Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 AM

How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist (32809 Views)

Michael Adebolajo And Michael Adebowale Guilty Of Lee Rigby Murder / Woolwich Murderer Michael Adebolajo Attacked & Injured In Prison / Younger Brother Of Michael Adebolajo 'was Paid Thousands To Spy In Middle East' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

i know everything happening in my country...... high profile criminals like michael adebolajo cannot be in gen-pop.
ok u have never been in jail in the UK but u knw everything that goes on inside...everyone else who has actually been there and has been raped is a liar right lipsrsealed undecided okay...
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 9:13pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: ok u have never been in jail in the UK but u knw everything that goes on inside...everyone else who has actually been there and has been raped is a liar right lipsrsealed undecided okay...

there are thousands of UK prison shows on TV. their routine, their association period, their work schedule, etc are the for all to see. you are confusing UK with USA where sodömy is the order of the day.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

there are thousands of UK prison shows on TV. their routine, their association period, their work schedule, etc are the for all to see. you are confusing UK with USA where sodömy is the order of the day.
more liars?
http://www.malesurvivorstrust.org.uk/prisons.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/may/02/male-rape-prison-jail-howard-league
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 9:25pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: more liars?
http://www.malesurvivorstrust.org.uk/prisons.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/may/02/male-rape-prison-jail-howard-league

more liars, my friend!
i can authoritatively tell you no one has been ever charged for prison räpe in the UK. there have been whispers of allegations here n there but after it's investigated, nothing tangible was found.

every prison in the UK have about 2000 CCTVs. it's not just possible for räpe to happen. prisoners often lie to get compensation from the penal system but google is there for you to check. no one has ever been caught, charged or convicted for this offence in the UK.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

more liars, my friend!
i can authoritatively tell you no one has been ever charged for prison räpe in the UK. there have been whispers of allegations here n there but after it's investigated, nothing tangible was found.

every prison in the UK have about 2000 CCTVs. it's not just possible for räpe to happen. prisoners often lie to get compensation from the penal system but google is there for you to check. no one has ever been caught, charged or convicted for this offence in the UK.
but it was said the reason for that was because the crimes are not reported or taken seriously even if they are reported. Do they have CCTV in all the bathrooms too?
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 9:32pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: but it was said the reason for that was because the crimes are not reported or taken seriously even if they are reported. Do they have CCTV in all the bathrooms too?

why won't it be reported? is that even possible? scores of human rights groups visit the prisons everyday to check on the welfare of the prisoners - the bathrooms are on the same landing as the cells and they are manned by COs - if any sort of anäl sex happens in prison, it's consensual, not violent!
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

why won't it be reported? is that even possible? scores of human rights groups visit the prisons everyday to check on the welfare of the prisoners - the bathrooms are on the same landing as the cells and they are manned by COs - if any sort of anäl sex happens in prison, it's consensual, not violent!
u think it's easy for a man to open up that another man made him bend over? The few men who were brave enough to open up about it, are u not ridiculing them right now?
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 9:41pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: u think it's easy for a man to open up that another man made him bend over? The few men who were brave enough to open up about it, are u not ridiculing them right now?

people report it outside the prison walls, why won't they report it inside prison when the compensation can fetch them as much as £40,000? why is it reported in the USA or american male prisoners are not humans?

victims of violence in prison get rich!!!!
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

people report it outside the prison walls, why won't they report it inside prison when the compensation can fetch them as much as £40,000? why is it reported in the USA or american male prisoners are not humans?

victims of violence in prison get rich!!!!
I assume u have been to present in court for every rape case? Or u seem to keep record of all the charges and the case reports smiley
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 9:49pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I assume u have been to present in court for every rape case? Or u seem to keep record of all the charges and the case reports smiley

like i said, i pay attention to the things happening in my country. about 140,000 prison räpe incidents occur in the USA every year, why is it convenient for the men there to report it and it's a shame to do so here?

the answer is - prison räpe is non-existent in the UK!
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

like i said, i pay attention to the things happening in my country. about 140,000 prison räpe incidents occur in the USA every year, why is it convenient for the men there to report it and it's a shame to do so here?

the answer is - prison räpe is non-existent in the UK!
ok so I guess the pple who had the courage to speak up about it r simply looking for attention by admitting to the whole world that another man made them bend over
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 9:59pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: ok so I guess the pple who had the courage to speak up about it r simply looking for attention by admitting to the whole world that another man made them bend over

they want compensation! there's an incentive attached to being a victim of a violent crime in the UK. the money can be quite gargantuan. people who get locked up wrongly get about £200 for every night spent in prison, let alone victims of crime.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

they want compensation! there's an incentive attached to being a victim of a violent crime in the UK. the money can be quite gargantuan. people who get locked up wrongly get about £200 for every night spent in prison, let alone victims of crime.
so every story is fake because u assume that everyone wants compensation undecided
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 10:08pm On May 25, 2013
mondi_cheeks: so every story is fake because u assume that everyone wants compensation undecided

every story is fake because there's no conviction! prison rapë in the UK has 0% stats. if you can find anyone that has been convicted in the UK, let us know......
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 25, 2013
And in France another African Muslim ( North African) slashed the throat of a French soldier today in broad daylight
Thankfully the soldier survived

'The attack happened just after 6pm,’ said a police source. 'The soldier was stabbed repeatedly, most notably in the throat.
'The attacker ran away and the military are still looking for him, supported by the police. He is around 30 years old and of Arab appearance.

