Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! (5243 Views)

Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / The Descendants Of Noah: Our World Today / Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 12:14pm On May 22, 2013
Hi All,

I know. It sounds absurd. But all I will say is, read this book and you will be convinced beyond ALL doubt. If you believe the Word, it's prophecies, and know that the Word is accurate then you will come to the knowledge that we are the sons of Jacob. The book is called "The call to the Hebrews" by Mawuvi. You can check his site www.mawuvi.com

Many of us do not like to read, and that is our downfall. But let me tell you, when you begin to read this book, you won't want to put it down. Hopefully we can start an interesting debate as more of you read this book.

God bless
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2013
Seriously, you are silly.

Africa in history predate the Jew.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 2:32pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Seriously, you are silly.

Africa in history predate the Jew.

This is why some people don't progress, they assume and they refuse to read. The word 'Jew' is a relatively new word. Israelite means you are a descendant of Jacob. Just as an Ishmaelite is a descendant of Ishmmael. If you won't read the book, at least visit the website and you can review some of it and supporting scriptures. Only then should you comment.

But then, you are your own person, and you have the right to remain ignorant if you choose.

Shalom
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 3:03pm On May 22, 2013
Another slowpoke who dreams of being linked, by any means possible, to middle eastern myths.
What a a great tragedy and monumental insult to the Yoruba race.

The Yoruba race is 11,000yrs old.
Much older than the Abrahamic myths.

The entire human race began in Africa and spread out.
It is only moronic Africans that are desperately trying to trace their history backwards to the middle east.

2 Likes

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 3:12pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton: Another slowpoke who dreams of being linked, by any means possible, to middle eastern myths.
What a a great tragedy and monumental insult to the Yoruba race.

The Yoruba race is 11,000yrs old.
Much older than the Abrahamic myths.

The entire human race began in Africa and spread out.
It is only moronic Africans that are desperately trying to trace their history backwards to the middle east.

Well, we have a problem. Even Adam is younger than 11,000 years. God gave geneologies and also told you how old the patriarchs were when they died so that we can number the years. The human race came from Noah and his sons, from the region of mesopotamia.
Fyi, only three countries were known in "africa" then. Egypt, Libya and Ethiopia.
If you are not a christian, not much point having that debate. If you are, then read and understand the Word before making wild comments such as Yoruba's came before the creation - as that is what your statement suggests, and that is nonsense.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by deebrain(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Well, we have a problem. Even Adam is younger than 11,000 years. God gave geneologies and also told you how old the patriarchs were when they died so that we can number the years. The human race came from Noah and his sons, from the region of mesopotamia.
Fyi, only three countries were known in "africa" then. Egypt, Libya and Ethiopia.
If you are not a christian, not much point having that debate. If you are, then read and understand the Word before making wild comments such as Yoruba's came before the creation - as that is what your statement suggests, and that is nonsense.

LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!

Adam didn't exist! why would a God give geneologies. that is bullsh!t. Geneology is the human study of descent. A SPiritual force wont be involved in such material thinz.

are you saying Chinese came from MEsopotamia YOU ARE RAVING!

LMAO @ only 3 countries being known. Africa is not a country. know im suspecting you are the by-product of Obaidah mating with a CHimpanzee. There was no proper country called Libya. and what happened to India, SUmeria, China, Japan, Kindah/Himyar, Rome, etc. ? did you eat them up?

what a weirdo. .
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 3:41pm On May 22, 2013
deebrain:

The Judeans fled into Egypt after killing the governor the Babylonians installed to rule over them - taking Jeremiah the prophet with them. The Judeans who were captive in Babylon only returned to the land after 70 years. Those that fled to Africa never returned and God said they would not. For their idolatry and disobedience God punished them.

A particularly interesting prophecy is that the people would be carried into bondage by ships. You ought to know, Africans are the only people who were carried into slavery by ships Deuteronomy 28.68 (note, Egypt in this sense means bondage, this is confirmed elsewhere in the bible).

Read the book and you will understand how this group of Judeans (people of Judah) came to settle in the slave coast i.e. Nigeria, Togo, Ghana, Benin.

The key is to read. Hosea 4:6 says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge". I know many will read this, and not even check the site out and gain more knowledge. If I put a link up saying something like 'this person or that person caught having an affair', you will click on it.

Shalom
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 3:45pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!

