Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? (8823 Views)

Gtb To Close All Their Branches At 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Giving Loans To Small Business Start Ups. / Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Benjacky: 2:51pm On May 23, 2013
Yes need one branch in ONNE/ELEME in PH
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Seun(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2013
Your should share your girlfriend's experience in a new thread with all the important details so we can learn from her experience.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by DeLaRue: 3:05pm On May 23, 2013
I actually don't think they will rush into expanding their branch network. They have their model and stick firmly to it. They will continue to open new branches but in smaller numbers than the juggernaut that is First Bank. Zenith too is opening branches at break-neck speed.

Despite having the smallest network of branches among the top 6 banks in Nigeria, GTB is:

- The biggest bank in Nigeria
- The most profitable bank in Nigeria
- The most highly-rated (by foreign investors) bank in Nigeria
- One of the most efficient banking operations in Nigeria, though First Bank is fighting back.

I actually believe GTB's story is one of the most legendary in the history of Nigerian commerce. For GTB (and Zenith too) to start from nowhere and becoming more profitable than the juggernaut that was and still is First Bank is a remarkable story. When you think that First Bank is the Federal (and many state) government's bank of first choice, then GTB and Zenith's rise are even more impressive.

Up till today, I have successful (older) relatives who bank with other banks, but keep any money they can't afford to lose in First Bank, 'cause they believe, First Bank will be the last bank standing in the event of even a war!

When you think how GTB and Zenith have zoomed past previous giants like UBA, Union Bank, you know nothing is impossible.

Up till the mid-nineties UBA and Union Bank were so big! Though UBA is still large, it lags behind Zenith, First Bank, and GTB in many ways.

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by afosdan: 3:08pm On May 23, 2013
Yes,more branches should be open
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:10pm On May 23, 2013
Got u @ Delarue. But if they continue at this rate, many of we loyalist will "de-bank" to other banks that give better services.

First Bank used to be very backward, but today, their story has changed and I am becoming more loyal to them day by day.

Futhermore, GTB's customer service is becoming terrible by the day.

The particular lady that attended to me when I went to pick up my ATM at their Ogba branch yesterday wasn't particularly friendly. I have enjoyed better customer service at First Bank.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by firfinch(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2013
pureguide: they really need it o.
just imagaine say the whole of aba na only one branch me dy see ooo.
sure! I think GTB needs more branches, many customers άŕέ attracted to Gtb because of their Zero balance, although they have innovative services no doubt, but more braches need to be established to serve their customers better.

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by kolexy(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

They might not need to open at every corner, but certainly in strategic places.

Imagine only GTB Oregun and GTB Anthony serving the whole or Ojota - Ogudu - Gbagada axis.

There's GTBank on Diya street, Gbagada
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:32pm On May 23, 2013
kolexy:

There's GTBank on Diya street, Gbagada

Ohh! Good!

I don't know where Diya street is though.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Bastiger(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2013
pureguide: they really need it o.
just imagaine say the whole of aba na only one branch me dy see ooo.
wrong,there's one branch @ Aba-owerri rd another @ port-harcourt rd,Aba.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by jaybossYBNL(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2013
it depends on the location of the branch, like first bank branch that is located along Iju road fagba bus stop is always crowded, so stop condeming gt bank because of dat incidence. Ecobank too usually give atm immediately u applied nt only first bank bt ur name will not appear on it
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by nitrogen(m): 4:24pm On May 23, 2013
Dis Guy: no amount of cashless, ebanking jargon can replace physical branch- there are cities with smaller population...

perhaps if these banks stop building huge castles in the name of banks they can cut down cost of running high street banks, they can fit everything into the size of a take away shop if they are efficient themselves, all these multi-storey buildings they are using doesnt make sense especially as they are not even accessible to everyone

You don't want people to be employed any longer and you do want those there to be laid off? One person can manage a shop, but many people must manage a castle undecided

Don't forget that it is the banking sector that is the biggest employer of labour in this part of the world. Jooorrr oooohhh.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by DisGuy: 4:27pm On May 23, 2013
nitrogen:
You don't want people to be employed any longer and you do want those there to be laid off? One person can manage a shop, but many people must manage a castle undecided

