Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. (2280 Views)

CLAMP DOWN ON BOKO HARAM, INJUSTICE TO NORTH – BUHARI / The Move To Increase Import Taxes On Tokunbo Cars Is Injustice To The Poor / An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 5:23pm On May 23, 2013
May be I'm the only one thinking this way?

The whites are quick to associate an evil or bad behaviour to Nigerians or blacks but when a white is involved, they give it a host of psychopathic apppellations. When Nigerians or blacks do good or achieve great feats in foreign countries, those countries are quick to attribute the success to themselves. It seems to me that they only choose to get credit for the good and not the bad. I completely detest and condemn all the acts of terrorism and inhumanity and at the same time, we should call a spade a spade. When someone does evil, he is a british-Nigerian, African-American.....but when they do good, they are simply british, american.....injustice at the highest level.

I do not see in the BBC, CNN news or the World super powers condemning BUNKERING in nigeria. All I see in the news is Corruption, Boko Haram, Insurgence and so on. Even though, these are equally heinous crimes being perpetrated in Nigeria yet Nigeria looses even more to Oil BUNKERING and I believe these super powers benefit from the situation and that's why they don't say anything about it. In my opinion, this is unfair to Nigeria.

How do we put an end to all the negative publicities being attributed to us as nigerians and as africans?
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by Nobody: 12:59am On May 24, 2013
maybe remaining in Africa is the best thing, nothing is preventing Africans from doing the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 5:29am On May 24, 2013
But it is not really possible to remain in africa. Africans have to travel out just like the whites travel as well.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 6:42pm On May 24, 2013
zetdee: maybe remaining in Africa is the best thing, nothing is preventing Africans from doing the same thing.
?
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 3:37am On May 25, 2013
Success has so many friends while failure or evil has no associate.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 8:44pm On May 27, 2013
My Vicky: May be I'm the only one thinking this way?

The whites are quick to associate an evil or bad behaviour to Nigerians or blacks but when a white is involved, they give it a host of psychopathic apppellations. When Nigerians or blacks do good or achieve great feats in foreign countries, those countries are quick to attribute the success to themselves. It seems to me that they only choose to get credit for the good and not the bad. I completely detest and condemn all the acts of terrorism and inhumanity and at the same time, we should call a spade a spade. When someone does evil, he is a british-Nigerian, African-American.....but when they do good, they are simply british, american.....injustice at the highest level.

I do not see in the BBC, CNN news or the World super powers condemning BUNKERING in nigeria. All I see in the news is Corruption, Boko Haram, Insurgence and so on. Even though, these are equally heinous crimes being perpetrated in Nigeria yet Nigeria looses even more to Oil BUNKERING and I believe these super powers benefit from the situation and that's why they don't say anything about it. In my opinion, this is unfair to Nigeria.

How do we put an end to all the negative publicities being attributed to us as nigerians and as africans?
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by sammyademola: 2:26am On Aug 10, 2013
My Vicky: May be I'm the only one thinking this way?

The world is designed to be so
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 10, 2013
zetdee: maybe remaining in Africa is the best thing, nothing is preventing Africans from doing the same thing.
Now I know why south Africa has such a poor informal sector.. thank God for bee for una body
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 6:47am On Aug 12, 2013
sheyie2007: Now I know why south Africa has such a poor informal sector.. thank God for bee for una body
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2013
The whole key is in the mind of the African, everything we need to do is in the mind, the physical aspects is just 15%, Psychological re-orientation constitutes 85% of the whole work. Until we change the way we think and start looking inwards we will never attain full efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2013
thoth: The whole key is in the mind of the African, everything we need to do is in the mind, the physical aspects is just 15%, Psychological re-orientation constitutes 85% of the whole work. Until we change the way we think and start looking inwards we will never attain full efficiency.

So, where do we start and how do we go about it? About half of the african population may not even be able to comprehend the big grammar you wrote up there.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by redsun(m): 9:30am On Aug 13, 2013
Put your house in order first. What could be worse than what the African politicians are doing to their own people? What could be worse than atrocities of nigerian thieving and murdering leaders?

1 Like

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2013
My Vicky:

So, where do we start and how do we go about it? About half of the african population may not even be able to comprehend the big grammar you wrote up there.
It is not really a big task as you think, very little things we can change will contribute a lot to the overall development and outlook.

