Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him (6065 Views)

Photos : Pope Francis Bursts Into Laughter As He Meets Baby Dressed Like Him / God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 11:23am On May 24, 2013
WHEN GOD FORGIVES, HE FORGETS: BE LIKE HIM

I was holding a meeting for a certain minister in the '30s, and then later I preached for his brother too. Both of them were Full Gospel pastors. The older brother had a much better personality than the younger one, and he was just a better preacher in every respect. Actually, he could just preach circles around the younger brother. Even though the younger brother didn't have near the personality of the older brother, and he wasn't as good a preacher, he always pastored a good church and drove a new automobile even in Depression Days. In fact, he had a much larger church than the older brother. The older brother never was very successful in the ministry even though he had a better personality and was a better preacher. Someone said to me, "I've got it figured out why the older brother never was very successful pastoring. Before he got saved, he was always meaner than the
other brother. He was wicked, so now he's just paying for his sins. God is just punishing him." I said to him, "How could God punish him when the Lord doesn't even remember that the man did anything wrong?" How in the world is God going to punish you for something He doesn't even remember you did? God washes away and forgets your past when you are born again; you become a new creature. No, I found out why one of them was a success in the ministry and the other one wasn't. The older brother with the better personality had all the ability,
all right. He had tremendous speaking ability, and he could preach circles around his younger brother, but he never studied.

My wife and I stayed at the parsonage with the older brother, and he was always out talking to people and telling jokes. They weren't bad jokes, but it's just that telling jokes took up all his time. Then once he got in the pulpit, he didn't have anything to talk about but jokes. Once in awhile he'd get down to business and really preach. But the other fellow was constantly studying. I know because I held a meeting for him. I mean he'd be in his study every day for several hours just pouring over the Bible and his books. You never did see him because he was busy studying. And then at other times I stopped by to visit him, and he was always in his study with his Bible and his books just studying. That's why he climbed to the top in the ministry. It wasn't a matter that one of them was being punished for his past, because when God forgives, He forgets! And that is the way He wants you and me to forgive too. If you walk in the God-kind of love, that is the way you will forgive, too, because love and forgiveness go hand in hand. God Looks on the Heart. (Rev. Kenneth E hagin)

2 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2013
God does not forgive and does not forget the sin of Satan.

# in Rick Ross voice: God forgive I dont

2 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by KiKatanga: 6:42pm On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE: God does not forgive and does not forget the sin of Satan.

Nor the sin of Eve!
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by EvilBrain1(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2013
How can an all knowing god forget?

Your religion don't make no sense.

2 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by wiegraf: 3:50am On May 25, 2013
Evil Brain: How can an all knowing god forget?

Hypocrite, considering what you're trying to convey neither does this double negative!!!
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 5:36am On May 25, 2013
Seeing as he dwells outside time, he has no need for mortal attributes like memory.

Omniscient things....

4 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by UyiIredia(m): 6:19am On May 25, 2013
musKeeto: Seeing as he dwells outside time, he has no need for mortal attributes like memory.

Omniscient things....

An omniscient being would have an exceptionally good memory to remember all things.

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 6:32am On May 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

An omniscient being would have an exceptionally good memory to remember all things.

Memory is for recollection of past events. Past is an attribute of time. Mortals are time-bound beings.

To dwell outside time is to have no past or future. It's to BE. The I AM.

I actually learn a few lessons from the apologists we have here. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 6:35am On May 25, 2013

Right...let's go to every prison and let out all prisoners sentenced for life, in order to show the world how we can forgive and forget...
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 6:37am On May 25, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

Nor the sin of Eve!

Oh boy...even if I were to give a sermon with my azz, you still won't understand...
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by UyiIredia(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2013
musKeeto:

Memory is for recollection of past events. Past is an attribute of time. Mortals are time-bound beings.

To dwell outside time is to have no past or future. It's to BE. The I AM.

I actually learn a few lessons from the apologists we have here. Lol.

But God interacts with humans bound in time so regardless, He needs memory of His deeds with them. In any case, this is food for thought for it appears inane to me that an intelligent being has no memory.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by UyiIredia(m): 6:44am On May 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Oh boy...even if I were to give a sermon with my azz, you still won't understand...

grin Person dey vex.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 6:49am On May 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

grin Person dey vex.

Vex ke? Nah mehn...there are a lot of things that pisses me off, silly posts on nairaland aint one of them.

It's all about garbage in and garbage out...someone gives me garbage...I give back garbage...if the good stuff is given then boy are we on a roll...
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 6:50am On May 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

But God interacts with humans bound in time so regardless, He needs memory of His deeds with them. In any case, this is food for thought for it appears inane to me that an intelligent being has no memory.
Nna, I've been chewing on it for a long time but still can't understand it. It's as abstract as ideas get. For me, understanding it (sic) would solve the whole omniscience/freewill conflict wahala.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by AtheistD(m): 9:47am On May 25, 2013
Why must we forget when we forgive? Isnt that what leads to repeat offending? Forgive, do not forget or allow yourself to be in that same position again. Be smart folks wink
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Right...let's go to every prison and let out all prisoners sentenced for life, in order to show the world how we can forgive and forget...

