Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States (4944 Views)

* Dangote Plans To Produce A Million Tonnes Of Ricein 4 Yrs / Nigeria: Dangote Plans U.S.$34.7 Billion Fresh Investment In Economy / Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. (2) (3) (4)

Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by fkaz(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2013
Dangote Plans N200bn Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States

Sokoto - The Chairman of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, says he will establish four sugar factories in Sokoto and Kebbi States at the cost of between N180 billion and N200billion.
Dangote made the statement in Sokoto on Wednesday when he paid a courtesy visit to Gov. Aliyu Wamakko.
According to Dangote, each of the two states will have two of the factories which will also provide 150,000 new jobs to the people of the two states.
“They will collectively produce one million tonnes of sugar per year and the plantations will be spread in the two states.
“The factories will also produce 150 megawatts of electricity which will boost electricity supply to the two states.
“Sugar is as good as oil and no government, except the Federal Government can provide such a huge number of jobs.”
Dangote said that the factories were expected to come on stream in the next four years.
” The gesture is aimed at further boosting the socio-economicdevelopment of the North West, North and Nigeria generally,” he added.
Wamakko expressed his happiness over the plan to establish the plants, saying, “this is one of my happiest days.
“Sokoto State is richly endowed with abundant land and a myriad of natural and mineral resources, ranging from limestone, gold and copper among others.”
Wamakko also appealed to Dangote to establish a cement factory in the state, saying: “we have provided the enabling environment for all industries to thrive.
“I must also appeal to other wealthy northerners and Nigerians to use their wealth positively to touch the lives of their fellow citizens who are less endowed,” the governor added.( NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/dangote-plans-n200bn-sugar-factories-in-sokoto-kebbi-states/
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by dulphines: 3:22pm On May 23, 2013
Weldone Aliko! See you at the polo club by weekend.

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by boron10(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2013
He is rich enough to allow some of his investments bombed by the bokos. Goodluck to him

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by manny4life(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2013
I love this man not because of his monopolistic and capitalist approach to business, but damn, he reinvests back into Nigeria... He gives and receives..

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2013
A positive development for those states
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Sibrah: 3:27pm On May 23, 2013
Imagine Ibori, Uduaghan, OGD, OBJ, Yuguda, Akpabio doing same to Nigerian economy.
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by daviide: 3:28pm On May 23, 2013
Good!! Atleast it'll lessen unemployment in those areas
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by simdam500(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
omo! i refuse to be poor ooooooooooo
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nonybb: 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
MTN just deducted my 50 naira for no reason........ am devasted, pls advise
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by 9jii(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2013
Alhamdulillahi.God bless all the people behind this.

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by dblock(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2013
dulphines: Weldone Aliko! See you at the polo club by weekend.

He won't be at Polo Club this weekend, we are having breakfast at my house.

but have fun anyway. wink

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 23, 2013
where is yuzedo? Your alyko friend is here

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by dulphines: 3:38pm On May 23, 2013
dblock:

He won't be at Polo Club this weekend, we are having breakfast at my house.

but have fun anyway. wink

Oh yes, i just remembered we are to dine with you this weekend! My brand as usual you know! lol. Regards to madam.
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 23, 2013
Nonybb: MTN just deducted my 50 naira for no reason........ am devasted, pls advise
chei wetin person no go read

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by nijanigga: 3:39pm On May 23, 2013
Nigerians are just too gullible,maybe because of entrenched poverty."The factories will employ 150,000 jobs"... and they buy it.That is absolute bunkum.
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by funshint(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
Upon all his sugar; we still dey buy st.louis cubes. No beef intended!!
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Drsunnie(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
Hmmmmmmm , this man again . He liaised with the federal government to ban the importation rice from borders , so that he will be the sole importer of rice in Nigeria . Now , the price of rice has catapulted . Same thing happened with cement , thank God for yaradua that later licensed the likes of Ibeto and others , the only reason why cement price has not catapulted to 5k by now . I just hope same thing is not gonna happen to sugar . He's just monopolizing Nigerian market , thereby causing inflation and economic quagmire .