We can start by banning all forms of religious education in our schools, things like Christian religious Knowledge and Islamic studies will be banned in all our Public Schools.
Those Subjects will be replaced with National History and Ethics, the curriculum will be extremely Afrocentric with a thorough nationalistic theme, Students will learn the true history of their nation, without bias, history should be studies deeply and discussed more as the child grows towards university age. The role of Colonialism and how it came should be bared in all its gruesomeness, The Pre-colonial situation of our nations will be studied from an African point of View and the Post colonial situations will also be studied in the same manner.
Nigerian Civil War is a topic that needs to be dissected without bias, studied and inculcated into the history curriculum in the context of fostering unity, presented as an affliction we all suffered as a nation and instructing the young ones never ever to ever allow outsiders and selfish and egotistical people to ever bring distrust among them.
A young mind is like a farm, you can water it, fertilize it and plant it, if you nurture the plant carefully it will do very well.

Children who grew up on these theme and mindset will be proud of their nation, very protective of what belongs to their nation and when they look around them and feel ashamed that their nation is lagging behind others, the extreme love they have for their nation will compel them to do something positive, to struggle to built something they will be proud of.

Children who grew up with an Afrocentric and Pan-Nigerian mindset will see it as a taboo to do certain things that the current generation does, such indoctrination is exactly the same as some of those things you view as taboo because your tribe see it so, believe me if you are from another tribe you may even have great pleasure in committing that taboo but you have been brought up indoctrinated that such is forbidden. that is what INDOCTRINATION IS ALL ABOUT.

Every Nation does this, Israel is very good at it. France has been doing such since the 18th century. China has its to the extreme. North Korea is a case to be studied.
In the end the result is a population that is politically aware, a nation that is conscious of its own existence, a people that will hold the line not for money or some selfish gratification but the perceived honor it brings to serve ones nation.
Nigerians are not conscious of its existence, they just answer Nigerians by name and none is really Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
thoth:
It is not really a big task as you think, very little things we can change will contribute a lot to the overall development and outlook.

We can start by banning all forms of religious education in our schools, things like Christian religious Knowledge and Islamic studies will be banned in all our Public Schools.
Those Subjects will be replaced with National History and Ethics, the curriculum will be extremely Afrocentric with a thorough nationalistic theme, Students will learn the true history of their nation, without bias, history should be studies deeply and discussed more as the child grows towards university age. The role of Colonialism and how it came should be bared in all its gruesomeness, The Pre-colonial situation of our nations will be studied from an African point of View and the Post colonial situations will also be studied in the same manner.
Nigerian Civil War is a topic that needs to be dissected without bias, studied and inculcated into the history curriculum in the context of fostering unity, presented as an affliction we all suffered as a nation and instructing the young ones never ever to ever allow outsiders and selfish and egotistical people to ever bring distrust among them.
A young mind is like a farm, you can water it, fertilize it and plant it, if you nurture the plant carefully it will do very well.

Children who grew up on these theme and mindset will be proud of their nation, very protective of what belongs to their nation and when they look around them and feel ashamed that their nation is lagging behind others, the extreme love they have for their nation will compel them to do something positive, to struggle to built something they will be proud of.

Children who grew up with an Afrocentric and Pan-Nigerian mindset will see it as a taboo to do certain things that the current generation does, such indoctrination is exactly the same as some of those things you view as taboo because your tribe see it so, believe me if you are from another tribe you may even have great pleasure in committing that taboo but you have been brought up indoctrinated that such is forbidden. that is what INDOCTRINATION IS ALL ABOUT.

Every Nation does this, Israel is very good at it. France has been doing such since the 18th century. China has its to the extreme. North Korea is a case to be studied.
In the end the result is a population that is politically aware, a nation that is conscious of its own existence, a people that will hold the line not for money or some selfish gratification but the perceived honor it brings to serve ones nation.
Nigerians are not conscious of its existence, they just answer Nigerians by name and none is really Nigerians.

