Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? (14479 Views)

Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Package Now 30mb ? / Has Anyone Tried The Airtel Opera Mini And Whatsapp Bundles? / The Airtel Sim Breaking Thread(T.A.S.B.T) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Emmyk(m): 10:04am On May 24, 2013
It was hard to believe that Airtel would give you unlimited subscription for a whole month for WhatsApp just for ₦100.00.

I was like, good one! I'll share large files with friends using BB.

So, I subscribed for the package by dialing *948# two weeks ago, my ₦100 was deducted, but upto this present moment, they still charge me for Whatsapp oo!

I've called their customer care many times.

So, what's your experience with it?
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by whizboi: 10:44am On May 24, 2013
true i experienced the same thing, mine actually worked for a week , before i started noticing the charges, cant even get thru to their customer care and also sent a tweet no reply
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Olodapsing(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2013
same here too, i dont even bother to call 911, cuz i know dey wont help
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Emmyk(m): 11:09am On May 24, 2013
It's a scam then!
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by beto2gbaski: 1:10pm On May 27, 2013
I experienced same too. Mine only worked for about 2 weeks and then it stopped. I guess its a fair usage policy.
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Emmyk(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2013
Mine worked out yesterday...but it's not totally free. I shared a 57MB file and just 3naira was deducted...
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by 2kurupt(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2013
^^^You shared a file @ 3 naira doesn't mean it's working, it's supposed to be 100 bucks for a whole month. I believe they must have capped the data allowance without letting the users know.

Nigeria telecom companies usually don't state all terms and conditions, that's one area NCC should look into.
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 30, 2013
#100 my foot and for a month that's what i call extortion.Then a year it will be #1200.....Haba! Anyway what i did was use my UBA-Africard by VISA to pay for 5years service for just $3.71 on my mtn num and that's aprox #600, which is very far affordable. There are different services...1yr,3yrs & 5yrs at a high discount.What whatsapp will do is to Update there Database with your mobile number on the service plan you pay for with other details,so you wont be affected when you change from one smartphone to another. Mine is up and still running irrespective of the network here in Nigeria. I hope this will help.
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by 4peace(m): 4:29pm On May 30, 2013
[size=16pt]WhatsApp[/size]

At Airtel, we are commited to increasing communication avenues for our valued customers. One of such avenues is our WhatsApp package.

Airtel in an exclusive collaboration with WhatsApp, for the first time in Nigeria, brings you a unique package – which gives you a truly unlimited experience of communication on WhatsApp. All you need to do is simply dial *948# and enjoy unlimited access to WhatsApp for an entire month for just N100.

For those who aren’t familiar with the product, WhatsApp is a mobile application available for various platforms, through which you can send and receive SMS/MMS to/from other WhatsApp members via GPRS/EDGE for free.

Through this package, there will be no deduction from the customers’ data bundle or airtime balance.

WhatsApp is available for the following platforms:

Android

iOS

Blackberry

Nokia S40

Nokia Symbian

Windows Phone

How to Avail the WhatsApp data package?

All you need to do is simply dial *948# and enjoy unlimited access to WhatsApp exclusively on Airtel for an entire month for just N100

Customers will be subscribed as soon as the request is received

“Customers who take up any of the data plans from 200MB and above will also get to enjoy unlimited access to WhatsApp at no extra cost - now that’s true value for money!”
source:http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/nigeria/personal/whats_app/pg_whatsapp
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by princeelder: 5:08pm On May 30, 2013
Get your own BulkSMS Website Within 24 Hours N10,000 only and buy sms as low as 0.70kobo
With:
Free User Guide, Free ebook on how to get over 2000bulksms
Free 500 Units
Free GSM Number Database of your state
We will give you free coaching to make money from the sms industry
visit www.smswholesellers.com, 08140970926
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Emmyk(m): 5:56pm On May 30, 2013
@4Peace, quit lying!
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by 4peace(m): 6:00pm On May 30, 2013
Emmyk: @4Peace, quit lying!
about what sir
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by bishop4life(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2013
4peace:
about what sir

About everything,you need to see how i continued calling those idoits,mine didnt work even for once.
its c estortion to the highest order.
well i wish i saw this thread on time os i can stop disturbing myself trying to call them to resolve it.already i even stopped using their service.cos i havte it when you cheat me and i found out i cant do nothing.mtcheee,back to the former THEIF MTN
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by 4peace(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2013
bishop4life:

