Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff (30262 Views)

Abia:56 Sacked Non-indigenes Drop Dead. / INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. / Gtbank Aptitude Test On Friday 9th Of Nov 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by greall1: 4:01pm On May 22, 2013
I pray my friend is not among
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Okijajuju: 4:01pm On May 22, 2013
142 Niggars just lost their jobs..

They should go to Imo State and register with YOUTH MUST WORK programme launched yesterday by our beloved Rochas Okorocha. grin

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Akshow: 4:01pm On May 22, 2013
KrisJay: @ T-john, you said it all (Self Employment) I was some times disengaged by a zenith bank. Then I though my life has been dis arrayed with knowing that some thing good was about to happen. My brother, I wish they had disengaged me long long time ago. We all have some thing peculiar to us. Look for it and exchange with what you don't have and you see money looking after you. Stop looking for money,you can make money look for you.
how?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by abdulaz: 4:02pm On May 22, 2013
What offense did they commit?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by moscobabs(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2013
GTB? do they want to employ another staff? because i know very well that GTB short staff.the staff are just over-laboured.oga gan oo
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by gen2briz(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2013
slap1: Pity. I'd rather be a bus driver than work in these banks.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by dridowu: 4:06pm On May 22, 2013
deebrain: is that why their workers looked all gloomy at the branch at ikeja? hmmmmm....
hmmm, dr workers 4 okota branch also just dy frown face also today.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by emmajarule: 4:08pm On May 22, 2013
I jus confirmed from a staff now cos I was a staff before I left for a better place.Gtbank sacked 120 staff and dey are marketers dat score below c.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by faith1914: 4:09pm On May 22, 2013
Bank jobs are not dependable, anything can happen working with any bank this days, is always better to have little investment somewhere to hold-on to when this type of issues arises. God will help us.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 22, 2013
Yeah! It's true... I heard from a reliable souce this morning. In fact over 180 staffs where disengaged(not 142).
The bank just concluded their appraisal and I was told that those that had a "B" in their appraisal got their appointments terminated. Some TOs(transaction officers) that were not nominated by their boss were also relieved of their job...
I guess Gtbank is trying to downsize cos of next year... There will be challenges in the financial sector. Also most teams in the bank didn't meet their budget and the bank didn't make much profit during their first quarter.
It kinda sad! This country is becoming something else... There's high level of unemployment and when you fight tooth and nail to finally get the job, there is no security. The situation is getting worse by the day. sad sad
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by cascas: 4:17pm On May 22, 2013
Na waa oh
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by wisewale: 4:17pm On May 22, 2013
That's not new in Nigeria of today,just this last month Access Bank sacked almost 200 contract staff.We just have to pray that God should deliver us from all this our leaders and provide us with good and God fearing leaders that will give us good employment opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by cecegorz(m): 4:18pm On May 22, 2013
You kidding me?
GTB that is highly understaffed with available staff working like hell!
Now they have shed more staff, for the remaining ones, welcome to the plantation.
Your slavery just got tougher!

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by azimibraun: 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
Are you a learner? hw many ppl do u want to b self employed in this country; hw many of our youths are trainned to be self employed? you guys jst easily say self employed.... self employed have you botherd to count the number of youth in deep trouble all in the name of been self employed? some are now giant debtors, some killed by creditors who are mean and a whole lot are on the run or have become pathological liuras adn swindlers all jst to be self employed. if its that easy Daniel Gote(Dangote) and Otedola dem for b over one million for naija. self employ...self employ.. wia d money and knowledge? NO VEX ME O!