Do you think about the consequences of neglecting God either by a nation or by her people? North Korea should have been the best country in the world going by the quoted analysis!
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by dasparrow: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2013

Why didn't the whites remain in Europe as well instead of migrating to South Africa and treating Negros like yourself there like shyte?
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 12:24am On Aug 19, 2013
dasparrow:

Why didn't the whites remain in Europe as well instead of migrating to South Africa and treating Negros like yourself there like shyte?
What a response!??
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2013
My Vicky:

Do you think about the consequences of neglecting God either by a nation or by her people? North Korea should have been the best country in the world going by the quoted analysis!
Nobody is neglecting God, But we had our ways of worshiping the almighty before the alien religions invaded and destroyed our society and peace.
North Korea is not Nigeria, they will never be Nigeria, they will never reach Nigerian population in 30 years, neither will they have all the resources that Nigeria has in 1000,000 years, they will not have many ethnic groups as Nigeria does even if they unite with south Korea.
I believe you are a christian and a good one too. but you choose the wrong example, maybe out of ignorance or just deliberately, we all have fanatic tendencies but i believe if you are looking at Asia you will rather talk of China and Japan as a Good example. South Korea is another great example.
Going back to our roots is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 4:36am On Aug 19, 2013
thoth:
Nobody is neglecting God, But we had our ways of worshiping the almighty before the alien religions invaded and destroyed our society and peace.
North Korea is not Nigeria, they will never be Nigeria, they will never reach Nigerian population in 30 years, neither will they have all the resources that Nigeria has in 1000,000 years, they will not have many ethnic groups as Nigeria does even if they unite with south Korea.
I believe you are a christian and a good one too. but you choose the wrong example, maybe out of ignorance or just deliberately, we all have fanatic tendencies but i believe if you are looking at Asia you will rather talk of China and Japan as a Good example. South Korea is another great example.
Going back to our roots is the answer.
So, Nigeria should have been great when her people had the non-alien religions! Haven't you read about the pre-colonial wars, chaos, brutality, inhumanity, wickedness, cruelty, miseries and such likes that were prevalent in the then ethnic groups in Nigeria!. You are right about North Korea but have you considered other small countries of the world who are doing so great even with the so-called alien religions! Looking at Asia like you said, I am not deceived by the figures of financial buoyancy usually attributed to China. You need to visit China and see how impoverished a large number of her citizens are! You don't even need to visit China, just look around you and see number of chinese folks who 'fled' their country to seek greener pastures elsewhere. It's the same thing that we hear about Nigeria, they tell us Nigeria is one of the most prosperous and rich country in Africa but that doesn't cascade down to her down-trodden masses. That's exactly the situation in China, India...though I do not know much about the living conditions of the people of Japan and S/Korea. I am much aware of the fact that religion without God has created a lot of problems for us in Africa, especially Nigeria but advocating the eradication of spiritual development in the society will do more harm than good. The USA is heading in that downward direction forgetting that the foundation laid by the so called religious fore fathers has gone a long way to help the progress of the country.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2013
My Vicky:
So, Nigeria should have been great when her people had the non-alien religions! Haven't you read about the pre-colonial wars, chaos, brutality, inhumanity, wickedness, cruelty, miseries and such likes that were prevalent in the then ethnic groups in Nigeria!. You are right about North Korea but have you considered other small countries of the world who are doing so great even with the so-called alien religions! Looking at Asia like you said, I am not deceived by the figures of financial buoyancy usually attributed to China. You need to visit China and see how impoverished a large number of her citizens are! You don't even need to visit China, just look around you and see number of chinese folks who 'fled' their country to seek greener pastures elsewhere. It's the same thing that we hear about Nigeria, they tell us Nigeria is one of the most prosperous and rich country in Africa but that doesn't cascade down to her down-trodden masses. That's exactly the situation in China, India...though I do not know much about the living conditions of the people of Japan and S/Korea. I am much aware of the fact that religion without God has created a lot of problems for us in Africa, especially Nigeria but advocating the eradication of spiritual development in the society will do more harm than good. The USA is heading in that downward direction forgetting that the foundation laid by the so called religious fore fathers has gone a long way to help the progress of the country.