About everything,you need to see how i continued calling those idoits,mine didnt work even for once.
its c estortion to the highest order.
well i wish i saw this thread on time os i can stop disturbing myself trying to call them to resolve it.already i even stopped using their service.cos i havte it when you cheat me and i found out i cant do nothing.mtcheee,back to the former THEIF MTN

what i wrote was discover during same problem as yours,
call ccc so many times nothing happened and no time to go to their office cos of #100,that is why i decided to check their website and saw this and just like chei grin airtel don chop my money oo

But what i noticed was whenever i disconnect whatsapp notification will come like 0.09 deducted stuff but nothing alway happen to my credit

Here is the link http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/nigeria/personal/whats_app/pg_whatsapp
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Defaramade(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2013
Den be theif, dey don scam my broda 2
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by stryda(m): 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: WhatsApp data bundle
By subscribing to the WhatsApp data bundle, the customers’ agreement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or use of WhatsApp data bundle signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which supersedes all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms and conditions of any order.

Airtel reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add further terms and conditions or terminate the plan but will give prior notice to the customers.

WhatsApp data bundle may only be used for lawful purposes. Materials and/or transmission in violation of any local, state or Federal regulation(s) is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, or material protected by trade secret.

Some material on the Internet may be offensive, inappropriate or unsuitable. The customer agrees herein that Airtel accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any content and services offered by other individuals or companies on the Internet or for any other information whatsoever passing through the service.

The WhatsApp data bundle provided consists of services set out for Internet access, and paid for in accordance with the published price list. The Service is provided subject to these Terms and Conditions.

SMS and USSD modes of subscription for data bundles above 200MB is the only condition for access to the free WhatsApp bundle

The customer remains liable for any charges incurred up to the effective date of termination. No refund of any fees will be granted, and no unused services credited to customers account, will be redeemable or convertible to cash or any other form of credit.

If, in Airtel’s reasonable opinion, the customer breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, Airtel reserves the right to terminate an account or vary any service provided to the customer without notice.

Airtel will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or liability arising from any claims due to the customers use, misuse or attempted use of any facility or service covered by this agreement. Furthermore, the customer agrees herein to fully indemnify, and to keep indemnified, Airtel for any loss, damage, cost, expense or liability reasonably incurred or suffered by, or awarded against Airtel which arises from the customers use, misuse or attempted use of any facility or service covered by this agreement.

Any issue or need for clarification arising from these terms and conditions shall be referred to Airtel whose decision shall be final, absolute and conclusive.

Customers must dial *948# to enjoy the WhatsApp data bundle

On expiration of the subscription period, for further WhatsApp activity, customers will be billed based at PAYU rates of 5kobo per kilobyte.
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by kunstanz3: 7:45am On Jul 30, 2014
Like seriously, the AIRTEL #100 WHATSAPP BUNDLE subscription is real......am using it right now, dats wat i used in sendin dis msg here. i also use it on other apps including bbm. KUDOS
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by kunstanz3: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2014
AIRTEL #100 = If u wnt it to last for a month, do not download large files with it nor send larger files...It pays well and worths it.
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Emmyk(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
kunstanz3: AIRTEL #100 = If u wnt it to last for a month, do not download large files with it nor send larger files...It pays well and worths it.
Quite true.
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by hadedayor10(m): 8:04am On Jul 31, 2014
One thing you guys don't understand is the Airtel Whatapp bundle is cap @ 50mb for #100

If u finish yaaaaa 50mb it will stop working until you re-subscribe

To check yaaaaa balance dial

*885*0#

you will see the data remaining

#PEACE

1 Like

Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2014
hadedayor10: One thing you guys don't understand is the Airtel Whatapp bundle is cap @ 50mb for #100

If u finish yaaaaa 50mb it will stop working until you re-subscribe

To check yaaaaa balance dial

*885*0#

you will see the data remaining

#PEACE
that is because it allows bbm,Facebook, whatsapp and opera mini
Re: Is The Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Working Out For You? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
Fake!

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account. / Lg Optimus L3 E400 (how To Increase Your Internal Storage Or Rom Space To 1GB) / Searching Google For Movies Is A Long Process! Easiest Way To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.