Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Going For Msc In USA Vs Staying Back For A Contract Position - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Going For Msc In USA Vs Staying Back For A Contract Position (822 Views)

Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going For Msc In USA Vs Staying Back For A Contract Position by conyema12(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2013
Hello guys,

I seriously need your advise in this house. I am currently working with a Local Oil and Gas servicing company as a field Engineer under a contract position with a monthly pay of about #60-180 ( variation depends on how often you go the field).Although you will only be staffed after 3 years.

Now I am seriously considering going to USA for MSC in petroleum Geology to upgrade my skills and exposure.

am I making the right decision? because I will not like to be looking for job again after graduating... cos sometimes they will say that a bird at hand worths more than a thousand in the bush.

Also I am newly married, Is it safe to sacrifice these few years being away from my family at this tender stage.

Please I believe some of us have been in this same position, your invaluable advise will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Going For Msc In USA Vs Staying Back For A Contract Position by Otuabaroku: 5:00pm On May 22, 2013
Hi conyema12,my take on this, is for you to concentrate on your current job and get as much experience you can get from it.This is because, you have the opportunity of being a staff after 3 years. You also have the opportunity of getting a better job with more pay when you have gathered one or two years experience from this your present job. Remember, experience counts more in your field than qualifications(certificates).After 3 years, you can conveniently make the decision of going for your masters. Then, with 3 years experience and masters, the sky would be your starting point.
Re: Going For Msc In USA Vs Staying Back For A Contract Position by gbengalite(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2013
Bros Abeg, no try am.

Hell NO, my Brother left Zenith Bank as Staff and left for MSC @Cranfield UK
He is back now looking for Job, Although he is busy with one two thnig.
Not to Talk of you being married.

Think Twice oo

1 Like

Re: Going For Msc In USA Vs Staying Back For A Contract Position by ecolime(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2013
Otuabaroku: Hi conyema12,my take on this, is for you to concentrate on your current job and get as much experience you can get from it.This is because, you have the opportunity of being a staff after 3 years. You also have the opportunity of getting a better job with more pay when you have gathered one or two years experience from this your present job. Remember, experience counts more in your field than qualifications(certificates).After 3 years, you can conveniently make the decision of going for your masters. Then, with 3 years experience and masters, the sky would be your starting point.

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Or Stanbic ibtc / M.sc In Accounting & ICAN: Which One Should I Do First? / Agip/mobil Masive Job Recruitment Online Form Is Out 08132681087

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.