Sorry, there were no wars, miseries,brutality whatsoever in per-colonial times, i have studied African history quite well and i promote it myself, so maybe you should direct us to where you read about such Barbary in per-colonial Africa. Each Ethnic groups has rules and laws that govern their engagement with other ethnic groups, one study shows that the inter-ethnic conflict was amplified and violence intensified with the European Christian contacts in Africa, The Christian Europeans were giving guns and weapons to river line chiefs and inciting them to slave campaigns against the inland nations and naturally they aided and overthrew many chiefs who obstructed the crooks among their community from going the western way.

The only time we ever had such horrible events was with the Islamic Jihad of Usman dan Fodio and the equally barbaric but more horrible invasion by the Europeans with the Christianity and mass exploitation.

Sorry i am living in china at the moment. I have stayed in china during its formative years and as pure communist country and my job at that time gives me more insight to the national policies and reasons why such policies are formed.

You Fail to understand is that the Chinese guys you see around you were there because their country is rich and they are there on a sort of expedition, which is simply finding markets for their goods and services. they live better than you in your own country and they have meaningful and respectable things to do unlike your own Christianized people who go their country to sell drugs and steal from respectable citizens. china has come a long way and they are bringing millions out of poverty each year, read their urbanization process and the statistics that follows it every 2 years, you will marvel at the number of Chinese that has a better and improved living conditions every year, the amount of Chinese that are living comfortably is three times the whole population of Nigeria while you and your Christianized leaders could not even say that of 40% of your population.

Again, we are more spiritually developed in our pristine African experience than the in our modern christian/Islamic confused state. nobody advocates for the eradication of religion rather what i am calling for is an African solution to African problems, my first post clearly explained it and the reason behind the idea.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by deeptesting(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
@OP why is Jesus Christ a white man and the Devil a black man? I will be back just sneaked in to see what is going on NL. It is called MENTAL SLAVERY...
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 3:18am On Aug 20, 2013
dasparrow:

I will always remember this response. One of the most illuminating comeback i had come across on such topics.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by igbo2011(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
thoth:

Sorry, there were no wars, miseries,brutality whatsoever in per-colonial times, i have studied African history quite well and i promote it myself, so maybe you should direct us to where you read about such Barbary in per-colonial Africa. Each Ethnic groups has rules and laws that govern their engagement with other ethnic groups, one study shows that the inter-ethnic conflict was amplified and violence intensified with the European Christian contacts in Africa, The Christian Europeans were giving guns and weapons to river line chiefs and inciting them to slave campaigns against the inland nations and naturally they aided and overthrew many chiefs who obstructed the crooks among their community from going the western way.

The only time we ever had such horrible events was with the Islamic Jihad of Usman dan Fodio and the equally barbaric but more horrible invasion by the Europeans with the Christianity and mass exploitation.

Sorry i am living in china at the moment. I have stayed in china during its formative years and as pure communist country and my job at that time gives me more insight to the national policies and reasons why such policies are formed.

You Fail to understand is that the Chinese guys you see around you were there because their country is rich and they are there on a sort of expedition, which is simply finding markets for their goods and services. they live better than you in your own country and they have meaningful and respectable things to do unlike your own Christianized people who go their country to sell drugs and steal from respectable citizens. china has come a long way and they are bringing millions out of poverty each year, read their urbanization process and the statistics that follows it every 2 years, you will marvel at the number of Chinese that has a better and improved living conditions every year, the amount of Chinese that are living comfortably is three times the whole population of Nigeria while you and your Christianized leaders could not even say that of 40% of your population.

Again, we are more spiritually developed in our pristine African experience than the in our modern christian/Islamic confused state. nobody advocates for the eradication of religion rather what i am calling for is an African solution to African problems, my first post clearly explained it and the reason behind the idea.

Chinese are in Africa giving bad deals and staling resources to. Everyone has their bad apples. Chinese build bad infrastructure People say they rather have no infrastructure than bad ones.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/15/ghana-deports-chinese-goldminers

1 Like

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 12:20am On Aug 21, 2013
igbo2011:

Chinese are in Africa giving bad deals and staling resources to. Everyone has their bad apples. Chinese build bad infrastructure People say they rather have no infrastructure than bad ones.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/15/ghana-deports-chinese-goldminers
I don't deny that, in fact there are lots of evidence to prove what you said, what i did not agree with was that they are fleeing poverty in their own country, can you imagine such thought ?
if they are fleeing poverty why can't we be the ones building those stuffs for them, why would they be building stuffs for us, making deals that worth billions of dollars why the same Christianized Nigerians don't have such juicy deals ? that was my disagreement with the poster.