Adam didn't exist! why would a God give geneologies. that is bullsh!t. Geneology is the human study of descent. A SPiritual force wont be involved in such material thinz.

are you saying Chinese came from MEsopotamia YOU ARE RAVING!

LMAO @ only 3 countries being known. Africa is not a country. know im suspecting you are the by-product of Obaidah mating with a CHimpanzee. There was no proper country called Libya. and what happened to India, SUmeria, China, Japan, Kindah/Himyar, Rome, etc. ? did you eat them up?

what a weirdo. .

Everybody descended from Noah and his sons. You are a "pagan" according to your name. Yet you are commenting on topics in the religion forum. Hope you discover the truth.

Shalom
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Everybody descended from Noah and his sons. You are a "pagan" according to your name. Yet you are commenting on topics in the religion forum. Hope you discover the truth.

Shalom

Paganism is a Religious conceot , you illiterate man!
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:01pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Paganism is a Religious concept , you illiterate man!

I had a look at some of your previous posts. I suggest you do read this book. It does contain interesting information on the origins of traditional religions. What some people ignorantly call Juju. I am not saying it is or it isn't, I have not enough knowledge on it to give an informed view, but judging by your previous posts, I am sure you can.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
OP are you Obaidahs cousin? or his illegitimate child?
LOOK AT THIS HEATHEN grin
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 4:03pm On May 22, 2013
@pagan9ja

You can see what our educational system is churning out unto the world.
I weep.
Humanity descended from Noah?
Wtf are these Christians drinking?

Do you see what i mean when i say that Africa on undergoing a mental holocaust.
Just the other day, a bunch of morons lost their lives stampeding for holy water from a religious fraudster.
can u imagine.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:06pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton: @pagan9ja

You can see what our educational system is churning out unto the world.
I weep.
Humanity descended from Noah?
Wtf are these Christians drinking?

Do you see what i mean when i say that Africa on undergoing a mental holocaust.
Just the other day, a bunch of morons lost their lives stampeding for holy water from a religious fraudster.
can u imagine.

Ok, you criticise the bible. Do you care to share with us your belief? How did man come to be on this earth?

Humans descending from Noah and his sons is the mainstream biblical view, accepted by Jews and Christians alike. Not sure who the Muslims say is the first man, but I am sure they agree we all have common ancestry.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 4:10pm On May 22, 2013
@op
Does the book explain how and when these Judeans who came to Nigeria turned their skins to charcoal black.?
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 4:14pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Ok, you criticise the bible. Do you care to share with us your belief? How did man come to be on this earth?

Humans descending from Noah and his sons is the mainstream?? biblical view, accepted by Jews and Christians alike. Not sure who the Muslims say is the first man, but I am sure they agree we all have common ancestry.
slowpoke,
Have you heard of science, history, archeology
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:15pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton: @op
Does the book explain how and when these Judeans who came to Nigeria turned their skins to charcoal black.?

The children of Israel were black.

Jer 14:2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

Son 1:5 [King Solomon:] I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Son 1:6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me

Lam 5:10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

I beg you to read. It might save your soul
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:17pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton:
slowpoke,
Have you heard of science, history, archeology

That does not answer my question. You probably don't have an idea.

When I see a monkey turn into a human, then we can talk.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

This is why some people don't progress, they assume and they refuse to read. The word 'Jew' is a relatively new word. Israelite means you are a descendant of Jacob. Just as an Ishmaelite is a descendant of Ishmmael. If you won't read the book, at least visit the website and you can review some of it and supporting scriptures. Only then should you comment.

But then, you are your own person, and you have the right to remain ignorant if you choose.

Shalom

Jacob did not exist in real life. The Israelites, are the descendants of the Hebrew patriarch Jacob and membership is determined by the seed of your forefathers only which are from Israel. Yorubas are older than the Jewish tribes. Go and read and stop following your pastor lies
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2013
Stop ranting here @ Op

Revelation 3:9

New International Version (©2011)

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars --I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

You are indeed a Jewish slave
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:37pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Jacob did not exist in real life. The Israelites, are the descendants of the Hebrew patriarch Jacob and membership is determined by the seed of your forefathers only which are from Israel. Yorubas are older than the Jewish tribes. Go and read and stop following your pastor lies

Yoruba's and Ghanaians were originally called Eve people. History will also show they ended up there after migrating south and west from Egypt. Egypt was attacked by Babylon, and the Israeli refugees at the time had to run away with the Egyptians. When you find out the true meaning of Eve, as the book will tell you, then you will know we are indeed the seed of Jacob. Read the book!

