Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO (8140 Views)

Fraud In NBC: EFCC Recovers N10b, Set To Prosecute Ex-dg Mba, Three Others / Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 21, 2013
AGF Files N10b Suit Against Melaye,trustees Of NGO

The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke has filed a N10 billion libel suit against a former federal lawmaker, Mr. Dino Melaye, and the registered trustees of the non-governmental organisation, Anti-Corruption Network.

In the suit filed by a legal team of senior advocates totalling 11, the Attorney General contends that Mr Melaye, who is the head of the non-governmental organisation, and his group has damaged his reputation by accusing him of corrupt practices, obstruction of justice for corrupt elements and abuse of power as Minister of Justice.

The minister is asking an Abuja High Court for “an order of perpetual injunction restraining Melaye and his group from further inferring in any manner whatsoever to his reputation.

Mr. Melaye had raised seven allegations of abuse of office against the AGF including the controversial cases of the N150 billion recovered from former Oceanic Bank managing director, Mrs Cecilia Ibru, the $180 million Halliburton scandal and the return of Vaswani brothers to Nigeria after alleged N2.5 billion tax evasion.

No date has been fixed for hearing of the suit.
Link: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/21/agf-files-n10b-suit-against-melayetrustees-of-ngo/
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by manny4life(m): 11:39pm On May 21, 2013
Wait o, is it not the same AF that GEJ has instituted a ICPC investigation against?

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 21, 2013
Wait, wasn't this the same Dino that cheated on his wife and had a baby (one that he denied)?
The same guy that was protesting against corruption a few days ago?

hmm, either things are more unstable in Nigeria than I thought or I've been reading Nigerian news upside down.

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 21, 2013
Lemme get this straight....so Dino dirtied up Adoke's reputation by making a corruption allegation against him, but instead of proving Dino wrong with strong evidence, he's taking him (Dino) to court for defamation of character?

LOL......

4 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Wait, wasn't this the same Dino that cheated on his wife and had a baby (one that he denied)?

hmm, either things are more unstable in Nigeria than I thought or I've been reading Nigerian news upside down.
It's the same man. Even though he may have some personal faults, I admire his activism against govt corruption.

14 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 21, 2013
CFCfan:
It's the same man. Even though he may have some personal faults, I admire his activism against govt corruption.

Is he not corrupt himself?

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Lemme get this straight....so Dino dirtied up Adoke's reputation by making a corruption allegation against him, but instead of proving Dino wrong with strong evidence, he's taking him (Dino) to court for defamation of character?

LOL......

That's Nigerian political drama for you. BTW, Adoke would present his own evidence before the court during the libel proceedings.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 21, 2013
manny4life: Wait o, is it not the same AF that GEJ has instituted a ICPC investigation against?

Yup, it's the same guy.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 21, 2013
CFCfan:

That's Nigerian political drama for you. BTW, Adoke would present his own evidence before the court during the libel proceedings.

Mehn, oh boy, you have a high expectation for Nigerian politician.
Waiting for part 3 of this story sha

I'm still muling over Farouk and Femi's drama.

2 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 12:04am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Mehn, oh boy, you have a high expectation for Nigerian politician.
Waiting for part 3 of this story sha

I'm still muling over Farouk and Femi's drama.

That episode was truly bizarre. grin grin grin
Otedola was very smart in recording his 'secret' conversations with Farouk.

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by InvertedHammer: 12:12am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Is he not corrupt himself?

It takes a thief to catch a thief. Bottom line is that a thief is caught.

Are you more interested in the messenger than the message?

2 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by malc619(m): 12:14am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Wetin concern us with him private life?? After all the person who accused him is a high-class "ASHAWO" ..

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 12:14am On May 22, 2013
InvertedHammer:

I'm interested in both.

If a thief is going to send me a message, I want both message and messanger caught.

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by malc619(m): 12:16am On May 22, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Don't mind some fickle minded folks. Maybe we should wait for Jesus and Angel Gabriel to come down from heaven to help us fight corruption..

cool

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by tripxx: 1:02am On May 22, 2013
drama, drama and more drama. the most dramatic country in the world. we are just a bunch of unserious people. AGF is taking dino to court. a counter suit. wonders they say shall never end. the AGF should be removed from GEJ's kitchen cabinet. the AGF is so unworthy and cannot be the chief symbol of justice in Nigeria. a total waste of ministerial portfolio. an absolute waste of human space.

2 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by princemolak(m): 1:12am On May 22, 2013
Then Dino is doomed already bec our Lawyers no longer uphold the law,they See white and call it black

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by malc619(m): 1:23am On May 22, 2013
princemolak: Then Dino is doomed already bec our Lawyers no longer uphold the law,they See white and call it black

Nonsense!!

Adoke is the one who'll be getting himself messed up big time.

Mark my words!!

cool

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by jeffizy(m): 1:47am On May 22, 2013
I am concerned about the latest development simply for one reason.
It is a known fact that the attorney-general holds the judiciary by the jugular.
Often times cajoling and sometimes bullying the judges into a pre-determined judgement.

I rely on the assumption that Mr Dino Melaye has enough substantial evidence to back up his claims.
I would really love to see adoke do gangnam style in his corruption ridden judiciary.

2 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by jeffizy(m): 1:50am On May 22, 2013
malc619:

Don't mind some fickle minded folks. Maybe we should wait for Jesus and Angel Gabriel to come down from heaven to help us fight corruption..

cool
You're right. A drop of water makes an ocean. We gotta start from somewhere.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Tigerhead: 2:22am On May 22, 2013
malc619:

Nonsense!!

Adoke is the one who'll be getting himself messed up big time.

Mark my words!!

cool

The number of deluded children here is amazing.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by HARDEYLEKE(m): 5:11am On May 22, 2013
malc619:

Wetin concern us with him private life?? After all the person who accused him is a high-class "ASHAWO" ..

cheesy

hahahah badt mouth
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:43am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

LOL......
is there a law which says he shld dirtied himself by creating a media war jes to rebuff d statement?
Is there any better way for a man to teach a fool a lesson than going to court & slammin a suit on him?
Where else will all evidence be tendered? In the newspapers?

It appears dt most of you who put up a facade of intelligence are extremely suffering from it's malnutrition!!

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by alphaconde(m): 6:37am On May 22, 2013
Nice, @ least this could contail persons who tend to criticize and accuse people without facts. Just because one is in government doesn't make dem criminals. Wish those who accuse GEJ unnecessarily could be charged to court too
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by gistme24(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2013
11 SANs for a libel suit? So how many will he hire if its a full blown corruption case ? #Showoff
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 7:18am On May 22, 2013
gistme24: 11 SANs for a libel suit? So how many will he hire if its a full blown corruption case ? #Showoff

Adoke wants to totally annihilate Melaye in the legal battle grin
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by simplyme3(f): 7:25am On May 22, 2013
People just make comments on issues they know nothing about. The AGF gave dino the opportunity to prove his corruption case against him, the police invited Dino to come and prove his case against the Minister, but instead of Dino to go prove his case, he is asking the Minister to resign first. Haba. Now the Minister has done the right thing, sue his mother fuuucking arse if he cant prove his corruption allegations right. Nonsense.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by simplyme3(f): 7:27am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

LOL......

you need to just go into extinction here on NairaLand. Dino was called by police to prove his case right, he didnt do that, means he doesnt have any evidence against the Minister, so, whats that called? Is it not defamation of character?

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Investors Indicate Interest In Ajaokuta / Theophilus Danjuma Says Yoruba People Not Helping Matters In Nigeria / Heavily Armed Ebubeagu Member Anambra Branch.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.