1 Like

Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by igbo2011(m): 2:02am On Aug 21, 2013
thoth:
I don't deny that, in fact there are lots of evidence to prove what you said, what i did not agree with was that they are fleeing poverty in their own country, can you imagine such thought ?
if they are fleeing poverty why can't we be the ones building those stuffs for them, why would they be building stuffs for us, making deals that worth billions of dollars why the same Christianized Nigerians don't have such juicy deals ? that was my disagreement with the poster.

They simply have the technology and we do not. America transferred a lot of their technology to China so that is how China is where it is right now. America doesn't transfer technology to Africa they give us foreign aid which is economic imperialism. They give us unfair WTO policies, World Bank/IMF loans. There is an economic relationship that is different for both of us. The west doesn't see us equally. They portray u badly and only look down on us while with China they see them differently so they invest in them.

Also China doesn't have neocolonialism like Africa has. America tried to control China but it didn't work. I agree with what you are saying but I am just telling you the reasons. Yo probably already know what I am saying though because you are afrocentric and familiar with neocolonialism.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 6:24am On Aug 21, 2013
thoth:

May be you should check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_China, the references therein as well as several other pages on the internet about the poverty situation in China (e.g http://www.ruralpovertyportal.org/country/home/tags/china). Though, the rate of poverty is declining yet roughly 36% of the population is still poor! That's approximately thrice or three times the population of Nigeria!!! Meanwhile, I have worked and studied with a lot of chinese guys and I have lots of them as friends. All you said about China is not the whole truth. It is true that poverty rate is declining dratically but yet over 480 million chinese are still living in poverty! If one is comfortable in his or her country, why do they have to troop out en mass working odd jobs in foreign countries? It is true that some seek business deals and make millions in the process but yet others flee due to the economic situation in China. People who work with Chinese companies such as Huawei will be able to enlighten you better about how chinese guys breach immigration laws just to flee their country and accept odd placements outside. When a country is conduicive for her citizenry, you hardly find them trooping out enmass and even the very few who do, do so for tourism, adventure or businesses. How many Norwegians, Americans, Saudi Arabians, venezuelans etc do you find outside their country as compared to chinese (and Nigerians) outside their countries?

To the best of my knowledge, saying there were no wars, miseries,brutality whatsoever in pre-colonial times is a bit far from the truth. It may be true that some of the accounts might have been over bloated but there surely exists ethnic wars, miseries and brutality! It's simply part of human nature to seek dominance, military power and other forms of power and these always results into wars. I have read books about wars, miseries and brutality in Yorubaland long before the colonial masters arrived. When you peruse through http://yorupedia.com/subjects/historical-figures/, one will observe the impact of military brutality in the existence of a race. I may not know about other tribes but I have certainly read about the Yorubaland and I strongly believe the same applies to every human race!!! You don't need to ask me for references, google and wikipedia will be of help if anyone needs information about african wars and brutality! I'm not disputing the fact that the colonial masters made it worse but it surely existed long before they came!

You are definitely right with your comments and observations but not absolutely and you can't just dismiss other's opinion or view point.

Thanks!!!
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by thoth: 3:58am On Aug 22, 2013
My Vicky:

May be you should check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_China, the references therein as well as several other pages on the internet about the poverty situation in China (e.g http://www.ruralpovertyportal.org/country/home/tags/china). Though, the rate of poverty is declining yet roughly 36% of the population is still poor! That's approximately thrice or three times the population of Nigeria!!! Meanwhile, I have worked and studied with a lot of chinese guys and I have lots of them as friends. All you said about China is not the whole truth. It is true that poverty rate is declining dratically but yet over 480 million chinese are still living in poverty! If one is comfortable in his or her country, why do they have to troop out en mass working odd jobs in foreign countries? It is true that some seek business deals and make millions in the process but yet others flee due to the economic situation in China. People who work with Chinese companies such as Huawei will be able to enlighten you better about how chinese guys breach immigration laws just to flee their country and accept odd placements outside. When a country is conduicive for her citizenry, you hardly find them trooping out enmass and even the very few who do, do so for tourism, adventure or businesses. How many Norwegians, Americans, Saudi Arabians, venezuelans etc do you find outside their country as compared to chinese (and Nigerians) outside their countries?

