Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist (32846 Views)

Michael Adebolajo And Michael Adebowale Guilty Of Lee Rigby Murder / Woolwich Murderer Michael Adebolajo Attacked & Injured In Prison / Younger Brother Of Michael Adebolajo 'was Paid Thousands To Spy In Middle East' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by tdade(m): 11:39pm On May 24, 2013
One thing that bugs me is how, when things like this happen, you see some muslims tweeting(and posting) 'islam is a religion of peace'. Now, I get their good intentions but I feel, they should instead go on rallies and week-long protests on how islam is a religion of peace so the extremists can understand their version of Islam - rather than sitting in a comfy chair and posting without action. Its gotten to a stage where those who believe in the peaceful version start proving how it is INDEED peaceful.

7 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 11:44pm On May 24, 2013
ekwah: Very very foolish idiots! angry They should face the full wrath of the law! These are the animals who continue to make things difficult for honest and hardworking Nigerians abroad. angry

Are there that much number of honest Nigerians?

Honestly speaking Nigerians didnt just have a bad name. the bad name has been there.

The need to be perceived as good appears to becloud Nigerians and their capacity to reason these days. smh
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 11:48pm On May 24, 2013
TheBookWorm: What I can't understand is why do these religious extremist stay in countries that they hate?

Maybe they should move to Saudi Arabia, Yemen or Pakistan instead of coming to nations that value secularism.

There they can have their sharia while people who want to live in the modern age can live in peace.

Actually religious extremists will find even Saudi hard to live in. Many of you can not differrentiate the normal Muslim from an extremist.

The land belongs to all however.An extremist knows that more than anyone else .

2 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by kulgee001(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2013
tdade: One thing that bugs me is how, when things like this happen, you see some muslims tweeting(and posting) 'islam is a religion of peace'. Now, I get their good intentions but I feel, they should instead go on rallies and week-long protests on how islam is a religion of peace so the extremists can understand their version of Islam - rather than sitting in a comfy chair and posting without action. Its gotten to a stage where those who believe in the peaceful version start proving how it is INDEED peaceful.

Even if they did, i'm not sure you'd see it on the news. They don't control the media do they? Unfortunately twitter and social media is where they can actually be heard. If you don't like reading about that you can just look and pass.

2 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by IGBOSON1: 11:53pm On May 24, 2013
What good could possibly come out of being converted by a convict moslem preacher? The mere fact that they're preaching from prison presupposes that they'd have an intense hatred for western society and their gov'ts; and that hatred is bound to be transferred to their young and impressionable converts.....converts who may likely feel abandoned and isolated from society, and would see 'islam' as the new family that offers them that sense of belonging and 'family' that they lacked on the outside.

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 11:53pm On May 24, 2013
tdade: Alarmingly true. But what exactly can be done to curb this trend?

To preach the true Islam.

Fact is many more people will find Islam.attractive and will revert. Keeping them on track is a role Muslim leaders have to play. The reverts naturally tend to go miles faster than they should and are easy preys.

God help them.

4 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 11:56pm On May 24, 2013
kulgee001: This guy is a criminal/terrorist who claims he is a muslim. He has been in and out of jail before now. He has a criminal history. I don't know how you all missed that part.

I wonder o.

I pity Mujahid so much. I wish he met the right Muslims, heard the right sermons and lived as a Mu'min. May Allah have mercy on his soul.

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by GenButtNaked: 11:57pm On May 24, 2013
deols:

To preach the true Islam.

Fact is many more people will find Islam.attractive and will revert. Keeping them on track is a role Muslim leaders have to play. The reverts naturally tend to go miles faster than they should and are easy preys.

God help them.

Horse Sh1t.

Only the so-called fanatics are true adherents to islam. moderate muslims are lazy sissy wimps who can't be bothered going through the confusing arabic d1ck scribble that mo' authored.

Islam is violent! Just pickup a koran and read and you will see all evidence to the contrary that Islam is a Religion of Peace.

11 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by tdade(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2013
kulgee001:

Even if they did, i'm not sure you'd see it on the news. They don't control the media do they? Unfortunately twitter and social media is where they can actually be heard. If you don't like reading about that you can just look and pass.
If they did, we would see it on the news. All the Imams do after attacks like this is come out and dissociate themselves from the terrorist. You make it sound like there's a hidden agenda against Islam.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 11:58pm On May 24, 2013
tdade: One thing that bugs me is how, when things like this happen, you see some muslims tweeting(and posting) 'islam is a religion of peace'. Now, I get their good intentions but I feel, they should instead go on rallies and week-long protests on how islam is a religion of peace so the extremists can understand their version of Islam - rather than sitting in a comfy chair and posting without action. Its gotten to a stage where those who believe in the peaceful version start proving how it is INDEED peaceful.

