Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi (144035 Views)

The Afro Sushi / A Nigerian Story As Never Told Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 7:17pm On May 20, 2013
EPisode 1

Omolade Williams didn’t like the name she was given right from primary school. Afin. That name made her feel worse than the meaning itself and she went through Our Lady of Apostles bearing the nickname just for her to realize that it wasn’t a name that was going to drown out pretty soon.

Before long, Aunt Shade, Sister Bisi and Sister Rolake adapted the name and even Mum didn’t find anything wrong with it.
She never found anything wrong with Aunty Shade as she was the first daughter. Infact, she boasted sometimes she was old enough to give birth to her since she was blessed with two kids and a dashing black and bold husband.
The kind of husband women swooned for.
Uncle Dotun.

He was the only one who called her Molade and She liked him for it although his wife didn’t still see it as a propellant that would make her change her mind.

Afin was Afin.

Afin was a fair girl. Infact, the only fair child in the family and she laughed when her aunt crooned her primary school fairytale. ‘’Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Molade Omotoke Afin oroyo is the fairest of them all.’’

Ever since she was 10, that was Aunt Shade’s lullaby for her and her teasing song, and soon she got used to it. it made her feel special in some sort of way most especially when boys started glancing her way once she got admission into Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School in Lagos. It was an only girls’ school but that didn’t stop the boys in the neighbourhood from passing her notes and praising her for her beauty.

It was then she realized she wasn’t as ‘Afin’ as she thought. She was very fair no doubt, but had traits of albinism in her which enhanced her beauty. Number of times, she heard girls in school calling her mammy water most especially when they noticed the number of boys that looked her way when she went home with her friends. Her hair was black and curly, she had fair and smooth skin and her eyes exuded a form of glow although it was hard to know if she was looking at you directly sometimes.

So she wasn’t completely albino.’’ She took comfort in that fact and moved on in life into the University of Lagos.
And that was when the scandal happened that led her mother decide she would be staying with her big sister.

Aunt Shade.

After her first semester in the University, it was then a particular lecturer in school decided to lay eyes on her and it was during one of his wooing sessions with her in his office and his wife barged in and almost disgraced her husband and reported Afin to her mother.

Her father was the popular and famous but late though his extended family was not. Infact they still interfered with the affairs of the family and that was how the wife of the promiscuous lecturer knew the girl she was dealing with.
Omolade Williams, Child of Late Chief Williams.

Mrs Adesanmi was a close friend of the family and knew where to go to disgrace Omolade further.
Her mother.

“you better tell that your mammy water daughter to stay off my husband Mrs Williams o!’’ she yelled while Shade, Bisi and Rolake had stayed watching her quietly wondering what Afin had done this time.
“e ma binu ma. Ejo ma’’ Mrs Williams pleaded.

“that girl will disgrace you one day no doubt! I’m sure my husband will not be her first victim that she would claw upon and take it to their kingdom. Ashewo omo! Omo alai nitiju! Oko oloko lo wun abi? Like father like daughter.’’
That was when Shade spoke up. she rarely did but the woman was passing her boundary and she wouldn’t watch her insulting her mother because there was no man to defend her.

Another reason why Chief had married other wives.

“abeg, park well ma! Ke de so ara yin gan!’’ She raised her hand to put the woman off. ‘’you come here making noise about my sister as if she pinned your husband to the Chair to seduce him. that your husband that goes about sleeping with girls before giving marks. You think he’s one saint or because I didn’t tell you he threatened me too when I was in school ba? Please, remove the log from your eyes before removing others you hear!’’

The woman swallowed saliva with difficulty before Bisi, the tomboy out of the girls present took over.

“your time here has expired, please leave.’’
“what? Me?’’ she looked at their mother. ‘’Mrs Williams, you allow your children to talk back at me anyhow’’

But the woman was too tired to talk back. She just watched the drama unfolding before her eyes.
Shade clapped after her. ‘’leave madam!! And go and face your husband.’’

The woman fumed and gave Shade the eye before grabbing her bag from the chair and storming out of the house.
Mrs Williams sighed while Afin closed the door which she had been peeping through and ran to her room pretending to be asleep.

Aunt Shade would come in anytime and that was another session of interrogation.

Aunt Shade would believe her. she always did. She was her best aunt because she was the only one that understood her and knew what she was capable of.
She would never sleep with another man’s wife, but she was capable of being the anonymous caller that called Mrs Adesami so that she could catch the man red-handed.

She chuckled into her pillow. Wait till the others came inside to hear the full gist.

An hour later, it was only Aunt Shade that came inside, but not with the others.

