Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,398 members, 7,800,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window (7968 Views)

After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! / Think Twice Before You Throw A Gum On The Road Or Floor / Would You Throw Away Your Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by bamto(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2013
jmoore: I leave it inside the commercial bus, I don't drop it outside.

I do the same. But how are you sure it still doesn't end up in the streets, thanks to carefree 'conductors;
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 22, 2013
I think while some do it out of ignorance, others do it on purpose. Yes, on purpose. On a bus the other day, a guy threw some rubbish through the window. Overly agitated, my friend confronted him. Hear what the guy retorted: "Which one be your own naa. If i no throw-way am here, all those women wey dey sweep road no go see work do"
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Darius2000: 6:03pm On May 22, 2013
Its such a dirty habit. I dont do it, and have tried many times to caution those who do it. I think its probably due to the following reasons, amongst others:
1. They lack personal hygiene and discipline.
2. They know there wont be any consequence......
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by ba7man(m): 6:04pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:

How?!

name one recycling company in Nigeria?!

Even if I take it home and put it in a bin, the garbage company would still come and help me redistribute the garbage all over the city.

Abeg Chi-chi wind down ya window throway that Okpa wrapper biko.
There's no excuse for being dirty and uncivilized. Is that how Juju worshipers are supposed to act?? Get their environments dirty?? My car is a mini litter bin and i simply clean out the trash when i get home. When I'm in a public transport, I throw it on the floor of the vehicle knowing they will clean it out at their bus-parks. If everyone plays their part this nation will be cleaner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Fussbot: 6:10pm On May 22, 2013
Shey make I con chop am?? grin
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 22, 2013
kris leonard: Just because some peaple feel the country is already dirty does not mean we add more dirts to it,even in a commercial movin vehicle,gently drop on the cab floor and the cabbie will get rid of it later in a proper manner,we all know this and the annoying thing is we travell round to other countries and envy what we can all contribute to control.

erm, please don't drop it inside the cab/bus cos as soon as you leave, the driver/conductor will fling the rubbish out of the vehicle....what I do is keep every thing-biscuit wrappers, cellophane, banana, yes, banana, peels inside my bag till I see a waste bin to drop it inside...failing which I dispose of it at home...I have, always, and will always do this, in Nija oo...cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Bambela(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2013
Though very bad; most of our commercial buses doesn't have wast bin in their buses. And most at times people throw things they considered expensive to others to showcase their power. And again, most people do not know the environmental implication it poses. I urge government to take this issue serious and embark on the campaign to orientate the public. Other state should emulate Enugu state government.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 22, 2013
deor03: I was once driving behind a man in traffic and he threw some dirt on the road.
I began to flash him endlessly until he looked through his mirror. I made gestures to him, disapproving what he had done

To my amazement, he opened his car door, came out, picked the dirt and apologized.

FYI
This happened in Lagos

I have chased after people many times too
for some reason, when I see people fling banana peels out of car windows, it gets me, and I snap, and always
start honking and chasing the offending vehicle, gesticulating wildly, and at times really cussing the person out (people always stare at the crazy me when this happens)...

I have never caught up with a car in this situation sadly
I truly wish each person here would correct three people and ask them to pass it on, like in that movie..."pay it forward"
I hate this for real....don't let me get started on spitting and the like! Urggghhhh!!!
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by goshen26: 6:25pm On May 22, 2013
@ op, ose jare, om'oko ni o(thank you, you are true child of your father). You see, i have had so many quarrels with many co-passengers while travelling on this habit, their excuses is, where should they put their waste? I remember i was fortunate to be under the seminar of an FRSC staff, and he said that "there's a law that every driver should provide a waste basket, failure to do this, passengers should throw the waste right in their vehicle" and that's wat i tell people wen i come in contact with such issue in the vehicle.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by sakaguchi(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2013
milychocs: .......