And every Muslim has to continually take responsibility for someone else's action?

How many times have you carried placards denouncing the criminal activities of Nigerians?

5 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by mekaboy(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2013
My fear is that the next world war might be the WORLD against ISLAM.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by redbottles(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2013
Ayatullah:

Just checked out your profile, I am happy you did not disappoint me that indeed you descended from that animal displayed in your profile.........Muslim haters are hell bound except they repent. Keep watching your back............Michael Adebolajo is coming to cleanse your mind with his cleaver!

words cannot express how much of a terrible person you are cry....such a waste

2 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 12:00am On May 25, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:

Horse Sh1t.

Only the so-called fanatics are true adherents to islam. moderate muslims are lazy sissy wimps who can't be bothered going through the confusing arabic d1ck scribble that mo' authored.

Islam is violent! Just pickup a koran and read and you will see all evidence to the contrary that Islam is a Religion of Peace.

and you know these because
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by kulgee001(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2013
tdade: If they did, we would see it on the news. All the Imams do after attacks like this is come out and dissociate themselves from the terrorist. You make it sound like there's a hidden agenda against Islam.

Oh really. I thought that was already clear for everyone to see.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by GenButtNaked: 12:01am On May 25, 2013
deols:

And every Muslim has to continually take responsibility for someone else's action?

How many times have you carried placards denouncing the criminal activities of Nigerians?

Their beheading was carried out on behalf of Muslims.
If their actions were motivated to call a response against what the perceived as injustice to Muslims then it is more than appropriate that Muslims should denounce their actions as unholy.
But that won't happen. You know why? Because islam is all about violence.

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 12:02am On May 25, 2013
deols:
Actually religious extremists will find even Saudi hard to live in. Many of you can not differrentiate the normal Muslim from an extremist.

The land belongs to all however.An extremist knows that more than anyone else .

You mean the same Saudi Arabia that created Salafism/Wahabism and funds that radical ideology, yes? Get real.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by GenButtNaked: 12:02am On May 25, 2013
deols:

and you know these because
Because I have read your Koran, Suras and Hadiths.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Hoodrat(m): 12:03am On May 25, 2013
Stop promoting this Jewish media bullshit and find a better things to do with your life. The truth of the matter is right here for all to see. https://www.nairaland.com/1301365/woolwich-false-flag-inside-job#15882126

Make una STOP this Nonsense
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by kulgee001(m): 12:04am On May 25, 2013
mekaboy: My fear is that the next world war might be the WORLD against ISLAM.

A David vs. Goliath style battle.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 12:04am On May 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:
What good could possibly come out of being converted by a convict moslem preacher? The mere fact that they're preaching from prison presupposes that they'd have an intense hatred for western society and their gov'ts; and that hatred is bound to be transferred to their young and impressionable converts.....converts who may likely feel abandoned and isolated from society, and would see 'islam' as the new family that offers them that sense of belonging and 'family' that they lacked on the outside.

Islam has a lot to offer them.Even at inception, Islam was attractive to the people at the lowest social strata. It preaches brotherhood and fills voids.

They get a sense of belonging which maybe lacking from elsewhere.

Islam is just what a downtrodden needs to get up and the humbling pie for the mighty

3 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 12:04am On May 25, 2013
If some of these people prefer Islam. I think this is where Nation of Islam has to come in and educate them about the Islam for black people. And make them useful to the black community, rather than slaves to Arabs.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by LagosShia: 12:06am On May 25, 2013
for God's sake when would ignorant and poverty stricken Nigerians,privileged to browse the net,stop associating the evil ideology WAHHABISM aka SALAFISM preaches with Islam?

the prime minister of the UK is busy calling for the ouster of Assad in Syria and supporting the Nusra Front (an alqaeda affiliate in Syria similar to boko haram in Nigeria) to overthrow the Syrian regime.moreover these Wahhabi/Salafist groups backed by Saudi Arabia and Qatar (allies of western countries) are wrecking havoc in Syria.the west is happy that Syria is burning and the Wahhabi/salafist groups are aggravating Sunni-Shia sectarianism among Muslims.just a few day ago,the british are on the lead for the EU to brand Hezbollah's military wing as a "terrorist organization" because Hezbollah (the Shia Islamic Resistance Movement that fought Israeli occupation of Lebanese soil) is fighting with Assad in Syria against the western backed terrorists fighting Assad.

the west previously created bin laden to fight the soviet union.the west see the Wahhabi/salafist ideology as a tool to kill two birds with one stone,or perhaps three birds with one stone.the Wahhabi/salafist ideology promotes western interests,causes sectarian strife among Muslims through takfirism,and also gives Islam in general a bad image that have nothing to do with Islam itself.in Pakistan alone,tens of thousands of Shia Muslims have been massacred by Saudi funded Wahhabi/salafist terrorist groups.similar to those groups killing Shia Muslims in Pakistan and Iraq is boko haram in Nigeria killing Christians through takfirism.the west forgets that after these bloodthirst Wahhabi/salafist beasts are done doing the dirty work for the west,they will turn around to inflict pain on innocent people,even westerners in western countries.but its a win-win game for the west as it also favors their propaganda against all Muslims,regardless if they support or oppose the Wahhabi/salafist ideology of death.

when would Nigerians stop to put all muslims in one basket? badmouthing islam because you're a Christian with a goal of evangelization is an evil scheme anyone who truly believes God exists should be ashamed of.

