Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Eggon People - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Eggon People (53456 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Eggon People by maingwaest(f): 5:05am On Sep 04, 2014
@ Pagan9ja, may God bless u for this write up. Proudly and 100% Eggon. EGGON KYENKYEN.

2 Likes

Re: The Eggon People by Ayoola171(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2014
igboboy1:

Vex? LOL...
In my chris breezy's voice - aint nobody gat time for that...

I never make money finish na to vex for yoruba i wan begin do? I gat 99 problems and yorubas aint one
Nice one.
Re: The Eggon People by bknight: 10:04am On Sep 04, 2014
maingwaest: . Totally disagree wit u, the Eggons are the most friendly and accommodating.

You may want to begin to disagree with my previous post by telling the story of the white missionary that was killed in Eggon land, disputing that he was used as sacrifice. Also, dispute the fact (or otherwise) that he cursed the Eggon people.

These are from his Eggon history stories.
Re: The Eggon People by bknight: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
-

1 Like

Re: The Eggon People by igboboy1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: no tym abeg...go sleep

time dey.. i don sleep finish..
Re: The Eggon People by bknight: 10:29am On Sep 05, 2014
(Moderators: Fulaman198, odumchi, bigfrancis21)

Pray tell why my conversation with PAGANJ9A was hidden. The instances I cited are factual parts of Eggon history that NOT ONE of the Eggon indigenes here debunked.

My no-holds-barred interraction with PAGAN9JA only highlighted a true history that should have been part of the original post. We argued for/against the rationale behind their actions.

Thanks, in anticipation of your response(s).

Seun, it will be appreciated if a comment is generated to inform one why his post is hidden. We'd agree that if a policeman arrests one the least the officer can do is tell the offence.

1 Like

Re: The Eggon People by Fulaman198(m): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
bknight: (Moderators: Fulaman198, odumchi, bigfrancis21)

Pray tell why my conversation with PAGANJ9A was hidden. The instances I cited are factual parts of Eggon history that NOT ONE of the Eggon indigenes here debunked.

My no-holds-barred interraction with PAGAN9JA only highlighted a true history that should have been part of the original post. We argued for/against the rationale behind their actions.

Thanks, in anticipation of your response(s).

Seun, it will be appreciated if a comment is generated to inform one why his post is hidden. We'd agree that if a policeman arrests one the least the officer can do is tell the offence.

Even if it may be true, it was hidden because it says something negative about an ethnic/tribal group. It's in violation of rules 1 and 3.
Re: The Eggon People by stillstrong: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
Three things I learnt about the Eggon people:

1. They're hardworking people, tilling and cultivating their farmlands as a major means of livelihood & for commercial purposes.

2. They're very receptive to strangers (expecially Corp Members). "Corpers" were treated like kings and queens.

3. Honesty. During my stay there, most market traders leave their goods (mostly food items like yams, maize etc) in the market without securing away from thieves. I was told by an indigene friend that stealing was rare. In fact any one caught in the act was given severe punishment or ostracised.
I actually plan on visiting again for old times' sake and probably to explore business opportunities- trading in farm produce.

3 Likes

Re: The Eggon People by AssoJnr: 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
stillstrong: Three things I learnt about the Eggon people:

1. They're hardworking people, tilling and cultivating their farmlands as a major means of livelihood & for commercial purposes.

2. They're very receptive to strangers (expecially Corp Members). "Corpers" were treated like kings and queens.

3. Honesty. During my stay there, most market traders leave their goods (mostly food items like yams, maize etc) in the market without securing away from thieves. I was told by an indigene friend that stealing was rare. In fact any one caught in the act was given severe punishment or ostracised.
I actually plan on visiting again for old times' sake and probably to explore business opportunities- trading in farm produce.
you are always welcome to Eggon land. we have lots of food to sustain any stranger visiting. so where exactly did u serve please