erm, please don't drop it inside the cab/bus cos as soon as you leave, the driver/conductor will fling the rubbish out of the vehicle....what I do is keep every thing-biscuit wrappers, cellophane, banana, yes, banana, peels inside my bag till I see a waste bin to drop it inside...failing which I dispose of it at home...I have, always, and will always do this, in Nija oo...cheers
Mily!!
What about us who don't have handbags...lols
True talk though( what you just wrote)

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Joe980: 6:31pm On May 22, 2013
This is no excuse... why can't the dirt be left in the vehicle?undecided This applies to private car though, but when am in a public vehicle I keep in my bag if it's wraps I pocket them 'cuz dem bad mannered conductors will still throw them on the high way.
adexsimply: maybe because most vehicles dont have waste baskets

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 22, 2013
One day, at AYA round about, a man gave me his empty satchet of Nagari yoghurt to throw outta d window. I told him to drop it inside d bus so d driver can clean it at d end of the day... Nna d man provoke! Say 'when u go out of Nigeria, u can do dat ur cleanliness, this is Nigeria abeg'..and another passenger collected it and threw out. undecided undecided undecided wallahi, tefiya mu, akwai saura! Our journey to cleanliness still long...

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Mishydoo(m): 8:40pm On May 22, 2013
grin grin grinI PAY TAX!!!GOVT shud Employ more road cleaners,many ppl are jobless!Y SHUD I STRESS MYSELF?Afterall if I dnt do it,Either Mr Yezudo or Mr Cork will...
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by TableLeg(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2013
I dont!
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 22, 2013
tchidi: One day, at AYA round about, a man gave me his empty satchet of Nagari yoghurt to throw outta d window. I told him to drop it inside d bus so d driver can clean it at d end of the day... Nna d man provoke! Say 'when u go out of Nigeria, u can do dat ur cleanliness, this is Nigeria abeg'..and another passenger collected it and threw out. undecided undecided undecided wallahi, tefiya mu, akwai saura! Our journey to cleanliness still long...
funny thing is, those kinda men are the one's that criticize govt the mostt
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 22, 2013
alutacontinua: because most of the public transport mediums don't have a waste-bin in them. If the habit is to be curbed, we need to start from there. That is not enough excuse for the bad habit, though.
what are you trying to say? That we should put waste bin inside buses , train?

Does that make any sense?
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by bonna4u(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2013
grin
Mishydoo: grin grin grinI PAY TAX!!!GOVT shud Employ more road cleaners,many ppl are jobless!Y SHUD I STRESS MYSELF?Afterall if I dnt do it,Either Mr Yezudo or Mr Cork will...
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Mustay(m): 9:42pm On May 22, 2013
Yet again, people find silly excuses for their irresponsible behaviors. We obviously do know where charity begins from. I always tackle those who do this and they tag me an alien - seriously, does Karma need to teach such people an unfortunate lesson I don't agree we grew up with such behavior, we simply built it around the WAI era. In primary school, I remember reading books on how to cross the road, not eat on the road, not litter the road et al.

Please, if you are one of those who challenge these dirty people (no apologies), continue to do so. Common sense should be made 'communal'.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Sanboy25: 10:21pm On May 22, 2013

I don't. smiley
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by addicted268(f): 1:14am On May 23, 2013
wise_many2k:

Ur own is small na.....my own question is, why do ppl like spitting like snakes on the road and worst of all, blowing catarrh anywhere within sight? undecided It's so disgusting when i see ppl do it @ will...both male and female....old and young.....ppl in tie + suits, agbada, jeans + T-shirts..... I remember one day when i saw 1 woman (she wasn't pregnant) was just flooding the office compound with saliva and i asked her....

Me... "Madam, if u enter ur living room and see your kids urinating on the rug or spitting on the sofa or rug, what wld u do"?

Woman... "God forbid....dat can never be my child" undecided

Me... "Madam, it's only a question....pls, what wld u do if ur child did such"?

