Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency (9544 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Ptimes: 3:49pm On May 21, 2013
ACN Lawmakers Snub Party, Join Senate To Back Emergency In Three States

Opposition senators teamed with other lawmakers Tuesday to back President Jonathan’s request for an emergency rule in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states, snubbing their parties that had primed them to kick against a military campaign that began a week ago in the trouble states.

But the senate urged the federal government to issue troops with a code of conduct to ensure they are “humane, benevolent and respectful” to the residents of the three states.

The senate passed the request in unanimous vote participated by 100 senators, more than the constitutional two thirds benchmark required.

The decision gives a partial legal backing to the president’s declaration last week. A House of Representatives vote is expected later Tuesday or Wednesday. The House remained in an executive session by Tuesday noon.

Read details here: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/135340-acn-lawmakers-snub-party-join-senate-to-back-emergency-in-three-states.html

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by gramci: 4:09pm On May 21, 2013
Lie mohammed and his band of supporters should take this. It will surely help.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Geomac: 4:25pm On May 21, 2013
Nigeria is greater than ACN.

6 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Lilimax(f): 4:54pm On May 21, 2013
Ptimes: ACN Lawmakers Snub Party, Join Senate To Back Emergency In Three States

Opposition senators teamed with other lawmakers Tuesday to back President Jonathan’s request for an emergency rule in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states, snubbing their parties that had primed them to kick against a military campaign that began a week ago in the trouble states.
Any house that is divided against itself cannot stand including ACN.
Some unholy alliance is at the verge of collapsing... shocked shocked
Dancing Azonto smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by FoxyVista(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2013
[size=14pt]Please don't be angry with me.... I just have to do this....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

ACN don rake finish na grin grin grin
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Benaig(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2013
Cant BELIEVE that all ACN senators - including Tinubu's wife voted UNANIMOUSLY.
Whatever happened to their call on Senate to reject Emergency rule.
LAI Mohammed, Bola Tinubu, where are you?

Shame as you delight in playing politics with ALL situations no matter how serious.

11 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Archmed(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2013
Good

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Policewoman(f): 4:59pm On May 21, 2013
ABOUT TIME THE ACN Lawmakers leave their CRYBABY Party and embraced reality.

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by mascot87(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2013
ACN IS ABOUT TO BE FED TO THE DOGS tongue

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by FoxyVista(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2013
Benaig: Cant BELIEVE that all ACN senators - including Tinubu's wife voted UNANIMOUSLY.
Whatever happened to their call on Senate to reject Emergency rule.
LAI Mohammed, Bola Tinubu, where are you?

Shame as you delight in playing politics with ALL situations no matter how serious.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by SamConquer(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2013
ACN=All Confused Nonentities

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Policewoman(f): 5:01pm On May 21, 2013
SamConquer: ACN= All ASSOCIATION OF CONFUSED NONENTITIES
FIXED!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by FoxyVista(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2013
Policewoman: FIXED!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by IleIfe2(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2013
Lobatan. Fellow Nigerians(Oodua) don't be angry. Ogbeni Lai mohammed lo n bebe Scout.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by chaloner(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2013
hahahahahahaha i told you they will follow me soon........south-south and me get the oil money grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Tonnymc: 5:04pm On May 21, 2013
This is not an issue to oppose. In as much as they belong to the opposition, such policies or actions taken in the best interest of the country at large should be supported by all.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Dreal1247: 5:05pm On May 21, 2013
Does it mean that every issue must be politicised in this country? In US, politicians criticise constructively. They are always looking for opportunities to contribute positively towardy the growth of their nation. But ACN wants the northerners to perish because PDP is in power. If ACN as a political party does not know when to criticise and when to support, it then mean that they are not qualified to rule the people. God bless the wise senators.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by chaloner(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2013
my anger is not that they bak you my president, but even my lawyers.... BH will say i don fail dem oooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by dejust(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2013
Good ridance for people who has refused to see anything good in GEJ administration. United we stand, boko haram I think your time is up.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 21, 2013
^^^ no matter how you guys see it, they (a.c.n) are the reason why we're in a semblance of democracy in this country!

6 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by qwest(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2013
Basically ACN was against a repeat of the unconstitutional illegality perpetrated by OBJ, where the democratically elected representatives were removed under the guise of a state of emergency. with that not happening, there shouldn't be any objection by the party.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 21, 2013
What a silly thread, filled with frustrated posters

As if this will eradicate BH
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Sibrah: 5:13pm On May 21, 2013
That's so un-PDP of them.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by dridowu: 5:14pm On May 21, 2013
Good for democracy . Sometime u reject ur party position inorder to stand 4 ONE NIGERIA
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by ubest1(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
you lied ACN rejection came after the president proclamation, so stop deceiving & confusing youself and your fail & terrorist party
qwest: Basically ACN was against a repeat of the unconstitutional illegality perpetrated by OBJ, where the democratically elected representatives were removed under the guise of a state of emergency. with that not happening, there shouldn't be any objection by the party.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Gombs(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
Texas girl, tolexander etc...did bola tinibu fail to pay your alawi?

You lot went mute after dat state of emergency bravado!..me thinks Lai Mohd n Buhari fought mortal Kombat after Lai criticized the SOE.

I'd ask you blokes to sharaaap (at least in the nxt 3mnths) and see GEJ hunt buhari dwn.

BTW, GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 21, 2013
Gombs: Texas girl, tolexander etc...did bola tinibu fail to pay your alawi?

You lot went mute after dat state of emergency bravado!..me thinks Lai Mohd n Buhari fought mortal Kombat after Lai criticized the SOE.

I'd ask you blokes to sharaaap (at least in the nxt 3mnths) and see GEJ hunt buhari dwn.

BTW, GEJ till 2019

It's obvious that you got me confused with someone you're related to, your m**** perharps.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by RickyRoss1(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
Good move
Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:25pm On May 21, 2013
Atimes, ACN just like to fight blindly.
This act by the ACN Senators just rubbished Lai Mohammed's condemnation of the SOE in the Boko States.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Back State Of Emergency by klas(m): 5:27pm On May 21, 2013
qwest: Basically ACN was against a repeat of the unconstitutional illegality perpetrated by OBJ, where the democratically elected representatives were removed under the guise of a state of emergency. with that not happening, there shouldn't be any objection by the party.

In 1962, when the first republic civilian federal government of Azikiwe/Balewa declared state of emergency in the then Western region, was the regional government left in place? No. the entire elected officials both in executive and legislature were sent packing and a sole administrator in person of Majekodunmi (who was then the federal Minister of Health) was appointed for six months that the emergency lasted.

Not everything that OBJ did is bad. Whether to leave the Governor in place or not depend on the reason for declaring the emergency. State of emergency can be declared for natural disaster like the flooding that occurred last year. In that case, it will be improper to suspend the governor, but if the elected official is part/cause of the problem like that of the western region, he should step aside.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dan Orbih: Edo Is Not Oshiomhole’s Property / Senate Inaugurates Zonal Public Hearing On Constitutional Review / Anambra State To Begin Implementation Of Anti-Open Grazing Law September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.