"Hilary Clinton Confesses :"We Funded The Wahhabis We Are Fighting Today"
https://www.nairaland.com/863512/hilary-clinton-confesses-funded-wahhabis

today,the USA is backing them again in Syria.about a week ago one of the terrorists was pictured eating the severed heart of a dead Syrian soldier.its on youtube people.these are the savages,cannibals and bloodthirsty beasts the US,turkey and the Wahhabi kingdoms of Saudi Arabia and Qatar are supporting to destroy Syria for the interests of Israel.

3 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 12:06am On May 25, 2013
deols:
Islam has a lot to offer them.Even at inception, Islam was attractive to the people at the lowest social strata. It preaches brotherhood and fills voids.

They get a sense of belonging which maybe lacking from elsewhere.

save the unfortunate terrorist activities, Islam is just what a downtrodden needs to get up and the humbling pie for the mighty

There's no love lost between blacks and Arabs...and "brotherhood" between the two groups is a pipe dream.

Arabs need to leave us alone and take their ideology back to MENA.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by drlizzy(f): 12:07am On May 25, 2013
Mintayo: I don't just know the kind of lies somebody will tell somebody that will make somebody to shred/hack somebody to pieces!
It is called Brainwashing!
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by kulgee001(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:

Really? How come you missed the other numerous things in it? You must have been reading them upside down.

Pick one and go through again, but please we don't want another Micheal Adebolajo. Do it with a clean mind.

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 12:08am On May 25, 2013
shymexx: If some of these people prefer Islam. I think this is where Nation of Islam has to come in and educate them about the Islam for black people. And make them useful to the black community, rather than slaves to Arabs.

Don't even bring your baseless theories again.

very ridiculous! angry cry

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 12:11am On May 25, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:

Their beheading was carried out on behalf of Muslims.
If their actions were motivated to call a response against what the perceived as injustice to Muslims then it is more than appropriate that Muslims should denounce their actions as unholy.
But that won't happen. You know why? Because islam is all about violence.

We have denounced. and what do we get in return? a bigger request.

enough is enough.

Let each person bear their fathers'names.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by tdade(m): 12:11am On May 25, 2013
kulgee001:

Oh really. I thought that was already clear for everyone to see.
The only thin clear for everyone to see is the fact that Islam is becoming a menace to the society. How can you say there is an agenda against Islam when we have islamists committing these atrocities in the name of Islam? Stop being deluded man. If truly it is a religion of peace, then i have nothing against the religion. its the people who practice it who seem to have a twisted understanding of it.

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 12:12am On May 25, 2013
deols:
Don't even bring your baseless theories again.

very ridiculous! angry cry

What are you on about? undecided

Nation of Islam was created for black people and their doctrine is different from the Arab's Islam.

So any black person that prefers Islam needs to gravitate towards that, and leave the Arabs alone.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 12:12am On May 25, 2013
shymexx:

You mean the same Saudi Arabia that created Salafism/Wahabism and funds that radical ideology, yes? Get real.

Maybe your Saudi is different from mine.

Osama was Saudi you know? why didn't they allow him stay. why did he have to flee?
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by deols(f): 12:14am On May 25, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:

You read but didn't understand.

Do you know what they say of half education? It is dangerous! It is exactly what creates the likes of Adebolajo Michael.

1 Like

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by GenButtNaked: 12:15am On May 25, 2013
kulgee001:

Really? How come you missed the other numerous things in it? You must have been reading them upside down.

Pick one and go through again, but please we don't want another Micheal Adebolajo. Do it with a clean mind.

The koran is a badly plagiarized book of Judaism Christian and ancient arab polytheist religions.
The Koran is filled with so much hate and violence against non-believers (to which you refer to as infidels) especially towards Jews and Christians.

I will rather use it to wipe my pit-bull's sh1t of the pavement than touch that satanic scripture again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Macron Fires Bodyguard For Beating Protester / Niger Coup: Russia Opposes Military Action, Won’t Deploy Troops – Ambassador / Anti-Lockdown Riots Erupt In Belgium As Protests Sweep Across Europe (Pix, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.