Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,800 members, 7,798,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Mugabe An African Leader - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe An African Leader (3209 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe An African Leader by chimdieber: 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2008
As far as am concerned, no body should disturb Robert Mugabe. He is a true african soldier,not like other leaders that are betrayals due to their incessant travelling to the
western nations, is not easy for a president to deny himself so many rights which he
MUGABE has down, please lets give him a chance to soft land,may be after BUSH has
gone out of power.
CHIDO
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by texazzpete(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2008
chimdieber:

As far as am concerned, no body should disturb Robert Mugabe. He is a true african soldier,not like other leaders that are betrayals due to their incessant travelling to the
western nations, is not easy for a president to deny himself so many rights which he
MUGABE has down, please lets give him a chance to soft land,may be after BUSH has
gone out of power.
CHIDO
When next you put a loaf of bread in your mouth, think of what Zimbabweans have to go through to bite into one of those loaves. Think of how, when you hand over N120 to buy a big loaf, your Zimbabwean counterparts pay 40 million dollars for the same thing.

But that's the issue, isn't it? Like most idealistic young fools, YOU DON'T REALLY STOP TO THINK OF OTHERS!
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by 4Him1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2008
this guy, something dey worry you. grin
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by grafikdon: 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2008
Isn't Mugabe that monkey that was caught on camera snoring without any care in the world, in the middle of a UN summit, together with other 'power-till-I-die' African 'rulers'? lipsrsealed
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by redsun(m): 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2008
It took over one month for the first george bush election victory to be announced,the untouchables.

What is the yardstick?
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Ibime(m): 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2008
grafikdon:

Isn't Mugabe that monkey that was caught on camera snoring without any care in the world, in the middle of a UN summit, together with other 'power-till-I-die' African 'rulers'? lipsrsealed

Why we no go sleep during UN meeting? Abeg, those meetings are very long and boring plus it's not like we are there dividing money or anything. grin
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by redsun(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2008
Beast of no nation,Fela Kuti about united nations,less than animals wearing suits and agbada,babariga.Bill clinton was sleeping in Martin Luther King Jnr memorial recently,nothing new.It is all about statement and human frailties sometimes.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by manmustwac(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2008
Mugabe is an African Dictator not am African Leader and you are working for Zanu PF. You are being paid to talk nonsense to try to promote his bad image.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by grafikdon: 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2008
manmustwac:

Mugabe is an African Dictator not am African Leader and you are working for Zanu PF. You are being paid to talk nonsense to try to promote his bad image.

grin Gbam!

Why am I even surprised? During the time of dimwit Abacha, many people declared they'd make sandwiches out of their balls if Abacha refused to rule Nigeria forever. It's high time we held people to their words.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by pahtahkee: 12:33am On Apr 27, 2008
African leader my foot. He is a total disgrace for the Zimbabweans.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by 4Him1(m): 2:59am On Apr 27, 2008
buy your coffee here . . . Z$200m only.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Okejazz(m): 5:14am On Apr 27, 2008
Mugabe thinks he's living in his world.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by chidichris(m): 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2008
it is normal to have abnormal people in our midst.
the author of this thread is excercising his freedom in a free forum so he is entitle to expose his foolishness.
some animals among us if they have their ways will do more than mugabe.
if after 28 or 29 years a living creature is asking for more time for mugabe, it is simple and easy for all of us to know which part of his body he is reasoning from.
fools like obj was about changing the constitution of nigeria to be in record as the man with third term aprt from his military days as a president and he fail to think we all want to be president too.
i am positive about the great God who showed nabukadinezze the way out, sadam was more than strong but he is now history. charles taylor, iyadima, obj, abacha and the long list happened in our time so sooner than we think mugabe will surely pay the price.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by beneli(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2008
I don't think we shout equate Mugabe with Obj.

Until Mugabe started his Land reforms-which has not favoured the 'white settlers'-he was considered a great leader. The West see in Mugabe somebody who is a threat to their hold in Southern Africa. You see if they allowed Zimbabwe to succeed, the Land reforms would probably sweep across all the Southern African countries that continue to hold the natives economically hostage in their own countries.

