Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,004 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Shy - Lock - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shy - Lock (689 Views)

Love Diary Of A Shy Guy / Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2013
Rough pretty girls, with sexy weirld sense of fashion, were my weak spots, it wasn't easy for me to avoid staring at them and admiring them,whenever i saw them, neither was it easy for me to approah them. I am a shy guy -maybe by nature,many girls had gossiped that i was a coward. I had the right words at my disposal, but whenever i tried to approach a girl i liked, i developed 'failed breaks' a campus slang, which more or less meant 'failure to deliver' .i thought Maybe because, we're all-boys in my immediate family(but then, their was muna, who was always around my family),maybe because i attended an all boys secondary school; but even then, our social gatherings, consisted of girls from other schools, and i could have mixed up, if i wanted to. The truth was; Your's truly made too many excuses! "grow up jor!" i chastised myself. Afterall my immediate younger brother celestine, who is 2 years my Junior,and who used to have a phobia for girls, to the extent that, he was feared abnormal. is now a 19 year old fresher, who is already fast becoming notorious among the girl folks in uniport. It was as if his phobia for girls, was replaced gradually by his advancement in height. Cele is 6ft tall and there was this thing,about great heights- it gave one a sort of confidence. it couldn't have been more true in celestine's case. I am average heighted-at least by nigerian standards- because, a year ago when i visited U.S, For my cousin's matriculation, into a polytechnic in Florida, kids in the neighbourhood, had calle d me short, because i stood at 5ft 8,there were very tall guys, some nearly reaching 7ft, and believe me, when i say it. even celestine, was average heighted amongst them. My cousin-sister related to us, that the heights were quite normal in this parts of FL. Back here, I sort for all kinds of excuses to account for my phobia- not a phobia for girls- but a phobia for expressing my feelings to them. At the end i concluded "Damn it! I am just shy and cowardly". Was it my nature? If so i am doomed, I thought.
I still remember muna, my childhood crush. i couldn't just bring myself to tell her how i felt about her, even though on many occasions, i was sure she was giving me the 'green light' . The yoke still didn't break. Until one day, when i and muna were 17 and 16 respectively,she gladly announced on one of our videogame-playing routines, in my room, back home, that she just started dating a guy, and from the look on her face, she was very much in love with him. then i had I feigned that "i'm happy for you!" look. maybe i would have succeeded in deceiving another person, but not muna.
She knew me so well, or we knew each other so well. She turned serious, then said "raheem, what is it?" i was like "ho-how do you mean?" i barely escaped being a stamerer; it affected me somehow, i have a quick temper, and to some extent, it affected my self esteem also. she hesitated a while,then said "you don't look happy" i tried to convince her, unsuccessfully " i am happy for you, i can swear it" and that was me, i was always about "i swear! I swear!" ever since i started speaking.
"Don't lie to me." she said, "i'm not lieing eh" i retorted, avoiding her eyes. In my mind i was like " i've lost my lovely muna!" muna was a radical chocolate beauty. At seven, she had wanted to be a soldier, like her dad, at 10, she wanted to be a pilot, at 15 she wanted to be a federal secrete agent (influenced by an american movie series) then at 16, she finally settled for politics and human rights activism. Now there was silence in the room, i fiddled lackadaisically with my pad, so did she, then she said "do you mind, us playing truth and dare?" every mind is a potential box of secrets. Muna was determined to access, what i had in mind, my secrets.....
"raheem wat it do? " dean hailed me, bringing me back to the present,he was coming towards me,where i was sitting on an old table in the department hall,charging my laptop on a nearby wall socket. The results for last semester exams had just been released,students ;especially hundred level students, trooped into the departmental blocks, they wanted to check their first result, on campus. "dean of the faculty!" i hailed dean, as we shook hands. He had gotten the name somehow- i can't remember exactly- when we were in year 1, but the reason he got the name wasn't unconnected to his bossy attitude. My "lappy" was charged full,as indicated by the dimunitive white light by its side. i arranged it in my bag, together with my charger, then together with dean, i went further into the blocks. We walked to the area,where some students,who appeared like 100level students(you always knew them, when you saw them - always anxious- was their perfect description) gathered somewhere withing a side passage way, beside the main hall way,trying to trace their results on the list ; i understood what the anxiety was all about,i had once been in their shoes. I had once felt the "1st result anxiety"
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2013
From time to time, i'ld review, the responses, to my two shitks here on N.L[ Transparent people & Shy- Lock] pls your comments are highly appreciated.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 11:00pm On May 22, 2013
We chatted about general issues as we moved along, some students ran towards our direction , right out of the corridor, holding their nostrils with their fingers and grimacing.
"the pesin wey mess dis mess,na i.d.i.o.t ." one of the students said, with a glower on his face. " na wa o. " others muttered. one slim dark girl, with excessive make up, held her nose tightly, as she chattered. " the pesin dat mess dis mess ehn! the pesin dat mess dis mess will carry over all his courses." i and dean chuckled, one guy scornfully told her. "babe you're a prime suspect o!" all hell was let lose, as she rained abuses on the guy, i and dean walked past them. "all dis year one dem ehn, dem no go kill pesin. " dean said. "no be small " i concurred. We walked into another group of students, who were frantically checking for their names on a list labelled 'P.T'. Dean sighted his cousin amongst this group. Dean's cousin was a fresher. "david!" dean called out. David turned towards us, smiled and walked up to us, we shook hands with him, as he greeted. "you no dey see dat 'P.T' when them write for there" dean said. David looked at the the post-board. "bros i see am, but wetin e mean?" he asked naively.
