Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,320 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:21 PM

Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church (14061 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Where Are Those WHEELCHAIRS Used For Healing In The SCOAN Now? They Are Needed / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:21am On May 23, 2013
Some people are saying that there is nothing like healing and the gift of healing in the church today. But the bible says- "and these rigns shall follow them that believe......18......., they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover" (Mark 16:17-18.

Please no abuse or name calling, lets listen to Paul in 2tim2:24-26 and Titus 3:2-6. Lets set the ball rolling- and God bless.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 12:55pm On May 23, 2013
I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.

2 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by DrummaBoy(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2013
^^^^^^^^ And the thread comes to an abrupt end. Knowing that you, bassey, opened the thread to know demi's position on healing, abi?

I think the fear is that there is so much abuse and Satan revels in deceiving people with these signs and wonders show biz. Nonetheless, biblical doctrine shows that healing do occur and we can all trust God for some of these interventions in our walk through life and even to help us in ministry to the world.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 1:38pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.
pls can we know the dispensation and when it began?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 1:45pm On May 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^^^^^^^^ And the thread comes to an abrupt end. Knowing that you, bassey, opened the thread to know demi's position on healing, abi?

I think the fear is that there is so much abuse and Satan revels in deceiving people with these signs and wonders show biz. Nonetheless, biblical doctrine shows that healing do occur and we can all trust God for some of these interventions in our walk through life and even to help us in ministry to the world.

Peace.
my brother i dont undastand this ur post o, our brother demi's opinion doesnt matter but the truth know that we are compassed by many babies in the faith i believe we should seek truth always. God bless sir.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by DrummaBoy(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2013
christemmbassey: pls can we know the dispensation and when it began?

From what I know their some bible teachers, grace teachers, that believe the world can be classified into dispensation. I came across dispensational teachings via the teachings of R B Thieme Jr. And I think it best explains why Paul teaches that the Law is abolished in Jesus Cross.

Below is a commentary on dispensationalism. I agree with most of what they teach but only depart from them when they insist that 1Corinth 13 shows that the gifts of the Spirit have ceased in our dispensation. Read:

What is dispensationalism?

by Matt Slick

Dispensationalism is an approach to biblical interpretation which states that God uses different means of working with people (Israel and the Church) during different periods of history, usually seven chronologically successive periods. However, dispensational division of history varies among its adherents from three periods, to four, seven, and eight dispensations. Seven is the most common.

Innocence (Genesis 1 -3) - Adam and Eve before they sinned
Conscience (Genesis 3-cool - First sin to the flood
Civil Government (Genesis 9-11) - After the flood, government
Promise (Genesis 12-Ex. 19) - Abraham to Moses, the Law is given
Law (Exodus 20 - Acts 2:4) - Moses to the cross
Grace (Acts 2:4 - Revelation 20:3) - Cross to the millennial kingdom
Millennial Kingdom (Rev. 20:4-6) – The rule of Christ on earth in the millennial kingdom
Though dispensationalists share common opinions about interpreting scripture, there are different types of dispensationalist positions.

Classical Dispensationalism
God has different purposes at different times
The Church is a parenthesis in history between the times of God dealing with Israel
There will be a literal Kingdom in heaven and also a Kingdom on earth during the millennial period
Modified Dispensationalism
Two peoples of God: Israel and the Church
Different roles
Salvation is the same for both groups
Church and Israel exist together during the millennium
Progressive Dispensationalism
Israel and the Church are both the people of God
It relies more on covenantal interpretations
Old Testament promises expanded to include the Church
There are still distinctions between Israel and the Church
Israel is still God’s chosen people with a plan from God
Pre-trib rapture is generally held, but not necessary
Dispensationalists, as a whole, seek to interpret the scripture as literally as possible. The positions hold that salvation has always been by faith, but it is manifested differently between Old and New Testaments (Gen. 15:6; Hab. 2:4; Rom. 4:1-5; John 3:16). It accepts God’s covenants as vital parts of dispensational activity, but the primary unit of division is the dispensation (i.e., period of time). There are promises to Israel that are yet to be fulfilled. Israel will be completely restored and be prominent in the world as it carries out God’s promises. The Church may replace Israel to some extent, but not fully. The Church did not exist in O.T. times. Premillennial held by all dispensationalists. Pre-tribulation rapture held by almost all dispensationalists.