Don't forget that it is the banking sector that is the biggest employer of labour in this part of the world. Jooorrr oooohhh.

but those people could be sent to other tiny branches

if you enter the average Halifax or barclays, there are probably about 5-8 staffs in there- simple and straight forward
not all these bulky buildings with tiny car parks

and they should get reid of the car parks too! they are small and unsightly

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by nitrogen(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2013
Dis Guy:

if you enter the average Halifax or barclays, there are probably about 5-8 staffs in there- simple and straight forward

grin
Chai! You dey vex for these banks big time o
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:53pm On May 23, 2013
jaybossYBNL: it depends on the location of the branch, like first bank branch that is located along Iju road fagba bus stop is always crowded, so stop condeming gt bank because of dat incidence. Ecobank too usually give atm immediately u applied nt only first bank bt ur name will not appear on it

I am not condemning GTB and this thread isn't about Ecobank.

I have witnessed what I mentioned for more than 5 months now. I pass through their bank everyday and the few times I have entered or attempted to use their ATM, I had witnessed terrible queue. The queue by the customer service section is even worse.

They need more branches and they need to train their staff on customer service, it's declining.

One plus though, GTConnect served me well when I used it. Very well!

Dis Guy:

lol grin
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by maclatunji: 4:55pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

They might not need to open at every corner, but certainly in strategic places.

Imagine only GTB Oregun and GTB Anthony serving the whole or Ojota - Ogudu - Gbagada axis.

There is one in Gbagada on Diya Street. tongue
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Peterwins(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2013
DeLaRue: I actually don't think they will rush into expanding their branch network. They have their model and stick firmly to it. They will continue to open new branches but in smaller numbers than the juggernaut that is First Bank. Zenith too is opening branches at break-neck speed.

Despite having the smallest network of branches among the top 6 banks in Nigeria, GTB is:

- The biggest bank in Nigeria
- The most profitable bank in Nigeria
- The most highly-rated (by foreign investors) bank in Nigeria
- One of the most efficient banking operations in Nigeria, though First Bank is fighting back.

I actually believe GTB's story is one of the most legendary in the history of Nigerian commerce. For GTB (and Zenith too) to start from nowhere and becoming more profitable than the juggernaut that was and still is First Bank is a remarkable story. When you think that First Bank is the Federal (and many state) government's bank of first choice, then GTB and Zenith's rise are even more impressive.

Up till today, I have successful (older) relatives who bank with other banks, but keep any money they can't afford to lose in First Bank, 'cause they believe, First Bank will be the last bank standing in the event of even a war!

When you think how GTB and Zenith have zoomed past previous giants like UBA, Union Bank, you know nothing is impossible.

Up till the mid-nineties UBA and Union Bank were so big! Though UBA is still large, it lags behind Zenith, First Bank, and GTB in many ways.

Good analysis. However there were very good banks in the past that were later ruined by bad management.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by NoQualms1(f): 5:11pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I pass through their bank everyday and the few times I have entered or attempted to use their ATM, I had witnessed terrible queue. The queue by the customer service section is even worse.

They need more branches and they need to train their staff on customer service, it's declining.

One plus though, GTConnect served me well when I used it. Very well!
grin

This is what happens at their Alagbaka, Akure branch. Customer service there is extremely terrible. They act as if they are doing you a favour. I have never used GTConnect, what is it about?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Peterwins(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
Dis Guy:

Very correct. Some bank branches really do not need to be very big. The cost of setting up these mega branches could be used to set up more smaller (compact & cashless) branches to serve the need of their ever increasing customers.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
Peterwins:

Very correct. Some bank branches really do not need to be very big. The cost of setting up these mega branches could be used to set up more smaller (compact & cashless) branches to serve the need of their ever increasing customers.

