Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' (10934 Views)

Throwback Picture Of OPC Leader, Gani Adams Back In The Days / Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by fkaz(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2013
Emma Amaize and Akpokona Omafuaire
WARRI – FOUNDER of the Niger-Delta People Volunteer Front, NPDVF, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, has declared that he was ready, bullet for bullet, for those who want to stop President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.
He stated this in Warri, weekend, just as the founder of the OoduaPeople’s Congress, OPC, Dr. Frederick Fasehun , said nobody can stop President Goodluck Jonathan from contesting for a second term in 2015, assuring the South-West geo-political zone would support him.
Both men spoke at a memorial public event in Warri, Delta state, for the late Ijaw hero, Major Isaac Jasper Adaka-Boro.
According to Dokubo-Asari, “We have to demand what belongs tous, 2015 is not about Jonathan, but about our destiny, if you allow them, they will crush you when they come. I am ready for them bullet for bullet.”
He said the battle line for self- determination has been drawn, as the people of the region would no longer accept being second- class to the people of the North.
His words, “The battle line is drawn, if our representatives in Abuja are trading off our destinies we will not accept it. The enemies are at the doorstep waiting to pounce, having NDDC, ministerial and
ambassadorial positions are not enough, we want to control our resources.
“When the enemies come with their gun to shoot you down, I will also hold a gun to fight back, the day will come, they will come foryou, there is no sitting on the fence. When they come, they won’t
differentiate between Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Isoko, Anioma, Edo, and other ethnic nations,” he asserted
Dokubo-Asari said he was not afraid or ashamed to support Jonathan who is from the Niger Delta, stressing that he supported Abacha government, so why not Jonathan who is a fellow Ijaw man.
“The oil belongs to us in the Niger Delta, don’t be ashamed to stand up for your right, I supported Abacha, so why won’t I support Jonathan, the North have that mentality of born to rule but we are
saying no it has changed.”
He warned those sending threatening bulk sms to him that, “Theyuse bulk sms to send me message that I will die but they don’t know that I am ‘Edi-abali’ (he who kills in the night). We celebrate Boro because he doesn’t believe that dialogue will give you freedom but freedom comes through the barrel of the gun.”
Dokubo-Asari took a swipe at the amnesty programme, saying, “There are those who went to the creek for other businesses, amnesty is a stigma, an enemy will never give you what is good, I challenged it by going to the court. You will be walking on the street and they brand you a criminal because amnesty is for criminals, we are freedom fighters, and so, we can’t be part of amnesty.”
He declared, “We have to demand what belongs to us, 2015 is not about Jonathan, but about our destiny, if you allow them they will crush you when they come. I am ready for them bullet for bullet.”
“Every rich man that is from this region is a threat to them, which is why they use their man to crumble many of the banks owned by the southern people. Jonathan has given Nomadic and Almajirieducation to the North, which is amnesty for them, a lot of things are being taken for granted before now but we won’t take it,” he said.
Fasehun, OPC leader decried the call for the arrest of Niger-Deltaactivist, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, over his comments on Jonathan’s re-election, saying those calling for his arrest were misguided.
His words, “Since the constitution guarantees Goodluck Jonathan two terms, which Jupiter can deny him the privilege?”
“Those who condemn Dokubo for his statement, where were theywhen the likes of Atiku Abubakar, Adamu Ciroma and Muhammadu Buhari swore to make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan win the presidential election in 2011?
“Why are these commentators not pointing fingers correctly, nowthat the foot-soldiers of these evil and belligerent politicians havecaptured governance and turned public worship into suicide mission? He said.
He further queried, “Where are these armchair critics now that the whole North is burning with bomb blasts and shootings and the corpses of young Southerners and Christians are being shipped back home for burial?
He added. “It is in this spirit that we fully throw our weight behindthe State of Emergency that President Jonathan has declared in the three states. It was long overdue. Our only quarrel is with the
retaining of the Governors and Legislators in their positions.”
“However, the emergency rule leaves no one in doubt that Jonathan is not only the President but also the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
Also speaking, Comrade Miabiye Kuromiema, President, Ijaw Youth Council, stated that the creation of Nigeria in 1914 was on
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nobody-can-stop-jonathan-fasehun-opc-founder/

3 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 11:28am On May 21, 2013
Fasehun might be a small voice from the West, but I think it is enough to make vibrate across Nigeria.

Time will tell, but I still think that Tinubu has goofed big time. Thought I still think we might stage a comeback at the dying minutes.

