Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London (27018 Views)

Nigerian Arrested In India With Cocaine Worth Of $720k / Nigerian Man Who Returned From Brazil For Wedding Arrested With Cocaine In Lagos / Arik Air Staff Caught With ‘cocaine’ In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by OlekuBuzzOnline(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2013
Two staff of Nigeria’s largest airline, Arik Air have been arrested at the Heathrow Airport in London for suspected drug trafficking on Tuesday.

The Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency disclosed that they had opened investigations after the Arik Airline workers were allegedly caught with cocaine in the Uk.

NDLEA spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju said the allegations constituted a national embarrassment.

“We are aware of the arrest and we have
opened an investigation into the matter,” Ofoyeju said.

Banji Ola, Arik Air spokesperson said he was not aware of the incident or flight details.

However, Arik Air image maker, Banji Ola said he was yet to be briefed on the matter.

It would be recalled that in December 2011, a 29-year-old Arik Air female hostess, Miss Chinwendu Uwakaonyenma
Ogbonnaya, was arrested at Heathrow Airport over allegation of drug smuggling into the United Kingdom and was thereafter sentenced to five and a half years imprisonment last year.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/21/arik-cabin-crew-had-n180m-cocaine/
http://www.olekubuzz.com/2013/05/breaking-news-arik-cabin-crew-caught.html

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by tinuolababy(f): 6:44pm On May 21, 2013
There's nothing breaking in this news smiley wink

4 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by ehispapa(m): 7:11pm On May 21, 2013
Even the employed? we are in trouble.

7 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by israel007: 7:11pm On May 21, 2013
This is a mere allegation. No confirmed report that these ones were seen with substance.

1 Like

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by johnwizey: 7:12pm On May 21, 2013
Man must chop na

2 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 21, 2013
lololol

Not surprised at all.

Dem lucky say no be Malaysia dem land

3 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by misterh(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2013
They can't blame this one on unemployment.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by adexsimply(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2013
talk of "SCREWED REPUTATION".these guys didnt only spoil the reputation of their company, they just added more stain to Nigeria's already tainted image..

2 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by gen2briz(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2013
Arik staff. ...best way to fly your cocaine

7 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by feminineA: 7:16pm On May 21, 2013
If its true then its really a bad name for arik been a nigerian carrier, and its heathrow again. The british will start treating the carrier as well as its passangers with serious and annoying checks.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by onyeguy: 7:19pm On May 21, 2013
Oh boy imagine how people dey expose contact chai na wa oh
Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by DICKtator: 7:21pm On May 21, 2013
Always in the News for bad things!!!
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by Maxymilliano(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2013
Let's blame it on GEJ as usual ...
Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by Jerryjat(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2013
johnwizey: Man must chop na

d salary way dey dey pay u.... neva do u?...

1 Like

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by donem: 7:26pm On May 21, 2013
Epic national embarrasment WTF!

1 Like

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by uchechuwku: 7:27pm On May 21, 2013
This is bad. Really really bad
The next time I'm at hearthrow airport with my green passport they'll be looking at me like I killed somebody.
The situation was bad before, now it is worse.

Quick question, the hostess sentenced, will she be able to apply for her permanent residence status after the 5 years??
gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by henroe2k2(m): 7:27pm On May 21, 2013
Upon sey she be staff 4 arik. Wetin com push her go enter that temptation. The babe no try at all. U really fall hands. Make them 4get the big grammar about national emberrassment. Naija go always show im self anywhere.
Make she enjoy her life 4 sanko. She even get luck sey no be 4 naija them jail her.
Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by sammmiey1: 7:27pm On May 21, 2013
Covetousness at its peak

1 Like

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by nekaa(f): 7:30pm On May 21, 2013
Does this mean their own have finish?
Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by gerald09(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2013
All of u dat is judging dis people dey craze, if they had succeeded now na the same people go follow the hail dem. U dey talk nw cos dem neva catch U yet or u no get liver to make money. That's y una go dey US or UK either cleaning after some old white f*uck or u be door man for TESCO or WALMART. To does Arik guys they caught, I HAIL THEE! I HAIL ALL HUSTLERs regardless ur Hustle.

10 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by Irritant: 7:32pm On May 21, 2013
Na today?...make dem rest for the matter...shuo..all na hustle nau..well I need grin ;Dthat kind connection o...make una nor worry I go swallow am and I nor go sh*t for days...I promise....
Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by CastleandGreen: 7:37pm On May 21, 2013
The truth is these persons have being doing this for a long time. Arik an organisation of drug traffickers.
Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by Diasporan(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2013
gerald09: All of u dat is judging dis people dey craze, if they had succeeded now na the same people go follow the hail dem. U dey talk nw cos dem neva catch U yet or u no get liver to make money. That's y una go dey US or UK either cleaning after some old white f*uck or u be door man for TESCO or WALMART. To does Arik guys they caught, I HAIL THEE! I HAIL ALL HUSTLERs regardless ur Hustle.
Dude have you not heard of honest work?That is what those guys you mentioned does and they can hold their heads high that they gat jobs and not an act you can't even disclose to your family members or what will land them someday in jail or a death penalty.Try to think before commenting my 2 cent though

18 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by johnwizey: 7:43pm On May 21, 2013
Evrybody *̣̣̣̣̣̣̥*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥is*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥ a theif only dose caught A̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ unlucky

2 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by ifyalways(f): 7:45pm On May 21, 2013
Na real wao for Uzo waya.
We pray to get a job and when we do,we still phuck up.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London by EKONGKING: 7:47pm On May 21, 2013
Arik airlines should not condone the behaviour of staff . let the prosecution present the full facts then we can judge.
until then innocent till proven guity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Escapes From Ritualist Den In Delta After Being Hypnotized / Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. / My Bitter Experience At The Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.