That's what First Bank is doing. They set up what they call quick point centres or so (can't remember the exact name). The type you see at E-Centre.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Honadeadek(m): 5:53pm On May 23, 2013
GTbank my foot, I heard my card expires on 31st of March and I was told to go down to Ibadan RingRoad branch where I opened my account and I mailed them that I want them to transfer my card to any of there branches at Akure but I was told to go to IB city.

There GTConnect is not effective has they close my complain without knowing whether am satisfied or not.

Whereas I had a Dispense error on FirstBank internet Banking and I mailed there FirstContact and within an hour my money was reversed without any inches with the phrase "Sorry for all inconveniences and Thank you for Banking with us"

I will go for FirstBank any day anytime now as issues are even resolve via there twitter handle.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by DisGuy: 6:03pm On May 23, 2013
nitrogen: grin
Chai! You dey vex for these banks big time o

2 hours no be small time to queue for inside bank ooo- it wasnt even rush hours from 2pm to 4pm- the bamk was filled with people begging to come in, some people paying to jump queues- I witnessed a lot that day o
and considering lagos traffic everything shuts down afterwards! two hours! i crossed the road to eat hot amala smiley
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Godson201333(m): 6:43pm On May 23, 2013
GT BANK AND FIRST BANK ALL THE WAY..
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Godson201333(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

That's what First Bank is doing. They set up what they call quick point centres or so (can't remember the exact name). The type you see at E-Centre.

It is called firstcontact..
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Omoadugbo(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2013
My People, instead of being on the long Queue. can we embrace e-payment options like outsourced Instant Cash DEPOSIT and Withdeawal at a non Bank locations like Supermarkets.drugstores or other Secured locations. we just pay a small fee like:N100-200 for a Transaction between N500-N50,000, i think its beta instead of the queue,time and the Stress.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Omoadugbo(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2013
Its a Mobile Payment Service. we are looking for locations within Lagos where we can operate from and also seaching for People that want to run a Francise
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Youngzedd(m): 10:13pm On May 23, 2013
More branch needed.

Also a visa card that accept Naira, like Uba Africard.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by AMOR10(f): 4:34am On May 24, 2013
They need to work on there customer's service( they are totally helpless). and fix there server problems, first!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by mendax: 3:17pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

I am not sure about the bolded. I picked up my current ATM from a separate branch from what is called "my branch" by the bankers.grin You know, when they ask you (whilst feeling so important): where is your branch?.

I have not been to any branch of First Bank in a very long time. Hence, I cannot comment on their activities.

GTBank is streamlining its operations and is encouraging its customers to go cashless and adopt internet banking. Hence, from a management perspective they are being efficient. In the long term,their decision may be validated when majority of their customers adopt e-banking against conventional banking. First Bank is also doing great in this regard. I think both banks are the clear leaders when it comes to e-banking.

I know of someone living abroad who was told by the same GTB that he had to his branch before he could collect his card. He wasnt allowed the option of using a proxy, or posting the card or even sending it to a branch in the UK!!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:39pm On May 31, 2013
mendax:

I know of someone living abroad who was told by the same GTB that he had to his branch before he could collect his card. He wasnt allowed the option of using a proxy, or posting the card or even sending it to a branch in the UK!!

Imagine!

Isn't this ridiculous
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by maclatunji: 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Imagine!

Isn't this ridiculous

No, it is fantastic. Make no Yahoo boy go steal one person's ATM.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2013
maclatunji:

No, it is fantastic. Make no Yahoo boy go steal one person's ATM.

You don't actually mean that do u?

How come you were happy to pick yours at another branch?

They should have security measures to ensure that an unauthorised person doesn't pick up.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by DisGuy: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2013
and considering they have pictures of their customers, you'd think its pretty straight forward

and thats another moaning point!

they have the customer's address yet they dont send it the house

they have our pictures but they can allow us pick it up at any branch

talk about efficiency

funny enough, a relative recently went to collect his atm for the very first time and make a withdraw- over the counter.
he was told he has only N250 naira in the account cheesy
he's not even been given the card o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can I Do With 5,000,000 Naira / All Payment Issues On Amazon Kindle Solved. / What You Need To Know Before Starting A Yahoo Boy Business: Nairathreads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.