Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Traditional Clothes Of Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Clothes Of Africa (10930 Views)

Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 9:27pm On May 24, 2013
I love the traditional clothes of my country, the colors, styles and materials and would love to learn more about traditional dress in other African countries, their origins, similarities and links to the culture of those countries.
smiley
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 10:05pm On May 24, 2013
here so pics to get the debate going....
some of my fave styles

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 10:46pm On May 24, 2013
I dont know what country the last pic comes from but the dress is v pretty

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21pm On May 24, 2013
wow nyycc Arab culture.
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 11:24pm On May 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
wow nyycc Arab culture.

arab culture

All the pics except the last one are depictions of Somali dress,

admittedly the abaya/ gilbab in gold is Islamic dress but you will find this particular style more prevalent in among Somali's.
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:25pm On May 24, 2013
so do you consider yourself as an Arab?

because all my SOmali friends call themselves Arab.
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 11:28pm On May 24, 2013
If your trying to get a rise out me its not gonna happen grin

I am Somali, Somalia is in Africa ergo i am African
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40pm On May 24, 2013
ok so why do you follow Arab religion. why do you worship 1 God?

dont you know SOmalia a.k.a Puntland was the Land of the GODS?

(that was during the days when Somalia used to be something close to civilized tongue )
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 11:56pm On May 24, 2013
I don't follow an Arab religion I follow Islam, the majority of Muslim's in the world are not Arabs

as for being close to civilized your shows that you are from that yourself. I all I wanted to do was look a how diverse traditional clothes are across the African continent and that's all.

But when it comes to Somalia on this forum ppl just go a bit insane, I know the site has a troll problem but i aint one of em.

It is so sad that some people on this site seem to revel in the tragedy and misery that has fallen upon their brethren and fellow human beings.

There but by the grace of God go you. your country is more developed?? great! Somalia will get there too and at a pace that astonishes the rest of the world as it will learn lessons from the experience of other more developed countries.

Now if you have something to share about your traditional dress great, if not Fluff off
angry

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:04am On May 25, 2013
Lala_laila: I don't follow an Arab religion I follow Islam, the majority of Muslim's in the world are not Arabs

that is inconsequential . just because I wear Somali clothes, it doesnt make me Somali. In the same way islam is Arab religion. why then do you invoke your creator in Arabic language and not Af-SOomali, which is the tongue the creator gave you? why do you call the God with an Arabic name " Ällah ", who is also a pre-islamic Creator God , as is clearly mentioned in Qur'an??>

as for being close to civilized your shows that you are from that yourself. I all I wanted to do was look a how diverse traditional clothes are across the African continent and that's all.

I stated a fact. Infact I was praising your ancestors. are you denying the fact I stated?

But when it comes to Somalia on this forum ppl just go a bit insane, I know the site has a troll problem but i aint one of em.

yes we have faced a lot of trouble and racism from your brothers.

It is so sad that some people on this site seem to revel in the tragedy and misery that has fallen upon their brethren and fellow human beings.

no one is reveling. if you see the insults heaped on us everyday and the number of our threads that has gone astray by your people, you will know what I talk about.

[img]There but by the grace of God go you. your country is more developed?? great! Somalia will get there too and at a pace that astonishes the rest of the world as it will learn lessons from the experience of other more developed countries.[/img]

Let us pray to Lord Amun-Ra that you see this day.

Now if you have something to share about your traditional dress great, if not Fluff off
angry

heres my TRaditional dress:

you like it

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 12:09am On May 25, 2013
cool pic, are the denim shorts traditional too cool

Have u faced any from me?

no one is reveling. if you see the insults heaped on us everyday and the number of our threads that has gone astray by your people, you will know what I talk about.

and in retaliation you are trying to derail this one

1 Like

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:18am On May 25, 2013
Lala_laila: cool pic, are the denim shorts traditional too cool

Have u faced any from me?

and in retaliation you are trying to derail this one

Thnx! no are you referring to the underwear ? embarassed lipsrsealed

no im not derailing. these are genuine questions and opinions.
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Nobody: 12:21am On May 25, 2013
Lala_laila: I dont know what country the last pic comes from but the dress is v pretty
this is not African.this is Arabo-Asian

1 Like

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 1:09am On May 25, 2013
Your saying the last pic of these four is not African?? okaaaaaaaay undecided

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:41am On May 25, 2013
so OP why are you wearing Arab dress in your pic why dont you show the full extent of your beauty by dressing in such Traditional Clothes
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 2:02am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
so OP why are you wearing Arab dress in your pic why dont you show the full extent of your beauty by dressing in such Traditional Clothes

I do dress in such traditional clothes, in fact I was wearing a traditional dress in that pic, u just cant see it smiley, i was going to a friends wedding.

and covering up is a dictate of my faith not Arab....
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by pleep(m): 2:47am On May 25, 2013
Somalia, somalia, toujours somalia....

What is going on this website?... I think its because of kalis and her obsession back in 2011, she brought all this mess here.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Lalalaila(f): 2:58am On May 25, 2013
pleep: Somalia, somalia, toujours somalia....

What is going on this website?... I think its because of kalis and her obsession back in 2011, she brought all this mess here.

This is not supposed to be about Somalia but traditional/ national dress, it is others making it about that....

so lets get this thread back on track.
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2013
Lala_laila:

I do dress in such traditional clothes, in fact I was wearing a traditional dress in that pic, u just cant see it smiley, i was going to a friends wedding.

and covering up is a dictate of my faith not Arab....

oh ok. I see..
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by AlyricistLaura: 10:40pm On May 25, 2013
pleep: Somalia, somalia, toujours somalia....

After her Beef wit me she said she was deleting all her post on Nairaland and Retiring.

I don't think she post here no more. She Retired.

I remember her saying she was leaving nairaland from all the stress
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by pleep(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2013
haha damn.. poor kalis she took alot of crap, but she deserved every drop! What thread did yall beef on?

I wanna read that shyte grin
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by somalia9: 7:53am On May 29, 2013
leav kails alone.

abaayo macaan saay taheey. Somali culture is #1.
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 4:57am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:05am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:15am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:19am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:21am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:25am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:39am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by Ogobara(m): 5:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Traditional Clothes Of Africa by macof(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2013
lovely Somali culture but a pity Somalia has lost all to their Arab masters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question !! What Is *sim Card* In Yoruba Called? / Why Do (some) Nigerians Abroad Despise Black Americans? / Benin-ife Relationship Explored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.