Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B (1603 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Stop Deceiving Nigerians If You Want To Succeed – Emir Of Mubi Tells APC / Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by fkaz(m): 4:45pm On May 23, 2013
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of engaging in total deceit by saying the democratic structure in the states where he has declared a state of emergency will be kept intact, when in fact he has grabbed power in the states and castrated democracy there.
In a statement issued in Kaduna today by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party quoted from the President’s speech to the nation on May 14th, thus:”The details of this Proclamation will be transmitted to the National Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. But in the meantime, let me make it clear that within the purview of this Proclamation, the Governors and other political office holders in the affected states will continue to discharge their constitutional responsibilities.”
It however said the gazette published by the Federal Government on the declaration showed that the President has virtually eviscerated the democratic structure and stripped the political office holders of their constitutional responsibilities, thereby reversing the assurance he gave in his speech on the declaration.
ACN also warned that unless this despotic tendency is checked, nothing prevents the President, in the name of the ongoing fight against Boko Haram, from extending this power grab to other states that catch his fancy.
”This is dangerous and must be checked, in the interest of our democracy,” the party said.
ACN said that in accordance with the gazette, the Governors and Local Government Chairmen in the states under the state of emergency can only rule under the control of the President or anyone he so designates; the President is allowed to hold state funds; while the House of Assembly is now only a rubber stamp, as any order made under the emergency is deemed to be a law enacted by House.
The party said it (ACN) has now been vindicated for not only rejecting the proclamation, but for asking the National Assembly to study the proclamation well before approving it.
”Here is what we said in our statement of May 16th: ‘Truly understanding the proclamation will enable them to make aninformed decision when the issue is brought before them.’
”We also said that the state of emergency, which is essentially martial law, ‘has castrated democracy in the affected states, even though the democratic structures have been left largely intact’.Our warnings have now turned out to be prescient, a departure from the mass hysteria that greeted the declaration, a departure from the failure of all those who should have seriously scrutinized the
declaration.
”A nation justifiably angry over the senseless Boko Haram killings, but inexplicably overly exuberant at a time that calls for sober reflection, simply failed to see the booby traps in the state of emergency declaration. Predictably ever-acquiescing Senate went ahead to approve the declaration even before reading its provisions!
”But the House of Representatives, whose members are always standing by the people of Nigeria, carefully scrutinized the gazette and acted in the best interest of the people. We salute this great chamber and its truly honorable members. We urge them not to relent until they have succeeded in protecting democracy, even as the country fights the insurgents who have turned parts of our country into a killing field,” the party said
Meanwhile, the ACN has said that contrary to insinuations in certain quarters, it has not back-tracked from its rejection of the declaration of emergency rule in the three states.
The party also said it remains convinced that only a combination of a responsible use of force and dialogue – which some have tagged a carrot-and-stick approach – can resolve the Boko Haram crisis, and that the use of brute forcehas never totally resolved any insurgency anywhere.
”We do not need any lesson in patriotism and responsible opposition, because every action we have taken has been guided by patriotism and responsible opposition. Our interventions have never been based on cheap popularity but on rare courage and patriotism, and we will not relent in toeing this path,” it said.

http://ireports-ng.com/2013/05/23/acn-accuses-president-jonathan-of-deceiving-nigerians-on-state-of-emergency-in-borno-yobe-adamawa/
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by onatisi(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2013
grin
listen to the trash this power desperado is vomitting.thank God this party will never win the presidency

4 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by kamalahmed(m): 5:20pm On May 23, 2013
Onatisi, i hope u understand what the ACN man said before u comment, and u as well listen to the president broadcast on the emmergency rule and not adulterated speech u read on nairalander.

if u do, u will discover that' there contradiction between his speech and and action he later took against the democractical structure he (Jonathan) promised to protect in his speech.

well, we wish Nigeria well. God almighty will expose those of them u re feeding from Bokoharam budget.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by onatisi(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
kamalahmed: Onatisi, i hope u understand what the ACN man said before u comment, and u as well listen to the president broadcast on the emmergency rule and not adulterated speech u read on nairalander.

if u do, u will discover that' there contradiction between his speech and and action he later took against the democractical structure he (Jonathan) promised to protect in his speech.

well, we wish Nigeria well. God almighty will expose those of them u re feeding from Bokoharam budget.