3 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by tomakint: 11:50am On May 21, 2013
I, Tomakint, a Yoruba man from Ondo State, totally support the stand of these two freedom fighters! May the good God of Heaven continue to strenghten them day by day and be with them to achieve the vision of totally breaking off the Yokes of these Funky Mallams off our necks! 2014 the illegally acquired oil licences given to those Mallams will expire and the rightful owners of the oil (South-south) shall be in charge of their destinies! Truly, there is a God who RECOMPENSES!

12 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by WilyWily8: 11:53am On May 21, 2013
tomakint: I, Tomakint, a Yoruba man from Ondo State, totally support the stand of these two freedom fighters! May the good God of Heaven continue to strenghten them day by day and be with them to achieve the vision of totally breaking off the Yokes of these Funky Mallams off our necks! 2014 the illegally acquired oil licences given to those Mallams will expire and the rightful owners of the oil (South-south) shall be in charge of their destinies! Truly, there is a God who RECOMPENSES!
Tomakint are you Ekt Bear?

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by onatisi(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2013
isnt this the same dokubo that said that he was relocating to benin republic because the fg had failed the people ?so he can come back to campaign.
as far as i am concerned any party that has tinubu has its leader is not worthy of leading nigeria .that guy is more or less the greatest crook i have ever seen,gani said all these things then but we didnt listen

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Ufeolorun(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2013
Fasehun is running with the talking points cheesy cheesy,already.I expect him to be more shamelessly bold as we move towards 2015,when those who have commissioned him will be asking for more explicit actions cheesy
Gone are the days when Swners fixate on Northerners and how powerful they are,that is so pre-june 12.its now the job of new comers to national politics,we already humbled them .
I have no doubt in mind that Nigeria and her people deserves something far better.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by tomakint: 12:27pm On May 21, 2013
Wily,Wily:

No! I am Tomakint and shall remain Tomakint! cool

4 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by chi3280(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2013
Wily,Wily:

Both men are world apart! how dare you think that Ekt Bear is Tomakint? Do both men reason the same? Ekt Bear remains a veteran while Tomakint has a long way to go to become one.

5 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
The only recognised leader for OduaPeople'sCongress is OTUNBA DR GANIYU ADAMS(Oduaa!!!!!)that old fasheun smh!!!for him
(proudly member)

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 21, 2013
Every riff-raff just wakes up to talk on behalf of the yorubas.Well I don't know when Faseun became the spokesman of the yorubas but I implored him to return whatever money he has collected from jonathan so he won't look foolish to himself in the end.

This is the same person that wanted to create UPN;claiming he wanted to resuscitate Awo legacy.The Awolowo I know won't and never kissed Asses during his lifetime.Whoever listens or takes this clown serious is sitting on a high tension wire.

31 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by nerodenero: 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
Gathering support for Jonathan come 2015 is not bad but Uncle Jona should finish Boko Haram without fear or favour and deliever to Nigerians more dividends of democracy and we wont have to question his credibility.

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by odiman: 1:26pm On May 21, 2013
Time will tell, the guys didn't speak for Jonathan before he rose to this position. Is not by talking and threaing that will bring Jonathan to power. People of the SS and SE along can not bring Jonathan to power. They surly needs support from other parts of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Vernor(m): 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
I would say we should forget that old OPC Leaders rants he just collected some contract from GEJ to protect Oil pipeline so what do you expect from him, also Tinubu is just the same if we vote them we are making them more richer, i believe we youth can come together and form a common front because arguing does not solve the problem on ground, i will have suggested we go with Labour Party. This useless parties PDP, OPC, CPC ACN are the same the only difference is one is stealling locally(State) while the other @ Federal Level, voting anyone of them again is helping them to be super rich again we should all swing to a different party or we youth can come together and form our own party. Please whats yor opinion?

3 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by DuduNegro: 1:38pm On May 21, 2013
JideJamez: The only recognised leader for OduaPeople'sCongress is OTUNBA DR GANIYU ADAMS(Oduaa!!!!!)that old fasheun smh!!!for him
(proudly member)

Thank you. wink

What da fvk is a Yoruba leader doing at Adaka Boro's memorial?

