Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

3 Kidnappers Shot Dead Trying To Abduct 72 Yr-old Palmwine Tapper In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Kidnappers Shot Dead Trying To Abduct 72 Yr-old Palmwine Tapper In Imo State (706 Views)

They Want To Abduct Nnamdi Kanu In Court - DSS / Fayose Appoints 72-yr Old Carpenter and illiterate As Council Boss / Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Kidnappers Shot Dead Trying To Abduct 72 Yr-old Palmwine Tapper In Imo State by ChisomMalachy(m): 1:00pm On May 25, 2013
Luck ran against three kidnappers yesterday in Owerri, the Imo State capital as they were shot dead in a gun duel with the police while attempting to abduct a 72 year-old palm wine tapper, Chief Emmanuel Ujagba, from Umuebele Okporo in Orlu Local Government of the state.

One of the kidnappers, however, escaped with bullet wounds. The ring leader, Maduabuchi Agu Nnachi hailed from Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State.
According to police reports, the kidnappers abducted Chief Ujagba on Thursday night from his house at Umuebele and took him to a destination in Ihitte Uboma. The police, acting on a tip-off, stormed the kidnappers’ den and engaged them in gun battle. The police were able to rescue the victim after three of the kidnappers were felled and one escaped with gunshot wounds.

The police also recovered two AK 47 rifles, one single barrel gun which was cut into two halves, live cartridges and 120 expended ammunition from the kidnappers.
Narrating his experience, Chief Ujagba said, “I was in my house on Thursday night when the boys came to knock on my door. I thought that they were coming to buy palm wine, but immediately I opened the door, they wrestled me to the ground and said if I shout, they will shoot me.

He said further: “They quickly covered my eyes with a sweater cap and pushed me into the car. But each time we were approaching any police checkpoint, they will bring me out and push me into the booth. They took me to a place I don’t know and left me. I don’t know what happened to them until the police came to rescue me.” he said

http://www.malaspark.com/2013/05/3-kidnappers-shot-dead-trying-to-abduct.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Pollution: Fishermen At Risk Amidst The Oil - BBC / What Is The Way Forward For Nigerian Police. / PDP Will Die Soon - Governor Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.