Let start from here, give me your sister and I f hell out of her. My girlfriend wont get mad. You can forgive and forget if I dump your sister at the end
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 25, 2013
lol @ forget.
if God did forget, then the concept of KARMA would not be real would it?

So I'll pass.
I'm just fine with distancing myself from those who hurt me and let them face their downfall by way of Karma.

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by tpia5: 2:40pm On May 25, 2013
yes, forget and let the offending party intensify their attacks while you keep doing mumu.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Let start from here, give me your sister and I f hell out of her. My girlfriend wont get mad. You can forgive and forget if I dump your sister at the end

LWKMD!!!

You mean you really do not understand where my post was heading?

Not to worry, when next I address you directly, I will try to explain slowly in order for you to understand...
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 8:42pm On May 25, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

Nor the sin of Eve!

Eve is in HEAVEN. They were forgiven by God. After they fell, they started learning how to walk with God. With time they developed in that. You make sure you are Born Again n get to that Planet Heaven, I assure you that U 'll see Eve there. She's enjoying Heaven I tell U. I can't wait to meet her there.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 8:49pm On May 25, 2013
Evil Brain: How can an all knowing god forget?

Because He is God that's Y He can chose to forget. There's none like Him. All U've ever said n done are recorded in the Great Room of Record which is half d size of this earth. In d end, after all d judgments, God will cast the Great Room of Records into the Sea of Forgetfulness. The whole of the Planet Heaven will move into Eternity as God will take us to show us where He, Jesus n d Holy Spirit came from. Guy, U don't need to miss this Great event. If U eVer see this Great God Jehovah, ur knees will buckle. The only God who died for His worshipper - what love!

2 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 8:54pm On May 25, 2013
musKeeto: Seeing as he dwells outside time, he has no need for mortal attributes like memory.

Omniscient things....

Our Great Father God has d Largest Memory U could never imagine. He knows all about all who ever came to this world. He has other creations that He oversees. There are several Suns, Earths, many solar systems my dear. God rules over all. Heaven is over 80-times bigger than this earth. This planet earth is just a small place.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by moneyhungry(m): 9:11pm On May 25, 2013
^^^
cool story bro. tell it again.

3 Likes

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by NoProphecy: 11:44am On May 26, 2013
Your god "forgives" only if you submit, beg, grovel and obey. If you do not, you will suffer "for eternity." This is not exactly forgiving and forgetting and not an example that I would recommend to anyone. I do agree that it is good to let go of petty feelings resulting from past events. However, as stated above, some things should not be forgotten, otherwise we fall victim to them repeatedly.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by bebe2(f): 12:37pm On May 26, 2013
dat is not humanly possible!

unless u have amnesia.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by 190: 12:39pm On May 26, 2013
*Kails*:
lol @ forget.
if God did forget, then the concept of KARMA would not be real would it?

So I'll pass.
I'm just fine with distancing myself from those who hurt me and let them face their downfall by way of Karma.

slap angry angry
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by MadCow1: 12:39pm On May 26, 2013
God forgave Eve yet kept her punishment for all generations unborn.

God forgave the Children of Israel yet kept them in the wilderness till all the adults died in the dessert.

Funny story!
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 26, 2013
I actually knew it was culled from Kenneth Hagin's book. His style of writing is unique and easy to understand.
@ topic, forgiving others guarantee our salvation and freedom. Some times, its difficult to forgive. But i have observed that God heals the wounds if we would help him. To forget is difficult for we mortals but i think what to forget in this context means is that you lose all the bitterness and pains associated to a wrong some one has done against you.
If you are reading this and you have a grudge, believe me, revenge is silver but forgiveness is golden. If you find it difficult to forgive, take the matter to the Father and he would surely help you.
God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by olumaxi(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2013
I think paul wouldnt av died by d sword if God really 4gets..cos d bible says,whosoeva kils by d sword wil die by d sword..besides,dis xame bible xays no sinner shal go un-purnishd..in my opinion,GOD's forgivenes doesnt mean u wont serve ur jail-term,he only 4gives so u wil make eternity..my opinion

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 26, 2013
he alwayspastored a good church and drove a new automobile even in Depression Days. In fact, he had a much larger church thanthe older brother.

all about the money. not even about how many got inspired!

story has little or nothing to do with forgiveness!

BTW, why haven't we returned to the garden of Eden??
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by ijawkid(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2013
Why can't atheists and confused ones alike just try to understand that when it is said God forgets it does not mean he runs short of memory or suddenly develops amnesia and so can't actually remember the sins one has committed.......
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by mrofficial(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2013

Kolomental. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Identify The Sixteen Hidden Books Of The Bible / Can You Boldly Testify Of God's Goodness In The Year 2017? / Boring Boring Higgs Boson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.