Dispensationalism summary

Literal interpretation of the Bible
God works via different arrangements in distinct periods of history
Israel is the literal descendants of Abraham, not spiritual ones
Israel is the heir to the promises made to Abraham about the seed being blessed
Participation in the Abrahamic Covenant is “mainly” by physical birth in Jewish lineage
Two distinct people groups: Israel and the Church
Church began at Pentecost
Salvation is by faith in accordance to the revelation given in a particular dispensation
The Holy Spirit did not indwell people in all dispensations, only during the dispensation of the Church age
Christ will reign in the future 1000 year period which occurs after the rapture
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 3:23pm On May 23, 2013
My brother, Jesus said, "all things are posible to them that believe", healing realy depend on us, like any other thing, if u think u can, u can, if u think u can not, no one can help u. And i want to say also, the fact that i dont have the gift of healing doesnt mean others dont have, we can not use our experiences or the abuses of the grace of God by some ppl to define christianity, the fact that i dont have a particular gift will not stop others from using their gifts.

5 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 3:46pm On May 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^^^^^^^^ And the thread comes to an abrupt end. Knowing that you, bassey, opened the thread to know demi's position on healing, abi?

Peace.

Like you said, we must trust God for any miracle or healing or whatsoever. He said his thoughts about you are of good and not of evil, why can't Christians trust him instead of looking for that man that has been gifted with the power of miracle.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:13pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

Like you said, we must trust God for any miracle or healing or whatsoever. He said his thoughts about you are of good and not of evil, why can't Christians trust him instead of looking for that man that has been gifted with the power of miracle.
my bros, the bible in Philemon taiks about the things we have in Christ Jesus, we've got so much in Jesus, especialy the gift of healing, and am not just taiking about God healing, i mean, 'we' christian having the ability to heal, we've got so much, look at rm5: says, "they that recieve the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, shall REIGN in life" we reign over sickness bro by actually NOT praying for but command healing, the God who respected John and Peter in their healing of the criple at the beautiful gate, was the same God who worked for Paul at Lystra and when mere aprons and hankerchief from his body heald many is still working in us today. The gospel of grace which u are debating with nobi is biger than what u think and know. OMG, u think Christ MERELY came to save, no its BIGGER than that, he came to RESTORE beyond Adam, Peter says, God tro his divine power has given to us all things....., including the power to heal and even remit sin. That 1cor13 u quoted never said 'has ended' or 'has ceased' but, will end or shall ceased. What do u think the holy spirit was given to us ? For plenty plenty things my bro including the power to heal. The fact that many ppl are not or could not be healed doesnt mean the power to heal is no longer available but it depend on the sick person in some cases and in some the healer, my friend at a point even Jesus COULD NOT HEAL and the bible says "he marvelled at their unbelieve" so if u have never seen, experienced or never healed some one, it is clearly due to the fact that YOU DONT BELIEVE. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2013
christemmbassey: my bros, the bible in Philemon taiks about the things we have in Christ Jesus, we've got so much in Jesus, especialy the gift of healing, and am not just taiking about God healing, i mean, 'we' christian having the ability to heal, we've got so much, look at rm5: says, "they that recieve the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, shall REIGN in life" we reign over sickness bro by actually NOT praying for but command healing, the God who respected John and Peter in their healing of the criple at the beautiful gate, was the same God who worked for Paul at Lystra and when mere aprons and hankerchief from his body heald many is still working in us today. The gospel of grace which u are debating with nobi is biger than what u think and know. OMG, u think Christ MERELY came to save, no its BIGGER than that, he came to RESTORE beyond Adam, Peter says, God tro his divine power has given to us all things....., including the power to heal and even remit sin. That 1cor13 u quoted never said 'has ended' or 'has ceased' but, will end or shall ceased. What do u think the holy spirit was given to us ? For plenty plenty things my bro including the power to heal. The fact that many ppl are not or could not be healed doesnt mean the power to heal is no longer available but it depend on the sick person in some cases and in some the healer, my friend at a point even Jesus COULD NOT HEAL and the bible says "he marvelled at their unbelieve" so if u have never seen, experienced or never healed some one, it is clearly due to the fact that YOU DONT BELIEVE. God bless.

bro, why are you relating spiritual things to earthly ones

'look at rm5: says, "they that recieve the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, shall REIGN in life" we reign over sickness bro by actually NOT praying for but command healing'

How could you say this, how does gift of grace and righteousness give yo reign over sickness. Help me with where Christ could not heal because of unbelief. You adding to the word of god, its not nice to do that. If Peter had that same power, you would wonder why he didn't ask God to do something when he was about to die. You would wonder why Paul said this if he still had all the power you are talking about.

