Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World (8555 Views)

Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Who Is The Most Powerful Woman In Nigeria? / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by aburo7: 11:15pm On May 22, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1120579_ngoooo_JPG383766ccf7350c9c3c6e381b183d7984[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1120580_nngo_JPGf943da5a6ad680125f1103b37765386b[/img]

On Wednesday May 22nd 2013,Forbes released its annual list of 100 most Powerful Women in the world and Nigeria's Minister of Finance and coordinating Minister of the Economy,Dr Okonjo Iweala has made the list again.She is ranked 83rd,moving from 81st position to 83rd.
According to Forbes,"Our annual snapshot of the 100 women with the most impact are top politicians and CEOs, activist billionaires and celebrities who matter. In roughly equal measure you’ll find next gen entrepreneurs and media mavens, technologists and leaders in philanthropy — all ranked by dollars, media momentum and impact ".
German Chancellor,Angela Merkel tops the list while Michelle Obama occupies the 4th position.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/ngozi-okonjo-iweala/
http://www.forbes.com/power-women/#page:9_sort:0_direction:asc_search:
http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/05/dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-drops-to-83rd.html?m=0
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by samik900(m): 2:44am On May 23, 2013
Dis woman is indeed very influntial.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by peleson: 3:09am On May 23, 2013
Beautiful woman

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by obiajurum25: 7:03am On May 23, 2013
Congrats to her at least we still have good records internationally.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Goddex: 7:32am On May 23, 2013
Op this is not news again, we already know.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nedu31(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2013
Congrate Iron lady
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by TheBookWorm: 2:52pm On May 23, 2013
She could be Nigeria's Iron Lady one day. cool

It is sad that some Nigerians do not give this woman the respect she rightfully deserves.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by manny4life(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2013
Aunty Ngo, you know say I admire you, I wish you could be my mentor..

but @OP, ehen...and so?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by fittty(m): 2:54pm On May 23, 2013
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by TS2(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2013
peleson: Beautiful woman

LOL
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by akintun: 2:57pm On May 23, 2013
D president wife and d petroleum minister are actually more powerful than her ( even with Forbes methodology)
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by coputa(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2013
Most powerful by the position she occupies or by reeling out anti people policies and programes to make nigerians poorer while her rating will continue to soar high.....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Kings77: 2:59pm On May 23, 2013
C
O
N
G
R
A
T
U
L
A
T
I
O
N
S
!.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Paspane: 2:59pm On May 23, 2013
no mind dos nansense nairalanders wey dey rubbish the woman...na jealousy dey wori dem] sey no b dier mama she b grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 23, 2013
i feel glad whenever i hear things like this even in the midst of crisis something good can still come out of nigeria.......good one maam.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 23, 2013
akintun: D president wife and d petroleum minister are actually more powerful than her ( even with Forbes methodology)
Why nt hang urself
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 23, 2013
T.S:

LOL
Is that nt Chidima my ex babe foto am seeing there?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 23, 2013
Name sake tnz......
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by ACM10: 3:04pm On May 23, 2013
fittty: smiley
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 23, 2013
Congrat Aunty Ngor.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by theripper3: 3:05pm On May 23, 2013
Wetin b Kim Kardashian own position abeg?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Lilimax(f): 3:10pm On May 23, 2013
the_ripper3: Wetin b Kim Kardashian own position abeg?
They are talking about powerful women and not just a slut tongue
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by fashtundejay(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2013
;DShe was my most hated person durin d fuel subsidy removal.....but, she
has found her way to my heart by lifting dis country's name up wherever she is found. Kudos to you ma. I celebrate with u grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by acidtalk: 3:12pm On May 23, 2013
Ngozi Okonjo 'Puff-Puff Cheek' Iweala is one of Nigerian's most Educated, Knowledgable, Hard working and Focused women that has ever come out of Nigeria.

For those who don't follow the thinking of the crowd but rather rely on facts and History, it is known that this womanwas highly influential in helping Nigeria cut down on its debt from the Paris club. Even though there were obvious corruption involved in that process (I.e; her brother being the Consultant between Nigeria and Paris Club made a whooping $1million from the deal).

At a point in Obasanjo's regime, the woman Okonjo Iweala was becoming more popular and appreciate than General Olusegun Obasanjo both Within Nigeria, Africa and the entire world. Heads Of State were demanding having meetings with Okonjo Iweala instead of the President (Obasanjo), and this infuriated him. As we all know Obasanjo is a man who loves and craves for attention at the slightest opportunity and this made him resguffle his Carbinet and that saw Okonjo Iweala being moved from the Finance minister to the Foreign ministry.

Nzogi, being one who is stubborn and never bows down to pressure or wanting anyone counter her decision, got upset, irritated and frustrated with the cabinet reshuffle and resigned. Making her return to the World bank as the 2nd most powerful person there.

Now GEJ being a political harl*ot and desperate to get the full support of the easterners and knowing he was totally clueless on financial issues, had to BEG Okonjo to come and join his cabinet, the woman haven first learned from the mistake she made under Obasanjo made her put pressure on Jonathan to agree totally with her terms. Amongst which include, being solely in charge of decisions made in financial and economic issues of the country with the likes of the CBN governor having little or no power to over turn her decision......

On the issue of her part on the fuel subsidy, the western world "PROMISED" Okonjo Iweala their support to be the World Bank's next president if ONLY the fuel subsidy in Nigeria is totally CANCELlLED. This was a total success as Nigerian's opposed to the total removal of fuel subsidy. This then left Okonjo Ngozi loosing out on both sides as the western nations had no option that to withdraw their support from her.

A bad and terrible as jonathan's government is, there are only 3 (THREE) Inner caucus members in that cabinet and they are Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Lamido Sanusi Lamido and OTHERS.

I need to stop here for now so not much is revealed further. But in my own opinion I think the woman Ngozi Okonjo Iweala deserves more than that 83rd position Forbe's put her on their list as the World's most influential women.

Number 1 is so onpoint as she makes basically the decisions to the entire Euro zone countries on economic and social matters. But what's so influential about Michelle Obama to give her the number 4 position? Michelle has no say whatever on topical and critical world issues. She can only top the list when it comes to Entertainment and Fashion ratings.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Tunsbobo(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2013
Forbes is a dumb company, they should be banned for putting iweala on the list again!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by manny4life(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2013
Tunsbobo: Forbes is a dumb company, they should be banned for putting iweala on the list again!

Bad belle will not kill you... and the people shout AMEN.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by kingingkinging: 3:17pm On May 23, 2013
Good for her and Nigeria.

These are the few things we see in Nigeria apart from bombing and kidnapping
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by fittty(m): 3:18pm On May 23, 2013
ACM10:
undecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 23, 2013
83rd's low, considering the fact dat she just vied for the World Bank presidential position a few months ago!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by daviide: 3:22pm On May 23, 2013
Very Good! I rilli lyk seeing d woman speak ..She's good nd up-standing regardless of what some bias nd myopic people may say
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 23, 2013
manny4life:

Bad belle will not kill you... and the people shout AMEN.
Amen from me here
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 23, 2013
She's probably the most influential woman in Nigeria at the moment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

xxxx / Watch How Senator Remi Tinubu Disrupts Senate Proceedings And Threatens Senators / Biafra: EU Parliament Calls For The Immediate Release Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.