u want mr president to sack all the democratic structures in 3 states all at once abi .then people will come here to say he is clueless .dont u kbow that he took the decision based on what political leaders and military cheifs recommended to him.his decision to leave the govs was based on what the senate president and other advised him .
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by minister2015: 5:47pm On May 23, 2013
onatisi:
u want mr president to sack all the democratic structures in 3 states all at once abi .then people will come here to say he is clueless .dont u kbow that he took the decision based on what political leaders and military cheifs recommended to him.his decision to leave the govs was based on what the senate president and other advised him .
it's obvi
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by abayomi23(f): 6:46pm On May 23, 2013
I pity alh lai Mohammed and APC /ACN, whether the presidents decisions is right or wrong, the evil called BH will soon consume alh lai Mohammed,APC and even Nigeria as a whole.they APC better start praying that SOE is successful or else they will all be consumed by the evil they have supported BH. If care is not taken, a terrorist will enter into the midst Of APC gathering and blow all of them into pieces. They better start praying that SOE succeeds instead of making unreasonable comments.yeye people.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 23, 2013
I cant make sense of what Lai Mohamed is saying

4 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by onatisi(m): 7:02pm On May 23, 2013
mikeansy: I cant make sense of what Lai Mohamed is saying
i thought i was the only one embarassed
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Maxymilliano(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2013
fkaz:
Meanwhile, the ACN has said that contrary to insinuations in certain quarters, it has not back-tracked from its rejection of the declaration of emergency rule in the three states.

”We do not need any lesson in patriotism and responsible opposition, because every action we have taken has been guided by patriotism and responsible opposition. Our interventions have never been based on cheap popularity but on rare courage and patriotism, and we will not relent in toeing this path,” it said.

@renoomokri: Blind opposition focuses your attention on those you oppose such that you don't see when your supporters are no longer following you.

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 23, 2013
In the words of Ola Rotimi to ACN Cum APC "A butterfly calling itself a bird"!
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by KnowAll(m): 7:23pm On May 23, 2013

Basically what Lai Mohammed is saying in essence is that President Goodluck Jonathan can theoretically over-rule the state house of assembly and withhold funds accrued to the states during "SOE" but in practice I do not see that happening except obviously the state Governor is found culpable of sponsoring BH activities, funding BH activities, sabotaging & jeopardizing JTF's effort and strategy. In the event of such happenings, the President can use emergency powers to side-step the 'state house of assembly' and stifle any funds given or accrued to the state government.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 23, 2013
ACN! If they continue dis way, a lot of opposition fans will lose faith in them. Infact they are already losing faith

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by onatisi(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2013
Oko_AGB: ACN! If they continue dis way, a lot of opposition fans will lose faith in them. Infact they are already losing faith
that party has always been a fraud
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by skillmachine: 8:34pm On May 23, 2013
To ACN.... When you find yourself in a hole.. STOP DIGGING.

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 23, 2013
[/quote]”The details of this Proclamation will be transmitted to the National Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution."But in the meantime", let me make it clear that within the purview of this Proclamation, the Governors and other political office holders in the affected states will continue to discharge their constitutional responsibilities.”[quote]

In the meantime means in the period of time between two events -*Gej declaration of SOE »»» and »»» its transmission/approval by the national assembly.*

So where did the president lied And I've mentioned this in one of my posts that those governors are lame ducks immediately SOE was declared. Their antecedents in the past have shown that they aint clean of BH insurgencies, though I've not seen the gazette but I won't be surprised if it deprive them of certain powers so as to make the operation more effective.

Moreover, Lai likewise termed nigerians acceptance of SOE as 'mass hysteria' and the senate of 'acquiescing' to the president, what an insult. This desperation for power at the centre has definitely blocked his sense of reasoning.

What a shame to ACN » APC, bunch of fake self professed progressives!

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by onatisi(m): 8:51pm On May 23, 2013
Timehin: ”The details of this Proclamation will be transmitted to the National Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution."But in the meantime", let me make it clear that within the purview of this Proclamation, the Governors and other political office holders in the affected states will continue to discharge their constitutional responsibilities.”

In the meantime means in the period of time between two events -*Gej declaration of SOE »»» and »»» its transmission/approval by the national assembly.*

So where did the president lied And I've mentioned this in one of my posts that those governors are lame ducks immediately SOE was declared. Their antecedents in the past have shown that they aint clean of BH insurgencies, though I've not seen the gazette but I won't be surprised if it deprive them of certain powers so as to make the operation more effective.

Moreover, Lai likewise termed nigerians acceptance of SOE as 'mass hysteria' and the senate of 'acquiescing' to the president, what an insult. This desperation for power at the centre has definitely blocked his sense of reasoning.

What a shame to ACN » APC, bunch of fake self professed progressives!
what more do u expect from a person whose name is lai other than lies
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by KASOFARI: 10:07pm On May 23, 2013
NIGERIA AND THE 40 CHARLATANS
Why has Boko not had any real proper Power and influential Government target since.... LOL.

na so so poor people den dey kill since....

