Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,930 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:43 AM

What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke (1761 Views)

A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? / Hw My Mechanic Said I Shld B Checking My ATF Level / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Lordscrown(m): 5:08am On May 24, 2013
Please ɪ̣̝̇ need car gurus advice on a honda accord buldog..its emitting smoke,is it that D̶̲̥̅̊ engine is completely badt and need replacement or can it be ringged?
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Nobody: 6:23am On May 24, 2013
I assume you have a mechanic... he needs to examine the extent of damage physically NOT ONLINE! But ringing the engine is not impossible.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Lordscrown(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2013
Thanks a lot for the response,do U̶̲̥̅̊ mean ɪ̣̝̇ shld ring it or buy a new engine
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Ikenna351(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2013
What colour of smoke is it emitting?

Ikenna.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Lordscrown(m): 2:25pm On May 27, 2013
Black ɪ̣̝̇ think...
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Ikenna351(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2013
Lordscrown: Black ɪ̣̝̇ think...

If the colour is black, then it has nothing to do with your engine. Its an injection issue. Even if you swap in 5 engines, the problem maynot go away, since the faulty injection component maynot be on the engine.

A lot of injection components would give you black smoke symptom when faulty: o2 sensor, CTS, AFM/MAF, FPR, fuel pump, clogged/damaged fuel lines, clogged injectors, vacuum leak, etc. Find a place and scan the car, to give you a quick diagnosis.

Its only when the smoke colour is blue that you should be worried. Because, blue smoke means your engine is burning oil. Solution is either you rebuild your engine or you replace it. But for a black smoke, you simply find the faulty component causing the excessive fueling, replace it and the smoke will be gone. Black smoke means excessive fueling or engine flooding, not a sign of engine weakness.

Note that continous use of car for a long tome with black smoke symptom will kill your engine ( the excess unburnt fuel will gradually wash down your cylinders, enter the crankcase, dilute the engine oil and damge the engine). The sooner you fix it, the better for your engine.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Lordscrown(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2013
Oh that was quit educative.thanks a lot,ɪ̣̝̇ do really appreciate....so that means М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ engine is okay.N̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ need to change or ring it.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 27, 2013
Lordscrown: Oh that was quit educative.thanks a lot,ɪ̣̝̇ do really appreciate....so that means М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ engine is okay.N̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ need to change or ring it.
PROVIDED YOU FOLLOW HIS ADVICE ON TIME.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by ping2ping: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2013
@Ikenna
My Toyota Carina E 1996 emits sky blue smoke. My mechanic says the engine is the problem and suggested i replace the engine rather than change the rings.

I also noticed that the oil level has been going down. Since i have been using the car, i have not had cause to top oil before servicing. Infact when i service, the oil level will be almost same level as at the last servicing.

Secondly, i have noticed that i have to top water in the radiator more frequently than i sue to. Before, i top water (less than a glass) once a week and atimes i don't even check water in the radiator for more than a week because i will be sure water will be there.

Furthermore, the mechanic also recommended changing my radiator to "double cell" since the one on the car now is "single cell" though he said it is only advisable and NOT compulsory.

Please i need your advise before these mechanics will rip me off.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Ikenna351(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
ping2ping: @Ikenna
My Toyota Carina E 1996 emits sky blue smoke. My mechanic says the engine is the problem and suggested i replace the engine rather than change the rings.

I also noticed that the oil level has been going down. Since i have been using the car, i have not had cause to top oil before servicing. Infact when i service, the oil level will be almost same level as at the last servicing.

Secondly, i have noticed that i have to top water in the radiator more frequently than i sue to. Before, i top water (less than a glass) once a week and atimes i don't even check water in the radiator for more than a week because i will be sure water will be there.

Furthermore, the mechanic also recommended changing my radiator to "double cell" since the one on the car now is "single cell" though he said it is only advisable and NOT compulsory.

Please i need your advise before these mechanics will rip me off.

Yes, your engine is burning oil. Solution is either to reuild or replace the engine. Rebuilding the engine is one thing, but using genuine parts for the rebuilt is another. If you cant get or vouch for the quality of parts to be used in rebuilding the engine, replacing the engine with a good used one (tokunbo) will be a better option. Your mechanic has a point here.

Note that rebuilding engine with genuine parts will cost more than tokunbo engine. You should have it at the back of your mind that an engine blowing blue smoke doesnt only need the rings to be replaced. Whatever caused your cylinders to wear out faster will surely affect the bottom end and cylinder head of your engine. Thats why i always adviced against running engine at very cold temperature (tampering of factory cooling system settings: Thermostat removal; running radiator fan constantly, etc). It doesnt matter even if you change your engine oil every 3 months with fully synthetic oil.

As for the cooling system shortage of coolant or water, that would depend if you are changing your engine or rebuilding it, because the issue may be fixed when your engine issue has been sorted out, unless its leaking elsewhere not on the engine.

As for the so called double cell radiator, dont listen to whoever adviced you to change your factory radiator. There is nothing wrong with your factory set up cooling system.

Ikenna.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by hereiam: 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Ikenna. I have exactly the same issues the above. I use a Honda bulldog, my engine emmit sky blue smoke when raised high. pls how long can it last that way until I get money to buy another tokunbo engine because I always experience oil shortage and another thing is what help can adding treatment to the engine oil do to the engine? thanks as I await your response.
Re: What Shld B Done To A Honda Accord Buldog That Xhaustically Emit Smoke by Ikenna351(m): 5:53am On Sep 11, 2014
hereiam: @Ikenna. I have exactly the same issues the above. I use a Honda bulldog, my engine emmit sky blue smoke when raised high. pls how long can it last that way until I get money to buy another tokunbo engine because I always experience oil shortage and another thing is what help can adding treatment to the engine oil do to the engine? thanks as I await your response.

Adding oil treatment to your engine oil will harm that engine. These oils have been treated already. Buy 20W-50 mineral oil (TOTAL, if possible), until you can rebuild or replace the engine. The oil will reduce the shortage since its thicker.

Ikenna

(1) (Reply)

My 1999 Camry ODO Not Working Well / Transmission Oil (pix) For 2009 Corolla. / See What I Did To My Car(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.