Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police (26713 Views)

Atiku Dasuki's House Sealed By The EFCC - Pictured / See Photo Of Sambo Dasuki Son's House Sealed By The EFCC Today / Adamawa Govt House In Abuja Sealed-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Babasessy(m): 11:30am On May 23, 2013
A house in a Lincolnshire village has been raided by Met police officers investigating yesterday's alleged terror attack in Woolwich.

Officers swooped on the detached house as the name of one of the suspects was revealed on internet forums and Twitter as Michael Adebolajo.

He has been identified as the alleged killer seen ranting on video shortly after the murder of the soldier in Woolwich.

It is understood the men, who are being treated in separate hospitals while under arrest, are most likely to be British citizens of Nigerian descent who have converted to a radical form of Islam.

However, they are not thought to have links to terror groups based in Nigeria, such as the jihadist militant organisation Boko Haram.

Police were today seen outside a £365,000 detached house in a Lincolnshire village where they raided a home where Adebolajo is listed as having lived in the past.

There was no answer at the address believed to be that of Adebolajo's father, named by neighbours as Anthony Adebolajo.

Mr Adebolajo, 56, is believed to be a trained nurse now working in a managerial capacity within the NHS.

The modern property was being monitored by two police patrol cars stationed outside.

Later in the morning, plain clothes officers, thought to be from the Metropolitan Police, arrived at the modern estate and the house and driveway was sealed off with police tape. An officer at the scene described the property as a 'crime scene'.

Mr Adebolajo bought the property in 2002. At one time a woman who wore a burka was thought to live with him.

They believed he had up to four grown up children, although few if any are thought to have stayed at the house for any period of time.

Michael Adebolajo was listed as being a resident there in 2004, shortly after the family moved in.

One nearby resident said: 'I know his family have ties to London, but whoever is at this house is very secretive.

'The curtains are always drawn at the front and the back, I've never seen anybody in the garden, either.'

Neighbours said the house has been home to the same family for about a decade and the blinds at the house were today closed.

A woman lays flowers outside the Royal Military Barracks where it is believed the soldier was stationed

A spokesman said: 'Lincolnshire Police can confirm that the Metropolitan Police executed a search warrant under PACE at an address in Lincolnshire.

http://www.amazingstoriesaroundtheworld..co.uk/2013/05/update-london-woolwich-horror-police.html#more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329470/Michael-Adebolajo-named-Woolwich-killers.html

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Lilimax(f): 12:53pm On May 23, 2013
Aren't some people just plain vile angry?
This guy is evil and does not worth living
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by RickyRoss1(m): 1:19pm On May 23, 2013
I once told someone that all Muslims have the same mentality and the person didn't believe me. From what we have gathered so far, this guy is a Yoruba guy eventhough he may be born in UK but his parents are Nigerians of Yoruba origin. In that regard, I want to know what prompted this guy to act like this? It will be more understandable if he came from Northern Nigeria. Dont get me wrong I love people from all tribes and cultures but this guys action is going to affect ALL Nigerians. I just wished he is not a Nigerian.

22 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Nairaplus(m): 3:28pm On May 23, 2013
What a shame! This boy shouldn't have been born!

1 Like

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
what a shame !
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
GANGSTER
ECCLESIASTICUS 39 VS 28 There be spirits that are created for vengeance, which in their fury lay on sore strokes; in the time of destruction they pour out their force, and appease the wrath of him that made them. <<<< THE LORDS HUMAN WEAPONS

HMM WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE GUY THAT GOT KILLED. I SUSPECT HE HAS KILLED THE APPLE OF GODS EYES IN THE PAST >>> ZECHARIAH 2 VS 8 for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye. THE REAL ISRAELITES THAT IS

2 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by oluwadare26(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
Clueless Story

2 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by manny4life(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2013
His actions has endangered his family, friends, coworkers and all associates around him. I hope and pray that innocent friends and family don't fall victim to hating racist when the shitt hits the fan. He deserves death by hanging, put out his misery..
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by thenwhat: 3:31pm On May 23, 2013
Ricky_Ross: I once told someone that all Muslims have the same mentality and the person didn't believe me. From what we have gathered so far, this guy is a Yoruba guy eventhough he may be born in UK but his parents are Nigerians of Yoruba origin. In that regard, I want to know what prompted this guy to act like this? It will be more understandable if he came from Northern Nigeria. Dont get me wrong I love people from all tribes and cultures but this guys action is going to affect ALL Nigerians. I just wished he is not a Nigerian.

Please, explain why you think any Muslim would have done the same heinous act this guy did?

7 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Skywalker5(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2013
i even thought the fool lived on a council estate.