Read more
https://www.nairaland.com/1302793/french-soldier-survives-throat-slashing

Religion of peace
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by afrikanns: 11:13pm On May 25, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:
grin grin grin
i pity u,because as long as that post still on there,the more cause and anger of the creator will be sprinkled on u like a powder. ISLAM preaches peace,but people misunderstood the concept behind it. Remove that post asap so thst the anger will stop sprinkle on u. FACT
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 25, 2013
afrikanns:
i pity u,because as long as that post still on there,the more cause and anger of the creator will be sprinkled on u like a powder. ISLAM preaches peace,but people misunderstood the concept behind it. Remove that post asap so thst the anger will stop sprinkle on u. FACT

Hmm
Na scare tactics u carry come?
The general is already butt nakid ,
If you curse am,na to wear cloth grin grin
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Rooneyboy(m): 11:53pm On May 25, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by samkoro: 12:13am On May 26, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:
Some random facts concerning the East African slave trade across the Indian Ocean:

-The East African slave trade was much more ancient than the Western Atlantic slave trade, preceding it in time by over a thousand years.

-The major players in the slave trade across the Indian Ocean were the Swahili, people of mixed Arab-Bantu cultural origin, and the Arabs, especially those from Oman and Saudi Arabia.

-The initial people who were enslaved were mostly black males from various animist tribes within the interior of East Africa. These were known as Zanj.

-The Zanj were forced to dig for salt in southern Iraq, before they revolted against Baghdad in the late ninth century. Afterwards, the Abbasid caliphate placed a moratorium on the importation of black male slaves from East Africa.

-From the ninth century onwards, black female slaves, employed in household drudgery and sometimes as sex slaves in Arab harems, as well as young boys, who were handed over to Ethiopian Orthodox priests to be castrated as eunuchs, became the chief export from the East African coast.

-As opposed to the Western Atlantic slave trade, the Indian Ocean slave trade was about the capture and sale of young women and castrated boys to Arab harems.

-Kilwa, Pemba, Zanzibar, and Oman became the major centres of the East African slave trade.

-More slaves died in the shipment across the Indian Ocean, than across the Atlantic.

-The slaves who were captured in the interior of sub-Saharan Africa were marched to the coast in chains by Swahili middlemen armed with swords and muskets; they were then sold to the Omani Arabs of Zanzibar, who eventually absorbed all of the East African coast into their empire.

-Most of the slaves captured in East Africa were shipped to Oman from Zanzibar and dispersed all across the Arab world.

-East African slaves, being mostly women and children, were employed as sex objects in harems and in tasks involving household drudgery, as opposed to those slaves who were sold to Europeans, who were employed in large-scale agricultural/industrial capitalist operations.

-Belief in Islam, sometimes the simple recitation of the Islamic shahadah itself ("La illaha illallah, mahammadur rasul allah..." etc), was the only prerequisite for automatic manumission.

-Some of the most well-known Swahili of the nineteenth century were slave traders, such as the personal friend of Dr. David Livingstone, Abdul-Hamid ibn Muhammed or Tippu Tip.

-Slavery in East Africa was abolished in the late nineteenth century when the British sent a number of warships to the Zanzibari coast.

Black men do not read,thus they know not their history.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by mesther96(f): 1:00am On May 26, 2013
tnx 2 God n luck 4 dz great opportunity---born n bred in a christian family....no extreme practices n what av u.....(singing) im 4eva greatful 2 u,im 4eva greatful 4 dt cross...im 4eva greatful 2 u...dt u cme 2 seek n save d word(2ce)
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by COOLDUN: 1:10am On May 26, 2013
babyosisi: Listen to a lecturer in FUTA who is also the chief Imam defend Boko Haram and extremism with another Yoruba Mallam in an interview
Scary times are ahead.
Radicalization is happening in Nigerian SW as we speak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72P8935UyXA

Could you see why Nigeria will never have peace, did you see how those two islamic wolves were attacking the lonely youruba ill prepared barrister? without allowing him to say a word. This kind of lawyer is not supposed to represent the people in this kind of debate/forum.

