Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34213 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 24, 2013
Throughout my stay abroad, I've seen waves of Nigerians moving home for different reasons. Like during the US recession in 2008, more returning home after bagging foreign degrees while some men move to different countries leaving their families behind in naija. Some of us have built solid careers abroad & find it hard to relocate back home.

How long have you spent in diaspora, will you ever relocate back home and when?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 24, 2013
I wil b a nigerian in diaspora nxt yr by hs grace... I wil comment properly den

8 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by chelseabmw(m): 9:07pm On May 24, 2013
Will be home by xmas

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Super1759: 1:39pm On May 25, 2013
Relocating to mars soon

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Pacesetter2: 1:39pm On May 25, 2013
In Nigeria but my mind is in diaspora. My mind have failed to come back hence,my body has no choice than to comply.

In short..i'm leaving soon

21 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by obicentlis: 1:39pm On May 25, 2013
Abeg, make una carry all ur formings dey there. No Come drag road with me abeg.

10 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by AZeD1(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2013
Only God knows when next.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Caracta(f): 1:39pm On May 25, 2013
Home? Where is home?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by legalwealth(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2013
I'm still on my way...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ebamma(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2013
Im at home , but due to the security situation at home am planning to relocate to afghanistan

23 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Tobbylobar(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2013
angryReturn home...no be home i dey so...abii den tell u say i commot b4... angry

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 25, 2013
Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.

40 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Goldie20: 1:41pm On May 25, 2013
Hopefully next year Christmas, been 10 yrs since I been gone.. Gahdamn it.. Can't wait

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 25, 2013
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 1:42pm On May 25, 2013
I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by fckyourman: 1:43pm On May 25, 2013
There is no place like home no matter what. " home sweet home".

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by chaloner(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2013
Don't tink of coming back men , this is fuckin 9yrs in Kenya , men I'm chilling cool over here , fu*ck homie , fu*ckk BH, dey won't c my head men
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by IleIfe2(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2013
which information una dey use style collect with all these intelligence gathering thread?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bebe2(f): 1:47pm On May 25, 2013
Been 12yrs, coming wen security and power improves

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 25, 2013
I've spent all my life outside nigeria, however I spent three years in naija though for secondary school. I'll come back for good when I'm married tongue

But I go to naija every Christmas wink cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by teemlo: 1:48pm On May 25, 2013
Will be home This December or late next year July just to see my lovely kids and families

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by coogar: 1:48pm On May 25, 2013
how long? 3 days
returning, next tomorrow.....

there's no place like lagos....

6 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by chinnyonwu(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
U mean when yu get your papers?

38 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 25, 2013
I've been in Somalia for about 9years now, will return when electricity is stable in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 1:50pm On May 25, 2013
chinnyonwu:
U mean when yu get your papers?

What papers?

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Kslib(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
See your mouth. It took the police 30 minutes to appear at the scene where a soldier was killed on a busy road for that matter WHILE in naija those two guys would have been dealt with before 25 seconds sef..

Errrm, For those of you who do not like reading long posts,let me summarize:
THIS GUY SAID "HE NEVER WISHES TO COME HOME"

73 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2013
chaloner: Don't tink of coming back men , this is fuckin 9yrs in Kenya , men I'm chilling cool over here , fu*ck homie , fu*ckk BH, dey won't c my head men
u overrate urself dude. Who needs ur head? They wld jes dust u aside sef.

And besides, like d OP said,'most of u av built a career dt coming home might be difficult'.

I agree. some work at the tube in UK, some at d mine, some clean shoes and av gotten a lotta costomers! Some, like u is in d prison in kenya.

We undstnd everything. Except u are a genius, and most sorted after, what fuckin good job is there? Esp dt overrated UK. USA is still a place to hustle clean and hit hard, jes like NIGERIA.

20 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 25, 2013
teemlo: Will be home This December or late next year July just to see my lovely kids and families
LOL!!! Oga so u folo for all dis 9ja men wey go leave their wife n family for 9ja go abroad!! Cum pack dem folo go back diaspora

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by dad007(m): 1:54pm On May 25, 2013
Is about 2 years since I left my wife and son in Naija.And I went 2 spend the last xmas with them but it wasnt in Naija raither in Ghana bcus I had to relocate them there to prevent family interferance...And I wish to be with them every year.As 4 Naija,umhhhhh,I dont know when I will be there.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Adanyebe(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2013
[size=16pt]NEVER[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Asemo11(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2013
hmmm that one fit be next 4th genaration to come oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Beautiful City Of Abeokuta, Ogun State (Pictures, Video) / Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos) / See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.