So, Zimbabwe is failing because the West wants Mugabe to fail.
It is they who have ruined Zimbabwe not Mugabe. His mistake is in holding on to power for so long, so he alone should not be blamed for the plight Zimbabwe is in.

The West is even more culpable than Mugabe for the impoverishment of the nation of Zimbabwe. And i think that while we talk about democracy and all that we also need to understand what this is really all about and not get carried away by what the Western properganda machine says.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by desgiezd(m): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2008
grafikdon:

Ibime:

Why we no go sleep during UN meeting? Abeg, those meetings are very long and boring plus it's not like we are there dividing money or anything. grin

WORD!!

MAINTAIN ABSOLUTE SILENCE: MEETING ON HOW TO MOVE AFRICA FORWARD IS IN PROGRESS, YOUR NOISE MAY DISTURB OUR LEADERS' THOUGHT PROCESSES

Re: Mugabe An African Leader by landis(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2008
beneli:

Until Mugabe started his Land reforms-which has not favoured the 'white settlers'-he was considered a great leader. The West see in Mugabe somebody who is a threat to their hold in Southern Africa. You see if they allowed Zimbabwe to succeed, the Land reforms would probably sweep across all the Southern African countries that continue to hold the natives economically hostage in their own countries.

It is they who have ruined Zimbabwe not Mugabe. His mistake is in holding on to power for so long, so he alone should not be blamed for the plight Zimbabwe is in.

The West is even more culpable than Mugabe for the impoverishment of the nation of Zimbabwe. And i think that while we talk about democracy and all that we also need to understand what this is really all about and not get carried away by what the Western properganda machine says.

well written.

same west is saying China not good for Africa but ask

' 500yrs of West in Africa, what do we have?'

'why cant they stop manufacturing all their goods in China to protest?'

Until Africans can learn to read between the lines, no way out!
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by texazzpete(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
Until someone can prove how the 'West' made a once-fertile country to starve or lack of food, stop talking about that already!

Did the West stop zimbabwe from importing fertilizer? Or tractors?
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2008
LMAO!!!! Interesting thing is the white -farmers from Zimbabwe are the one's providing you food in Nigeria today. Countries like Nigeria took those white farmers who were chased off from Zimbabwe and are now putting them to work for our interest and you claim the west is your problemLMAO!! I hope next time you try to reason this way, you at least look at the food in your hand or in the hands of your children or family, and think twice cause in this case, since it all worked in your interest, even though Zimbabweans are starving, you have become a part of THE WEST which you are so scared of.

beneli:

Re: Mugabe An African Leader by chimdieber: 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2008
All these people against Robert Mugabe if given opportunity will do the worst,they are
follow my words and dont follow my character,Zimbabwe as a nation is suffering
not because of Mugabe but what I term neo colonianism by the western nations.
why must they sanction zimbadwe because the govt revoked land from the whites.
Secondly one person said we are now employing the whites chased away by zimbabwe
in Nigeria,What have we achieved by that,a bag of rice is 10 t0 12 thousand naira in Nigeria now, what are their products,I need to know,let the west leave us africans
alone to manage ourself,what is ours is ours.
So to my loud mouth oponents u are intitled to ur own opinion.
Thanks
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2008
chimdieber:

All these people against Robert Mugabe if given opportunity will do the worst,they are
follow my words and don't follow my character,Zimbabwe as a nation is suffering
not because of Mugabe but what I term neo colonianism by the western nations.
why must they sanction zimbadwe because the govt revoked land from the whites.
Secondly one person said we are now employing the whites chased away by zimbabwe
in Nigeria,What have we achieved by that,a bag of rice is 10 t0 12 thousand naira in Nigeria now, what are their products,I need to know,let the west leave us africans
alone to manage ourself,what is ours is ours.
So to my loud mouth oponents u are intitled to your own opinion.
Thanks