1 Like

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by daviide: 3:32pm On May 23, 2013
This is jux sad, to even fink dat he's a nigerian sad People lyk him shuld be jailed,flogged,electrocuted 'n' hanged *sigh* May God help us all
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Feedmemore(f): 3:35pm On May 23, 2013
The name sound like one of my Nairaland acquaintance, I could be wrong though. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by WIZGUY69(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2013
wetin d idi*t talk say im want nw ehn? 4 him mind nw e dey fight holy war!! Person that is suppose to be kept in the zoo (reptile section) alhahu akbar

2 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by samilo88(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2013
Islamabad..Even with the luxury life that was at the f0ol's disposal, he chose to be a nuisance. What a shame he brought to his hard working father, bringing his name on the pages of the newspapers for the wrong reason. If I don't have anything to thank God for, that I wasn't born into some senseless religion is a enough reason to always praise God for daily..

16 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 23, 2013
Ricky_Ross: I once told someone that all Muslims have the same mentality and the person didn't believe me. From what we have gathered so far, this guy is a Yoruba guy eventhough he may be born in UK but his parents are Nigerians of Yoruba origin. In that regard, I want to know what prompted this guy to act like this? It will be more understandable if he came from Northern Nigeria. Dont get me wrong I love people from all tribes and cultures but this guys action is going to affect ALL Nigerians. I just wished he is not a Nigerian.

You have to put into context the fact that his parents are Christians. The guy got converted to Islam in Britain. So this has nothing to do with Islam as practised in SW, Nigeria or in Nigeria as a whole or the guy being of Yoruba origin. The problem has to do with how such an evil indoctrination went unnoticed under the watchful eyes of British intelligence services. Infact, there's nothing Nigerian in the whole crime.

8 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by baby124: 3:37pm On May 23, 2013
Obviously an overfed, over-comfortable, bored loser.

1 Like

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by manny4life(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2013
Feed me more: The name sound like one of my Nairaland acquaintance, I could be wrong though. undecided undecided undecided

Acquaintance? Nne, RUN RUN RUN....

I hope he isn't a NL member because the police and UK CIA (abi what's their name), forgive my ignorance, they will be all over NL... Make dem no catch you o.. grin
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by tpia5: 3:38pm On May 23, 2013
Sky-walker:
i even thought the fool lived on a council estate.

seems the father is quite rich if that's where he lives. So much for "south london".

and why is there a throw in about a woman in a burka living with him?

Is he muslim?

1 Like

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by zumbigbo(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2013
Identity of the suspect pictured carrying bloodied knives in the aftermath of the murder of a British soldier is Michael Olumide Adebolajo, Guardian UK sources have confirmed.

Adebolajo was an ordinary British schoolboy; born in Lambeth in December 1984, he grew up in Romford, travelled to school on the bus, played football and appeared to have a lot of friends.

His family – who are of Nigerian origin — were practising Christians, attending the local church. He has two siblings; a sister and a brother. Both boys went to Marshalls Park school, in the Harold Hill area of the town. At 16, Adebolajo moved to Havering sixth form college, and then at 18 attended Greenwich University, where he lived in student accommodation in 2004 and 2005.

Friends from Marshalls Park school talked of how he was an ordinary student who got the bus, played football, and "jacked" a few phones.

Speaking on social media, the friends expressed shock that the boy they went to school with was at the centre of a murder investigation after the events of Wednesday.

"We left year 2001," one said. "And he was always a good guy at school, do anything for anyone."

Another added: "They used to live … 2 minutes from marshals they had a garage on the side of the house an' [the brother] had a little telly an' that in there an' loads of people used to go round there; from what I remember they were nice boys."

A former neighbour of the family remembered them as friendly and welcoming churchgoers.

The man, who asked not to be named, said his wife used to give Adebolajo's mother – who he remembered as working for social services – a lift to church.

"They were very pleasant, a very ordinary normal family," he said.

But Graham Silverton, 63, who has lived in the street for 25 years, said neighbours had a particularly bad experience with Adebolajo when he was a teenager. He said one of the neighbours' children, a teenage girl, had gone to the Adebolajos' door to retrieve a ball kicked into their garden and was insulted and punched by Adebolajo.

The family lived in Romford until around 2004, when it is understood his parents divorced and they moved to Lincoln.

Police had sealed off Adebolajo's sister's home in Romford on Thursday and Metropolitan police officers travelled to Lincoln on Wednesday night to carry out searches at the family home in Saxilby.

Counter-terrorism officers and the security services are examining Adebolajo's links to the banned extremist group al-Muhajiroun. It is understood he was radicalised around 10 years ago, changing his name to Mujaahid, which means "one who engages in jihad".

Friends at his school said they knew nothing of his conversion to Islam.

The Guardian understands that both Adebolajo and the other suspect have featured in counter-terrorism investigations over the last eight years, the Guardian understands.

But it is understood that, while they were known to the police and security services, they were considered peripheral figures among the many extremists whose activities cross the radar of investigators.

Adebolajo was frequently seen in Woolwich handing out Islamist literature in the High Street.

Anjem Choudary, the former leader of al-Muhajiroun, has confirmed that he knew Adebolajo, who was pictured on video in the immediate aftermath of the horrific killing waving a cleaver with bloodied hands.

Choudary said Mujaahid had converted to Islam in 2003 and was a British-born Nigerian. He said he had attended meetings of al-Muhajiroun from around 2005-11, but stopped attending the meetings, and those its successor organisations, two years ago.

