Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) (23179 Views)

Agagu Burial Rites Commences today / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites / Final Burial Rites Of Ojukwu To Begin On Saturday 11th February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Babasessy(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2013
The burial rites of Nigeria's literary icon, Chinua Achebe, began with the arrival of his body at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja this morning.

The rites will climax with his interment on Thursday, in his hometown, Ogidi, Anambra state.
Gov Peter Obi was responsible for chattering the Overland Airline that is conveying the corpse

http://amazingstoriesaroundtheworld..co.uk/2013/05/photorama-live-pictures-from-on-going.html
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/135210-chinua-achebe-burial-live-blog.html

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Babasessy(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2013
Photo News

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by kennyonthrone(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2013
@topic woow very kul pics,R.I.P ma literary Icon

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by greall1: 4:02pm On May 22, 2013
R I P
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by oloriooko(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2013
adieu sir
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 22, 2013
Is that not Obi and Ngige walking hand to hand? Laughing in ACN.
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by 3ace(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2013
Wow! So Ngige is this short. shocked
@topic, what a befitting burial for a great icon. Rest in peace sir.
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Bigflamie(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2013
Choi! The mega icon is gone cry cry cry
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 4:07pm On May 22, 2013
Adieu...
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 22, 2013
I Hope To Pick Up From Where U Left Sir... Rest In Perfect Peace....
#Team= Literature#
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by konn: 4:09pm On May 22, 2013
For God's sake this man is a national hero why is it only south east governors that are rallying round him what happened to other south south, south west, and north? lets all learn to celebrate a genius RIP sir

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by daywatcher: 4:10pm On May 22, 2013
so long for one Nigerian, a person that is supposed to be a national hero has only people from his tribe attending his funeral...RIP Mr Achebe, you represented Africa well.
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by ibkgab001: 4:12pm On May 22, 2013
Truly there was a country ...there was a Man rest in peace man!!!

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Samelfisha(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2013
Marthakings: I Hope To Pick Up From Where U Left Sir... Rest In Perfect Peace....
#Team= Literature#
better pick up grin
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by PHEMMY18(m): 4:13pm On May 22, 2013
R I P
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2013
I heard 4 heads of state will be attending the burial and the Arch Bishop of Canterbury will be attending also. RIP Achebe.
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by AnanseK(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2013
Babasessy:

Gov Peter Obi was responsible for chattering the Overland Airline that is conveying the corpse

Hiring a plane is spelled - Charter and the continuous form is "chartering".

To talk quickly and continuosly about things that are not important is "chattering".

And the 2 words have different pronounciations.[b][/b]

4 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by AnanseK(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2013
konn: For God's sake this man is a national hero why is it only south east governors that are rallying round him what happened to other south south, south west, and north? lets all learn to celebrate a genius RIP sir

I agree with you. Perhaps his last book modified perceptions across the country.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2013
RIP Achebe

I like the maturity being shown by Igbo and especially Anambra politicians. Despite their political leanings, they put all that aside for a common goal. I've noticed this trend between Peter Obi and Ngige.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by DJDOLA(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2013
RIP SIR....but sir forgive me because have never read any of ur book before..

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by 1MCN: 4:28pm On May 22, 2013
Odogwu nwoke
Nnukwu nmawu
Osisi Orji
Ikemba
Ikenga
Ugwu-mba
Onye bu uzo
Aha-eji-aga-mba
Odee
Isi-afulu-kwaba-okpu
Nwoke oma enyi oha
Oka-mmuta
Alibati Chinualumogu nwa Anichebem
Laa n'udo
Ise!

25 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Reachyrich(f): 4:29pm On May 22, 2013
Gud night achebe.
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by sholay2011(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2013
DJDOLA: RIP SIR....but sir forgive me because have never read any of ur book before..
Why do you seek forgiveness? Is it written in the Holy Book that not reading any of papa's books would take one to hell? undecided grin just asking....
Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 22, 2013
I emphasized that we had gone -1000 wise men down, and someone hid my comment?
moderator? did I break a rule?

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:42pm On May 22, 2013
konn: For God's sake this man is a national hero why is it only south east governors that are rallying round him what happened to other south south, south west, and north? lets all learn to celebrate a genius RIP sir

People respected and admired him until he wrote that tribal book There Was a Country.

If Nigerians know anything, we know how to spot a common tribalist. That book ruined his reputation here in Naija.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / Senator YAYI Was Not abducted By The Thugs, He Mistakenly Entered Their Vehicle / Sorrowful Letter To Asiwaju Bola Tinubu By Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.