To the best of my knowledge, saying there were no wars, miseries,brutality whatsoever in pre-colonial times is a bit far from the truth. It may be true that some of the accounts might have been over bloated but there surely exists ethnic wars, miseries and brutality! It's simply part of human nature to seek dominance, military power and other forms of power and these always results into wars. I have read books about wars, miseries and brutality in Yorubaland long before the colonial masters arrived. When you peruse through http://yorupedia.com/subjects/historical-figures/, one will observe the impact of military brutality in the existence of a race. I may not know about other tribes but I have certainly read about the Yorubaland and I strongly believe the same applies to every human race!!! You don't need to ask me for references, google and wikipedia will be of help if anyone needs information about african wars and brutality! I'm not disputing the fact that the colonial masters made it worse but it surely existed long before they came!

You are definitely right with your comments and observations but not absolutely and you can't just dismiss other's opinion or view point.

Thanks!!!

You should first understand that many of the sources you referred to is highly political, in the sense it is used as a western smearing campaign against the Chinese government, you did not read the discussion section of the Wikipedia articles you posted and see the tremendous flaws that people keep pointing out. the other website is just smear. i deal with statistics released by the Chinese governments themselves and the reality on the ground and that does not go in line with the western pig tales which is usually fed to the unenlightened masses.
Was it not the same western organizations that will tell you that Nigeria is growing by 12% yearly and make other bogus claims of development and investments while the reality on the ground is that many more people are slumping into the worst state of poverty never witnessed so far in this country since after the civil war ?

My question was very simple and i hope you can address it in the same manner..china under Deng Xiaoping started introducing Capitalist policies in their economy from 1980 and if that has raised more than 1 billion Chinese out of poverty even though they don't believe in God and brought them into being the world largest economy ; how then that your Christianized Nigerians has not brought even 2% of their population out of poverty for more than 50 years?
Even if we go by your statistics and 40% of Chinese(i know you said 36%) are poor does that compare with Nigeria positively ?
That means that more than 1 billion people are actually living good. what does that say about your country ?
Chinese never run away from their country like Nigerians do, they simply go to explore and find markets for their services. if you have Chinese working as laborers in a Chinese construction firm that means they are gainfully employed and rendering services and therefore receive a salary for their services. Nigerians don't even have menial jobs to do talk less of one where they can claim to be gainfully employed. is that what you call running away ?
We should talk good about our country of course but we should be truthful to ourselves while doing that. sorry.

On the topic of wars and barbarism as a part of human experience i can agree that it existed in minute and manageable quantity, and it is not justified in any way. what the colonialist did was to introduce those two in a way that it can actually be termed as true destruction and Barbarism, the highest extent it could go..justified by Christianity and christian civilization.

there are armed robbers since the beginning of time but when some Christians arm those bad eggs and promise them money if they can raid villages with their Christian weapons and bring back slaves then it becomes barbarism.

There were religions in Africa , but when some Christians kill thousands and imprison more thousands and force their religion down their throats then it become barbarism. since all those religions co-existed peacefully with each other and no one has ever heard in history that an African religion tried to convert another African religion by force. Africans are not fanatics, Christianity/Islam brought fanaticism to Africa.

the simple truth is we had peace before the Christians came and they took it away from us. [size=16pt]IT IS THEY CHRISTIANS THAT TOOK AWAY THE PEACE FROM AFRICA.[/size]
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 5:52am On Aug 22, 2013
thoth:

You should first understand that many of the sources you referred to is highly political, in the sense it is used as a western smearing campaign against the Chinese government, you did not read the discussion section of the Wikipedia articles you posted and see the tremendous flaws that people keep pointing out. the other website is just smear. i deal with statistics released by the Chinese governments themselves and the reality on the ground and that does not go in line with the western pig tales which is usually fed to the unenlightened masses.
Was it not the same western organizations that will tell you that Nigeria is growing by 12% yearly and make other bogus claims of development and investments while the reality on the ground is that many more people are slumping into the worst state of poverty never witnessed so far in this country since after the civil war ?