Shalom
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The children of Israel were black.

Jer 14:2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

Son 1:5 [King Solomon:] I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Son 1:6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me

Lam 5:10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

I beg you to read. It might save your soul

poor standard of living cant turn the white to black. The white will only be pale in skin.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Stop ranting here @ Op

Revelation 3:9

New International Version (©2011)

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars --I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

You are indeed a Jewish slave

This verse pertains to those who came and settled in the land once the Assyrians took the Northern tribes captive. They converted to the religion of the Israelites to avoid calamity God sent on them. Read 2 Kings 17.

And then there is the Khazars, those are the europeans who went to Israel and adopted Judaism. To accept Christianity was to subvert to Roman Empire. These are the european looking jews we see today, and by observing their practices, you can see why God said what he said in Revelation.

Shalom
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
This op's brain is diseased.

Oh my beloved Africa,
I weep for thee.
Thy children wandereth like lost sheep,
Because they have abandoned thee.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:43pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

poor standard of living cant turn the white to black. The white will only be pale in skin.

Read the book of Acts. The apostle Paul was mistaken for an Ethipian.
Also, the word 'Niger' is used to describe Simeon. Converted from greek, this means black. I guess that is where the word "nigger" comes from.

Act 13:1 "Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger"
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 4:51pm On May 22, 2013
Op,
You are illiterate.
Europeans went to Israel to convert to Christianity and then became white European Jews?
First, during time of early Christianity, there was no place called Israel.
Second, if a European went to Palestine to become a Christian, how does he become a Jew? You moronically equate Christianity with JewishNess or Judaism.
slowpoke, Jews abhor Christianity.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:54pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Yoruba's and Ghanaians were originally called Eve people. History will also show they ended up there after migrating south and west from Egypt. Egypt was attacked by Babylon, and the Israeli refugees at the time had to run away with the Egyptians. When you find out the true meaning of Eve, as the book will tell you, then you will know we are indeed the seed of Jacob. Read the book!

Shalom

Truely, you are real educated illiterate.

So the yoruba are not from Jacob anymore? They are now from eve.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:58pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

This verse pertains to those who came and settled in the land once the Assyrians took the Northern tribes captive. They converted to the religion of the Israelites to avoid calamity God sent on them. Read 2 Kings 17.

And then there is the Khazars, those are the europeans who went to Israel and adopted Judaism. To accept Christianity was to subvert to Roman Empire. These are the european looking jews we see today, and by observing their practices, you can see why God said what he said in Revelation.

Shalom

And who are those claiming to be Jew? Silly you
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:59pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton: Op,
You are illiterate.
Europeans went to Israel to convert to Christianity and then became white European Jews?
First, during time of early Christianity, there was no place called Israel.
Second, if a European went to Palestine to become a Christian, how does he become a Jew? You moronically equate Christianity with JewishNess or Judaism.
slowpoke, Jews abhor Christianity.

You are slow to understand. Let me feed you in bullet points.

The Khazars were European. They converted to Judaism for political reasons

At the time, the population of the original black Jews (these are the true Israelites) was low, for two reasons:
1. The Babylonians carried many off for 70 years. Those that remained ran off to Egypt for the reaons I mentioned earlier.

2. The Assyrians carried the northern Israelites (10 tribe Kingdom) into permanent exile. They put their own people (who were brown,not black) in the land. 2 Kings 17 explains this.

When the Judeans finally returned from Babylon, they would have mixed over time with the people they found in the land. And further down the line, they would have mixed with the Khazars.
Today 95% of Jews are Ashkenazi. These are not the original Israelites but are converts. Hence Revelation 3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee"
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by stevecantrell: 5:04pm On May 22, 2013
OP , I believe you.
I'm no scholar, but you could have a little more accurate if you said the Yoruba are descendants of ABRAHAM. An ifa priest once told me the IFA originated from his fore-father ABRAHAM.

In Genesis, it is written that God called Abram and he became Abra-ham. So at that point he abandoned his pagan religion and followed God, becoming father of many nations including JACOB who later became ISRAEL.

The thing is not all Abraham's grandchildren, adhered to this new religion and went back to the old ways. That is why paganism is still alive and well.

What do ya think about that ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Is Religion Not A Form Of Mental Illness At Times? / The Revelation About The End Time And Angel Appearance / •Sun-day Worship, A Christianized Form Of Sun Worship Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.