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Drsunnie(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2013
Hmmmmmmm , this man again . He liaised with the federal government to ban the importation rice from borders , so that he will be the sole importer of rice in Nigeria . Now , the price of rice has catapulted . Same thing happened with cement , thank God for yaradua that later licensed the likes of Ibeto and others , the only reason why cement price has not catapulted to 5k by now . I just hope same thing is not gonna happen to sugar . He's just monopolizing Nigerian market , thereby causing inflation and economic quagmire . Dr Okpokwu Sunnie speaking .

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by slimchimex(m): 3:43pm On May 23, 2013
good one mr billionaire,u always think like me...soon u'll get to my level
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by rozayx5(m): 3:44pm On May 23, 2013
pessimists see bombs, optimists see billions, average poverty Mentality smh,

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by rozayx5(m): 3:45pm On May 23, 2013
9jadelta: where is yuzedo? Your alyko friend is here

did not see him in his Banana Ice land mansion grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Justicemy: 3:46pm On May 23, 2013
If u can use MTN line for 2 or 3 years then u can withstand anytin life throws at you, trust me
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nonybb: 3:46pm On May 23, 2013
9jadelta: chei wetin person no go read
Look Mr Man i am only responsible for wat i wrote, not wat u understand
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Oyetboy(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2013
Nonybb: MTN just deducted my 50 naira for no reason........ am devasted, pls advise
this happened to me on monday also...i called their c.care&they were saying rubbish
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Mayowura: 3:53pm On May 23, 2013
Rich man:
An individual that uses his resources(money etc) to positively empower/assist people around him.
Kudos Alhaji.
Unlike the greedy others all over.
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by yuzedo: 3:55pm On May 23, 2013
9jadelta: where is yuzedo? Your alyko friend is here
u mean my nebor danny-boy tramvul witout tellin me?!?! Alika i no u read NL, pay me my N40 u stoll wen u came & play sega in my pentt-house u nama!!! angry angry angry
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 23, 2013
Nonybb: Look Mr Man i am only responsible for wat i wrote, not wat u understand
shuoo oga no fight intended. Your post just dey funny me .
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 23, 2013
yuzedo:
u mean my nebor danny-boy tramvul witout tellin me?!?! Alika i no u read NL, pay me my N40 u stoll wen u came & play sega in my pentt-house u nama!!! angry angry angry
grin grin lwkm
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 23, 2013
Dangote should have established most of his businesses and factories earlier on in northern parts of nigerian and this would have gone a long way to tackle poverty,insecurity and almajiris being used by Boko haram as terrorist. Dangote should really concerntrate on investing and working with northern governors to help build the north and develop it. They have a larger number of population and it really baffle me that most shoe shiners,mairuwa, people hawking on the streets 'talaka' and also begging on the streets in different parts of nigeria are mostly from the north. What is dangote and the rest doing to help create employment in their respective states to assist these people? The north also needs to be massively invested into,they have able bodied men and also women willing to work and help their families but there are no jobs available for them. Why do we have the likes of dangote being the richest man in nigeria and also from the north for,when his people are suffering? He should seriously look into it and start investing in the north so people will not remain jobless and this will go a long way in developing northern part of nigerian.

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by sammy329(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 23, 2013
port to airtel now.

Re: Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States by Udpconcept(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2013
[quote author=nijanigga]Nigerians are just too gullible,maybe because of entrenched poverty."The factories will employ 150,000 jobs"... and they buy it.That is absolute bunkum.[/quote[/b][b][/b][b]] what kind of knwledge do u have when d say 150,000 it means both direct and indirect jobs will be created

NNPC To Build More Depots, Expand Market Share / Help!, Need Solution On How To Delaminate My Documents / GAMBLING ADDICTION- Share Your Experiences