“you’re coming to live with me.’’ she had a straight face

Afin looked up in surprise. Something most definitely had gone wrong.

for continuity, check here www.glowingscenes.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Mynd44: 9:02pm On May 20, 2013
For our sakes, please adjust the settings
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 9:44pm On May 20, 2013
winkdone! tanx for the correction

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Mynd44: 9:48pm On May 20, 2013
Better.
+1
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Joy4mi(f): 12:03pm On May 23, 2013
nice story. i also luv ur blog.well done.pls update ur blog on time and notify us here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 3:39pm On May 23, 2013
Joy4mi: nice story. i also luv ur blog.well done.pls update ur blog on time and notify us here
No problem..
A new episode comes up on my blog every monday so just stay tuned...
Tanx for checking my blog out by the way
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Joy4mi(f): 4:01pm On May 24, 2013
glowingscenes:
No problem..
A new episode comes up on my blog every monday so just stay tuned...
Tanx for checking my blog out by the way
u are welcome. its always a pleasure.
cheers
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 7:16pm On May 25, 2013
Chocolates and Sushi--EPISODE 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by rofemiguwa(f): 8:32am On May 26, 2013
Hope u have also update on ur blog angry lovely story.now I can join two n two couldn't fing 2 on ur blog.had to skip n continue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:01pm On May 26, 2013
rofemiguwa: Hope u have also update on ur blog angry lovely story.now I can join two n two couldn't fing 2 on ur blog.had to skip n continue

awwww babe!!! mabinu jor...no vex abeg...its easy now. all you have to do is just scroll down when you get to my blog and you'll see the episodes. the Category is in Chocolates and Sushi or you could also check my monthly archives. that will help you better.

I have other series on the blog that you can indulge yourself in anytime
tanx love for the time.

I update every monday on my blog for this particular series because it requires so much thinking time and work to produce a good episode without loop holes hanging everywhere.
thanks once again kiss
will be posting it here for you guys too so that in case you cant still get across, you'll get it here
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:41pm On May 26, 2013
Episode 3

‘’Mr amazing eyes’’ apologized. ‘’sorry if I made you uncomfortable in there.’’

Good thing he knew what he had done and how to apologize but he hadn’t done anything wrong. He had only been looking at her and she was secretly flattered

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by luvmijeje(f): 7:20pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Batty5(f): 3:25pm On May 27, 2013
Pls ur blog address i can't find it
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Joy4mi(f): 4:18pm On May 27, 2013
alrite welldone done. i just finished reading episode 6 and it was really a gooud read all the way.
but ur suspense GLOW sad
no prpoblems i will wait till nxt week.
cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 7:37pm On May 28, 2013
@joy, tanx dearie!!
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 9:07pm On May 28, 2013
Episode 4

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Tinu02(f): 4:10pm On May 31, 2013
wow! Really enjoyed every bit of it thumb up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Joy4mi(f): 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
hi GLOWING GLOWsmiley
got ur pm and i'm really grinning as if i av won a jackpot.
i no fit vex for u o.notin do u my sista.
RIde on to d top,i'm rite behind ya.
*winks*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Tinu-02:
wow! Really enjoyed every bit of it thumb up
thanks tinu dear...for the continuation, you can check out my blog oo
www.glowingscenes.
i update a new episode weekly
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by teeluv(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2013
you haven't updated for this week on nairaland ooo.. we are wwaiting..
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by princesa(f): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
been following the tale of the four sisters, keep it up, love Bisi and her boss saga too

till next week thensmiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by MsSpaqs(f): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
It's beta 2 continue d story on her blog,she's already on d 7th episode

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Episode 5

She dropped the bowl and turned sharply.
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
princesa: been following the tale of the four sisters, keep it up, love Bisi and her boss saga too

till next week thensmiley

Ms spaqs is right pricesa!!! im already on d 7th episode on my blog..heheh
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
Episode 6
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by oyestephen(m): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
Uncle dotun needs to be flogged...jealous yemi pedro, though i see bisi ending up in his arms.
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
looool
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
Epi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by IzyLuv(f): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
I dunno bout others but i've read upto chapter 9 on ur blog.....

I've been a vey silent follower but i've always wanted to tell you...

**life afterwards2*** was d push i needed to make certain decisions in my Life...

Imagine if u can, d biggest Thank you there is... Thats how much i thank you...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
IzyLuv: I dunno bout others but i've read upto chapter 9 on ur blog.....

I've been a veey silent follower but i've always wanted to tell you...

**life afterwards2*** was d push i needed to make certain decisions in my Life...

Imagine if u can, d biggest Thank you there is... Thats how much i thank you...

awwwwwwwwwwwww...for real? hugs you big time!!!! im glad it helped. really glad it did...
lots of love! muah!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Ice4jez(m): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2013
girl u re very good.when do u update in ur blog

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Ariyke: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
My love for u just increased to infinitum kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.