11 Likes

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by gbengalite(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2013
God Help us...GTB especially 're driving towards zero staffing.
In a branch their plan is to sack most of the staff and contract the rest jobs....oma se oo
God save us
Out of may be 35 workers per branch may be 11 are staff the rest Contract and I.T student
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by mindworx: 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
azimibraun: Are you a learner? hw many ppl do u want to b self employed in this country; hw many of our youths are trainned to be self employed? you guys jst easily say self employed.... self employed have you botherd to count the number of youth in deep trouble all in the name of been self employed? some are now giant debtors, some killed by creditors who are mean and a whole lot are on the run or have become pathological liuras adn swindlers all jst to be self employed. if its that easy Daniel Gote(Dangote) and Otedola dem for b over one million for naija. self employ...self employ.. wia d money and knowledge? NO VEX ME O!

grin grin grin grin ... This guy dey vex...hehehe... I like as you drop am like e hot.. *still laughing*
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by basisop(m): 4:45pm On May 22, 2013
Nairaland na real radio without battery! Now, now una don hear!
grin I dey fear una shocked
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Rick9(m): 5:03pm On May 22, 2013
Bank is the Last place i will work.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by NICKJET101(m): 5:07pm On May 22, 2013
when did this happen....?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by sizmokool: 5:16pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by dddaaayyyooo(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2013
Whaooo, losing a job is more difficult than haven't gotten 1 yet, because d fellow must hav started moving on lik buying a car, apartment, GF. Stopping d income and seating @ home for d 1st month will be like Hell on earth, Sorry to d affected people
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by elewedu(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2013
It is not only banks that sack , even manufacturing companies do too. 2 weeks ago, one of the leading cement manufacturer in the country which doubles as my place of work sacked 87 staff members out of about 600 , all in the name of right sizing. It is was so pathetic that even some victims had only spent 1year on the job. The lesson therein is no job security in the private sector, anybody can be let go anytime with any moral dillemma from the employer. So forget job security and consolidate fast while u re still on a paid job, and move on if u re asked to.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 22, 2013
Nobody can sack me, I am my own boss. I excel on my level.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Ninapha(f): 6:15pm On May 22, 2013
Either GTB lied abt their turnover! How cd they lay off when they made a whooping 103 billion. Ok maybe they are preparng for the flat rate charge order by CBN. We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Kekekenny(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2013
Comfirmed now, was told ds is just d first set more will still be sacked next week!!!!
My blood vibrated when i heard this, very very sad,schools should start training students to be
entrepreneurs o,

many don't have jobs while the ones thinking they
have woke up one day to realise that they wont be
going to work anymore. as far as Nigeria is concerned no white collar job is secured. take it or leave it in any work you do always get some kind of skilled work ability in case the white job stops you will still have something to be doing. do not waste any more you get while working. buy properties and do some good investments
should anything happen you wont be forced to head down to the village.
Moreover,The job security is never there. Start your every own company today! The earlier you start, the better for you. A word is enough for the wise. My sympathy to the sacked workers. God provided he has also taken and wil provide a better one for you guys. take heart.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by obinna002: 6:44pm On May 22, 2013
Last 3 weeks it was STANBIC IBTC, then ACCESS BANK, And now GTB, nawaoooooooooo sacking sacking sacking, banking job is turning to something else in Naija
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Paulscholari(m): 6:45pm On May 22, 2013
Imanuelle: Oya make dem come follow us line up for unemployment line.

make them go back back, make them no jump queue, we wey dun tey for the line go dey front. grin
hahahaha...na wa 4u o...una no even pity dem. I hop say dat ur gf no dey dier sha...lol
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by sanandreas(m): 6:51pm On May 22, 2013
How u do am pass? Tell us we wan hear
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 22, 2013
Paulscholari: hahahaha...na wa 4u o...una no even pity dem. I hop say dat ur gf no dey dier sha...lol

naaaah!
she be SELF-Employed!
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by 4peace(m): 7:09pm On May 22, 2013
50calibre: Aren't there employment laws in Nigeria, how can a company just sack 142 staff just like that, what are their reasons? Were they paid a severance fee?

story so they should keep lazy inefficient,ineffective staff because of law.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Phikom(m): 7:11pm On May 22, 2013
pathetic
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by ezzye: 7:28pm On May 22, 2013
Super1759: Not a new news anymore with banks.

"...new news......." Really!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tuesdays and Thursdays Guardian Jobs Adverts & Punch Wed Jobs Adverts / 5,000 Rivers State Job: Crowd Storms Secretariat To Submit Application (Photos) / Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.