achieve a personal record? But can you blame the old senile man wey dem don punch all the right thinking faculty of his brain finish, when able bodied men are paid for doing nothing all in the name of amnesty. Even TuFace get wedding present from a state govt., so why wouldn't a boxer think it is the responsibility of the Govt to host a bout?
Bash Ali should stop this gateman nonsense and rather make a reasonable presentation to corporations (GLO, GTB, Dangote...e.t.c, perhaps he may be lucky. How much of tax did he pay from the earnings of previous fights?

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2013
Dewze:
All he asking for is a chance (for a Nigerian) to be in the Guiness book as 'the oldest man to fight in a ring' whether he wins or looses.
he is asking to be the first oldest man to die in the ring

Dewze:

The general assumption tht he is going to die on the ring is all tht it is 'an assumption'.
a very very strong assumption,do u know how old this man is ?i doubt it if his kidneys can survive heavy serious punches as they used to and more why should govt spend money to stage a fight they are sure the guy will lose,when that money is enough to set him up or should i say rehabilitate the man
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by wale50cent: 9:43pm On May 20, 2013
ITbomb: When lizard dey for road dey dance . . .
I wonder who is pushing this man to his grave

abi ooo
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by chidexy(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2013
who is he going to fight? Mr. Ibu, Saka or Charlie Boy?
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 9:54pm On May 20, 2013
chidexy: who is he going to fight? Mr. Ibu, Saka or Charlie Boy?
salawa abeni grin grin
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by docadams: 11:49pm On May 20, 2013
Why all the hulaballoo? If he enters the ring to fight, he enters the guiness book of records: if he wins, he enters the guiness book of records: if he looses, guiness book will record him: if he draws the fight, his name will be there: if he DIES while fighting, he would have set a record never to be broken because sports regulatory bodies and governments will ban geriatic boxing forever.
So, it is a win win situation.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by 1shortblackboy: 12:02am On May 21, 2013
maryjames9: You get Government? Where dem? Oh,those ones for Rock Aso,abi na Aso Rock? Those old men went to represent their pockets and family,not you. Again,this man deserves attention from his government. He has served the nation well, won titles for his country. Now,he want to cap his career with this "historic fight",except if there's something i'm yet to read,he deserves to be listened to by his president like most normal nation. I guess ours is obviously abnormal. We'l rather pump billions to build a house for First lady,have minister made deal of 56triln than spend millions to hold a fight so desperately important to a common Bash Ali. Do we even "give a damn" about each other b4? FG should listen to him as a citizen as they should to any man out there.
come wetin u mean sef is d govt. Supposeed to sponsor every individual's private pursuit ?
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by chukxie(m): 1:01am On May 21, 2013
The man has his eyes set on achieving a certain goal and he'll do all he can to try and achieve it. It's called believing in oneself. It's better to have a goal and pursue it than being stuck on inertia mode!

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by lastpage: 5:26am On May 21, 2013
wilxz: Nigerian attitude towards anytin progressive is disheartening, its only in nigeria that you write a letter following the normal protocol writing through the necessary offices to who u want to address it to, and still follow up the letter bumper to bumper, if not, one lazy oga dat d letter has to pass through will just throw the letter by d side or into d bin.
In fact, one should ask: How is this man's "progress" supposed to be a sort of wahala for those in power that they are hell-bent on denying him (and the country at large), such honor?

At times, Nigerians can be their own worst enemy.

If it is Oyinbo-man doing this to Bash Alli now, we will all shout "Racism" but imagine the extent he has gone to, to see this happen and yet.... one "Oga-at-the-top" has decided to sit on the man's destiny!

Shame on them, if Bash Alli is prevented from realizing his dream.

Lastpage!
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by koolbe(m): 7:32am On May 21, 2013
The guy is a certified fraud
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 8:27am On May 21, 2013
I really wish this man could be heard...we are the ones killing ourselves in this country, the man's gaze is fixed on his goal and you guys are saying nonsense.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Lilimax(f): 9:36am On May 21, 2013
onatisi: no wife ,no children , no house , no property , former world champion yet he is broke ,
awon aiye dey follow this man undecided undecided
Yeah, I remember those days in late 90's when he used to come and visit his elder sister Alhaja at Iponri, he was still rich them but he womanizes a lot. He was living in one hotel at Isolo.
If he cannot afford a house of his own by now, too bad sad.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by nwabumalyahoo: 10:08am On May 21, 2013
i think GEJ have more to worry than this guy Bashir Ali
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 10:18am On May 21, 2013
Lilimax:
Yeah, I remember those days in late 90's when he used to come and visit his elder sister Alhaja at Iponri, he was still rich them but he womanizes a lot. He was living in one hotel at Isolo.
If he cannot afford a house of his own by now, too bad sad.
i heard he even went to libya at one time ,but he should be asking for now is to be employed by the boxing federation or sports ministry as a boxing coach but i doubt if their salary can sustain is life style
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Melancholy(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2013
This man is a big disgrace cos where is the money he owned then during his reigning period?
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by blackbeau1(f): 11:33am On May 21, 2013
he may actually make guinness books of record for the wrong reasons - the oldest man to die in the boxing ring. i hope he has bought his coffin and prepared the details for his burial? mr bash ali, dont allow poverty drive you to your death oh.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by nonjebose(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2013
What percentage of this money goes to Bash. He should think of helping younger boxers if he needs help.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by excondido(m): 5:07pm On May 23, 2013
batstan: yeah! and u better see a doc before it gets out of med reach

where did u crawl from?
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by juman(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2013
Hope one blow seven die from opponent would not send him to grave on the ring. grin
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by shyvicky: 2:50pm On May 30, 2013
wise_many2k:

Dis same old baba will beat u silly and remove ur front teeth tongue
the man said he want the fight to be staged in the country,that implies that he uses juju and his juju cant leave the country,,and he never went far
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by RisMas(m): 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
lol, i thought they said GEJ honoured this man grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keshi Makes Changes As Aluko, Lawal, Oshaniwa Start Against Sudan / Golden Chance Lotto Launches Online Play Website / Karate And Self Defence Club...now Accepting Students 08028297971

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.