We are now employing those farmers cause we allowed them to walk away from Zimbabwe so we can snag them for our own good. Considering that they have to deal with the same government issues which other Nigerians deal with, it is to take time before you and I start to see the full effect of having them in there. Infact, they are some of the reason why food is not as expensive as it is in places like Egypt and many other countries where there is a FOOD crisis as we speak. So, mr man, you are now the WEST. enjoy the new position you hold when next you think of the zimbabweans and how this global crisis is dealing with them with over 100,000%.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
Mugabe is a hero.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by AjanleKoko: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

LMAO!!!! Interesting thing is the white -farmers from Zimbabwe are the one's providing you food in Nigeria today.

That's very untrue. Get your facts right.
Grain (rice, wheat) is imported into Nigeria, while tubers (yams, cassava) are planted mostly in Benue and Nassarawa states. Livestock farming exists mostly in the Savannah areas, and there are hundreds of thousands of small and medium-scale farms all over the country, harvesting poultry, fish, and other small animals, grain, tubers, and vegetables.

The white farmers are only in Kwara, which is not even one of the food basket states. While they appear to be doing all right according to news stories, we know for a fact that the bulk of foodstuff moved into Lagos does not come from white-owned farms in Kwara. Your assertion that they are feeding 150+ million Nigerians is ridiculous. Please correct yourself.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Feb 18, 2011
AjanleKoko:

That's very untrue. Get your facts right.
Grain (rice, wheat) is imported into Nigeria, while tubers (yams, cassava) are planted mostly in Benue and Nassarawa states. Livestock farming exists mostly in the Savannah areas, and there are hundreds of thousands of small and medium-scale farms all over the country, harvesting poultry, fish, and other small animals, grain, tubers, and vegetables.

The white farmers are only in Kwara, which is not even one of the food basket states. While they appear to be doing all right according to news stories, we know for a fact that the bulk of foodstuff moved into Lagos does not come from white-owned farms in Kwara. Your assertion that they are feeding 150+ million Nigerians is ridiculous. Please correct yourself.

Are you intentionally being dishonest or are you dense? Where exactly do you have me stating that a hand full of Zimbabwean farmers(probably 15 or more) Feed 150+ Million Nigerians? How in the world does saying that Zimbabwean farmers provide food in Nigeria get translated to what you have above? What the heck?  shocked  shocked shocked   

Please correct your own self. Before you rush to CORRECT, maybe best you ensure you have a good understanding of what is posted. . .  it never hurts the ask.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2011
@Kobojunkie,
The fact that we have white Zimbabwean farmers operating in Nigeria does not mean that they are good people or that we cannot criticize them, or that Mugabe is not an African hero.

The fact that they are in Nigeria is more a sign of the failings /misjudgements of the Nigerian government, and does not mean that Mugabe is not correct to send them packing.

Kobojunkie:

Are you intentionally being dishonest or are you dense? Where exactly do you have me stating that a hand full of Zimbabwean farmers(probably 15 or more) Feed 150+ Million Nigerians? How in the world does saying that Zimbabwean farmers provide food in Nigeria get translated to what you have above? What the heck?  shocked  shocked shocked   

Please correct your own self. Before you rush to CORRECT, maybe best you ensure you have a good understanding of what is posted. . .  it never hurts the ask.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by AjanleKoko: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Indeed. undecided
Is this not what you typed?

Kobojunkie:

LMAO!!!! Interesting thing is the white -farmers from Zimbabwe are the one's providing you food in Nigeria today. Countries like Nigeria took those white farmers who were chased off from Zimbabwe and are now putting them to work for our interest and you claim the west is your problemLMAO!! I hope next time you try to reason this way, you at least look at the food in your hand or in the hands of your children or family, and think twice cause in this case, since it all worked in your interest, even though Zimbabweans are starving, you have become a part of THE WEST which you are so scared of.