"e mean part time!" i said, already growing impatient. The others must have heard us, for they started going towards the other block, david thanked us and joined them, while i and dean headed for the lecture theatre, where we had our eco 312 lectures.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 10:19am On May 23, 2013
Pls, do not just read, endeavour to also comment. Criticize too.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 10:20am On May 23, 2013
Pls, do not just read, endeavour to also comment. Constructive Criticisms are welcome too.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2013
"Truth or dare?" she said looking shrewdly into my eyes. "truth" i snapped. "Whatz my name?" muna asked excitedly. I gave her that- "oh, datz a cheap question!"- look. She just smiled.
"muna" i replied easily, and laughed.
"Your turn" she said, with a guttural whisper, stressing on the 'turn'
i stared at her, still wondering what her boyfreind was like, and admiring her at the same time. "Truth or dare?" i asked. "Truth!" she mimicked a kids voice. And that was muna; so dramatic and fun to be with.
"whats your boyfriend like?"
i asked curiously. "He's like my soft spot, just as you". she winked, just as i was saying. "no no thatz not how i......". "Truth or Dare" she snapped, smiling knowingly.
"Truth". i resigned.
"Do you have a girlfriend". She querried. "you know i don't." i said. " in the game. you don't assume you know". She said smiling.
"what do you assume?" i asked her.
"who told you i choose truth?" she asked.
"Truth or dare" i snapped.
"Truth" she said.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 11:52pm On May 23, 2013
"What's your favourite meal?". I asked, just to buy time. I already knew, she could sell her soul for ewà agoyin. I smiled at my exaggeration. She relaxed, puffed an imaginary cigarette, and looked at me, dazing her eyes. "you know" she puffed. "raheem, i could sell you for a pot of ewà agoyin". She said, and we both burst out laughing hysterically. She was in my arms before i knew it. "truth or dare" she asked me.
"Truth" , i replied. She looked into my eyes intently. "do you have feelings for me?" she asked.
The question was like 'fuel subsidy withrawal' and like nigeria, i wasn't prepared for it. Just as i wasn't prepared for her new found position in my arms. Her eyes were still searhing mine, my mind was working overtime.
I was scared. "i i think so". i stuttered. There was silence. I felt like hell would be let loose as i admitted it. "i- i love you" for a moment their was an exception to the rule of the game, as she asked her second question.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 12:00am On May 24, 2013
"why didn't you tell me all this while?".it took a while, of contemplating before i finally said
"I- i wa- was scared". My stammering was liable to show up in times like this.
"Scared ?". Her voice rang out, piercing me. she sat upright, still staring at me. "scared of what?" . She asked with a scowl.
I couldn't stand her eyes, so i looked down.
"scared of rejection" i muttered. ashamed of myself.
She observed me, then she said calmly. "true love, doesn't fear rejection."
she was hurt, she bowed her head low. "i'm dissapointed".she muttered. I held her by her shoulders. I had nothing to say except. "I'm sorry, i hurt you, this way".she turned around. "your turn". she said. i was lost. "we're still in the game."
she assured me.
Confused. I asked "truth or dare?"
she almost didn't let me finish. "dare". She said. my mind was blank. On what, could i dare her? Nothing was forthcoming for a while. Then she said, "would you, dare me to kiss you?" our eyes were locked.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 12:17am On May 24, 2013
I swallowed. " i guess that goes for a yes" she said. She launched forward, and kissed me softly, then withrew sharply. My eyes which were half shut in pleasure, opened up. "true love is daring". She said emphatically. We kissed again, for a tincy bit longer, than the previous one. Then she withdrew her lips again. "true love is courageous" she stressed, looking into my eyes, as if to ask. 'are you learning?'. Then slowly and sensationally, our lips crossed paths again. This time, the kiss was so deep. All the bottled-up feelings in me, were unleashed. She lay in my arms, as we struggled to catch our breath, after the long kissing session. "u asked ,what my boyfreind was like?" she said. I nodded, and paused to hear her speak. She observed me. "he's like, my soft spot, just as you" she puffed her imaginary cigarette, and smiled as she re-emphasized. "as in ; JUST AS YOU".
I caught the joke.
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 12:22am On May 24, 2013
No one is encouraging me o..please comment.
Re: Shy - Lock by Dygeasy(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2013
Bro it takes time. Especially when the story has a not too catchy beginning like yours. Probably something really interesting lies in it as the story progresses. Just chill ehn?
Me I like it sha.

*subcribing!
Re: Shy - Lock by DoctorShroud(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2013
Dygeasy: Bro it takes time. Especially when the story has a not too catchy beginning like yours. Probably something really interesting lies in it as the story progresses. Just chill ehn?
Me I like it sha.

*subcribing!

thanks for commenting bro.
Re: Shy - Lock by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please revive this thread o.. Dr shroud come and continue this wonderful piece of writing... Please!!$

(1) (Reply)

An Inspiring Story: Best I Ever Had. / Facts About Life / How To Be A Super Writer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.