Whoz fooling who.....?

Just 2 days and dey are saying they are seeing results on Boko... very funny a movement they created /
has bn running for years just quelled within 1 week like that. Doyin Okupe must be a joker sha....

If they could do this why allow them to grow and do us so much damage over the last few years..

Boko is an internal creation by them, GBAMK, they grew out of hand just like Massob and d past militants dey had to buy their arms off them back in d days for money/amnesty.

Im not fooled even if others are fooled....

I know Nigeria well enough....

Field marshal Doyin Okupe is now reporting war front success as if the people on ground have filed a security report withing 2 days or is it a week of Stste of Emergency

what is the National Security Adviser doing... drinking beer or what?

What a bunch of liars, deceitful and jokers they all are
2 years ago they told us same lies like this... this is now 2013 and they suddenly have woken up from their slumber after needless blood/lives have bn shed.....GOD will judge them all

....https://www.nairaland.com/762912/nigeria-chad-niger-set-launch....

Nigerian military no more the nation defenders...

1. The Nigerian military turned into political charlatans of GEJ administration
2. By using the military as a tool to achieve his devilish 2015 plus….. 6 years agenda.
3. Harassing, killing innocent Nigerians in a simple bid to curve insurgency (BH) created by same man to achieve this agenda.
4. Unprofessional and crude approach by the military to tackle small but elusive targets like BH guerrilla fighters. (Killing a mosquito with an axe!)
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by onatisi(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2013
KASOFARI: NIGERIA AND THE 40 CHARLATANS
Why has Boko not had any real proper Power and influential Government target since.... LOL.

na so so poor people den dey kill since....

Whoz fooling who.....?

Just 2 days and dey are saying they are seeing results on Boko... very funny a movement they created /
has bn running for years just quelled within 1 week like that. Doyin Okupe must be a joker sha....

If they could do this why allow them to grow and do us so much damage over the last few years..

Boko is an internal creation by them, GBAMK, they grew out of hand just like Massob and d past militants dey had to buy their arms off them back in d days for money/amnesty.

Im not fooled even if others are fooled....

I know Nigeria well enough....

Field marshal Doyin Okupe is now reporting war front success as if the people on ground have filed a security report withing 2 days or is it a week of Stste of Emergency

what is the National Security Adviser doing... drinking beer or what?

What a bunch of liars, deceitful and jokers they all are
2 years ago they told us same lies like this... this is now 2013 and they suddenly have woken up from their slumber after needless blood/lives have bn shed.....GOD will judge them all

....https://www.nairaland.com/762912/nigeria-chad-niger-set-launch....

Nigerian military no more the nation defenders...

1. The Nigerian military turned into political charlatans of GEJ administration
2. By using the military as a tool to achieve his devilish 2015 plus….. 6 years agenda.
3. Harassing, killing innocent Nigerians in a simple bid to curve insurgency (BH) created by same man to achieve this agenda.
4. Unprofessional and crude approach by the military to tackle small but elusive targets like BH guerrilla fighters. (Killing a mosquito with an axe!)
will somebody pls drop a piano on this guy

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Wadeoye(m): 11:04pm On May 23, 2013
abayomi23: I pity alh lai Mohammed and APC /ACN, whether the presidents decisions is right or wrong, the evil called BH will soon consume alh lai Mohammed,APC and even Nigeria as a whole.they APC better start praying that SOE is successful or else they will all be consumed by the evil they have supported BH. If care is not taken, a terrorist will enter into the midst Of APC gathering and blow all of them into pieces. They better start praying that SOE succeeds instead of making unreasonable comments.yeye people.

My people perish for lack of knowledge. They perish because they have failed to use their brain.

Can you tell me who will benefit from this boko haram insurgency politically? Gej or the opposition? If you can think for once about this, then you are getting to the root of the pepople behind this.

Note that Boko Haram will continue until 2015 purposely to castrate the north and kill opposition against PDP. The reason amnesty didn't work - I knew from day one amnesty will not work. The aim is 2015 and the killing, etc will continue until 2015.

