Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

American Tv Vs British Tv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Tv Vs British Tv (1790 Views)

Lg Led Tv Vs Samsung Led Tv Products: Which Would You Recommend? / Nigeria Bashed (Or Exposed?) Again On American TV - CSI On CBS / Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Tv Vs British Tv by SeanT21(f): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2008
which country has the best TV show,

Which country has the best actor/actress,

which country makes the best movies,

which has the funniest comercials,

Please dont be bias.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by TCUBE(m): 4:51am On Apr 26, 2008
american , british fior where?
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by iice(f): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2008
How come lots of your topics are about US Vs UK?
Nwayz, am not too picky. . .i pretty much watch almost anything.
However some original British shows cannot be adapted perfectly for American Tv. . .case in point - Coupling - The humour is off the awesome! cheesy.
I also prefer the british version of 'The Office' to the American one. undecided
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by SeanT21(f): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2008
iice:

How come lots of your topics are about US Vs UK?
Nwayz, am not too picky. . .i pretty much watch almost anything.
However some original British shows cannot be adapted perfectly for American Tv. . .case in point - Coupling - The humour is off the awesome! cheesy.
I also prefer the british version of 'The Office' to the American one. undecided

i am just trying to figure out if america is better that the UK.people say america is better.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by iice(f): 6:18am On Apr 29, 2008
Shouldn't it be subjective?
And not based on statistics or whatever but on the 'vibe' a person gets from a place undecided
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by candylips(m): 9:39am On Apr 29, 2008
SeanT21:

i am just trying to figure out if america is better that the UK.people say america is better.

Why don't you stick with your america and stop trying to compare then.

All these places are not even your home country you are probably just an immigrant. Even some native Americans or native British people will love to migrate to other places.

Abeg try drop all this UK vs US thingy cos its not worth it.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by iice(f): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2008
Candylips na wah. . .so which do you prefer? as if that makes any difference in a good show undecided
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by SeanT21(f): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2008
candylips:

Why don't you stick with your america and stop trying to compare then.

All these places are not even your home country you are probably just an immigrant. Even some native Americans or native British people will love to migrate to other places.

Abeg try drop all this UK vs US thingy because its not worth it.

everyone in the US of A is an immigrant honey. Besides whats the fuss? yes thank you, i will be sticking with my america. You can stick with your fish and Chips.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by candylips(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2008
iice:

Candylips na wah. . .so which do you prefer? as if that makes any difference in a good show undecided

I definately love american tv shows. British tv is crap at best.

At the end of the day i prefer neither of these countries.
Nija is still where home is and will always be.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by iice(f): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2008
Hahaha. . .But the british do have some good shows undecided
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by dinozzo(m): 5:42pm On May 01, 2008
In terms of tv shows, UK tv shows abeg which one dey? is it my family or whats the name or eastenders emmerdale can those be categorised as tv shows or na spooks or the bill, basically they are all shyte tongue. I think American tv is a lot better, most of the big shows on tv in the UK are american lost, PB, desperate housewives, ugly betty etc.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by zigbo(f): 8:55pm On May 04, 2008
its definately america
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by Arielle: 10:59pm On May 04, 2008
I prefer British comedies.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by mohawkchic(f): 12:05am On May 05, 2008
~Hmmm Ummm undecided ~

~I Couldnt be Biased even if i wanted to tongue
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by Spermdrops(m): 5:08am On May 08, 2008
Definitely American.  Will not watch British movies for free.  "The Bank Job" promised to be my last.

Sucky actors and actresses.  Dreary and macabre environment with ugly people in them, without any sense of fashion.

But still better than Nigerian movies though.

You can't beat the Americans. The best in everything including the good the bad and the ugly.  Go to any movie store in the Britain, all you find there are American movies.

Go to any movie store in America, Bristish movies are "quarantined" in one shelf called "foreign" productions.

Just can't stand that their accent, with their bad teeth.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by SeanT21(f): 9:19pm On May 08, 2008
Spermdrops:

Definitely American. Will not watch British movies for free. "The Bank Job" promised to be my last.

Sucky actors and actresses. Dreary and macabre environment with ugly people in them, without any sense of fashion.

But still better than Nigerian movies though.

You can't beat the Americans. The best in everything including the good the bad and the ugly. Go to any movie store in the Britain, all you find there are American movies.

Go to any movie store in America, Bristish movies are "quarantined" in one shelf called "foreign" productions.

Just can't stand that their accent, with their bad teeth.

damn, u went harsh.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by Arielle: 10:24pm On May 11, 2008
Americans do know how to put on a good show. Look at 'Strictly Come Dancing' and 'Dancing with the Stars'. The standards of the performances and the production, even the costumes, are so far apart, its unreal. From American Idol to Dancing with the Stars, to The Office, Americans have taken the original shows from the British and made it so much better.
Still love British comedies.
Not feeling the American accent, either. The upper class British accent is so yummy.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by abujabooks(f): 11:55am On May 14, 2008
Americans make the best movies.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by savanaha: 6:53am On May 16, 2008
I like the Catherine Tate Show- British
Trigger Happy
Monty Python
Are you Being Serve

Mad TV- American
can't remember some others right now.
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by zigbo(f): 10:32pm On May 18, 2008
how does anyone like that? catherine tate show, some british comedy show ar jst extreely wackk
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by candylips(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2009
yea watching any british show is equivalent to wasting 30 mins to 1 hr of your life which can be used on something more productive. They are that useless
Re: American Tv Vs British Tv by jeremyro: 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
The US have a larger movie industry, this should be obvious to everyone, and the four main networks, abc, fox, nbc, and cbs have some fairly good programming with some highly entertaining shows on them, which are sold on to many countries including the UK. But I think the UK can shine with quality programming with their public network BBC for which the brits have to pay fees, The only equivalent there is the US would be the PBS channel they do make some really good documentaries,

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone A Bether African Videos Website? / How The Movie ' The Interview ' Full Length Download Went Viral By Hackers / Please Who Knows This Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.