Look at you calling somebody dense.
I'd say you're not exactly that far from the bottom of that barrel yourself, judging from all the stuff I see you posting about on this forum.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

@Kobojunkie,
The fact that we have white Zimbabwean farmers operating in Nigeria does not mean that they are good people or that we cannot criticize them, or that Mugabe is not an African hero.

The fact that they are in Nigeria is more a sign of the failings /misjudgements of the Nigerian government, and does not mean that Mugabe is not correct to send them packing.

Good people? For crying out loud majority of those we have in Government are not good people . . . . they continue to steal and steal from us and we have endured it to date. These farmers came in, leased lands and are farming, contributing to food production in the country i.e private contribution. If any of them errs, we can prosecute them as needed.

I do not believe Mugabe was right . . . I do not believe Mugabe was right to send them packing and I for one am glad that Kwara seized on the opportunity. Mugabe maybe YOUR African Hero but to me, he is nothing more than another useless African Tyrant-- on the same level as Idi Amin.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2011
@Kobojunkie
So  in your view Mugabe should have left the white farmer with all the land .

Mugabe is a tyrant and the white farmers were not ttyrannicalor racist?

The white farmers did not exploit aAfricansworking on their land?

Kobo, would you have preferred it if the whites continued to rule Zimbabwe and not handed over to the black majority government?

Please specify what exactly you consider makes Mugabe a tyrant?
Kobojunkie:

Good people? For crying out loud majority of those we have in Government are not good people . . . . they continue to steal and steal from us and we have endured it to date. These farmers came in, leased lands and are farming, contributing to food production in the country i.e private contribution. If any of them errs, we can prosecute them as needed.

I do not believe Mugabe was right . . . I do not believe Mugabe was right to send them packing and I for one am glad that Kwara seized on the opportunity. Mugabe maybe YOUR African Hero but to me, he is nothing more than another useless African Tyrant-- on the same level as Idi Amin.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

@Kobojunkie
So  in your view Mugabe should have left the white farmer with all the land .
I think you are better off asking me what my view really is than suggesting you have it figured out there.

GenBuhari:

Mugabe is a tyrant and the white farmers were not ttyrannicalor racist?
The white farmers did not exploit aAfricansworking on their land?

Interresting that you put your question in the way you did there. I do have to ask  does

TYRANNY + TYRANNY = RIGHT?

GenBuhari:

Kobo, would you have preferred it if the whites continued to rule Zimbabwe and not handed over to the black majority government?

Please specify what exactly you consider makes Mugabe a tyrant?
They were not ruling Zimbabwe --- Mugabe has been president for almost 20 years before he decided to tag the white farmers for expulsion. We have OVER FLOGGED this issue of the right and wrong of what happened in Zimabwe . . .  I have picked my side, and I believe Mugabe is nothing but another african Tyrant, and the people(black and white alike) deserve better. What I saw ( I was down in South Africa in the early to mid 2000), and what I saw was nothing a real good government would do to own people. I hope and pray the people of zimbabwe watch what is happening in Egypt and rise up to chase him and his ilk. It is my desire for the people of Zimbabwe.

But I am still glad that Kwara took advantage of the situation for it's own benefit. And I do hope that Kwara people take advantage of the resources being released as a result.
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
What is your point?

grafikdon:

Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2011
more

Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Feb 19, 2011
GenBuhari:

What is your point?

I believe that was made clear in my last post
Re: Mugabe An African Leader by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 20, 2011
Kobojunkie said:

They were not ruling Zimbabwe --- Mugabe has been president for almost 20 years before he decided to tag the white farmers for expulsion.

So he should have waited another twenty years in your 'expert' opinion?

Why don't you go to Zimbabwe and get a former white landowner, fly him to your village in Nigeria and dash him YOUR land?

In fact if more of your white-loving ilk had done this - putting their land where their mouth is - the Zimbabwe crisis would have been completely averted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran 'offers $80million Bounty For Donald Trump's Head' After Death Of General / Meet Idi Amin Nephew Who Was Regarded As The Killing Machine Of Uganda / It Is Time For The Nigerian Army To React To The Killing Of Nigerians In SouthAf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.