17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2013
Please show me what makes you think you have power to perform miracles in Philemon?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

bro, why are you relating spiritual things to earthly ones

'look at rm5: says, "they that recieve the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, shall REIGN in life" we reign over sickness bro by actually NOT praying for but command healing'

How could you say this, how does gift of grace and righteousness give yo reign over sickness. Help me with where Christ could not heal because of unbelief. You adding to the word of god, its not nice to do that. If Peter had that same power, you would wonder why he didn't ask God to do something when he was about to die. You would wonder why Paul said this if he still had all the power you are talking about.

17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
if u dont know that Jesus FAILED TO HEAL SOME PPL not bc the healing virtue had dried up but bc of their lack of faith, it means u still have a lot to cover, when the disciples could not heal a boy brought to then in Jesus absence, what did he tell them afterwards? My bro ur problem is UNBELIEVE. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2013
christemmbassey: if u dont know that Jesus FAILED TO HEAL SOME PPL not bc the healing virtue had dried up but bc of their lack of faith, it means u still have a lot to cover, when the disciples could not heal a boy brought to then in Jesus absence, what did he tell them afterwards? My bro ur problem is UNBELIEVE. God bless.

Ofcourse I have along way to go. I said put the verse forward, lets see and answer my previous questions please.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 26, 2013
Healing is very much in place. God still heals. The bible says that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. So if he healed 2000yrs ago, then he can heal again today. In as much as there is FAITH IN THE WORD OF GOD.
Any body that needs enlightenment should pm me. All i can say is healings are real. I have seen many and God through me, the least of saint has healed people.
Healing is real. Jesus gave us the power to heal. We dont hope for healing, we believe for healing. We dont wait for healing, we recieve our healing. This would be too big for some folks to accept.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by vowiski(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2013
I like this thread. I will like to read more responses..

I am trying to reconcile my mind on this, and the topic couldn't have come any time better. But I do know that Modern day speaking in tongues is a mere manifestation of the carnal flesh.

One thing with people is that they do not know how to confront God, most of our needs, requests go unanswered because we simply are not prepared. Some people would rather give fortunes to their Pastors who already fly in Private jet(s) than give the orphans. Do you know what it means for an innocent child to ask God for your continual blessing and protection? No! you don't. You rather want your Pastor to scream your name as the biggest giver for the month of June. Brb

4 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by bebe2(f): 1:21pm On May 26, 2013
today na bible bashing day shocked

healing, curing, miracleing one word i have "PROVE IT" pls i dnt want there was a man in our street, there was a woman in our church, mba! show me the cripple or blind u knew as a child or u lived wit dat now wals or can now see.

4 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.
we dont have power to heal? Biblical Proof pls?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by MadCow1: 1:23pm On May 26, 2013
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Healing, but yet no Pastor or Christian can pick up a Puff Adder or a Cobra... angry
I'm yet to see a Christian drink Otapiapia.
And I'm yet to hear of a Christian who can suddenly speak a new language.

2 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Please show me what makes you think you have power to perform miracles in Philemon?
read the acts of apostle
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by daviide: 1:26pm On May 26, 2013
Faithless generation asking if healing still exist sad of cuz it those EVERYDAY ....I've seen someone that cant walk, walk ..em pretti sure yu've heard or seen people talk or witness a particular miracle ..what else do people want again? Until pastor shake snake
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by joe4christ(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2013

It's either you are self-deceptional or deluded.
Are u sure you think at all, so from your own world u dont see men of God and born again christians performing signs and wonder with miracles included
You seriousely need to upgrade you thinking faculty to a more higher version.
It will save u a lot of troubles, believe me!

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by ifyalways(f): 1:42pm On May 26, 2013
I believe in healing.I don't need to go to any pastor though. When I'm sick and see a doctor, he prescribes for me and God heals me.

5 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by akandea(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2013
The issue of laying of hands performing miracles and speaking in tongues has been an issue people need to check d bible for explanation. It ceased with the death of the last Apostle and there was a prophecy that they will end 1 cor 13:8-13;Acts 8:15-20. Speaking in tongues is speaking another person dialect without having prior knowledge of the language not the ba ba ba we hear nowadays. Search d bible pls

3 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by obyrich(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2013
ifyalways: I believe in healing.I don't need to go to any pastor though. When I'm sick and see a doctor, he prescribes for me and God heals me.