Who on earth will believe that religious's law supersedes the country's laws? what a false country called Nigeria. Many will be saying that yoruba muslims are moderates. Three yorubas debating with noisy and baseless facts. Killing for their allah is good and bad. Chei Nigeria. Lord Lugard and your mistress, i pray that both of you should continue to rot in HELL FIRE.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Rexyl(m): 6:20am On May 26, 2013
It is now everybody‘s concern to fathom what really is disturbing and threatening global peace. Unnecessary provocation or reckless killing of fellow human being everywhere in the name of a religion. Why and to whose interest or pleasure? To God or the devil people do this? God showed His true picture from the messages of the cross as the loving Father that wants people to put His love above every other things and love others as themselves. The message of the cross says thou shall not kill, and thou shall not harbour grudges against your brother if truly you serve God and you are conscious of everlasting life. But it is a pity that thru manipulation of devil and Satanic influence people have turned love of God down. I wonder why some people could be supporting killing of fellow human beings for no just cause. Why some people could be working for chaos instead of peace in the name of God? An argument such as one above shows that danger lurks somewhere and it can erupt any time.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by Nobody: 11:14am On May 26, 2013
coogar:

no capital punishment in the UK, he would get a life sentence in the cosiest jail in britain - single cell, rugged, coloured TV, cable satellite, 3 square meals, etc.
plus a chance to preach more hate
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by GenButtNaked: 2:21pm On May 26, 2013
afrikanns:
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by manibuds(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2013
i ran thru most posts and nobody tried to explain these killings in terms of how money will flow as a result of what is happening.if we cant explain these events from an economic perspective,then we dont know jack!somebody or a clique is playing chess with these killings and the end game is wealth creation.for example if 2m pilgrims visit mecca every year and spend an average of $1000 on upkeep during their stay,then USD2billion is guaranteed every year,if the major suppliers of bottle water make about $200m from this total,will it not be naive to assume that they wont covertly sponsor fanaticism?it is a well known fact that saudi sponsor a lot of "peaceful" islamization programs.dubai needs millions of visitors every year to make their heavy investments in infrastucture worthwhile.when the world needs cheap labor or natural resources they turn to africa,if africans face progrom in europe and n.america,where else would they go?the new arabian cities of course(just theory.the more we ignore the economic angle the more these actions seem like fanaticism
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 3:01pm On May 26, 2013
babyosisi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72P8935UyXA

this is the funniest thing i have ever seen on TV. 3 semi-illiterates trying to outshout each other and a clueless moderator amongst them. the lawyer is a disgrace to legal practice in nigeria. if people's religion supersedes the nigerian constitution then why is there a constitution in the first place. shouldn't the churches/mosques be electing the president/governors? why ain't i in nigeria to destroy that stüpid mallam and his accomplice? abeg, which TV channel airs this program and what time of the week does it come up?
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by grandstar(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2013
the french reportedly call london londonistan! there might be some truthfulness in the allegation that britain may be too soft on islamic fanatism. is the hardline approach wise? could easily backfire.
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by AbuMikey(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2013
Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by GenButtNaked: 6:51pm On May 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by coogar: 7:02pm On May 26, 2013
grandstar: the french reportedly call london londonistan! there might be some truthfulness in the allegation that britain may be too soft on islamic fanatism. is the hardline approach wise? could easily backfire.

the british government are idiöts......
i gave up on them when they spent milions of pounds of taxpayers' money to rebuild prison toilets so that islamic inmates do not have to use them while facing mecca. islam prohibits muslims from facing or turning their backs on the kiblah(the direction of prayer) when they visit the lavatory.

after pressure from islamic prisoners who claimed they had to sit sideways on prison toilets, the home office agreed to turn the existing toilets 90 degrees - you then ask yourself since when do prisoners dictate to the government how prison toilets should be built? prisons are essentially holiday camps in the UK. the government should quit the political correctness bullshyte and go hard!

2 Likes

Re: How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist by proo212(m): 7:05pm On May 26, 2013
Madam Osisi, double gbosa for this post. Until i saw your reply, i was going to reply him to post the verse in context. There are some like you who know whats up and speak out. wink

babyosisi:

I hate it when you folks misquote your own Koran to deceive onlookers
Before throwing out a challenge,why don't you start from a place of sincerity by quoting a verse that exists
The above distortion and the verse about no compulsoon in religion are perhaps the most quoted verses by Muslim apologists in America,sadly the listeners are too lazy to go check it out for themselves in it's entirety.
That verse above does not exist in any Koran rather it is a distorted paraphrase meant for deception such that the president of the USA has used it to support the notion that Islam is harmless by saying that Islam teaches Muslims that whoever kills a soul it is as if he has killed a whole mankind.
Let me help us here.

Here is that full text in the Koran

We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be in retaliation for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew all mankind: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity.
Qur'an 5:32

As you can see above,Allah was not addressing Muslims here
He was addressing the children of Israel i.e. the Jews
You folks should concentrate more on the next verse after that where he addressed Muslims expressly,which is where killers like adebolajo get their use from
Here it is

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Qur'an 5:33-34

Thank you
I hope the readers are being educated
And for any Muslims shocked about this truth,Jesus is the way the truth and the life and his arms are open wide

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us / ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Jesse Griesel Sparks Outrage Running For Julius Malema's Party In SA (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.