Woman... "I will kill dat child" lipsrsealed

Me.... "I think i need to get your mother to kill u 1st for destroying our ecosystem with your poisonous saliva" angry
you are right.I don't know what spoils my mood like seeing body fluids all over the place.it is very disgusting and unfortunate that people do it without a care in the world.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by ndmbutu: 3:18am On May 23, 2013
Oh my.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 8:10am On May 23, 2013
AbuHanifa: wink When you throw satchet of water, bottle of table water, Gala wraps, Suya wraps etc out of the window, it makes the environment dirty and ultimately block drainages. I felt like slaping the hell out of those I saw doing it. Very pathetic. cry cry cry
"those u saw"or those u see
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by AGgal(f): 8:52am On May 23, 2013
I dnt do it cos am a crossriverian. We dnt do such in our state. Am always conscious of it,even wen am travelling out of d state
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by ajanaku2(m): 9:08am On May 23, 2013
milychocs:

I have chased after people many times too
for some reason, when I see people fling banana peels out of car windows, it gets me, and I snap, and always
start honking and chasing the offending vehicle, gesticulating wildly, and at times really cussing the person out (people always stare at the crazy me when this happens)...

I have never caught up with a car in this situation sadly

I truly wish each person here would correct three people and ask them to pass it on, like in that movie..."pay it forward"
I hate this for real....don't let me get started on spitting and the like! Urggghhhh!!!

Dem never whozz you hot slap before...abi?
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by LordReed(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua: because most of the public transport mediums don't have a waste-bin in them. If the habit is to be curbed, we need to start from there. That is not enough excuse for the bad habit, though.

Exactly! I do not allow folk to throw rubbish out my car window even though I have no waste bin; drop the waste in the car and when we stop you can move it into a rubbish bin.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by nuwell(m): 10:04am On May 23, 2013
Okija juju: Because the country is already dirty!

I see. And who made it so, if I may ask? And must you continue a habit you know is BAD?
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by miccodb(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2013
if u throw things outta any moving vehicle then ur sick. who is supposed to clean it? it irritates me like mad

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 11:49am On May 23, 2013
ajanaku2:

Dem never whozz you hot slap before...abi?

cheesy...no, why do you ask?
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 23, 2013
Okija juju:

How?!

name one recycling company in Nigeria?!

Even if I take it home and put it in a bin, the garbage company would still come and help me redistribute the garbage all over the city.

Abeg Chi-chi wind down ya window throway that Okpa wrapper biko.
u funny gon.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by joinnow: 1:26pm On May 23, 2013
Could you imagine the car (Lagos number) i was behind on our way to Calabar (TINAPA) last 2years ago.
They bought Banana at a junction from then one Banana wrap keep flying our of the car window one after the other. I was so pissed off that I speed and when overtaking I reminded then that this is calabar not Lagos.
I know Human do adjust so fisrt of all I have a house rule and car rule.
One of the car rule is whatever you eat just drop the waste on the polythene bag if no polyhene bag drop it on the footmat. Never throw dirt out of the car window. 2. rule never spit out of the car window. etc
If my family adhere and your adhere then we have solve almost half of this bad habit but for Public transport the law enforcement should enforce the use of waste basket in every car,danfo etc wink grin
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by dasparrow: 1:37pm On May 23, 2013
@Post

I don't throw trash out of the window. It equally irritates me when I see others do it. I always ask myself, what will Jesus do? Yesterday, I ate a cob of boiled corn. After eating, there was no waste bin around to throw the empty cob. What did I do? I wrapped the cob in a black nylon bag and held unto it till I got home. Then I disposed of the cob in the waste bin located in the kitchen.

Even if its candy wrappers, I will not throw it out of the window. If it is plastic mineral bottles, I leave it in the bus rather than throwing it out of the window. I truly think that the reason why our environment in Nigeria is mostly dirty is because the average Nigerian is not exactly clean. As a people, we need to change the way we do things honestly. Cleanliness they say is next to Godliness. Nigerians tend to carry religion on the head yet many cannot keep a environment clean. This must change.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Slice Of Lust APK V1.6 Download For Android 2022 / Aside From Nairaland, Which Nigerian Site Do You Visit Multiple Times A Day / Top 5 Countries With The Best Looking Women In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.