Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now (2314 Views)

Shell Recruiting Graduate Trainees- Apply / Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 / Cadbury Nigeria Plc Recruiting For Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by geniuspro: 4:44am On May 24, 2013
Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance;

Hence,Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting for the Geek Graduate Internship Contest.

Graduate Trainees - Geek Force

Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Geek Force

Job Summary
The Geek Graduate Internship contest at etisalat will provide an unforgettable opportunity to join the 0809ja team!

Principal Functions
Are you innovative, customer centric, and techy? Think you have what it takes to work at the coolest, most innovative telecommunications company in Nigeria?

You can now apply and join the contest to be the next etisalat Geek.

During the contest you will define, develop and design various plans that will impact on etisalat’s business objectives. You will reinforce the brand pillars and strengths.

You will be required to strategize on the positioning of programs to address the needs of the target market of Smartphone users as well as the youth segment.

You will define, develop and design various plans that will impact on etisalat’s business objectives.

You will reinforce the brand pillars and strengths.
You will collaborate with Devices team and Original Equipment Manufacturers (eg. Samsung, blackberry etc.)

After the contest, as a Geek Trainee, you will deliver service and support to customers by assisting with the activation and configuration of mobile devices and applications; you will educate customers through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up devices or resolve issues.

Educational Requirements
Minimum of a first degree required; preferably in IT, Engineering, Computer science or any other relevant discipline requiring a critical thought process/behavior

Entry Requirements
Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to provide excellent customer service

Ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:

Familiarity and proficiency with Web 2.0 social networking and collaboration technologies, including the internet, social media sites, discussion boards, blogs, video sharing etc
Familiarity with information technology and mobile technology especially, but not limited to:

Experience and knowledge of the major telephone brands and models prolific in the Nigerian market

Knowledge and experience of mobile tablets and laptops within the market

A comfortable knowledge of the various mobile operating systems (OS)

A healthy interest in device roadmaps

Preference for working in teams within a fast paced environment but must also be self motivated

An ability to use your initiative and think outside the box

Ability to create and curate engaging social media content

Good trouble shooting skills, desire to go above and beyond to solve queries and issues

Ability and desire to take ownership of tasks and/or customer issues, seeing them through to completion

A natural sense of pride taken in all elements of your work and appearance

Relevant post-NYSC work experience is a plus

Job Type: Full time

Min Qualification:BA/BSc/HND

Job Field:Graduate Jobs/Internships

Method of Application

Interested and qualified candidates should visit http://careers.etisalat.com.ng/

Attach one Passport Photo (Attachment should not exceed 500MB)

Attach a copy of NYSC certificate (Attachment should not exceed 500MB)

Include a link to a 1-3min video that displays the “Geek-in-you” (How Geeky you are? We would like you to show us.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Paulscholari(m): 6:04am On May 24, 2013
Video of how geeky?Na wa o..
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Phonon: 8:24am On May 24, 2013
I like all these companies.They are so detailed when it comes to describing qualities they want in potential candidates and the accompanying responsibilities but when it is time to pay the employee for a job well done,peanuts would be distributed.NO BE ONLY GEEK, NA FREAK. sad angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Nobody: 9:28am On May 24, 2013
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Nobody: 9:31am On May 24, 2013
Etisalat, for your own interest, you would not like to have a geek working for you. We work alone or as consultants... Not Interested!

1 Like

Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Hackomania(m): 10:18am On May 30, 2013
Paulscholari: Video of how geeky?Na wa o..
I wonder how geeky one could get, but there's a blogpost online that compiles a few videos of some applicants (some are outright funny sha)
http://echo.com.ng/2013/nigerian-geeks-show-the-stuff-they-are-made-of-for-the-etisalat-geekforce-internship-application/
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by engrhorla(m): 2:19pm On May 30, 2013
Pls wot is d video like? I want 2 apply. Shld d video be made by me or i can get a 'geeky' video on d net
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Princenady(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2013
Hackomania:
I wonder how geeky one could get, but there's a blogpost online that compiles a few videos of some applicants (some are outright funny sha)
http://echo.com.ng/2013/nigerian-geeks-show-the-stuff-they-are-made-of-for-the-etisalat-geekforce-internship-application/
Dis must b OttOman from futo EEE, correct me if am wrong plz!
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Hackomania(m): 11:51am On May 31, 2013
Princenady:
Dis must b OttOman from futo EEE, correct me if am wrong plz!
Yes boss. Retired General of Otto soaking and concoction. Me Myself and I.
K.C.Emenike; Hackomania;
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by topmosttee: 1:07pm On May 31, 2013
please people how did you solve this maths for the etisalat geek force. 72/8= 12/?
i got 4/3 but it did not submit and also tried 1.33. but still the same.
please i need urgent answer.
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by SaintChukz(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2013
topmosttee: please people how did you solve this maths for the etisalat geek force. 72/8= 12/?
@ topmosttee, dont scale up or round up the decimal fractions, just state it in full @ least to four/five decimal places. But then that's not my own ish, each time i finish applying on all the sections, on clicking submit what i get is an error page. i dont know why this is so..?
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by topmosttee: 3:31pm On May 31, 2013
Saint Chukz: @ topmosttee, dont scale up or round up the decimal fractions, just state it in full @ least to four/five decimal places. But then that's not my own ish, each time i finish applying on all the sections, on clicking submit what i get is an error page. i dont know why this is so..?

bros thank you, but it is still same thing oo. The thing still refuse to submit. please help, the application is closing today.
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by SaintChukz(m): 5:08pm On May 31, 2013
topmosttee:

bros thank you, but it is still same thing oo. The thing still refuse to submit. please help, the application is closing today.
Bro., i believe there is something you ain't doing right, anyway i already submitted mine, check the figures again, it wasn't 72 i saw there rather i saw 3.72 as the figure stated, i think this should help and ensure you round up your answer this time to the nearest whole number.
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by topmosttee: 8:22pm On May 31, 2013
Saint Chukz: Bro., i believe there is something you ain't doing right, anyway i already submitted mine, check the figures again, it wasn't 72 i saw there rather i saw 3.72 as the figure stated, i think this should help and ensure you round up your answer this time to the nearest whole number.

please wats ur own answer, if its the same question, y not provide me with the answer, so that i can input and submit, cos its frustrating here. Thanx bro.
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Hackomania(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2013
topmosttee: please people how did you solve this maths for the etisalat geek force. 72/8= 12/?
This is math, right? I believe 72/8 = 12/1.333333
I didn't apply, but I believe this might have worked, depending on the number of decimal places required

Regards
H
Re: Are You A Geek? Etisalat Recruits Geek Trainees!!! Apply Now by Obinoscopy(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Did anyone make it to the last 10?

(1) (Reply)

Oil Companies Recruitment / Federal Judicial Council Recruitment? / Dufil Prima Foods Interview!(indomie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.