2 Likes

Re: The Eggon People by SlamDunk(m): 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
There's unrest in their region at the moment. Nasarawa eggon VS fulani. And its bloody
Re: The Eggon People by alnaijiri(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2014
Muslims of Nigeria, let's step up our dawah efforts and civilise these people by bringing them into the fold of the Islamic Ummah, so that they know right from wrong, honour from shame. No longer will they shame themselves in nudity. No longer will they be like zoo animals to these Western missionaries (may God curse them!).
Re: The Eggon People by AssoJnr: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
alnaijiri: Muslims of Nigeria, let's step up our dawah efforts and civilise these people by bringing them into the fold of the Islamic Ummah, so that they know right from wrong, honour from shame. No longer will they shame themselves in nudity. No longer will they be like zoo animals to these Western missionaries (may God curse them!).
you are a fool, I rather stay and die in nudity, worship the idols my forefathers worshipped than bowing to a cursed religion like islam. moreover, is there civilization in Islam? a religion that sorely believe and depend on violence can never be a religion. stepup to d light mr cos u are still living in darkness. foolish idiot, is it not all Islamic countries all over the world that are killing people like animals? a religion that have no value for human life can never be called civilized

3 Likes

Re: The Eggon People by tempest01(m): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=dav8id]
Musha or gidan ausa . Where did u serve? Gov.sec.sch musha?

Proudly E.G.G.O.N[/quote

Yes GSS Musha. 2012
Re: The Eggon People by Alisha4U(f): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
alnaijiri: Muslims of Nigeria, let's step up our dawah efforts and civilise these people by bringing them into the fold of the Islamic Ummah, so that they know right from wrong, honour from shame. No longer will they shame themselves in nudity. No longer will they be like zoo animals to these Western missionaries (may God curse them!).

Chai, Islam!!!!!!!!!!

See hate dripping from a simple statement, Islam is a curse.

3 Likes

Re: The Eggon People by alnaijiri(m): 4:48am On Sep 30, 2014
AssoJnr:
you are a fool, I rather stay and die in nudity, worship the idols my forefathers were worshipping than bowing to a cure religion like islam. moreover, is there civilization in Islam? a religion that sorely believe and depend on violence can never be a religion. stepup to d light mr cos u are still living in darkness. foolish idiot, is it not all Islamic countries all over the world that are killing people like animals? a religion that has no value for human live can never be called civilized

Verily, the denial of the One God and worship of idols will lead you to hellfire. Islam is the greatest civilising force in the history of mankind. God-willing, All of Nigeria will soon be an Islamic land, ruled by Islamic law only. First Nigeria, then all of West Africa, then all of Africa will become Islamic: we African Muslims must step our efforts to spread the light to this Dark Continent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Eggon People by alnaijiri(m): 4:49am On Sep 30, 2014
Alisha4U:

Chai, Islam!!!!!!!!!!

See hate dripping from a simple statement, Islam is a curse.

Where did you sense "hate" from my post? I care about these people and know that only Islam can save them and bring them to civilisation.
Re: The Eggon People by AssoJnr: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
alnaijiri:

Verily, the denial of the One God and worship of idols will lead you to hellfire. Islam is the greatest civilising force in the history of mankind. God-willing, All of Nigeria will soon be an Islamic land, ruled by Islamic law only. First Nigeria, then all of West Africa, then all of Africa will become Islamic: we African Muslims must step our efforts to spread the light to this Dark Continent.
not in your wildest dreams, islam is dieing offfffff. glad to tell you that we have 3 convert from Islam in my family and they are happy to av left the darkness. moreover, show me an Islamic country that is peaceful today. OLODO boko sponsors because of 72 virgins

2 Likes

Re: The Eggon People by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 24, 2018
I'm proudly Eggon. The heart beat of Nasarawa

1 Like

Re: The Eggon People by Anistef: 11:12pm On May 24, 2018
Lenadiva:
I'm proudly Eggon. The heart beat of Nasarawa

yes ooh anytime

1 Like

Re: The Eggon People by jbblues24(m): 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Such magical. angry
Re: The Eggon People by darfay: 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
igwe4life:
I served in Nasarawa Eggon, Eggon Witch na No1 in Africa, the things wey i see for there if i talk am some people no go fit sleep tonight o.

Give us small gist na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Hope Labelled A Witch Years Ago, Becomes A Wedding Best Man In Akwa Ibom / Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.