My question was very simple and i hope you can address it in the same manner..china under Deng Xiaoping started introducing Capitalist policies in their economy from 1980 and if that has raised more than 1 billion Chinese out of poverty even though they don't believe in God and brought them into being the world largest economy ; how then that your Christianized Nigerians has not brought even 2% of their population out of poverty for more than 50 years?
Even if we go by your statistics and 40% of Chinese(i know you said 36%) are poor does that compare with Nigeria positively ?
That means that more than 1 billion people are actually living good. what does that say about your country ?
Chinese never run away from their country like Nigerians do, they simply go to explore and find markets for their services. if you have Chinese working as laborers in a Chinese construction firm that means they are gainfully employed and rendering services and therefore receive a salary for their services. Nigerians don't even have menial jobs to do talk less of one where they can claim to be gainfully employed. is that what you call running away ?
We should talk good about our country of course but we should be truthful to ourselves while doing that. sorry.

On the topic of wars and barbarism as a part of human experience i can agree that it existed in minute and manageable quantity, and it is not justified in any way. what the colonialist did was to introduce those two in a way that it can actually be termed as true destruction and Barbarism, the highest extent it could go..justified by Christianity and christian civilization.

there are armed robbers since the beginning of time but when some Christians arm those bad eggs and promise them money if they can raid villages with their Christian weapons and bring back slaves then it becomes barbarism.

There were religions in Africa , but when some Christians kill thousands and imprison more thousands and force their religion down their throats then it become barbarism. since all those religions co-existed peacefully with each other and no one has ever heard in history that an African religion tried to convert another African religion by force. Africans are not fanatics, Christianity/Islam brought fanaticism to Africa.

the simple truth is we had peace before the Christians came and they took it away from us. [size=16pt]IT IS THEY CHRISTIANS THAT TOOK AWAY THE PEACE FROM AFRICA.[/size]

You threw me into paroxysm of laughter!!!! Your comment must be a joke! It is so hilatrious to me that I'm even short of words to say!!! I can't believe you just typed all that and you couldn't see how amusing it sounded!!!!!

Abeg, I think it's better we just agree to differ! I'm not that into battle of words nor of argumentative superiority! I'm always ready to learn but I don't take garbage for learning.

Even though there may be some element of truth in your line of argument but yet it is so obvious that the iota of truth has been completely overshadowed by opinionated incorrigibility!
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by ba7man(m): 6:01am On Aug 22, 2013
This is not a religious matter. Its simple, Nigerians aren't giving themselves a good name within and outside the country. This has in turn affected the honest ones that only want to live a clean, fuss free life.

They commit so much crime, everyone that will read this post will either know an online Scammer, drug peddler or corrupt Govt official on first hand basis.

We have given that image to the world and they're only reacting to it. We need to look inwards and Stop pointing fingers at religion or the White man or what not.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: This is not a religious matter. Its simple, Nigerians aren't giving themselves a good name within and outside the country. This has in turn affected the honest ones that only want to live a clean, fuss free life.

They commit so much crime, everyone that will read this post will either know an online Scammer, drug peddler or corrupt Govt official on first hand basis.

We have given that image to the world and they're only reacting to it. We need to look inwards and Stop pointing fingers at religion or the White man or what not.

Thanks for the break from religious prejudice! This is a breathe of fresh air!
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by ba7man(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
My Vicky:

Thanks for the break from religious prejudice! This is a breathe of fresh air!
Its true, we always seek everywhere for one external cause of our situations without looking inwards first.
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by MyVicky: 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: Its true, we always seek everywhere for one external cause of our situations without looking inwards first.

I agree with you. Because if not, how on earth could someone claim that serving God is the problem of nigeria?
Re: Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks. by ba7man(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
My Vicky:
I agree with you. Because if not, how on earth could someone claim that serving God is the problem of nigeria?
I pay no mind to those kind of people. They either haven't read the Bible or aren't patient enough to understand it.

We are religious without being spiritual. We pay attention to the rituals of being Christians (Praying, going to church/night vigil) without following Biblical principles (Love, giving, kindness etc).

We now sit back and expect magical miracles to appear out of nowhere when we haven't even made a move to actualize it. When it doesn't happen, we now get angry and blame God and religion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally!! President Jonathan Replies Obasanjo / First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / Gov.fashola May Decamp From APC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.