Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book (6192 Views)

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! / El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo / Nuggets From El-rufai's Book-el-rufai Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by 2gbasky22(m): 12:04am On May 23, 2013
Book seller jailed three months for selling pirated copies of el-Rufai's book

Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday, sentenced a bookseller, Chibueze Akamu, to three months imprisonment, for selling pirated copies of Mallam Nasir el-Rufai’s recently published book, ‘The Accidental Public Servant’.
In the book, El-Rufai, a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory under former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration, gave an account of his service in government.
Justice Saliu Saidu sentenced the AKamu, who was without any legal representation, pleaded guilty to the charges preferred against him by the Nigerian Copyright Commission.
The accused pleaded guilty to the two counts of piracy and sale of pirated books.
But the judge ordered that the three months sentence for each of the counts should run concurrently

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/bookseller-jailed-three-months-for-selling-pirated-copies-of-el-rufais-book/

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Garrithe1st: 12:58am On May 23, 2013
I think the sentence is too light. It should be a minimum of 3 years without the option of a fine. These criminals are the reason why many talented folks in Nigeria remain poor. They pirate books, songs, films etc, reaping where they didn't sow.

P.S. I REFUSE to comment on the ethnicity of the convicted fellow as doing so contravenes RULE 1.

cool cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Nobody: 9:38am On May 23, 2013
Eleyii ga oh
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by FoxyVista(m): 9:40am On May 23, 2013
Garri the 1st: I think the sentence is too light. It should be a minimum of 3 years without the option of a fine. These criminals are the reason why many talented folks in Nigeria remain poor. They pirate books, songs, films etc, reaping where they didn't sow.

P.S. I REFUSE to comment on the ethnicity of the convicted fellow as doing so contravenes RULE 1.

cool cool cool

HAhahahahahaha....

Igbo people are always business oriented....

BTW, I'm a proud Igbo man.
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Nobody: 9:40am On May 23, 2013
Which kain name be Akamu?
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by untainted: 9:42am On May 23, 2013
I hope other authors, especially the upcoming ones will receive the same service from the copyright commission?
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Nobody: 9:42am On May 23, 2013
Come lagos traffic and see for yourself.
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by DJDOLA(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2013
but the refuise to jail rufai for lootin nigeria money

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by lutheran(m): 9:51am On May 23, 2013
Should have been sentence for minimum of a year, Alaba people be wear
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Lilimax(f): 9:52am On May 23, 2013
They are passing this judgement very fast because El-Rufai is involved sad.
Come to Alaba international and see piracy at it's best angry and
when will those ones be arrested and tried?

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by osifred(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2013
I comment my reserve
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by alkadriyar(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2013
If d OP had mentioned dat elrufai himself charged d man, hmn! Haters and tribalists go don dey yarn nonsense 4 here. Jst saying o
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by chymystique(f): 10:02am On May 23, 2013
Akamu shocked .. That means "PAP"... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Nobody: 10:11am On May 23, 2013
the man should know that El-rufai is a trouble maker,he should have pirated macmillan,or essential textbooks,where nobody will trouble him.
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by eagleeye2: 10:12am On May 23, 2013
Garri the 1st:

cool cool cool
You have already done that.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by sirugos(m): 10:20am On May 23, 2013
DJDOLA: but the refuise to jail rufai for lootin nigeria money
are u sure that you pass common entrance examination?
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by groovie(m): 10:20am On May 23, 2013
lutheran: Should have been sentence for minimum of a year, Alaba people be wear

be wear? na wa.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by Desdola(m): 10:25am On May 23, 2013
This is d one they wld be fast about. what about other govt officials that embezzle money n all we hear is adjournment of case till it is forgotten. jungle justice
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by elbinmanny(m): 10:29am On May 23, 2013
lutheran: Should have been sentence for minimum of a year, Alaba people be "wear"
this one na typical yoruba man shocked spelt as pronounced cheesycheesy
Re: Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book by abduldope(m): 10:34am On May 23, 2013
J12: Which kain name be Akamu?
pap i guesscheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten African Leaders That Died In Bloody Coup (photos) / Ministry Of Petroleum Denies Plans To Scrap NNPC, DPR, PPPRA Others (photo) / Biafran Flag Spotted During Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Match & This Happened (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.