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by omenka(m): 1:39pm On May 21, 2013
God only knows. And what if you die tomorrow from a ghastly accident Asari, would Naija cease to exist A fool @ 40, a fool for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 21, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Thank you. wink

What da fvk is a Yoruba leader doing at Adaka Boro's memorial?
i wonder o...i pity every yoruba people sharing surname with him now.he's selling off his heritage chai smh !for him
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by klax(m): 1:43pm On May 21, 2013
Well both men may be right because for the North or Hausa they have lost it all as a matter of fact it may be around 2050 before they would ever rule again that is if they behave themselves which is too late already because I know the last thing GEJ would do is to handover to Hausa man this is the truth. "When a child says his or her mother will not sleep definately he or she we not even smell sleep" that is the way its. "As you do to other so they would do to you" is so simple arithmetics though I may be wrong but I can bet it that is the way it would go.

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Benez: 1:50pm On May 21, 2013
Fasheun is speaking for the members of OPC that he formed. He is not capable of speaking for the South-Westerners. In the hierachy of governance in Nigeria, u cannot find a Yoruba man from number 1 to 8. So the fact that we r not protesting does not make us fools. We r only waiting for 2015 to provide an alternative. May be by then, those threatening the peace of Nigeria will be in jail

3 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by fineworker(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Every riff-raff just wakes up to talk on behalf of the yorubas.Well I don't know when Faseun became the spokesman of the yorubas but I implored him to return whatever money he has collected from jonathan so he won't look foolish to himself in the end.

This is the same person that wanted to create UPN;claiming he wanted to resuscitate Awo legacy.The Awolowo I know won't and never kissed Asses during his lifetime.Whoever listens or takes this clown serious is sitting on a high tension wire.
The Awolowo i knew kissed the ass of mallam during his time

15 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by batstan(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2013
Chei, north done suffer, so we done bcom enemies to our fellow country men. I take God beg una, we still be one ooo ehenn

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 21, 2013
Gej should get busy getting jobs done or else he has no business being president. We need visionary,principled,disciplined,credible individual with records of stellar achievement. That person is what we need whether Hausa,igbo or yoruba. We should for once base our approval on performance and not cultural affiliations. That is when nigeria will take her top place among commitee of nations. But since i dont see that happening despite the number of so called educated but really sentimental crops of youth who prefers to back mediocrity and insult performance and credibility, i wont mind casting my votes for anything but FDF

6 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by batstan(m): 1:59pm On May 21, 2013
grin[quote author=Alamen001]That is N2.5 billion monthly talking. Money is very powerful. grin grin grin
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 21, 2013
Laughable.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by batstan(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2013
maryjames9: Gej should get busy getting jobs done or else he has no business being president. We need visionary,principled,disciplined,credible individual with records of stellar achievement. That person is what we need whether Hausa,igbo or yoruba. We should for once base our approval on performance and not cultural affiliations. That is when nigeria will take her top place among commitee of nations. But since i dont see that happening despite the number of so called educated but really sentimental crops of youth who prefers to back mediocrity and insult performance and credibility, i wont mind casting my votes for anything but FDF
so on point. Sentiments beclouds everything we do
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by CowbellY: 2:12pm On May 21, 2013
So whatever happens to the UPN dream? Honestly,i think this Old man needs some cash. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Vavavoom(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2013
Dear Karl Maier,
Truly this house has fallen and midnight is already on us...events are unfolding like you said they would and we are No Longer at Ease. I write to let you know that The Man of the People we await still, cowed and docile hoping with folded arms failing to Set Forth at Dawn for the change we desire. Things continue to Fall Apart even on the transition of the great iroko of Ogidi, The Man has truly Died in us that in the face of such abounding injustice the ogas at the top are still heaping Things around Our Necks. Our Trials are beyond Jero's, inflicted on us by us. Some say Never Again to war, but we the people have waited for the Arrow of God to strike those whose palm kernels have been cracked for... - the usurpers of our will. All we ask is for such benevolent spirit to side with the people. We want that Half of a Yellow sun to be full. To usher us with brightness never before seen...for Things to cease to Fall Apart.

Today the Iroko is coming over with our abiding petitions to save the savannah from the ants terrorising the Anthills.

4 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by mathskill: 2:17pm On May 21, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by otunbacymbal(m): 2:19pm On May 21, 2013
we all know Gani Adams....fasheun should just go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 21, 2013
fineworker:
The Awolowo i knew kissed the ass of mallam during his time

Big time for that matter

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Dasuki Ignored Olisa Metuh's Enquiry On Source Of Funds" - Witness / Seriake Dickson Conferred ‘The Okute Of Ijaw Nation’ Chieftaincy Title (Photos) / 2023: Labour Party Will Try But Can’t Win Presidential Election – Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.