A stable and peaceful north is a threat to some people.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by tigereyes: 11:17pm On May 23, 2013
onatisi:
will somebody pls drop a piano on this guy

Why? Please don't hurt the mentally disabled.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by dragunov: 11:36pm On May 23, 2013
kamalahmed: Onatisi, i hope u understand what the ACN man said before u comment, and u as well listen to the president broadcast on the emmergency rule and not adulterated speech u read on nairalander.

well, we wish Nigeria well. God almighty will expose those of them u re feeding from Bokoharam budget. For God's sake! What democratic structure are you guys ranting about? Of what use is a structure, albeit a democracy that cannot guarantee respect for the right to live and thrive in a peaceful environment? Are you saying that democracy has now become a god who must be satiated with the blood of the innocent? Are you saying Nigeria and Nigerians must harbour and or tolerate this banal criminality as characterized by the activities of BH all because some useless democracy has to be nutured? Why don't we talk about justice; afterall he who lives by the sword must surely die by it.

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by dragunov: 11:44pm On May 23, 2013
abayomi23: I pity alh lai Mohammed and APC /ACN, whether the presidents decisions is right or wrong, the evil called BH will soon consume alh lai Mohammed,APC and even Nigeria as a whole.they APC better start praying that SOE is successful or else they will all be consumed by the evil they have supported BH. If care is not taken, a terrorist will enter into the midst Of APC gathering and blow all of them into pieces. They better start praying that SOE succeeds instead of making unreasonable comments.yeye people.
. For God's sake! What democratic structure are you guys ranting about? Of what use is a structure, albeit a democracy that cannot guarantee respect for the right to live and thrive in a peaceful environment? Are you saying that democracy has now become a god who must be satiated with the blood of the innocent? Are you saying Nigeria and Nigerians must harbour and or tolerate this banal criminality as characterized by the activities of BH all because some useless democracy has to be nutured? Why don't we talk about justice; afterall he who lives by the sword must surely die by it.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Symphony007: 12:09am On May 24, 2013
Somebody should tell the ACN that when you're in a hole, you stop digging.

This people are just showing how shambolic and uncordinated they are. They're making this claim meanwhile their party members in the national assembly voted overwhealmingly for it. If they had concerns why did'nt any of their lawmakers speak about it on the floors of the house or senate where it can have actual impact rather than lai mohammed having inconsequential press conferences without proof or backup from the affected state governments.

The ACN just keep proving their amatuerism. Doyin okupe and ruben abati can't belive their luck.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by lacasa: 12:26am On May 24, 2013
Thank you ACN

We will not be fooled! angry
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by koruji(m): 5:43am On May 24, 2013
You are the one without a thinking head here. GEJ laid booby-traps in his declaration of SOE. He is yet to address the fundamental problem confronting this nation. Without that, the SOE will be visiting your doorsteps in the no distant future.

onatisi: grin
listen to the trash this power desperado is vomitting.thank God this party will never win the presidency
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by koruji(m): 5:45am On May 24, 2013
That is not the issue - GEJ said those structures will be preserved, but was being economical with the truth.

dragunov: . For God's sake! What democratic structure are you guys ranting about? Of what use is a structure, albeit a democracy that cannot guarantee respect for the right to live and thrive in a peaceful environment? Are you saying that democracy has now become a god who must be satiated with the blood of the innocent? Are you saying Nigeria and Nigerians must harbour and or tolerate this banal criminality as characterized by the activities of BH all because some useless democracy has to be nutured? Why don't we talk about justice; afterall he who lives by the sword must surely die by it.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by fkaz(m): 6:42am On May 24, 2013
koruji: You are the one without a thinking head here. GEJ laid booby-traps in his declaration of SOE. He is yet to address the fundamental problem confronting this nation. Without that, the SOE will be visiting your doorsteps in the no distant future.

On point sir
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Demdem(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2013
No doubt, ACN has been vindicated. Again the retardeen is on record to have lied on tv. ACN was able to see through the intents of Jonathan despite being heavily criticised. I was also slightly critical about the release but it seems they are right afterall.
Jonathan has proven once again that he is not to be trusted. U can still defeat evil boko without ur lies.
Demdem hate liars.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Demdem(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2013

U have a good point there. Only the wise can understand what he said.

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Nobody: 7:50am On May 24, 2013
Poor comprehension and deficient education has been the problem of the Nigerian society, and the display of those on this thread is saddening.
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by Burger01(m): 8:36am On May 24, 2013
What's with ACN these dayz? ..and what's with this cesspit called 'Lie Mohamed'?

sad
Re: ACN Accuses President Jonathan Of Deceiving Nigerians On State Of Emergency In B by gramci: 8:57am On May 24, 2013
Demdem:

U have a good point there. Only the wise can understand what he said.

So APC members at National Assembly must be st.upid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Asylum Seekers Beg South African Government For Free Housing / Woman Suspected To Be SSS Tortured And Beheaded By Boko Haram Members (video) / INEC Declares APGA Winner,pdp 2nd,apc 3rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.