Exactly. Pastors do the same thing. They see a doctor when they fall sick too. Only gullible people get stampeded to death where they are struggling for holy/anointing water!

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by searay(m): 1:50pm On May 26, 2013
Space Reserved. Make I finish Jamming
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Kslib(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2013
Well, i dont have much to say on this matter but know this "Every single human on the face of the earth has the ability to heal".. It just has to do with this powerful word called "FAITH"..
Take a look at t.b joshua,i dont get too surprised when he heals cos i know that what is in action there is "FAITH",but what surprises me is why dont we all have that faith without any iota of doubt.. The person who's about to get healed has seen many people get healed on tv or people they know personally,hence automatically "believes" without any iota of doubt that they would be healed and viola healing works.. Healing can never work without faith,they both go hand in hand...
Healing is not only a xtian thing,its a human thing.. Its accessible to every human but the question is "how do you access it"? The answer is "FAITH"..
This is how i believe healing works. Someone may have another view on healing though,but this is mine..
Annointing water doesn't heal you,rather your "faith" heals you cos many after seeing many people get delivered via annointing water develope strong faith in the water and viola healing takes place.. If you feel your doctor can heal you via drugs,then fine go see your doctor.. You just have to have to look for something you strongly believe your healing is coming through via. It doesnt matter what that is..
Many people believe faith only exists in the bible and within xtians thats why the concept of healing will not be fully understood by this bunch... Bible this,bible that.. People have been healing themselves before xtianity came into existence,faith has always been there before jesus christ was born.. Stop looking at faith from that angle and start looking at it from a complex perspective that incorporates itself in every aspect of the universe..
Healing comes from the mind.. The mind is a very powerful force in the universe many people neglect.. Faith is aslo a very powerful force in the universe and both work hand in hand.. The two have always existed and they will continue to exist..
Stop looking at everything from a biblical angle cos it limits you from seeing the bigger picture about how the universe works..

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Lovine: 1:53pm On May 26, 2013
I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.

if you are a child of God sincerely and you believe the Bible to be your standard please sincerely read the following Bible passages and interpret it by your self.1 Cor.12: 1-12, Eph. 4: 8-12, Mt.12:1, Lk.10:19 Please can you tell the readers what these bible verses are saying?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 26, 2013
akandea: The issue of laying of hands performing miracles and speaking in tongues has been an issue people need to check d bible for explanation. It ceased with the death of the last Apostle and there was a prophecy that they will end 1 cor 13:8-13;Acts 8:15-20. Speaking in tongues is speaking another person dialect without having prior knowledge of the language not the ba ba ba we hear nowadays. Search d bible pls
none ceased. Why would they cease in the first place? Biblical proofs pls
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 26, 2013
Lovine: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.

if you are a child of God sincerely and you believe the Bible to be your standard please sincerely read the following Bible passages and interpret it by your self.1 Cor.12: 1-12, Eph. 4: 8-12, Mt.12:1, Lk.10:19 Please can you tell the readers what these bible verses are saying?
i love this. Some folks need to starting reading their bibles again. How could they say healing cease? How could they say tongues cease? How could they say believers are powerless?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by coolzeal(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2013
Being alive is what i consider to be a miracle and being healthy is a way of my life(exercises, healthy food and drinks etc) I will believe your pastors got the power to heal if someone i knew blind or cripple receive such healing but for now you guys are just speculating. Miracle does not exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2013
There's true healing in the Church. I mean healing from God.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by obyrich(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2013
joe4christ:

It's either you are self-deceptional or deluded.
Are u sure you think at all, so from your own world u dont see men of God and born again christians performing signs and wonder with miracles included
You seriousely need to upgrade you thinking faculty to a more higher version.
It will save u a lot of troubles, believe me!
He needs proofs. Perhaps it will help his disbelief. Not a barrage of derogatory words. Mountebanks perform 'signs and wonders' to men of shallow reasoning. You need an inquisitive mind and deep spiritual insight to separate true christian practice from the ever pervasive occultic practices which is fast spreading across the churches now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastors Speak On Pastors Scandalising The Name Of God / Johnson Suleiman Gives N6.5M To Unemployed Members During Sunday Service / Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.