At the meetings he heard an interpretation of Islam preached by the group's founder, Omar Bakri Mohammed, which many Muslims would consider extreme.

Choudary said: "He was on our ideological wave-length."

He added that Adebolajo was very quiet and that Mohammed, now believed to be abroad, also remembered Adebolajo attending events held by the group.

Choudary said he was shocked by the attack, and that he believed Muslims in Britain were covered by a covenant of security, meaning that they should not wage violence here, in return for safety.

"I believe that this is not allowed for me to engage in. I would not encourage someone to do it," he said.

"I don't think it helps to condemn or condone. I condemn the hundreds of thousands slaughtered by British and American foreign policy."

Al-Muhajiroun was banned after the 7 July 2005 terrorist attacks on London, and it kept changing its name to beat the ban. The successor groups were also banned.

One of them, Islam4UK, threatened to target the military town of Royal Wootton Bassett for protests.

Bakri was banned from Britain in 2005 by the then home secretary, Charles Clarke, on the grounds that his presence in the country was "not conducive to the public good".
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by omobabalegba: 3:39pm On May 23, 2013
Quite unfortunate another Nigerian putting us into negative spotlight. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by tpia5: 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
does the other "suspect" not have a name?

7 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by albacete(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
this is serious
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by fitzmayowa: 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
Why always Islam why!!!, I think its high time we change the capital of pakistan from ISLAMABAD to ISLAM-A-GOOD, maybe it will help change the mentality of this rag heads
What a sad day for the family all in the name of religion...SMH

4 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Sophiegurl(f): 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
I just want to cover my children with the blood of Jesus. I can imagine the father and mother hiding somewhere now cos of the shame the kid has brought upon this family. Koluwa maje a bimo to ma pa wa Lekun . AMEN. Not staying with both parents might ve contributed to it. So much for peer pressure. Always get to know ur children's friends if possible their families as well especially the ones closest to them.

2 Likes

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Policewoman(f): 3:41pm On May 23, 2013
They should seal everything sealable. Seal his ass too if possible. Those Jihadists must not go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by odiman: 3:41pm On May 23, 2013
It doesn't make any difference if he from Nigeria or Not, People perspective about Nigerian would not change if our leadership (presidency) continue to fail as a president. He could have come from any country.
You mean if he had to be an american, they would now regard america as terrorist country,
The origin of regarding any country is base on the country performance and not any single individual, after all we have celebrated great people from Nigeria living abroad yet our perception still remain same
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by Feedmemore(f): 3:41pm On May 23, 2013
adaobi123: what a shame !

but does the dad own the house ? undecided undecided

Ada, odikwa mma ? Quite a while...

Hope this guys action doesn't affect you londoner's....cuz we know how the western media can portray stuffs like this....they already have a baised mind towards Africans.
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by baby124: 3:41pm On May 23, 2013
zumbigbo:
But it is understood that, while they were known to the police and security services, they were considered peripheral figures among the many extremists whose activities cross the radar of investigators.

Adebolajo was frequently seen in Woolwich handing out Islamist literature in the High Street.

Anjem Choudary, the former leader of al-Muhajiroun, has confirmed that he knew Adebolajo, who was pictured on video in the immediate aftermath of the horrific killing waving a cleaver with bloodied hands.

Choudary said Mujaahid had converted to Islam in 2003 and was a British-born Nigerian. He said he had attended meetings of al-Muhajiroun from around 2005-11, but stopped attending the meetings, and those its successor organisations, two years ago.

At the meetings he heard an interpretation of Islam preached by the group's founder, Omar Bakri Mohammed, which many Muslims would consider extreme.

Choudary said: "He was on our ideological wave-length."

He added that Adebolajo was very quiet and that Mohammed, now believed to be abroad, also remembered Adebolajo attending events held by the group.

Choudary said he was shocked by the attack, and that he believed Muslims in Britain were covered by a covenant of security, meaning that they should not wage violence here, in return for safety.

"I believe that this is not allowed for me to engage in. I would not encourage someone to do it," he said.

"I don't think it helps to condemn or condone. I condemn the hundreds of thousands slaughtered by British and American foreign policy."

Al-Muhajiroun was banned after the 7 July 2005 terrorist attacks on London, and it kept changing its name to beat the ban. The successor groups were also banned.

One of them, Islam4UK, threatened to target the military town of Royal Wootton Bassett for protests.

Bakri was banned from Britain in 2005 by the then home secretary, Charles Clarke, on the grounds that his presence in the country was "not conducive to the public good".

When are they going to catch this Choudary and other lunatic imams indoctrinating these boys for attempted murder and conspiracy against the UK government? UK government are quite slow, later they will shout about a lunatics origin. This Choudary is still giving statement and walking free. Imagine. They are banning and not arresting. These people are not serious.
Re: Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police by INFO70: 3:43pm On May 23, 2013
I wonder what Nigerian will not do well in this world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbos Top List Of Donors To Buhari – APC / Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term / This Is My Worst Christmas -Man Whose Account Was Frozen After #EndSARS Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.